Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a nice bundle! But yeah, would be better if it was all Steam.
Actually all the titles are on Steam. so I have no idea why the keys are not available for the 2 games. very strange. Not sure if Tony can comment on it. Or do we have approach him on Reddit?

edit: and the strange thing is Amazon actually has the 2 same games with the Steam code version. Very odd. Why give us the download copy when the Steam code version is available?

That's ok, only fake CAGs use kickstarter! I don't think I had an account there.
Kickstarter = just another way to say "pre-ordering games."

I like my games to be released + done, first.

I understand Indie's need funding and other means to skip publishers (especially if pub's would never Greenlight the kind of game they wanna make) - but yeah, I still like my games done + out in the Wild first, normally.

Yeah - CAG's don't normally pre-order games, unless the discount's incredible. ;)

I don't have a Kickstarter account, either.

EDIT:

It's getting to the point where I don't want to sign up for anything anymore. Effin' hackers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JNGI1dI-e8

Yeah - CAG's don't normally pre-order games, unless the discount's incredible. ;)
I buy the games I want at the price I'm willing to pay for them. Whether that's on sale, in a bundle, or straight off the shelf at MSRP doesn't really weigh into the equation.

And before anyone says it, #I'mAFakeCAG

I buy the games I want at the price I'm willing to pay for them. Whether that's on sale, in a bundle, or straight off the shelf at MSRP doesn't really weigh into the equation.

I think many of us CAG's do have at least those few games that we have to have ASAP no matter what + just flat-out ignore the price.

I try to keep those to a minimum.

I know I do try.

But, that doesn't always work - RPG's usually do this to me (and make me budge)...especially Bethesda RPG's, BioWare RPG's, and CD Projekt RPG's.

The only thing I'm currently tempted to pre-order/pay-full-price-on is that BL2 Vita. And I feel dirty just thinking about it. The purchase that is, the bundle makes me all kinds of giddy. Squee...

Imagine if the ME Trilogy was on the PS Vita... ;)
ill-be-in-my-bunk.jpg

Do it, and come join me as one of the seven people that own a Vita :D/
I'm definitely going to get it. I'm really just weighing if I should pre-order now or wait and see if there's going to be any incentives added.

^Tony, talk to your physical games guy and get them to throw on a #CAGROCKS or sumthin. Pretty much anything added to the bundle would get me to pre-order. Percent off, 2K/PSN credit, discount on 32GB memory card...

I'm definitely going to get it. I'm really just weighing if I should pre-order now or wait and see if there's going to be any incentives added.
Probably unlikely, since the bundle is already a pretty good deal relatively speaking, and the Vita hasn't seen a ton of sales or promotions. If they did add pre-order bonuses (I'm assuming that's what you mean), then Amazon has always been good about extending those to people who pre-ordered prior to them being added.

If they did add pre-order bonuses (I'm assuming that's what you mean), then Amazon has always been good about extending those to people who pre-ordered prior to them being added.
That's what I meant and it's good to know they do that. It's been a while since I pre-ordered something.

Edit: ...and done. I need to play some games now to distract that part of my brain that is wondering wtf I'm doing pre-ordering something.

Just a PSA for those who have a Kickstarter account; it was hacked Wednesday, so change your passwords:

Important Kickstarter Security Notice
I've only done Kickstarter for one thing... Jeremy Soule's Northerner album. It was supposed to be released last September. Once they got the money they needed, they've been just about entirely silent on how the album is progressing. I will never do Kickstarter again.

Kickstarter getting hacked is icing on this terrible cake.

Anybody have recommendations for a headset? I've got the Turtle Beach P11s right now to use both for PC and PS3. I'd like to switch to something with better sound and more comfort, wireless if possible. I'm considering the Pulse Elites, but those only do 7.1 for PS3/PS4, not for PC. Other sets I've seen do do 7.1 for PC, but then not for consoles. 

