Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
If you type quickly enough and make my computer rapid fire the chat sound he'll bark at the TV though. My brother discovered that about 2 months ago and I've had some not awesome 4AM wake up calls (we play pranks on each other often).
You've just told everyone everything they need to know to prank you, now you'll never get sleep! Your life will be an endless series of steam chat sounds. You'll slowly grow insane, offering us every game at 90% off. You'll go full Jack Torrance on Bethesda and finally get that Paradox Bundle, too.

Or you'll just press the mute button. :whistle2:k

y u do dissss ;( get something good and not crappy bro.
I get what I want and/or what I like - and that's that. :p

EDIT:

Man... Tomb Raider for $5? How can I pass that up?

I know I won't get around to playing it anytime soon, and I know it will be $5 again some day.

I might just skip it. :(
If you own it already like myself - it's easy to pass up. :p

If you don't own it - you'd be crazy to pass this up.

IMHO, TR 2013 is one of the best game this year - even despite some of my very minor complaints.

This is one of those "I need to play this ASAP" kind of game.

Isn't available yet, we didn't get keys :(.

Cheers,

Tony
um tony just wondering is state of decay aslo one of things u tlak to microsoft about and is it any goign tobe at least 75% off or less than 7.34?but more 75% off is instant buy jjust saying tony. if it get approve? thanks if it is if not thanks for trying to do that

My kids are crazy about all the lego stuff. I told them to choose a game each to be part of their holiday gifts (already bought them some lego toys, from Amazon too). The first and only phrase they said was "something Lego!". Then, while browsing through the Lego games (they already have some on their Wii), they saw Marvel... and was love at first sight. It seems Lego Marvel has a cartoon or something now (along with Ninjago). I'm glad it has local MP, that way they can play from one of their Steam accounts with a couple gamepads... and I only have to buy ONE game ;)

Seriously, we need to get Tony some damn games. He's been playing nothing but Civ 5 for weeks. Weeks!
He's has Skyrim, be thankful he gets on CAG now.

Tony,

Now that you have played Skyrim for a little bit, you will appreciate this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALbQQzePzt4
Oh geez, funny vid. Dat ending cracked me up a bit. How many butterflies has been felled by the mighty Dragonborns? that would be a funny game stat.

Still waiting on Skyrim Leg. 75% off, its a pipe dream now huh.

OK, we seriously need to carpet bomb Tony's Steam Account with some Secret Santa loving. We are always code dropping in the Steam Thread, send some his way people!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198014975940

P.S. This is in no way an attempt to get Tony fully entrenched in the CAG lifestyle, which may or may not directly result in him feeling the compelling need to put more games on sale, just so he can build his Backlog. :)

OK, we seriously need to carpet bomb Tony's Steam Account with some Secret Santa loving. We are always code dropping in the Steam Thread, send some his way people!

P.S. This is in no way an attempt to get Tony fully entrenched in the CAG lifestyle, which may or may not directly result in him feeling the compelling need to put more games on sale, just so he can build his Backlog. :)
omg tony on steam didnt know how to find him ehhe lets give him some bad (jk)and good games

is it bad that im waiting for the steam summer sale i know its a long way away but its the best time to buy steam games!!
By who's logic? Last I checked Summer/Winter were pretty comparative, and I want to blow money now gag nabbit!

How many times does this need to be said. Praying gets you no where. Ritual sacrifice is where it's at.

Volunteers would be appreciated.
We hold weekly blood letting on saturdays, either voluntarily or not you will be there....

So was bioshock inf never scheduled for 9.99$, it was just price matched for quite some time?

I don't see it in any lists for anything but 19.99$

How many times does this need to be said. Praying gets you no where. Ritual sacrifice is where it's at.

Volunteers would be appreciated.
I sacrificed by buying The Bridge, Legend of Dungeon, and Monaco to appease the humble gods. I shouldn't have to sacrifice for a bit

On [Mr Gaiden Chip N' Dale]s behalf, Sword of the stars: complete

*2CM#-0T0M3-YZ5DI

* = indiegala's premium hoster

# = he talks to his derick

Having a problem with the Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed 4-Pack currently. I own the game already, and intended to give some away as a gift. But I only have one product code available, which has never happened to me with an Amazon 4-pack before.

The name is rather misleading.
MNS - I noticed that you did not care for Scary Girl by your review. This particular "pack" would be just a single buying of mini ninjas for me.

Tony, I am still holding out for PM on headhunter DLCs for Borderlands 2. If it does not happen, I still wish you a Merry Christmas and hope you have some quality time playing Skyrim.

MNS - I noticed that you did not care for Scary Girl by your review. This particular "pack" would be just a single buying of mini ninjas for me.
Scarygirl is really bad. I wanted to love it but it has so many problems and looses any sense of direction by the end. Not worth playing even if you own it. Quantum Conundrum I didn't care for either, since it relies heavily on first person platforming which is almost always a recipe for disaster (as it is in this case). The dialog also didn't do much for me, since it never went anywhere and felt like they forgot the punchline for the jokes. Mini Ninjas is fun so far, if not entirely original. I hope it has more platforming later on, but I liked the two hours or so I played, and found it pretty charming (I had some microstuttering problems though). It's been $2ish on GMG so I wouldn't recommend the pack for it. Season of Mystery I haven't played, but it's a hidden object game that looks very much like, well, a typical hidden object game. I can't imagine most are buying the pack for it, but it could be alright if you are into the genre.

Scribblenauts bundle is $10.49. Dunno what Tony is smokin
This is why we can't have nice things Tony.

Tony,

Now that you have played Skyrim for a little bit, you will appreciate this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALbQQzePzt4
This was hilarious lol. So much so that I'm booting the game back up.

