Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I died a lot, BTW.

I did a good deal of quests in Kingsmouth, but I didn't do/finish all of 'em.
Wow, I'm surprised you stopped there. I've cleaned out Kingsmouth and Savage Coast and am partway (half way?) into Blue Mountain.

MysterD and Idiotekque really covered everything, but I would recommended checking out a build guide, particularly if you're not already familiar with MMO's. Even if you only follow it for the first 60 AP, it can give you some good ideas. If you don't plan on joining up very often, the solo builds are good.

There are many sites with good builds, I've been using this one:

http://wordpress.tswguides.com/category/tsw-guides/builds/level/my-first-60/
The main build advise I'd give starting out is pick two weapons with synergy (see below) and just focus on those, fill out the inner ring, then contemplate the outer ring stuff.

I previously posted some more flexible resources...

Online Build Scratchpad

http://www.tsw-builder.com/

Yokai's TSW FAQ

Menu at the top also includes links to info on builds, talismans, etc

Sarcan's Weapon Synergy Guide, Crafting Guide, etc

Other build guide

http://wordpress.tsw...tsw-build-page/

so, you missed the Batman Arkham Origins glitch on Amazon? They had it for 9.99 a week and a half ago. I would've posted it but unfortunately I was doing time in Cag's version of the Asylum.
fuck

damn u cheapy

so, you missed the Batman Arkham Origins glitch on Amazon? They had it for 9.99 a week and a half ago. I would've posted it but unfortunately I was doing time in Cag's version of the Asylum.

Have you tried contacting customer service, maybe they can get you a key.
realy suna what can we have glitch sale on my wish list game plz hehe

Wow, I'm surprised you stopped there. I've cleaned out Kingsmouth and Savage Coast and am partway (half way?) into Blue Mountain.
Other PC titles got me in the way recently - namely TR 2013; MK9; COD: Black Ops 2; Bioshock Infinite; GR: Future Soldier; etc etc.

Are you guys sure Anno 1404 will? I have it on the gamestop app (uggh really wish I could move it), and i have the product code and everything but it does not activate on uplay. When I had asked ubi support they said since its an older title it will not activate on there
I don't know what the hell that guy is talking about or where he got that idea from but Anno 1404 will definitely not activate to UPlay. I tried my boxed retail key and that didn't work either. UPlay isn't Origin and old Pre-UPlay Ubisoft games will not activate there.

Maybe he was thinking of Anno 2070? That one should activate.

Have you tried contacting customer service, maybe they can get you a key.
Well considering that game doesn't exist on Steam at all even in the registry I would think they'd be hard pressed to issue a Steam key for it. :p

Is there any demo/trial of this Secret World you guys are always on about?  I'm a retired WoW addict and have tried a lot of MMO's and it seems unusual for one to not have a trial but I can't find one.

Is there any demo/trial of this Secret World you guys are always on about? I'm a retired WoW addict and have tried a lot of MMO's and it seems unusual for one to not have a trial but I can't find one.
You have to get someone who has the game to send you a trial invite. I'm not sure I have any left.

Sorry to bother you guys, but anyone here could tell where i could find the detailed game sales from amazon? I didn't found anywhere else, and Tony is waiting for CheapyD to fill the sales here. I know that i could go to amazon but it would take for a long time for looking to games only (as the filter only works for steam  drm or not putting all games and  dlc's together in one piece) :/

Sorry to bother you guys, but anyone here could tell where i could find the detailed game sales from amazon? I didn't found anywhere else, and Tony is waiting for CheapyD to fill the sales here. I know that i could go to amazon but it would take for a long time for looking to games only (as the filter only works for steam drm or not putting all games and dlc's together in one piece) :/
I'm not sure what you mean by detailed, but maybe these can help a bit?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316950-amazon-pcdd-end-of-summer-sale-details-in-op/page-76#entry11021924

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316950-amazon-pcdd-end-of-summer-sale-details-in-op/page-76#entry11021938

I don't know what the hell that guy is talking about or where he got that idea from but Anno 1404 will definitely not activate to UPlay. I tried my boxed retail key and that didn't work either. UPlay isn't Origin and old Pre-UPlay Ubisoft games will not activate there.

Maybe he was thinking of Anno 2070? That one should activate.

Well considering that game doesn't exist on Steam at all even in the registry I would think they'd be hard pressed to issue a Steam key for it. :p
oops,haven't slept much lately,

:dunce:

For all of you interested in TSW - this is probably worth noting:

My TSW game-folder takes up around 38.2 GB.

EDIT:

I forgot, I still got 1200 Bonus Points from doing a lot of quests and stuff in TSW.

So, since Issue #7 (A Dream To Kill) is out, for those who've played - which is the best of the Issues #5-7?

this is why I don't try more MMOs :shock:
For me, the standard $15 sub-fees per month are usually what makes me avoid them.

