Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Not rich at all. I just am a compulsive game shopper I guess. :p I like deals, and I like giving.

But definitely not rich.
You're like the Robin Hood of CAG :bow:

D ain't gonna say "no" to your generous offer. :p
He wasn't offering you a blowjob.

Somebody came up w/an idea earlier where the frequent CAGS should buy holiday gifts for each other. I like that idea, we raffle an everybody gets one person that they should buy something off their wishlist for or sum shit.
Watch everyone's wishlists devolve into just released $60 games :oldman:

AC3 (base game) for Steam and UPlay will be priced the same next Friday ($7.49)! :p

A game-key is a game-key - whether it's a UPlay, Steam, or Origin code.

They all can register up the same way into their respective clients.
True. Btw, you can freely play any Steam games that activate through Uplay directly from Uplay, you don't have to always launch Steam. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's the case.

True. Btw, you can freely play any Steam games that activate through Uplay directly from Uplay, you don't have to always launch Steam. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's the case.
Is it true for ALL UPlay games? Or just the newer ones?

Reason I'm asking - I have POP: TFS on Steam (this is what caused me to dislike UPlay+Steam double-DRM in Steam-versions). If all UPlay games got this changed, I could just reinstall that and check it out for myself. :D

Is it true for ALL UPlay games? Or just the newer ones?

Reason I'm asking - I have POP: TFS on Steam (this is what caused me to dislike UPlay+Steam double-DRM in Steam-versions). If all UPlay games got this changed, I could just reinstall that and check it out for myself. :D
Not true for all games. I bought Driver San Francisco from Steam and it launches Steam if I try to play it through Uplay.

When can we start getting the 5 dollar editors choice credits?  With the sales currently going or not until black friday?  Sorry if its been answered in here....

Thanks for the info - much appreciated.
Sorry to mislead you here, I began seeing the Steam uplay games in my acc for some time and I thought I could play them from there but apparently I was wrong. I tried with AC3 for example and it directly launched Steam. I suppose we are tied with both Steam and Uplay then, though I am also in the Steam camp where I prefer to have my games there and not directly on Uplay, the latter just lacks so much.

I know - he's offering games. :D

Not mine.

Though, he said Steam titles.

I wish he'd have said Origin-only and UPlay-only titles, too. :p
Good point. If it's a giftable key, then it can be from Origin or UPlay as well, if that's what you want.

They added that feature recently where all your Steam games would show up in your Uplay launcher. I noticed that Uplay displays all the activation keys for my Steam games and I was wondering if you would be able to download those games directly from Uplay and install them, and if then they would launch without Steam. I wouldn't bother trying cause I want them in Steam too, but I'm curious.

They added that feature recently where all your Steam games would show up in your Uplay launcher. I noticed that Uplay displays all the activation keys for my Steam games and I was wondering if you would be able to download those games directly from Uplay and install them, and if then they would launch without Steam. I wouldn't bother trying cause I want them in Steam too, but I'm curious.
You can't for some of them. I uninstalled Driver San Francisco from Steam, then checked if I could "install" using Uplay.. but it only gives me the option to "Play" it which launches Steam. I don't have any other games on Steam that activate on uplay, so that's the only one I can check.

Oh! That's an interesting thought, as well!

You know the irony of MysterD's crusade for uPlay only keys, is that he will be adding and playing them as non-steam games anyway.
It's more or less something like "having my cake and eating it, too." Namely, getting some of the best of both Steam-worlds and Non-Steam worlds. I'll get to that, for those who don't see the paradox in me doing all of this.

There's absolutely ZERO Steamworks DRM involved when adding a Non-Steam game to Steam itself - the game's EXE itself is NOT straight-up wrapped w/ Steam DRM, CEG, or any of that stuff in Non-Steam versions. This has always been my main concern w/ 3rd-party games on Steam; especially true if there's multiple versions out there (Steam-versions and other Non-Steam versions). I'll get to that.

I have no problem w/ buying Steam-versions, where there's no 3rd-party DRM involved there - and this is a nice list on GOG for DRM-FREE. If any problems are there b/c of Steam itself in the way - this can be solved b/c it's got NO DRM - game will boot w/ Steam closed.

I have no problem w/ Steam-versions straight-up using for DRM only Steamworks everything and that's the ONLY version out there - b/c likely, they've been Q&A'd and tested like holy hell to work with Steam b/c it's the only version out there! That's the version they're truly and fully supporting! It's built for it!

