Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
troof

this is somehow way offtopic atm, but i really hope bioshock infinite is in that EC event. If i could get that for 5 bucks i'd be so happy
I don't think Amazon DVG and game discussions are *that* off-topic in an Amazon DVG Thread. ;)

Anyways, Bs:I is easily worth $5. :D 2013 GOTY so far, for me.

BsI: BAS Pt 1 was really good, as well - even despite its brevity (3 hr and 20 min it took me to get through, w/ doing some exploring & whatnot).

I don't think Amazon DVG and game discussions are *that* off-topic in an Amazon DVG Thread. ;)

Anyways, Bs:I is easily worth $5. :D 2013 GOTY so far, for me.

BsI: BAS Pt 1 was really good, as well - even despite its brevity (3 hr and 20 min it took me to get through, w/ doing some exploring & whatnot).
I was more referring to how we've gone like the last couple hours without mentioning vidya games in here

I have BSI on xbox, want it on PC as well...I'd gladly double dip for five bucks

Is it here:
Amazon Holiday Sale, By Title - And Late Additions

If not, then, probably 5 seconds before you checkout.

No, that's how many pages we've taken up between two threads because of the lack of significant deals to talk about.

Edit: And my cat just sneezed in my tea.
Poor kitty.

But, but - you could've code-dropped the base-game and further solidified your status as The Ultimate Game-key Dropper. :p ;)

Yeah, I understand w/ the saving $ thing - especially given the way you buy games & drop codes.

And b/c as CAG's, we all try to save money on as much games as we can - since a lot of us a game-hoarders.
Hey man, that's so not cool. I have a PROBLEM. Encouraging someone with a problem is just mean. :(

:p

YES! XCOM. Enemy Within is 14,99$ on Amazon now. 4€ cheaper than on Steam (14,99$ = 10,99€, Steam has it for 14,99€).
Color me surprised. Too bad I already got it on Steam. Then again, Steam has the snow globe cards, which can be sold for $.50 each, so that lowers the price almost another $1.

Hey man, that's so not cool. I have a PROBLEM. Encouraging someone with a problem is just mean. :(

:p
We all have a BUYING problem w/ games. And if we don't by the time we join CAG, trust me; once we're a CAG member, we WILL have a problem.

Just...your "problem" includes also being generous and giving game-keys and code-drops out.

I use "problem" w/ quotes loosely - as that word and context is really in the eyes and mind of the beholder(s).

Is that what Neuro smiles like when he buys something from Amazon DVG and makes another sale for Tony? :D

EDIT:

Wait - I've always been miserable! And that was before even becoming an adult!

And I ain't even dating or married or anything, currently.

Hmmmm...

[scratching my noggin]
/like haha and pasports hehe

Our Tony has forsaken us.  Just kidding, everyone is entitled to a life...

…just kidding, get back in here and gave us t3h bundles!

Ok. Now I'm addicted to TSW and must decide if buying now or wait and buy it from the Editor's choice list (I know, we don't know if it will be there)

Edit: ok, it went to $15 again, so now I need to wait for it to go cheaper again :(

Edit 2: my bad. TSW WILL BE $10 by monday xD

My eyes must be playing tricks on me when I saw a gold statue of his name somewhere.

BEYl6Io.jpg
that is freaking awesome, we should all get together and buy one for ln if he doesn't already have it.

y u no drop games santa ln ;( {sits on santa ln's lap] santa ln, i would love a castle of illusion key when its on sale ^_^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfY_38wZU2I

Aliens Colonial Marines is out of stock!! How will I troll more people now?
Preemptive Strike

missiles_25263t.jpg

Bought before you can. :D

then why are they smiling? i dont think your interpretation holds up

You have a limited view of alcoholics
Some try to maintain class before their life goes down the shitter
Well, she's smiling because he's willingly eating her poisoned pizza. His smiling is probably an involuntary reaction to the rat poison now coursing through his veins.

