Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Iam wondering if I should wait for EC list or go to sleep :) Knowing if I made good choice to stack credits will be like small christmas,
Keep in mind the EC promo continues all through January so it's not like you're going to grab everything in a day. There will probably be better deals to use them on later this month.

Iam wondering if I should wait for EC list or go to sleep :) Knowing if I made good choice to stack credits will be like small christmas,
The list is not a 'list' per se. If it's anything like previous years it'll have titles rotated in and out and prices may/may not be on sale.

tl;dr - Go to sleep.

So asheskitty gets one of each code for his/her contributions and the rest of us knife fight for the rest
You had me at knife fight.

tCp90.gif

Indeed.

N-E-ways, can't remember Cheapy's system but I think it's like there's x amount of hours to put in an entry and then there's a random draw. Much better than an open code drop. I don't mind 'losing' in that fashion versus a mad dash of copy/pasting.
Agreed.

Hey guys,

I have a bunch of keys to giveaway for Metro Last Light, Dead Island Riptide, and some Double Fine games. I also have Defiance but not on Steam.

I'll be doing the giveaway this evening from home, but if you're interested in any of these I have the following quantity:

Defiance: 122

Double Fine 4 Pack (not sure on the games...SURPRISE!!!): 12

Dead Island Riptide: 15

Metro Last Light: 18

F1 2013: 9

Contrast: 3

Final Exam: 3

Grid 2: 9

I'm going to try and do this differently this time and take suggestions, because it is impossible for me to manage PMs at scale anymore for stuff like this (sorry).

Thoughts on the best way to distribute?

Edit:

Thoughts on doing the "remove a digit from the key" trick and just posting them all at once?

I can set a time so you all can be ready to snag them too if you want.

Cheers,

Tony
Awesome.

I'd so love to get in on winning Metro: Last Light.

EDIT:

You should do a variety of these things.

Maybe a code-drop w/ missing digits for one game;

maybe a puzzle or riddle for another one;

maybe for one giveaway, ask for first person to PM you.

Keep it interesting and switch formats up for each key, I say.

In4AMetroLL

...lol.

Amazon has bummed me out for the first time. I ordered a meat space copy of Diablo III to play with friends after the holidays and I received a mangled wreck of a game box from the mail.  I open the case to find the game disc ALMOST intact... the game disc has a dent in it and no way am I putting that in my console.   Now I have to wait until Monday.  Probably more the postal service than Amazon, but that's super crappy. 

I ordered a TV for my parents for Christmas and the box the TV box was in was nearly soaked through with water.   Luckily, as stated, the inner box was bone dry and the TV worked great.  Really has me concerned, though, on the delivery of Amazon goods, more so through Prime (cutting corners?).

In4AMetroLL

...lol.

Amazon has bummed me out for the first time. I ordered a meat space copy of Diablo III to play with friends after the holidays and I received a mangled wreck of a game box from the mail. I open the case to find the game disc ALMOST intact... the game disc has a dent in it and no way am I putting that in my console. Now I have to wait until Monday. Probably more the postal service than Amazon, but that's super crappy.

I ordered a TV for my parents for Christmas and the box the TV box was in was nearly soaked through with water. Luckily, as stated, the inner box was bone dry and the TV worked great. Really has me concerned, though, on the delivery of Amazon goods, more so through Prime (cutting corners?).
Oh, you got a console-copy...

If you got a PC copy, you could just activate the key up on BNet an download the files through there.

EDIT:

I'm guessing console copies don't work like that for retail-keys activating up on PSN or XBL, eh?

Amazon has bummed me out for the first time. I ordered a meat space copy of Diablo III to play with friends after the holidays and I received a mangled wreck of a game box from the mail. I open the case to find the game disc ALMOST intact...
the game disc has a dent in it and no way am I putting that in my console. Now I have to wait until Monday. Probably more the postal service than Amazon, but that's super crappy.

I ordered a TV for my parents for Christmas and the box the TV box was in was nearly soaked through with water. Luckily, as stated, the inner box was bone dry and the TV worked great. Really has me concerned, though, on the delivery of Amazon goods, more so through Prime (cutting corners?).
I was about to say just type the code into your Blizzard account...

I'll just go ahead and say what we're all thinking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pm4fQRl72k

(...But especially Metro: Last Light)

From looking at the other contests, I think for this you would also have to have twitter? and the other way to win is to join a discussion..

I think I'm one of the only people left alive without twitter and facebook..

^_^ fear me
I pick my alliances carefully and would advise others to do the same.

You don't want to get caught in her Cute Charm!

Really has me concerned, though, on the delivery of Amazon goods, more so through Prime (cutting corners?).
I had two orders this holiday that arrived with the packing tape almost completely split open, and one item with broken packaging. Both had "Prime Shipping" stamped all over them, but I ordered them with the free shipping option (I guess they both go through the same packaging center). First time I've ever had stuff come in this sort of condition, I really hope it's not a trend that I see continue.

