Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume while we got the e-mails, the credits haven't actually been added to our accounts yet, and won't be until the 4th?
Correct. Or, rather, none of the games will be activated as eligible for coupon until the 4th. The credits are on the accounts but there are no games on the EC list yet, so nothing to use the credits on

Crap, I only got 4. I was hoping the Max Payne bundle would count as individual games.

It's ok I guess since I only think I want 4 games at most anyway. 

He already said that CheapyD is going to start it during normal wake hours, and give us plenty of warning time first. :)

I'm up to 18 credits so far... this is a bit depressing to me, since it reminds me how much money I've spent on games over the course of one month.

Oh. Another one just came in, so now it's 19. o_O

Tony, I thought you said that they'd take up to 48 hours to get sent out, not 48 minutes! If it keeps up at this pace, I'll need to empty my gmail account otherwise I won't be able to receive any more email. (note: exaggerating)

Edit: And another. *sobs*

Nah, he was kinda vague. He said they'd give away Defiance during normal hours, but didn't say anything about the other keys. That's why Obsidian and I were asking. What he said could've applied to both, but it wasn't clear.
LN now has the keys for non defiance stuff, waiting on the link from cheapy on the defiance giveaway :). I'll give you a heads up on Defiance and assume LN will do the same for the non-defiance keys.

I only said probably because it's a preliminary list. Tony has been careful with only announcing made-deals though. (However nothing is certain, see Sega 48-game Gensis steam-key non-delivery.) Quite honestly I don't want to be blamed if it doesn't happen. That said, prospects look good if you have an EC coupon.
Heyo! The Bioshock deal is locked in and we have approximately 11enty billion keys.

Et tu Mooby? See my sig.
Lol, I used to use this line all the time in college.

Serious time now folks. Saints Row IV is shown as Commander In Chief Edition on the page. Does this mean it will come with the Commander in Chief stuff? Or is this one of those times where the image is taken from stock and doesn't reflect the actual item you get?
Heyo, looks like you ended up buying this and it wasn't Commander in Chief, PM me your order ID and we'll get you sorted.

It was $1 recently on Green Man Gaming too iirc, but yeah, I'm tempted by it. I mean, it does say 'Sid Meier'.
I meant to ask something yesterday and this reminded me, thanks.

I have 2 Ace Patrol posters signed by Sid, does anyone want one?

Cheers,

Tony

Tony,

As someone who is trying to talk themselves in to buying Don't Starve, I'd like to see it on the EC list please.

Whilst I'm posting and mostly lurk, I'll take this opportunity to thank you for all the hard work and updates.

There is no EC list yet, so even if the credits are aleady added, which I think they are, we can't use them yet.
Just a heads-up; if you're a console gamer, that's free on PS+ this month. For PS4, but still...best to get an early start on that new-console backlog, right?

Good to hear LN will be in charge of most of the code drops.  If anyone reminds me of the Santa Claus of this thread, it's surely the man with the companion cube.

Yeah, didn't get the memo? Free EC with every PS++ purchase.
Stupid quote nonsense...

It was in response to this, or at least it was supposed to be:

Tony,

As someone who is trying to talk themselves in to buying Don't Starve, I'd like to see it on the EC list please.

Whilst I'm posting and mostly lurk, I'll take this opportunity to thank you for all the hard work and updates.
Just to clarify: Don't Starve is free on PS+ this month for PS4. Just in case somebody does PSN and would like to avoid the double-dip.

Just woke up and have 9 credits. Now i just have to wait and see if i can win defiance or some of the other keys.

Thanks for all the responses. My concern is I received to e-mails, therefore two credits, aka $10? But I don't see that on my account anywhere. I currently have a credit for games and software of $9.01 which has been there for a few months.

Thanks for all the responses. My concern is I received to e-mails, therefore two credits, aka $10? But I don't see that on my account anywhere. I currently have a credit for games and software of $9.01 which has been there for a few months.
Protip: Ignore that G&S number for like...ever.

Is there a place to see what my current credits actually are for this particular promo? That would be extremely helpful, hence all my questions today :)
Accurately...no. The only thing people have done in the past with any success is contact CS to have them look through their account. Personally, I just track my emails like a crazy person. Shouldn't have to, but alas...

The kid gamer in me says that would be awesome to hang on my wall. Sadly the practical sided grown-up in me says I'll never hang it up :\ But awesome offer!
Agreed, that's a cool offer. Not quite my style so I wouldn't display it but great prize for anyone who does.

Doesn't matter, LN will be doing it through PMs.. I think. For defiance, you should be able to generate a key. Those won't be "dropped".
I'm still trying to get caught up with the thread. Is there something specific we have to do to be eligible? I replied to Tony's post yesterday regarding codes, not sure if anything has changed (drastically) since then.

I'm still trying to get caught up with the thread. Is there something specific we have to do to be eligible? I replied to Tony's post yesterday regarding codes, not sure if anything has changed (drastically) since then.
No. Just be in the right place at the right time. No other details have been given.

I am actually in a discussion with a CS Rep from Bethesda about their pricing. They basically think their is nothing wrong with how the DLC is priced and that the current prices do not screw those that already have the base game .. it's somewhat amusing.
I hope you are just joking... :p

I am actually in a discussion with a CS Rep from Bethesda about their pricing. They basically think their is nothing wrong with how the DLC is priced and that the current prices do not screw those that already have the base game .. it's somewhat amusing.
The weird thing about it is the standalone pricing versus the cost of Legendary. Otherwise I'd be inclined to agree with Bethesda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back