Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

I'm in trouble.

I promised myself I wouldn't by Skyrim until we carried Bethesda products.

I'm addicted now.

Going through posts from the past couple of days now. Also, Merry Christmas early to those of you celebrating :).

Cheers,

Tony
So. . . does this mean we'll be getting some sweet >33% off deals on the DLC?

Hi Tony,

any chance to get the 70% discount ($4.50) Steam is offering during the flash sale on Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons sometime during the Amazon Winter sale?

Guys,

I'm in trouble.

I'm addicted now.

Going through posts from the past couple of days now. Also, Merry Christmas early to those of you celebrating :).

Cheers,

Tony
Haha, I can't wait to sink my teeth into skyrim legendary on pc.

Please. No one tell Tony about Skyrim mods or we may never see him again.
Oh man, the mods Tony, dem mods man.

So I have to ask because I don't know under what magical circumstances you all got this DLC, but will these DLC points ever go on sale?  I want Citadel and Omega DLC badly but Bioware not dropped their prices and I have been doing my best to track any sales.  The two DLC's together cost the same as the whole trilogy which is ridiculous.  Do I stand a chance at seeing this on sale?

Mass Effect 3 Citadel:

http://www.amazon.com/BioWare-Points-1200-Citadel-Online/dp/B00C7B0F32/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387835604&sr=8-1&keywords=Citadel+DLC

Mass Effect 3 Omega:

http://www.amazon.com/BioWare-Points-1200-Citadel-Online/dp/B00C7B0F32/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387835604&sr=8-1&keywords=Citadel+DLC

So I have to ask because I don't know under what magical circumstances you all got this DLC, but will these DLC points ever go on sale? I want Citadel and Omega DLC badly but Bioware not dropped their prices and I have been doing my best to track any sales. The two DLC's together cost the same as the whole trilogy which is ridiculous. Do I stand a chance at seeing this on sale?

Mass Effect 3 Citadel:

Mass Effect 3 Omega:

Same thing with me an dragon age 2 dlc, the prices suck and I really want the bioware point to hit a sale.

So I have to ask because I don't know under what magical circumstances you all got this DLC, but will these DLC points ever go on sale? I want Citadel and Omega DLC badly but Bioware not dropped their prices and I have been doing my best to track any sales. The two DLC's together cost the same as the whole trilogy which is ridiculous. Do I stand a chance at seeing this on sale?

Mass Effect 3 Citadel:

Mass Effect 3 Omega:

You might have better luck playing lotto vs getting Bioware to put PC DLC on sale.

Guys,

I'm in trouble.

I'm addicted now.

Cheers,

Tony
"Whatever happened to that Amazon DVG rep who used to frequent CAG? What was his name...Timmy? Tinneh?"

"Tony. He used to have CAG as part of his stomping grounds, but then...he took an arrow to the knee."

I think he might be referring to the Awesomenauts: Starstorm DLC at 75% off on Steam for a short while before the discount was pulled.

Sniper Elite Complete Collection also glitched a little on GG at $3.75.
Ugh @ all these glitches when I'm not around.

I don't think I would've jumped on Awesomenauts DLC - there's like 7000 DLC's for that game!

Sniper Elite Complete + DI: Riptide - probably would've jumped.

EDIT:

Bleh. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the thing about $5 Tomb Raider. I would be all over it, especially as it gives you the EC credit, but I'm worried about what happens come January. You know it's going to be on the EC list. If it's $7.50, I'd rather pick it up then. But if it's $10 or more, I'll be kicking myself for missing this one, and mad at Amazon for the sneaky dealing.

Of course, it is Square Enix. Think I'm going to roll the dice, as it's just going to get cheaper.

Here's the thing about $5 Tomb Raider. I would be all over it, especially as it gives you the EC credit, but I'm worried about what happens come January. You know it's going to be on the EC list. If it's $7.50, I'd rather pick it up then. But if it's $10 or more, I'll be kicking myself for missing this one, and mad at Amazon for the sneaky dealing.

Of course, it is Square Enix. Think I'm going to roll the dice, as it's just going to get cheaper.
Yeah, same concern here. I'd say it's about 50/50 whether it will be cheaper during EC. Then again, I only have one coupon so far, so even if it's on the EC, I'd have to hope there isn't a better deal.

My guess would be that it'll either be $5 again or $10.

"Whatever happened to that Amazon DVG rep who used to frequent CAG? What was his name...Timmy? Tinneh?"

"Tony. He used to have CAG as part of his stomping grounds, but then...he took an arrow to the knee."
I love you so much for putting me into an arrow in the knee joke. I can now be fired of excessive Skyrim and still be at peace with myself.

Yeah, same concern here. I'd say it's about 50/50 whether it will be cheaper during EC. Then again, I only have one coupon so far, so even if it's on the EC, I'd have to hope there isn't a better deal.
This is a valid concern and kind of a catch 22.

NOTE: THIS IS SPECULATION ON MY PART

I believe that strong sales against the $5 price point will allow me to make a good enough case to get it into January at $7.49 pre-coupon. I also believe that the inverse is true.

Who knows though, I might be way off on that speculation, I have been before.

Cheers,

Tony

While I agree. AAA games (including Squeenix) tend to bottom out at $5 (maybe sweeter with GMG/GF 20% code or the like). I'd certainly imagine a complete pack of this for a better price than the DLC is now. But none of the DLC for TR2013 is worth it. Multiplayer is bad and dead. The extra Tomb (pre-order bonus)... well most the tombs are really dumbed down... it's more like bonus XP dlc). The rest is skins.

I picked it up for $10 from Amazon in summer. It was worth it.

Ugh @ all these glitches when I'm not around.

I don't think I would've jumped on Awesomenauts DLC - there's like 7000 DLC's for that game!
Starstorm is the only dlc with new content, the rest are just skins they sold to try and make some money while they updated the game with free new characters.

In before Mooby brings up the Humble Squenix Bundle.

My guess is they 'intentionally' glithched the price to draw attentions.

a kind of noise marketing, I suppose.
If only GG was smart like that. My guess is they employ monkeys to flip the sales switch, but every now and then the monkeys get bored and start pushing random buttons.

Note: monkeys is not necessarily referring to primates in this context.

Why the heck hasn't Tony told us this (or did I just miss it somewhere?) ... he posted it on Reddit.

Q: Can I use a credit on a game that costs $5 or less? (Get the game for free?)

A: Yes, the credit will work on items that cost $5 or less, making them free.

Tony,

Will there be PSN games in the EC selections? If the games can count in order to get the coupons, it seems like the coupons should apply to them as well.

Still waiting on news regarding Dark Messiah at $2.50...and hoping Skyrim LE will hit $15 at which point I, too, can take an arrow to the knee. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back