Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I portrayed, in the opinions of allot of Russians, the Red Soviet Army in a poor light... It also seems to have a bunch of DLC... but none of it, it seems, is really pay to win DLC.

Here's the review that got me to buy it...

http://steamcommunity.com//id/37453409/recommended/231430/
there, fixed. The portray of the Soviet's inhuman and brutality to its soldiers was true btw. They saw their soldiers as cannon fodder rather than a human being

The Soviets sustained huge losses in WWII... ~25 million men.  The Americans sustained the loss of ~0.4 million.  Given the treatment of the Soviets by the America and it's Western Allies during the immediate post-war period, the Russians feel justifiably slighted.

Annnnnndddd... COH 2 Deluxe is fixed :speaktothehand: .

Grabbed it late last night  :D/ .  I may not ever play it but I do like stickin' to the man :twisted: .  You know, by giving him money for games I'll never play. :whistle2:k

Hang on.  This made more sense in my head. :whistle2:|

I had a bad dream about Russian spies trying to kill me last night, please kill some for me (in the game!!)

I'm still rattled, what a bad dream. :(

The Soviets sustained huge losses in WWII... ~25 million men. The Americans sustained the loss of ~0.4 million. Given the treatment of the Soviets by the America and it's Western Allies during the immediate post-war period, the Russians feel justifiably slighted.
Not arguing their relative losses, but a whole lot of that is self-inflicted. The Soviets lost an equal number of citizens in large part to their own leader's policies, and how their army was used definitely played a big role in their army's losses. Heck, they put their faith in Hitler to hold his end of an agreement which cost them (and a whole lot of other countries) dearly. The post-war period saw the Soviets rapidly fill the power vacuum (politically and militarily) in Central and Eastern Europe and behave as aggressively as Germany pre-WWII. Hard to blame the smaller nations of Western Europe for banding together (and relying on a bully of their own) in the face of that threat.

My feeling is that like most civilizations, Russians today tend to look outwards for where to place blame. We Americans are leaders in that department, so maybe attaining a lack of personal responsibility is as attractive as blue jeans, rock music and Coke was to the Soviet people during the Cold War.

I guess the portrayal of their ancestral army in a mediocre video game mobilized them. I wonder how many of the 5000 negative reviews came from those who were playing a pirated copy?

Not arguing their relative losses, but a whole lot of that is self-inflicted. The Soviets lost an equal number of citizens in large part to their own leader's policies, and how their army was used definitely played a big role in their army's losses. Heck, they put their faith in Hitler to hold his end of an agreement which cost them (and a whole lot of other countries) dearly. The post-war period saw the Soviets rapidly fill the power vacuum (politically and militarily) in Central and Eastern Europe and behave as aggressively as Germany pre-WWII. Hard to blame the smaller nations of Western Europe for banding together (and relying on a bully of their own) in the face of that threat.
ya which side played moar video games tho?

Not arguing their relative losses, but a whole lot of that is self-inflicted.... -snip-
History isn't as simple and tidy as you present it.

My aim was to simply highlight one basic fact that most Americans don't know/realize. A fact that really shapes Russian feelings.

Yes, the Soviet Army was not as well supplied or equipped as the American army and had significant losses due to that. However Russian combat-losses to the Germans are ~10 million, 20-times higher than American losses. The Soviet Army played a decisive role in the defeat of the Germans.

My aim was to simply highlight one basic fact that most Americans don't know/realize. A fact that really shapes Russian feelings.

Yes, the Soviet Army was not as well supplied or equipped as the American army and had significant losses due to that. However Russian combat-losses to the Germans are ~10 million, 20-times higher than American losses. The Soviet Army played a decisive role in the defeat of the Germans.
YOUZ WRANG THO CUZ MURRIKA!!!

The day that modern Russians stop blaming the west, and actually accept that Stalin was the cause of the vast majority of both their wartime and peacetime losses under his leadership will be the day that they can actually move forward. Had the Americans not gotten involved, the Soviets would have lost a heck of a lot more than 25 million. Both sides played decisive roles in defeating the Axis, and at the end I think both sides recognized it. The Cold War changed those opinions on both sides.

Saying modern-day Russians are justified in blaming Americans for how/why their ancestral army suffered so many losses is what strikes me as ridiculous. Their issue with us is not based on wartime losses, it is based on the Cold War and the propaganda that they were fed. Those are two very different things.

Since this isn't remotely related to Amazon, I will leave it be.

Edited to remove snarky snark

If we're venturing into real life off-topic topics, can we at least constrain it to the lack of pecan nougat eggs on Amazon.  I mean, think of the orphans. 

Re-read what I posted...nothing in there is rampant patriotism, nor is it anymore "simple and tidy" than your stance. But I guess you and pasports can see what you want. Though at least you (asheskitty) are forming complete sentences and have your history right instead of being ironically dense to cover up a lack of anything legitimate to bring to the discussion.

The day that modern Russians stop blaming the west, and actually accept that Stalin was the cause of the vast majority of both their wartime and peacetime losses under his leadership will be the day that they can actually move forward. Had the Americans not gotten involved, the Soviets would have lost a heck of a lot more than 25 million. Both sides played decisive roles in defeating the Axis, and at the end I think both sides recognized it. The Cold War changed those opinions on both sides.

Saying modern-day Russians are justified in blaming Americans for how/why their ancestral army suffered so many losses is what strikes me as ridiculous. Their issue with us is not based on wartime losses, it is based on the Cold War and the propaganda that they were fed. Those are two very different things.

So, uh... videogames!! Speaking of which, where's Tony? How bout a post-weekend update?