Amazon has bummed me out for the first time. I ordered a meat space copy of Diablo III to play with friends after the holidays and I received a mangled wreck of a game box from the mail. I open the case to find the game disc ALMOST intact... the game disc has a dent in it and no way am I putting that in my console. Now I have to wait until Monday. Probably more the postal service than Amazon, but that's super crappy.

Many of the packages I ordered from Amazon over the last month & a half arrived in wet boxes. UPS had tons of problems this holiday season.

From looking at the other contests, I think for this you would also have to have twitter? and the other way to win is to join a discussion..

I think I'm one of the only people left alive without twitter and facebook..
Same here. Never made a Twitter or Facebook account and I don't plan on doing so anytime soon.

Console copies dont work like PC copies (and I already own the PC version, friends want to play on console).   Game requires a disc and I bought the retail because of CC rewards points.

Just a major bummer to get a trashed copy after a nailbiter with a big screen TV purchase. 

Wow, that's some horrid luck. Wonder what happened. I've ordered a few large/expensive items from Amazon and have had all good luck so far, thankfully.
My graphics card arrived today in one piece! Fortunately Amazon is excellent with returns and will take things back for basically whatever reason.

In4AMetroLL

...lol.

Can't really blame Amazon for how packages arrive to you. I highly doubt they would cut corners. Besides it takes more work to box a TV and the get it all wet before shipping then it does to just box it and ship it. :)

I'm sure the boxes where square and dry when they left them. I'd be blaming the delivery company.

Where I work we deal with UPS on almost a daily basis (FedEx a few times a week).

If you ever saw what goes on in the back of a UPS truck you would be surprised that any package makes it to you in one piece during the holidays..

During this holidays the UPS truck that gets to my work gets there at around 12 Noon. That's about 4-6 hours after he started his days of deliveries. His truck is still full. He was literally climbing over and stepping on boxes to get to the stuff for my delivery.

Console copies dont work like PC copies (and I already own the PC version, friends want to play on console). Game requires a disc and I bought the retail because of CC rewards points.

Just a major bummer to get a trashed copy after a nailbiter with a big screen TV purchase.
It's God's way of telling you not to play consoles. :oldman:

My graphics card arrived today in one piece! Fortunately Amazon is excellent with returns and will take things back for basically whatever reason.
What card did you get if you don't mind me asking? I just bought a Gtx 770 from Amazon on 12/30 and I was wondering if you got any game codes yet (if you got an Nvidia card, anyways)? The page doesn't do a very good job of highlighting the promotion at all and I'm always paranoid that big companies will try to screw me over. Amazon has been super awesome thus far but I've heard stories from other folks who had a lot of trouble getting their codes.

Talking about the Arkham Origins, AC: Black Flag, Splinter Cell: BL codes btw.

I've had issues with products from Amazon, but it's usually the shipping company (delivering to the wrong address) or manufacturer.  I think one item from AWD was their fault since it clearly didn't work and they should have never listed for sale, but again, return/refund with no problem.

The TV was obviously left out in the rain by the shipping company.  The game, no clue, was it used?

Oh also,

Here's a couple updates from EA:

[SIZE=12pt]SIMCITY CITIES OF TOMORROW (PC/MAC) Jan 4-5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Price before coupon= $20 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]THE SIMS 3 STARTER PACK Jan 17-19[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Price before coupon = $15[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The Secret World[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Price before coupon = $12[/SIZE]

TSW anyone?

[SIZE=12pt]Cheers,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tony[/SIZE]
@TONY AmazonDVG

Do you plan to ever sell any of those TSW "Issues" content packs?

You guys do create miracles and now have BioWare Points now - so I figure this (about TSW Issues) might also be worth asking, I think. ;)

EDIT:

As if Paddington could be degraded to the level of a DLC.
@MNS

What about an expansion pack?

Or would you like Paddington to get his own game?

I got a 770 and got a Batman code almost immediately.  Didn't get the U-Play codes and I'm thinking they just ran out and their response will be 'well while Nvidia continued the promo nothing was guaranteed.'  I'll probably contact support via chat eventually but I'm not in a huge rush.  For what it's worth it said after checkout I was getting a Batman code (but not the Ubisoft games) and while I suppose that might be 'notice' of not getting the Ubisoft ones… it's sort of crap job of getting said notice AFTER you actually buy the item.

Oh, by-the-by if anyone is interested in buying the Batman Origins code for me for Amazon credit let me know.  Probably going to wait a week as I'm bringing the card with other parts to some local nerds to assemble so I want to make sure it works in case Amazon c-blocks me in a return because I already used the code or w/e.

Same here. Never made a Twitter or Facebook account and I don't plan on doing so anytime soon.
None of you have spam accounts? It's quite true that you shouldn't have to, but it really does take very little effort to set up a spam twitter and facebook account that goes to a junk hotmail for contests and such. There's little point in standing tall against those services this many years after they've successfully infiltrated the internet, they're clearly here to stay, for better or worse. No better time to jump on the fake account bandwagon than during an awesome Tony giveaway.