Anybody have recommendations for a headset? I've got the Turtle Beach P11s right now to use both for PC and PS3. I'd like to switch to something with better sound and more comfort, wireless if possible. I'm considering the Pulse Elites, but those only do 7.1 for PS3/PS4, not for PC. Other sets I've seen do do 7.1 for PC, but then not for consoles.
Good headphones and a cheap Zalman mic. I've had headsets with mics attached before and the mics were always the first part to break.

My headset is http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRV6-Monitor-Series-Headphones/dp/B00001WRSJ but I got it for about $50.

I thought that the launch Vita with OLED screen is the one to have.  Since launch, I thought Sony went to a lower quality display.  Is this not the case?

I thought that the launch Vita with OLED screen is the one to have. Since launch, I thought Sony went to a lower quality display. Is this not the case?
The newer Vita that launched already in Japan and Europe is slimmer, has better battery life and yes an LCD vs OLED screen among other things.

^Tony, talk to your physical games guy and get them to throw on a #CAGROCKS or sumthin. Pretty much anything added to the bundle would get me to pre-order. Percent off, 2K/PSN credit, discount on 32GB memory card...
I'm perplexed by the DLC included. It's not vanilla, not GOTY, just...somewhere in between.

•Six (6) Borderlands 2 DLC packs including, Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty, Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage, the Psycho Character Class, Mechromancer Character Class, Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1, and Collector's Edition Pack

I'm perplexed by the DLC included. It's not vanilla, not GOTY, just...somewhere in between.
It's missing the Big Game Hunt, Tiny Tina's and Creature Slaughter Dome DLC. I guess they've got to make you buy something. (...and I likely will. :wall: )

It's missing the Big Game Hunt, Tiny Tina's and Creature Slaughter Dome DLC. I guess they've got to make you buy something. (...and I likely will. :wall: )
The included most of the dlc worth having though...big game hunt reportedly sucks, creature slaughter dome is nothing special. Only Tiny Tina's is something really worth spending money on.

As will I, most likely. It just makes me wonder if they'll split those curiously missing packs between various retailers (Pre-order from Gamestop to get the EXCLUSIVE Slaughter Dome and Tiny Tina, Pre-order from Amazon to get Big Game Hunt, etc.)

The included most of the dlc worth having though...big game hunt reportedly sucks, creature slaughter dome is nothing special. Only Tiny Tina's is something really worth spending money on.
I disagree, to a certain extent. I enjoyed the enemies, the new boat, and the wacky storyline of Big Game Hunt. I liked CSD, as much as I did all the other arenas in BL2, because I thought the progression through each one was handled better than BL1. You could tell they learned a lot from doing Moxxi's Arena DLC for BL1. Also, CSD has a guarded spot to protect a newbie, so it's great for powerleveling. Tiny Tina is my favorite of all the BL2 DLC for sure, but I think that's more because it stands out as something unique and exceptional, not necessarily because any of the others are bad.

Besides you owning one and Neuro - who are the other Vita owners? ;)
I have one also. I almost use entirely for ps1 games and regret having traded my psp in now, since it also plays ps1 and memory is way cheaper. Plus there are all those psp games that have never made it to psn (I'm looking at you crisis core).

Some great deals ... bit on Crysis 3 for $4.99.

Should be a nice change up from Bravely Default. Plus, you know, I want to run on Ultra and all that jazz hehe

I have one also. I almost use entirely for ps1 games and regret having traded my psp in now, since it also plays ps1 and memory is way cheaper. Plus there are all those psp games that have never made it to psn (I'm looking at you crisis core).
I just started collecting PSP games recently. I'm fully aware of .ISO files, but the games are really cheap now, and I think some may be worth decent coin in the future - nothing crazy but more that what they're going for -

Valkyrie Chronicle II - $11.99 at GS

Ogre Tactic: Let us Cling Together (great game) $7.99 + tax from GS

Final Fantasy Tactics - GS, about $8

Jean D'Arc - $6.72, included shipping, from eBay.

