Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
New thread! Nice to see a price match for Scribblenauts Unlimited. Don't know if I should pick it up or not, though. 

finally stopped the notifications,  unfollowed and then followed the thread again and unchecked the notification box that popped up.

Alright, looks like the price match for Ticket to Ride and/or DLC is being refused or ignored. 

Has anybody bought the 1.99 USA DLC and can verify they got the 3 free games from it? 

Ticket to Ride: USA 1910 DLC for $1.99

yes, you should get the three games (ticket to ride, Maw and Drip Drip)

Slickdeals even posted this on their front page

sorry, but I meant that people have money from selling cards thus they may want to spend their steam card money to buy a game

picked up scribblenauts, thanks tony  (used the 15% discount)  already had the maw, but finally got ticket to ride, totally forgot about the free games :)

Can someone post a picture of Elaine driving in the luxurious double lanes?  I'm too newb.

For those that got the 3 free indie games with Scribble, did you have indications on the product page that you would receive them?  I'm not seeing them there.

How do you enter the %15 precent code? Ok this might be a silly question but if I remember correctly when I buy a video game on amazon - if you click buy and download it is one click buying you don't get a chance to enter a code ?

How do you enter the %15 precent code? Ok this might be a silly question but if I remember correctly when I buy a video game on amazon - if you click buy and download it is one click buying you don't get a chance to enter a code ?
after you click ' buy and download ' , next screen you will see the final price on right , right under the price , there is a column for you to enter promo code ... put the promo code in the box and apply :)

Couldn't pass up Scribblenauts at $4.24 with free games too!

I am looking forward to the next batch of free games on the 16th!

Thanks Tony!! : )

You get cards by spending money toward the Summer Getaway Sale Badge. AFAIK buying from Steam or elsewhere doesn't affect in-game card drops.
Yeah 1 card per $10 spent, so you have to make the choice. In the case of Dark souls it was $7.50, so 3/4 of a card, vs. saving an extra 15% ($1.12). Summer card values are plummeting, and are around 40 cents right now, so the amazon savings looks like a better deal right now.

Can we get a pricematch of To The Moon?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/206440/

Tony, thanks for being so quick with price matching Steam's dailies. Will the non-daily games also get price matched eventually? For me, mostly thinking about Clive Barker's Jericho. Only $1.24 on Steam, $1.69 on Amazon.
All PMs are flowing through the system slowly.

Did we figure out how long the Gooncave promo was lasting?
We're analyzing data on a day by day basis to determine how long we're going to keep it, which is why we're using the words "limited time" when talking about it.

Tony,

Will you get Amazon to price match Steam on Operation Flashpoint: Red River and Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising? The games are $3.74 each or $4.99 in a bundle of both.
All PMS are flowing through...slowly.

Yeah, we need to get Tony to have an actual picture up there. This default nonsense is no good. Anything would be better!

I'm using this.

waiting for dark souls PM to use 15% off
FYI this match is flowing through the system.

Tony, any chance you will match the Steam summer bundles?

Sonic Franchise Don't let them ruin your summer, Tony.
That is $30, what is in it that wasn't in our $9.99 one?

are you guys going to price match NiGHTS Into Dreams? It's 50% off on steam.
PMs are in place, they are just flowing through hella slow.

Cheers,

Tony

Bought the Ticket to ride. You end up getting an email saying you have credit for the other games. Must be used by 7/17

Did Amazon end up price-matching Dark Souls? I was up fairly late and didn't see it if they did.
We're PMing shortly. PMs are flowing through slowly (see my previous post).

Bought the Ticket to ride. You end up getting an email saying you have credit for the other games. Must be used by 7/17
Should be 7/17/2014.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony, any chance you will match the Steam summer bundles?

Sonic Franchise Don't let them ruin your summer, Tony.
That is $30, what is in it that wasn't in our $9.99 one?
I guess it was a premature sale. It was at 50% off for $15 when I first posted it.

To answer your question, it had 17 items with the extras over yours being: Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine™Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Adventure 2, SONIC ADVENTURE 2: BATTLE, Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed: Metal Sonic & Outrun DLC

Not sure what the issue is, the bundle isn't on sale right now.

Hoping you guys will PM the flash deal on Steam for XCOM ($9.99), even if it is slowly!
We don't PM flash deals so if you see one you want, grab it.

I guess it was a premature sale. It was at 50% off for $15 when I first posted it.

To answer your question, it had 17 items with the extras over yours being: Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine™Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Adventure 2, SONIC ADVENTURE 2: BATTLE, Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed: Metal Sonic & Outrun DLC
Got it, we don't have that bundle but I'll hit up Sega.

Cheers,

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back