I just can't dedicate myself a whole month to a game for ridiculous amounts of hours.

I'm often eventually wanting to move onto the next game.

Many times - after 10-30 hours with a game I'm ready for the next game.

EDIT:

All of these huge games - yeah, I'm lazy; and it makes me want to buy another internal HDD.

For me, the standard $15 sub-fees per month are usually what makes me avoid them.

I just can't dedicate myself a whole month to a game for ridiculous amounts of hours.

I'm often eventually wanting to move onto the next game.

Many times - after 10-30 hours with a game I'm ready for the next game.

EDIT:

All of these huge games - yeah, I'm lazy; and it makes me want to buy another internal HDD.
I don't know, most MMOs now seem to be either free2play, or at least free2try. It's rare to see a sub based game without even a free trial, or at least I haven't come across many. I agree though, I rarely can stick with a game for even the first 10 hours, so MMOs aren't exactly the best thing for me.

Thanks for the info. CrimsonTribe PM'd me offer of an invite so big thanks to him too. :)
Glad to help. :whistle2:o

If anyone ever wants to join up, I'm always happy to. My most active toon is "Pyrmancer" (Melee DPS, can respec as tank) ; he's halfway through blue mountain, but I would be happy to drop back to Kingsmouth and do Polaris with newer players.

Also, there's a "Secret World (of CAG)" group on Steam. Idiotekque put a lot of work into it, but it's not very active. Maybe if we get some new people it would get going again.

I don't know, most MMOs now seem to be either free2play, or at least free2try. It's rare to see a sub based game without even a free trial, or at least I haven't come across many. I agree though, I rarely can stick with a game for even the first 10 hours, so MMOs aren't exactly the best thing for me.
I think it depends on the game, too.

Some games - I have this feeling of, "Is this over yet?" Or "Is this gonna get any better or what?" Certainly went through that w/ DNF, which was more on and off than a light switch.

If a game's that awesome to me - think like say DAO or ME3 - the 50-100 hours will go by w/out even thinking of jumping to something else. Bioshock: Infinite - I had no problem w/ the game's length of 20 hours or so, it took me to get through it. It was great.

Big, extensively open and time-sink heavy games like TSW + Skyrim + TDU2 + TSW - I just know they are so big & open stuffed w/ so much content, after whatever my fill is (10-30 hours w/ the same game), I can drop it and come back to it sometime later (Weeks, months, whatever) and just pick it right back up - and I'll feel right back at home. I'll feel like I've just bought an expansion or something, when in reality I certainly DID NOT!

Some other games - think like COD series or BF3 - after the 5-10 hours the SP takes, I'm glad the game ain't longer than it is! Those games often feel like they're the right length, after all the intense and non-stop action they dish out.

EDIT:

I forgot, I still got 1200 Bonus Points from doing a lot of quests and stuff in TSW.

So, since Issue #7 (A Dream To Kill) is out, for those who've played - which is the best of the Issues #5-7?
Issue 7 is good, Issue 6 is decent too....issue 5 is short and kinda meh

but honestly...what it boils down to is...what do you want....a whip or a flamethrower?

but honestly...what it boils down to is...what do you want....a whip or a flamethrower?
I want the best actual overall Issue campaign, TBH.

Since my current character's gun-focused - probably a flame-thrower.

I want the best actual overall Issue campaign, TBH.

Since my current character's gun-focused - probably a flame-thrower.
well you're in luck...the newest issue is in my opinion the best. Good story and even a snowmobile mission...and at the end you get a flamethrower.

Posted Today, 09:39 AM

MysterD, on 01 Sept 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

this is why I don't try more MMOs :shock:

This is why I have 6 terabytes of storage on my gaming rig! 450+ steam games fill up about 2 terabytes.

I actually really liked issue #5. Cool story, interesting missions, and a pretty fun boss battle at the end. It is pretty short though, yeah. Worthwhile for the green and blue signet bags every so often, I suppose.

I keep forgetting the flamethrower is avalable now... I really need to start playing again.

Apologies, because I'm sure this has been discussed already, but--

I click the link to the Amazon sale page.  That works.  I then click on "Steam games" (the only ones I'm interested in), and nothing happens.  It's been like this for days.  Is this going to work before the end of the sale?

Apologies, because I'm sure this has been discussed already, but--

I click the link to the Amazon sale page. That works. I then click on "Steam games" (the only ones I'm interested in), and nothing happens. It's been like this for days. Is this going to work before the end of the sale?
Chrome does the same thing for me - blank page - but IE 10 seems to work so that's what I'm using to browser through the games.

when using chrome i had the blank page problem too, clicking the address bar and hitting enter fixed it for me, maybe that will help?
Nope, no dice. I can't even get it to work with IE! Once I click to the second page, the second page loads partially, then gives me a bad request 4000 or something error. It might be my IE, though. It seems like it's been compromised (which is scary, but I never use it, so that explains why I never noticed).