Goodbye Doctor Who, helllooooooo Stormcloak Camp.

Lol while I REALLY appreciate the gesture, seriously, a little teary eyed here, please don't do this. I'll get in trouble, rightfully so, if I start accepting gifts from customers. Seriously though guys, I love you, you're awesome.

So was bioshock inf never scheduled for 9.99$, it was just price matched for quite some time?

I don't see it in any lists for anything but 19.99$
Negative that was a pricematch.

That's a good deal I thought!

Scarygirl is really bad. I wanted to love it but it has so many problems and looses any sense of direction by the end. Not worth playing even if you own it. Quantum Conundrum I didn't care for either, since it relies heavily on first person platforming which is almost always a recipe for disaster (as it is in this case). The dialog also didn't do much for me, since it never went anywhere and felt like they forgot the punchline for the jokes. Mini Ninjas is fun so far, if not entirely original. I hope it has more platforming later on, but I liked the two hours or so I played, and found it pretty charming (I had some microstuttering problems though). It's been $2ish on GMG so I wouldn't recommend the pack for it. Season of Mystery I haven't played, but it's a hidden object game that looks very much like, well, a typical hidden object game. I can't imagine most are buying the pack for it, but it could be alright if you are into the genre.

This is why we can't have nice things Tony.
Lol what's wrong with the Scribblenauts bundle? Isn't that a killer price?

Cheers,

Tony

He got a pic of Spoder's tits. What more could a guy ask for?

Probably my poopy diapers that I've been waiting for you to change for the past month or so.

I'm starting to get the feeling you weren't being sincere when you made that offer...

I'll get in trouble, rightfully so, if I start accepting gifts from customers.
As far as I'm concerned, any gifts you accept from me, it wouldn't be "accepting gifts from customers".

It would be "accepting gifts from friends". And seriously, that would be bad PR for Amazon if you got into trouble for that, if you catch my drift. :p

Disclaimer: I mean no ill will toward anyone, and don't actually encourage strikes against companies. Especially companies that get a significant chunk of my income each year. :p

As far as I'm concerned, any gifts you accept from me, it wouldn't be "accepting gifts from customers".

It would be "accepting gifts from friends". And seriously, that would be bad PR for Amazon if you got into trouble for that, if you catch my drift. :p

Disclaimer: I mean no ill will toward anyone, and don't actually encourage strikes against companies. Especially companies that get a significant chunk of my income each year. :p
Is there a Skyrim mod that adds an Amazon place of business in-game that we could lay seige to?

You can't give him a blunt. He'd definitely get in trouble for that.

Lol while I REALLY appreciate the gesture, seriously, a little teary eyed here, please don't do this. I'll get in trouble, rightfully so, if I start accepting gifts from customers. Seriously though guys, I love you, you're awesome.

Cheers,

Tony
Wait, if you can't accept gifts then that means you bought Bad Rats yourself? :shock:

Can anyone point me to an editors choice games list and their sale prices from last year january, or a forum thread from then? Last year there was quite a long list at christmas time already, now we have nothing. Makes me hesitate from buying things.

Was looking into getting dragon age 2, command and conquer pack, mortal kombat komplete, aliens colonial marines(need a season pass deal on that plz tony!)

Could also use a deal on crysis 3 complete and dead space 3 awakened dlc, and the hopes and dreams of all of us, the infamous bioware dlc points.

Was syndicate ever cheaper than $5? Is it worth it? I heard that the game is basically you running around trying to see through the blinding bloom.

I started replying to all the "Tony is on Reddit more than Amazon posts" and I hit the limit of quote boxes.

I should have addressed this earlier and didn't. The reason it looks like I'm on Reddit more than here is because I recently got a new phone and I am having a bear of a time logging into CAG from it for some reason. I need to download the Dolphin browser I think.

Anyway, alot of the time when I'm replying to a ton of stuff, I'm doing it on the run, on the bus, when i wake up in the morning, etc.

Totally bogus and I'm really sorry it feels like I haven't been posting here as much.

I'll get the mobile log in fixed right now.

Cheers,

Tony
you should have received a photograph you can use as blackmail from spoderman. :D/

also, so glad you're back, maybe everyone can now get their panties unbunched.

So for those of you still playing on the xbox 360 we'll have xbox live gold 12 month subs for $49.99 plus $5 AIV credit + 3 xbox live arcade games: the maw, ms. Splosion man, and wreckateer.

More updates incoming.

Cheers,
Tony
sweet, but what's an aiv credit?

I left...this topic...at page....298...oh boy....
and yet you felt compelled to waste my time with this unnecessary post. :twisted:

Would love to with all the money he has saved me, but don't want to get Tony fired on Christmas Eve. :shock:

I forgot to ask this the other day. I saw that ticket to ride base game is on sale for 5 dollars, but the complete pack is at the regular price. Steam has it on the holiday sale for the complete pack for 7.99 (with the chance it will go cheaper on a daily). I was wondering if you were looking to maybe match or beat the 7.99 cost!

It's cool, I can accept all of Tony's gifts on his behalf~

Also...

R70CW-RZ7TV-9GC3X
Congratulations, you are now the proud owner of a Darksiders 2 shield!

Hi, a couple of weeks ago Thermopyle gave me a Serious Sam 3 BFE key . I finally bought my own humble bundle so i'm giving away my copy of Seriosus Sam 3 to other user (please someone with a little participation and good feedback).

As an extra i'm also giving away a copy of Magicka + 2 DLC.

Send me a PM.
Regards and happy day CAG'ers!

--> Just added: Also giving away Sanctum Collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back