For Non-Steam versions and running it under Steam as such: if Steam somehow gets in the way of my game from working properly - well, this is EASY to fix: I just don't run Steam! Problem freaking solved!

And as most of us Steam-users know - Steam has a much better community; matchmaking; screenshot-taking; Big Picture Mode; and other stuff and features of that sort. UPlay, Origin, and pretty much every other PC gaming client ain't even close to being up to snuff, in those regards.

Some games have problems in the Steam-version b/c of Steamworks DRM (being wrapped around the game's EXE - especially for modding purposes) and some of Steam's functions (like Steam overlay). My example: go see Vampire Bloodlines. By using a Non-Steam version and adding it to Steam as such, I never have had to deal w/ some of Steam-version's assortment problems that can only be found in the Steam-version. Check the Steam Power User Forums for V:TM-B for a list of some of those problems.

It's more or less something like "having my cake and eating it, too." Namely, getting some of the best of both Steam-worlds and Non-Steam worlds. I'll get to that, for those who don't see the paradox in me doing all of this.

There's absolutely ZERO Steamworks DRM involved when adding a Non-Steam game to Steam itself - the game's EXE itself is NOT straight-up wrapped w/ Steam DRM, CEG, or any of that stuff in Non-Steam versions. This has always been my main concern w/ 3rd-party games on Steam; especially true if there's multiple versions out there (Steam-versions and other Non-Steam versions). I'll get to that.

I have no problem w/ buying Steam-versions, where there's no 3rd-party DRM involved there - and this is a nice list on GOG for DRM-FREE. If any problems are there b/c of Steam itself in the way - this can be solved b/c it's got NO DRM - game will boot w/ Steam closed.

I have no problem w/ Steam-versions straight-up using for DRM only Steamworks everything and that's the ONLY version out there - b/c likely, they've been Q&A'd and tested like holy hell to work with Steam b/c it's the only version out there! That's the version they're truly and fully supporting! It's built for it!

For Non-Steam versions and running it under Steam as such: if Steam somehow gets in the way of my game from working properly - well, this is EASY to fix: I just don't run Steam! Problem freaking solved!

And as most of us Steam-users know - Steam has a much better community; matchmaking; screenshot-taking; Big Picture Mode; and other stuff and features of that sort. UPlay, Origin, and pretty much every other PC gaming client ain't even close to being up to snuff, in those regards.

Some games have problems in the Steam-version b/c of Steamworks DRM (being wrapped around the game's EXE - especially for modding purposes) and some of Steam's functions (like Steam overlay). My example: go see Vampire Bloodlines. By using a Non-Steam version and adding it to Steam as such, I never have had to deal w/ some of Steam-version's assortment problems that can only be found in the Steam-version.
So would you buy a steam game that required uplay and if you wouldn't why not?

That depends.

I take everything on a case-by-case basis.

Matters like price; DRM; what different versions are out there (if there are any); how much I really want a game (especially if I want it ASAP); and other things can factor into what version I will buy (or not buy).

All due appreciation to whoever made the spreadsheet in the OP, but a spreadsheet you can't effectively search is rather pointless in my opinion, particularly of this size.
For all of those having a bit of difficulties navigating the official linked spreadsheet or wanting to use a better view and search you can try this. Click on the little icon below ( right corner) that says "view full-sized workbook". This will take you to full spreadsheet view (that should be more familiar to some) with search and other features. It will also provide a link to download the spreadsheet for those who have Excel or other spreadsheet apps.

Alternatively, you can use the following link:

https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid=f33d97ced7875b93&id=documents&resid=F33D97CED7875B93%21169&app=Excel&authkey=!AITPbA9QbgGZV84&

Shake em haters off mysterD.  You'll be laughing when Gabe dies from a heart attack and steam shuts down b/c no one else knows his password.  DRM even at its best is still a restriction.

If anyone wants to play NFS:MW add me on origin. (pm me for my handle)

You know the irony of MysterD's crusade for uPlay only keys, is that he will be adding and playing them as non-steam games anyway.
yup he plays crapgin i saw him so he fials evrythign

hmm

That depends.

I take everything on a case-by-case basis.