All games complete and look great. I want to get a PSP GO as they're really cheap now and I love the design (reminds me of the Gameboy SP), but does anyone know if you can transfer your UMDs to the GO? I searched the web and got mixed results. Not looking to hack it.

Thanks.

The only thing I'm currently tempted to pre-order/pay-full-price-on is that BL2 Vita. And I feel dirty just thinking about it. The purchase that is, the bundle makes me all kinds of giddy. Squee...
Such a good temptation to have. Plus, one can never have enough BL2 at their disposal (at home or on the go). I think that's a great purchase personally.

Do it, and come join me as one of the seven people that own a Vita :D/
I anonymously joined at the end of December. I guess it's time I came clean. :whistle2:

#SupportsAllGamingPlatforms #FirstChoicePC #FakeCAG #IDontReallyCare

I've got one. Been playing OlliOlli constantly lately. It's pretty awesome. System in general is great, though, and I look forward to using Remote Play when I eventually get a PS4.
I have to admit the Remote Play feature is quiet good thus far. No lag, second screen capabilities, discretionary play, etc... It's unfortunate the PS4 library is at a C- at best right now, but the upcoming PlayStation Now feature will be a huge nice boost for both devices.

Edit: I changed my mind. I think PlayStation Now might be a nice boost for both devices, but ultimately it might really be awful. Especially if it's limited to only Sony 1st party games and not very many 3rd party games as rumored.

I disagree, to a certain extent. I enjoyed the enemies, the new boat, and the wacky storyline of Big Game Hunt. I liked CSD, as much as I did all the other arenas in BL2, because I thought the progression through each one was handled better than BL1. You could tell they learned a lot from doing Moxxi's Arena DLC for BL1. Also, CSD has a guarded spot to protect a newbie, so it's great for powerleveling. Tiny Tina is my favorite of all the BL2 DLC for sure, but I think that's more because it stands out as something unique and exceptional, not necessarily because any of the others are bad.
Yeah, I'd have to agree with Sifu. I've played through all the major DLC (except the HH packs) and like all of them for one reason or another. (Tina's is my favorite.) And CSD has been great to me as I speed my way through PT1/PT2 to level in.

As will I, most likely. It just makes me wonder if they'll split those curiously missing packs between various retailers (Pre-order from Gamestop to get the EXCLUSIVE Slaughter Dome and Tiny Tina, Pre-order from Amazon to get Big Game Hunt, etc.)
That'd be welcome and not unprecedented.

Such a good temptation to have. Plus, one can never have enough BL2 at their disposal (at home or on the go). I think that's a great purchase personally.

I anonymously joined at the end of December. I guess it's time I came clean. :whistle2:

#SupportsAllGamingPlatforms #FirstChoicePC #FakeCAG #IDontReallyCare

I have to admit the Remote Play feature is quiet good thus far. No lag, second screen capabilities, discretionary play, etc... It's unfortunate the PS4 library is at a C- at best right now, but the upcoming PlayStation Now feature will be a huge boost for both devices.
Yeah, Borderlands for me is right there with Skyrim (but not quite Mass Effect) as far as just fun to play. I'd been eyeing a Vita for some time and there just wasn't that one title to push me over the edge. Now there is. Fake CAG? Probably. Real gamer? Also probably.

I have vita since they start adding free games to ps+, but the only game I have finished is uncharted. Just don't have enough time split between pc, multiple consoles, and handhelds.

I just cannot imagine playing borderlands 2 on anything other than pc.

All games complete and look great. I want to get a PSP GO as they're really cheap now and I love the design (reminds me of the Gameboy SP), but does anyone know if you can transfer your UMDs to the GO? I searched the web and got mixed results. Not looking to hack it.

Thanks.
Without modding the PSP and using ISOs, you cannot transfer UMDs to the Go.

Hammerlock gets a bad rap, but I think it's definitely worth playing. The story is pretty funny (great ending), there's a lot of unique enemies, and there's some exclusive loot that's worth having.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back