6 and 7 are a lot longer than 5. If you do every mission in 7, I think it took me between 6 and 8 hours....and you get a fuckin flame thrower
but 6 is afraid of 7, because 7 8 9........

good price on Civ V: BNW but think I'll wait till it goes under $10 tired of buying what I think is all of Civ V only to have more "complete editions" come out.

but 6 is afraid of 7, because 7 8 9........

good price on Civ V: BNW but think I'll wait till it goes under $10 tired of buying what I think is all of Civ V only to have more "complete editions" come out.
agree complete ediiton has to be after this or it will civ 5 sunasun complete ediiton

Is $15 good for the Mass Effect Trilogy?  I haven't played any of them yet, but I have a huge backlog so won't get to them anytime soon.  Was just wondering if it's a good sale to bite on or should I hold out for a better deal, possibly over the Winter sale?

Is $15 good for the Mass Effect Trilogy? I haven't played any of them yet, but I have a huge backlog so won't get to them anytime soon. Was just wondering if it's a good sale to bite on or should I hold out for a better deal, possibly over the Winter sale?
I think you should buy it so I can buy it for $1 in a future humble bundle.

Burgula commands you. ;)

Where is the spreadsheet????????? I want to know when the deals are going to end, i wanted to buy ME3 deluxe but the deal was already over, and it is still in the front page at discount price!! come on!

Where is the spreadsheet????????? I want to know when the deals are going to end, i wanted to buy ME3 deluxe but the deal was already over, and it is still in the front page at discount price!! come on!
Try Reddit. They are more on top of this sort of thing. Tony is off drinking a Mai Tai or something.

*Edit: I don't think there is anything major ending today. Reddit usually lists that in their daily recap if there is. There was some stuff ending yesterday, including ME3 as you now know.

Now I know Steam isn't an issue when it comes to mac games, but if I buy the Dragon Age Origin bundle, will that unlock the mac and pc versions together, or just pc?

Now I know Steam isn't an issue when it comes to mac games, but if I buy the Dragon Age Origin bundle, will that unlock the mac and pc versions together, or just pc?

anything Steamplay enabled (check the store page on steam) will unlock either version.
I believe taylort3 is meaning the Dragon Age bundle that activates on Origin. I'm not an expert, but I believe the Amazon product is PC only. I'm not sure if Origin has an equivalent to "Steamplay" (which Dragon Age is not).

Edit: OK, so according to this article, anything that is available on both platforms via Origin needs only be purchased once via either platform and it will be available to both. However, given the topic at hand, that only applies to Dragon Age 2.

FIFA 13 has surpassed NBA 2K11 as my favorite current-gen sports title.  Worth the $10, especially if you like single-player career modes where you only control your character (although it does give you the option to control your entire team).

In EA's neverending wisdom, they aren't porting the next-gen version of FIFA 14 to PC, so there is zero reason to hold out for the new one.

FIFA 13 has surpassed NBA 2K11 as my favorite current-gen sports title. Worth the $10, especially if you like single-player career modes where you only control your character (although it does give you the option to control your entire team).

In EA's neverending wisdom, they aren't porting the next-gen version of FIFA 14 to PC, so there is zero reason to hold out for the new one.

Except a price drop ;)

I'll be getting it when it hits $5. Have you tried NBA 2k13? It has a single player career mode that is really cool and I assume FIFA 13 probably mirrors in many ways.

Except a price drop ;)

I'll be getting it when it hits $5. Have you tried NBA 2k13? It has a single player career mode that is really cool and I assume FIFA 13 probably mirrors in many ways.
I don't think FIFA 12 has hit $5 yet because EA.

As for NBA 2K13, here is my stupidly long rant about it. And I agree, the single player career IS really cool in concept. Dumped over a thousand hours between 2K11 & 12 exclusively in MyPlayer mode.

I don't think FIFA 12 has hit $5 yet because EA.

As for NBA 2K13, here is my stupidly long rant about it. And I agree, the single player career IS really cool in concept. Dumped over a thousand hours between 2K11 & 12 exclusively in MyPlayer mode.
Hmmm, I thought FIFA 12 had hit $5?

So would you recommend NBA2k11 or 12 over 13 for the career mode? I love the career mode, but I suck at it, but maybe it's the AI issue?

Hmmm, I thought FIFA 12 had hit $5?

So would you recommend NBA2k11 or 12 over 13 for the career mode? I love the career mode, but I suck at it, but maybe it's the AI issue?

I bought fifa 12 about a couple weeks ago, from the EA sale. It was around $5

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back