Matters like price; DRM; what different versions are out there (if there are any); how much I really want a game (especially if I want it ASAP); and other things can factor into what version I will buy (or not buy).
me if i cant no matter what i cant get it on steam like ds3 crysis 3 moih warfighter only way i buy it uplay games it still on steam i buy it. eithr drm free steam or no chocie steam goes first reason im pc gamer is steam not any ohter company

Oooh @ NFS: MW 2012 for $5.

Nice.

I wish the Complete DLC Pack ($7.39) was cheaper, though.

EDIT:

I just might have to bite on NFS: MW 2012 base game. I don't think it's been this cheap before.

Oooh @ NFS: MW 2012 for $5.

Nice.

I wish the Complete DLC Pack ($7.39) was cheaper, though.

EDIT:

I just might have to bite on NFS: MW 2012 base game. I don't think it's been this cheap before.
How does NFS:MW compare to Hot Pursuit? I wasn't really impressed with HP.

How does NFS:MW compare to Hot Pursuit? I wasn't really impressed with HP.
I don't know, from 1st hand experience.

I ain't played NFS: MW 2012.

From what I know of the game - NFS: MW 2012 is supposed to be a Burnout Paradise (open-world racer) meets NFS game (typical NFS racing where cops chase after racers like you).

The new NFS Rivals looks pretty good. Not $5 though :)
Yes, it does...

...even though it does seem to hand-hold quite a bit early-on and run locked at 30 FPS, according to TB.

If you unlock it from 30 FPS via in-game console commands, it goes nuts - this game sounds like everything was hard-coded like crazy for 30 FPS.

I'm okay w/ 30 FPS caps, as long as the game actually doesn't dip too much.

(If it gets into 25 frames or less, we have a problem).

I do prefer 60 FPS if there's going to be a framerate cap, of course.

juanjava said:
You're doing it too. $10 for both. I can wait
wow, that's pretty hypocritical; $1 humble bundle tier ftw ;)

LN3000 said:
Not rich at all. I just am a compulsive game shopper I guess. :p I like deals, and I like giving.
But definitely not rich.
which makes your generosity even more impressive ;)
I'd love Bioshock: Infinite, but we all know I'm going to buy it.

MysterD said:
I don't know, from 1st hand experience.
I ain't played NFS: MW 2012.

From what I know of the game - NFS: MW 2012 is supposed to be a Burnout Paradise (open-world racer) meets NFS game (typical NFS racing where cops chase after racers like you).
finally going to pick this up

wow, that's pretty hypocritical; $1 humble bundle tier ftw ;)

which makes your generosity even more impressive ;)
I'd love Bioshock: Infinite, but we all know I'm going to buy it.

finally going to pick this up
I think I will pick up NFS: MW base game, as well.

I'll wait for Complete DLC Pack to get a bit cheaper if I really like the game, though - i.e. same price as base game is currently ($5).

I'd really like to try some of the new areas, modes, and stuff those DLC's entail - especially Terminal Velocity.

EDIT:

Bought, activated & now downloading.

I would get MW 2012 too if I wasn't backlogged. I'm still in the middle of Hot Pursuit.

I think I'll bite on Max Payne Complete since there isn't anything else in this sale I want. Why must you elude me Rogue Legacy and Don't Starve? You know you want to be on sale for 75% off. 

I think I will pick up NFS: MW base game, as well.

I'll wait for Complete DLC Pack to get a bit cheaper if I really like the game, though - i.e. same price as base game is currently ($5).

I'd really like to try some of the new areas, modes, and stuff those DLC's entail - especially Terminal Velocity.

EDIT:

Bought, activated & now downloading.
oh reallyt now me if they were anothere sequel i would buy it and buy the odls ones but nah they adddiing anothr on not gonna use up money and buy sorry it fun but i ogt enough racing ggmas

Hot Pursuit had far more structure than Most Wanted and that's what I appreciated about it.  I could jump into a race or cops vs racers lobby in 5 different car classes or screw around in single player doing "race against the clock" or single cop vs racers stuff.  The online was fantastic (though to be fair, I played it on 360 and it's now 3 years old...the online on PC could be dead).

Most Wanted had fairly boring single player races and weird, too-short MP playlists where as a group you race, do different stunt challenges, etc but it had no structure to it and people would just screw over everyone else in the competitions instead of actually competing...I didn't enjoy it at all.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back