Re-read what I posted...nothing in there is rampant patriotism, nor is it anymore "simple and tidy" than your stance. But I guess you and pasports can see what you want. Though at least you (asheskitty) are forming complete sentences and have your history right instead of being ironically dense to cover up a lack of anything legitimate to bring to the discussion.

i was joking, i don't disagree with what you're saying.

Full disclosure, I didn't really pay attention to anything you or ashes typed. I skimmed just enough to make my dumb jokes

So, uh... videogames!! Speaking of which, where's Tony? How bout a post-weekend update?
Tony and Richard Sherman are going around yelling at publishers sitting out of EC because according to Tony "they're just mediocre publisher's and I'm the best sales coordinator in the game"

Tony musta been on at some point to see someone blab about the Company of Heroes 2 price error since it's now fixed

Seahawks are lucky Drew Brees sucks on the road. F 'em. Broncos will crush 'dem.
i hope you're not surprised next time you try and buy something from Amazon and it's marked up by 500% and there's a note that says, "Hey Mooby, go suck an egg. Love Tony."

Hey guys,

Had to duck out during the most recent round of "Tony Sucks! No he doesn't!" thanks for those of you who don't think I'm the devil. Sorry to those of you who do.

Wanted to give you guys a minor heads up too, we're changing around the Deal of the Week cadence when it starts up again in February, we're going to run a Tuesday - Monday cadence so we can line up with the physical team (since we're carrying PSN product now and there's a lot more overlap).

I'm heads down on performance reviews the next couple of days. PM me with anything urgent :).

Cheers,

Tony

Sorry also forgot this update:

1/23-1/31:

GTA TRILOGY - $6.99

MAX PAYNE 3 COMPLETE - $7.49

GTA TRILOGY + GTA IV - $10.99

LA NOIRE/MP3 - $7.99

GTA IV/MP3 - $7.99

Prices are pre-coupon.

Cheers,

Tony

Hey guys,

Had to duck out during the most recent round of "Tony Sucks! No he doesn't!" thanks for those of you who don't think I'm the devil. Sorry to those of you who do.

Wanted to give you guys a minor heads up too, we're changing around the Deal of the Week cadence when it starts up again in February, we're going to run a Tuesday - Monday cadence so we can line up with the physical team (since we're carrying PSN product now and there's a lot more overlap).

I'm heads down on performance reviews the next couple of days. PM me with anything urgent :).

Cheers,

Tony
Thanks for all your work Tony. Congrats on the Seahawks, I'll be wishing them luck. As a Philadelphia fan I can relate to having some inept teams to root for.

Thanks for all your work Tony. Congrats on the Seahawks, I'll be wishing them luck. As a Philadelphia fan I can relate to having some inept teams to root for.
Hey thanks man, the game was fun to watch yesterday, all the way up until the end lol. Excited to see how the guys do in the Super Bowl. I'm particularly excited to see how the old school vs. new school QBs match up against each other.

Cheers,

Tony

1/23-1/31:

GTA TRILOGY - $6.99

LA NOIRE/MP3 - $7.99

GTA IV/MP3 - $7.99

Prices are pre-coupon.

Cheers,

Tony
I'll be surprised if this doesn't quiet down the haters at least for a bit. Awesome deals Tony! ion for GTA trilogy and MP3

ftfy

{wait's for the "Max Payne 3 again" comment...}

(Personally, I think those deals are great. But, I own all of them.)
Yeah these deals are really good. I already have one of the GTA trilogy games, but 1.99 is CRAZY for those. I'm probably gonna buy that for the other two.

Crap that's been on sale numerous times that no one asked for....YES!
It's good value though. And maybe this is a sign that at least some other publishers may start jumping on board.

I own Max Payne 3 but might as well get the Complete ed. for $2.50 (plus it'll be Steam instead of lame GamersGate direct download).

go go 30gb download!

Is the Max Payne in the bundles (LA Noire, GTA IV) complete or base edition?

1/23-1/31:

GTA TRILOGY - $6.99

LA NOIRE/MP3 - $7.99

GTA IV/MP3 - $7.99

Prices are pre-coupon.

Cheers,

Tony
Uhhh GTA Trilogy steam key for 2 dollars is pretty freakin amazing actually. I think that is the lowest it has ever been. Thanks T-Money (throwback lol).

Got 'em all myself, but I will be using up any remaining coupons on these for giftery.
I"m still holding out hope more is coming. If Tony can post a deals update on a national holiday after a weekend, I think he can pull a few more publishers on board for the last week. We'll see.

1/23-1/31:

GTA TRILOGY - $6.99

LA NOIRE/MP3 - $7.99

GTA IV/MP3 - $7.99

Prices are pre-coupon.

Cheers,

Tony
Good deals! I've already got MP3 and GTAIV from the Xmas bundle, so that rules out all but GTA Trilogy for me, but I'll grab it at that price.

Hey Tony..

did you notice my post suggesting a 1 day Recap of the sale, I guess the "Tony Sucks! No he doesn't!" part gobbled your attention  :p

My post was sent about noon yesterday.

If people are finally responding then hopefully tomorrow will have the update. Today's a national holiday so I didn't expect much. Granted, 2K's usual offerings aren't much either. Hoping for EW and BNW still from them.

If only Rockstar didn't insist on that crazy three-way DRM for their games, I'd buy all of them. As it is, haven't bought anything since the GTA3 series.

If anyone want to buy La Noire/MP3 but dont want the La Noire, pm me as it's the only game that i don't have. I can't buy it by my self as i don't have any more coupons.

Edit - Yes i'll pay for the La Noire part.

I will say I'd grab L.A. Noire if it were on its own. Too bad about that. Oh well. Maybe I'll get whimsical and buy LAN/MP3 even though that'll leave me with an extra copy. I'll have to look into the pricing history of LAN on its own first, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back