Damn how much pizza do you eat? Or do you jsut purposely over-order so you get bangin' leftovers for days?
Well it's probably the only banging he's been getting, so it's probably worth going overboard.

No, that's how I smile when I win the lotto. Normally, my face has much less expression.
276817_235687291557_4740724_n.jpg

Sounds good, I'll probably Red Box it soon too.
I've been seeing blue Redbox's. What kind of :bs: is that?

[quote name="Neuro5i5" post="11373258" timestamp="1387671041"]Edit: And my cat just sneezed in my tea.[/quote]Thats good luck buy another lotto ticket.

Ok. Now I'm addicted to TSW and must decide if buying now or wait and buy it from the Editor's choice list (I know, we don't know if it will be there)

Edit: ok, it went to $15 again, so now I need to wait for it to go cheaper again :(

Edit 2: my bad. TSW WILL BE $10 by monday xD
I haven't played in a few months, but I'm going to start up again. If anyone wants to add me (Pyrmancer), I'm always ready to meet up and available to drop back to help in the first few areas (I'm in Egypt, but I can help new players with at least the first 2 dungeons).

Steam has Sleeping Dogs complete for 7.99 while they're running SD as the daily.  Any idea if Amazon will do something similar?  I only saw the vanilla Sleeping Dogs for 4.99 listed on the big mega-spreadsheet.

Thanks!

Steam has Sleeping Dogs complete for 7.99 while they're running SD as the daily. Any idea if Amazon will do something similar? I only saw the vanilla Sleeping Dogs for 4.99 listed on the big mega-spreadsheet.

Thanks!
Sleeping Dogs Collection, you mean.

It only has 17 items.

I don't think that's a "Complete" Pack.

There's 24 DLC's listed there - and that is NOT including the FREE DLC stuff.

Hey Tony, any chance Splinter Cell Blacklist dips to $20 to match the current sale on the console versions? I just find it odd that the PC version will be $30 while the console versions are $20. It's usually the opposite way around. Thanks, and awesome sale. I already plan on picking up Arkham Origins and Lego Marvel, great prices. 

Sleeping Dogs Collection, you mean.

It only has 17 items.

I don't think that's a "Complete" Pack.

There's 24 DLC's listed there - and that is NOT including the FREE DLC stuff.
Bah, you're right. Amazon has a SD Bundle with 11 items (including SD itself) that isn't discounted. This is in contrast to the Steam 17 item SD collection. Silly me, I assumed they were the same at first.

Are any of the DLC actually worthwhile? I'm not obsessive about DLC, but for $3 more I'm tempted by the Steam deal.

Bah, you're right. Amazon has a SD Bundle with 11 items (including SD itself) that isn't discounted. This is in contrast to the Steam 17 item SD collection. Silly me, I assumed they were the same at first.

Are any of the DLC actually worthwhile? I'm not obsessive about DLC, but for $3 more I'm tempted by the Steam deal.
I unfortunately can't speak on that.

I don't have any of the SD DLC, unfortunately.

I only have the SD base game.

I been waiting for a really good deal on ALL of the SD DLC, altogether.

Does anyone know if the Battlefield 4 + Premium combo that is going on sale soon is 1 combined key or 2 separate keys? I would like to use premium for myself and give my friend a copy of BF4 for christmas.

Thanks.

Do you like cosmetic items? That's what most of the DLC is.

A couple of them give extra money. I never felt like I needed more - but I didn't care to buy much clothing or cars.

Nightmare in Northpoint is a story DLC. I found it a bit tedious, but it was short.

I'm in the middle of Year of the Snake now. It is more interesting so far.

The main game was really good, though after finishing the story I didn't feel compelled to 100% everything.

The DLC is currently cheap, but it will certainly be cheap again. Don't feel bad if you don't get it all.

The steam "complete" collection is only missing nightmare in northpoint as story DLC which you can skip. Each DLC is about 1 and half hour long, and you probably won't go back after finish them once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back