Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a copy of A:CM for a friend and London 2012 for myself.  The only other deal I'm considering right now is Brothers.  I would love to see an Enslaved deal, I loved that game when I played it the a few years ago.

In for:

Aliens: Colonial Marines (Steam) [activated it]

London 2012 (Steam) [activated it]

and You Don't Know Jack: Classic 9 Pack Bundle (NO DRM)

y u do dis ;(
For $2 each (before tax), why not give Steam-required games Aliens CM + London 2012 a shot?

Plus EC coupon on top of it. :D

About YDKJ Bundle - I always liked YDKJ. Glad to have the entire old bundle. :D

I liked the newest old & played it quite a bit - so, might as well take the ENTIRE old collection.

I'll just DL them from Amazon DVG and add as Non-Steam games.

I always enjoy these types of games.  I bought and played the Beijing Summer one and like most olympics games I've played you have some events much better than others, but definitely fun in MP.  It's like if mario party tried to take itself really seriously.  

umm, all u need is the base game for this game.
What's in the Dan Marshall pack though? It says it gives him a new skill and I'm curious as to how it effects the game. I hate when they put stuff like that into DLC. If it was just outfits or something I can ignore it, but I don't know if I want to play with this or not.

What's the difference, if there is any, between vanilla versions, and those labeled "instant access"? For example, Command & Conquer?

What's the difference, if there is any, between vanilla versions, and those labeled "instant access"? For example, Command & Conquer?
I think with that you need to link your origin account to your amazon account and the game will be automatic activated on your origin account. If you chose only origin key you can input yourself the key or give to somebody else to activate on origin

What's in the Dan Marshall pack though? It says it gives him a new skill and I'm curious as to how it effects the game. I hate when they put stuff like that into DLC. If it was just outfits or something I can ignore it, but I don't know if I want to play with this or not.
Honestly, you don't need it. The bonus nanomachine is kinda meh. You get it for free at the start of the game, so you may use it early on, but it will likely be replaced shortly thereafter. The weapon bonus is sorta nice, but certainly not anything needed (as I didn't even use it).

Count me as a a +1 for steam version of YDKJ. That would be fantafabulous.

pm'ed you. thanks again Tony. And is it possible to get Steam keys for the You Don't Know Jack Classic Collection?

Tony, any possibility of the You Don't Know Jack Classic Pack getting Steam keys?
You Don't Know Jack Classic Pack (9 Game Bundle) - $4.99

This would be an instabuy if they were Steam keys (it's just easier to keep track of when the client does all the work for you)

yes, but it just leaves more money for moonshine and bacon.

I'm planning on getting it, but I'd be lying if the EC coupon wasn't the deciding factor in the purchase.
I bought A:CM last night, how do I check for the credit coupon ?

Do I get 5 $ every time I buy the game? (Like buying A:CM times 5 or London 2012 3 times, Aliens 2 times) or is it restricted to 1 per IP/account/e-mail for example?

Thanks , just don't think I've gotten a game with credit before..

The Farm Frenzy games still show $6.99 on the site even though the lists have them lower starting today. Any news on that? Thx!

I also picked up A:CM and 2012 for the EC credits :) Will preorder Revengeance ASAP.

I bought A:CM last night, how do I check for the credit coupon ?

Do I get 5 $ every time I buy the game? (Like buying A:CM times 5 or London 2012 3 times, Aliens 2 times) or is it restricted to 1 per IP/account/e-mail for example?

Thanks , just don't think I've gotten a game with credit before..
You'll get an email within 48 hours of 1/3/14 detailing your promo credit. The $5 EC credit is acquired by any PCDD purchase from now till the end of the year, so yes, multiple purchases of say AC:M will net multiple promo credit.

Anyone buying this? I'm considering it :whistle2:k

BTW, thanks Tony for the great prices! :bow: And Ashes and Sepioth for the great lists! :bow:
That's a great price. I have most from retail but it would be great to just have them all easily accessible from Origin as well. Might have to pick that up also.

Picked up C&C and A:CM, despite my better judgement on the latter.  Waiting to see if Brothers is cheaper as a daily/flash during Steam's sale, but will likely pick it up somewhere by the end of the sale.

Why is everybody buying London 2012 (besides the price)? Is a good game?
Bought it last week from GetGames for $2. For the most part, it's a typical Track & Field QTE/button masher. It does have leaderboards, so you can compare your times with friends, which is a nice addition. Some of the events are awful, like the diving and gymnastics, but there also are some that are entertaining enough to have kept me occupied for a couple hours. Liked the shooting and field events.

Worst part is the lack of Audio settings. If anyone can figure out how to turn off the awful music, let me know.

London 2012 has lots of similarities to Sega's Virtual Tennis 4. Both games have a decent amount of polish and relatively satisfactory gameplay, but both are insanely casualized (hate that term, but it fits) in that they only give you a truncated experience of the sporting events. In VT4's career mode, tennis tournaments consisted of insanely truncated matches. If you wanted to play a full 5 set match, that option simply wasn't there. Same happens in London 2012. You get to qualify, then you go to the medal round. For tournament type events like Table Tennis or Volleyball, if you lose the qualifying round, you still get to play in the bronze medal match.

It is what it is: yet another lackluster track & field game. You might get 5 hours of it if you want to go through the Olympics on the hard difficulty (which probably should have just been available on a first playthrough). Probably would be a decent party game for kids, if you don't value your controllers.

Shouldn't the Xcom EU/EW set be able to be purchased with the 2k credit we got earlier in the year for buying bioshock infinite? Other 2k sale items are working for my credit, but not this.

Tony,

Do you have any other updates from Square Enix other than the $5 Tomb Raider (2013) price change?

Things like LoK collection were cheaper during BF/CM sales. (Just noticed its $4 on Christmas and New Years)

How does A:CM compare to say, the Serious Sam classics? I can't imagine it's "worse" than that in regards to level design and AI.
it not bad as it seems it wasnt what expect from demo but it avg game not goty not the worst goty it fun the only weakness is p2p matchmaking insteead of steam wher central stuff

I've asked this many times and I don't think this will ever have a Steam key. I waaaaaaaaaaant. :(
I just asked about this. I THINK we have a Steam key version, we're looking.

Shouldn't the Xcom EU/EW set be able to be purchased with the 2k credit we got earlier in the year for buying bioshock infinite? Other 2k sale items are working for my credit, but not this.
My bad, gotta add it, doing so today.

Tony,

Battlestations midway, battlestations pacific and company of heroes (first one) for $2.50 each. Hopefully steam keys. I need my WWII fix
Got it, no plans yet on those.

Cheers,

Tony

BTW Anyone who got the Doctor Who games from Amazon, you might as well grab it again cheap now on Groupees since it's not likely we'll get Steam keys for it from Amazon. Groupees is doing a Holiday build a bundle and promised steam keys for the recently Greenlit Doctor Who games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back