I placed a few orders on Amazon this holiday season and got packages throughout December. They were all in good shape when they arrived. Most of them were via free shipping, and I paid for two-day shipping (i.e. not through Prime) for one package. YMMV, I guess.

The benefit of using the in-house contest system is that it requires a CAG forum account to enter so you don't have to worry about guests taking the keys.

None of you have spam accounts? It's quite true that you shouldn't have to, but it really does take very little effort to set up a spam twitter and facebook account that goes to a junk hotmail for contests and such. There's little point in standing tall against those services this many years after they've successfully infiltrated the internet, they're clearly here to stay, for better or worse. No better time to jump on the fake account bandwagon than during an awesome Tony giveaway.
I'll never have either. NEVAH. And I see no point in requiring them for a code giveaway.

I only got two packages from Amazon this year but both arrived fine. Pink DS3 Controller and a Lumina 521.

Many of the packages I ordered from Amazon over the last month & a half arrived in wet boxes. UPS had tons of problems this holiday season.
For big stuff UPS is the worst. I haven't shipped with them in over a decade since they damaged my 21" monitor.

Can't really blame Amazon for how packages arrive to you. I highly doubt they would cut corners. Besides it takes more work to box a TV and the get it all wet before shipping then it does to just box it and ship it. :)

I'm sure the boxes where square and dry when they left them. I'd be blaming the delivery company.
I guess the shippers shouldn't subconstract to moonlighting Septic Solutions tank draining guys. >.<
Tell that to all my gamer friends. And technically the console versions of D3 are superior until the PC version gets the update that dumps the auction house and tweaks the loot drops.
Waited this long... just a little longer...

Agree .. I have a fake Facebook and Twitter account. Their tied to a yahoo email address.

Have a real Facebook but its for close friends and family only. And half the time people need to either text or call if they want an answer to a question they posted on facebook cause I'm never on it.

They are heretics who should be purged!
HeresyStamp.png

Edit: And I think it's in the spirit of the community to ensure at least some giveaway method that involved having an active account on CAG. No free meals for "guests".

What card did you get if you don't mind me asking? I just bought a Gtx 770 from Amazon on 12/30 and I was wondering if you got any game codes yet (if you got an Nvidia card, anyways)? The page doesn't do a very good job of highlighting the promotion at all and I'm always paranoid that big companies will try to screw me over. Amazon has been super awesome thus far but I've heard stories from other folks who had a lot of trouble getting their codes.

Talking about the Arkham Origins, AC: Black Flag, Splinter Cell: BL codes btw.
I got a GTX 660 and I successfully redeemed my Uplay codes (it's a bit of a convoluted method that they use though). And this is my first post, but that's because until I signed in with my fake twitter account it wouldn't let me reply to anything.

Hey guys,

I have a bunch of keys to giveaway for Metro Last Light, Dead Island Riptide, and some Double Fine games. I also have Defiance but not on Steam.

I'll be doing the giveaway this evening from home, but if you're interested in any of these I have the following quantity:

Defiance: 122

Double Fine 4 Pack (not sure on the games...SURPRISE!!!): 12

Dead Island Riptide: 15

Metro Last Light: 18

F1 2013: 9

Contrast: 3

Final Exam: 3

Grid 2: 9

I'm going to try and do this differently this time and take suggestions, because it is impossible for me to manage PMs at scale anymore for stuff like this (sorry).

Thoughts on the best way to distribute?

Edit:

Thoughts on doing the "remove a digit from the key" trick and just posting them all at once?

I can set a time so you all can be ready to snag them too if you want.

Cheers,

Tony
I've been wanting to play Contrast for a while and would've bought it on the recent -75% GMG sale if it weren't out of stock the whole time, while some of the other ones could be good I'm not gonna enter for any others apart from Defiance so that others who actually want them might get them (My backlog's big enough already). On that note, a similar Amazon deal on Contrast would be great.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but if no steam keys are obtained by the time the Sega 48-game pack sale ends, will the sale be extended?

I got a GTX 660 and I successfully redeemed my Uplay codes (it's a bit of a convoluted method that they use though). And this is my first post, but that's because until I signed in with my fake twitter account it wouldn't let me reply to anything.

I've been wanting to play Contrast for a while and would've bought it on the recent -75% GMG sale if it weren't out of stock the whole time, while some of the other ones could be good I'm not gonna enter for any others apart from Defiance so that others who actually want them might get them (My backlog's big enough already). On that note, a similar Amazon deal on Contrast would be great.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but if no steam keys are obtained by the time the Sega 48-game pack sale ends, will the sale be extended?
Same boat here. I tried to get Contrast from GMG and waited overnight for new keys to come in. This moring, boom price went back up and they never got more keys. The setting and music make me want to play it. That's all I really want, and if there is enough to go around, I'd be happy to try Defiance too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back