Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't the GOG version better for modding on that one?
Unfortunately, it's NOT on GOG. :'(

DotEmu doesn't carry DRM-FREE version anymore. :'(

Steam-version has Steam-specific issues, yes.

You'd have to do all kinds of things, to even get it going w/in Steam.

Disable for that game Steam updates, Steam overlay - for starters.

And you're gonna have to use either Tessera's unofficial patch or Wesp's - take your pick.

And Lord know if you'll have more problems or what.

For more details of issues and what to do - check Steam Power-User Forums for Bloodlines.

As for unofficial patches...

Tessera's patch - should be easy for Steam-version to work, if you don't care about it working w/in Steam - just copy Steam game folder elsewhere and install his patch. His patch has removed DRM in its EXE long ago.

Wesp's patch - no clue on how you'd force Steam-version to work, if you moved it outside Steam-folder.

I already have my retail 3-disc copy w/ Wesp's Basic Patch installed.

I certainly wouldn't mind having a Steam-copy of V:TM-B - and equipping that version w/ Tessera's patch.

And you're gonna have to use either Tessera's unofficial patch or Wesp's - take your pick.

For more details of issues and what to do - check Steam Power-User Forums for Bloodlines.

Tessera's patch - should be easy for Steam-version to work, if you don't care about it working w/in Steam - just copy Steam game folder elsewhere and install his patch. His patch has removed DRM in its EXE long ago.

Wesp's patch - no clue on how you'd force Steam-version to work, if you moved it outside Steam-folder.

I certainly wouldn't mind having a Steam-copy of V:TM-B - and equipping that version w/ Tessera's patch.
Wesp's doesn't work on Steam? Well either way, They're more or less the same. Wesp just tries to restore game content, while taking silly liberties like adding snarky lines in NPCs' dialogue about how Troika didn't finish the game. Tessera's is more of just a pure experience, but then you have all that drama about that mod stealing work from the other mod and blah blah... Either is fine.

I can't imagine why you'd have to turn Steam updates off on it though... What's the last time that happened?

I really wish Humble would start giving away individual keys. I only want Typing of the dead and hate wasting so many games because of the grouped together games ...

Ahh well .. I'll get Typing someday when it goes on sale :)

I really wish Humble would start giving away individual keys. I only want Typing of the dead and hate wasting so many games because of the grouped together games ...

Ahh well .. I'll get Typing someday when it goes on sale :)
They usually do offer separate "key". It's usually just the AAA publisher bundles that are combined keys now.

Wesp's doesn't work on Steam? Well either way, They're more or less the same. Wesp just tries to restore game content, while taking silly liberties like adding snarky lines in NPCs' dialogue about how Troika didn't finish the game. Tessera's is more of just a pure experience, but then you have all that drama about that mod stealing work from the other mod and blah blah... Either is fine.

I can't imagine why you'd have to turn Steam updates off on it though... What's the last time that happened?
@Idio

I don't have Steam-version of VTMB. I can't answer that.

I certainly do know, it's possible + a pain in the neck, if you check Steam User Forums.

About Steam Updates turned off for just specifically VTMB Steam-version - that's b/c it's well-known that this game will patch you backwards to Official Patch 1.2, if Steam spots your files are not those that the game actually supplied to you.

@Idio

I don't have Steam-version of VTMB. I can't answer that.

I certainly do know, it's possible + a pain in the neck, if you check Steam User Forums.

About Steam Updates turned off for just specifically VTMB Steam-version - that's b/c it's well-known that this game will patch you backwards to Official Patch 1.2, if Steam spots your files are not those the game supplied to you.
Ah... I have it from Gamefly, so I've never had to deal with any of this.

It's like buying a pack of baseball cards and being forced to toss all the duplicate cards you get :)
It's worse than that. At least you could find infinite creative uses for your "commons".

Although I suppose there might be some creative Let's Play or MP hijinx you could have with the right group with some throwaway games.

I want to but the $1 tier and then trade someone that already has Rome: Total War for all of the other Tier 1 games. Does that sound stupid? Yes. But I'll burn two anyway, and Hell Yeah! is just taking up pixels for me (plus is annoyingly marketed, IMO).

It's worse than that. At least you could find infinite creative uses for your "commons".

Although I suppose there might be some creative Let's Play or MP hijinx you could have with the right group with some throwaway games.

I want to but the $1 tier and then trade someone that already has Rome: Total War for all of the other Tier 1 games. Does that sound stupid? Yes. But I'll burn two anyway, and Hell Yeah! is just taking up pixels for me (plus is annoyingly marketed, IMO).
I think you missed his analogy. All the games in the Sega weekly are on 1 key per tier (ie. Hell Yeah, Company of Heroes, Alpha Protocol, and Total War all redeem at once and can't be split), so it's akin to getting a pack of baseball cards and having any cards you already have vanish into thin air.

Unless I misread your post, in which case I really don't know what you're saying.

wut if u have it from retail?

wut if u have it from retail?
DRM from Retail = simple disc-check when booting game up.

For retail:

Install the game;

pick either Tessera's patch or Wesp's patch (so game will work on modern OS's);

decide if there's any other mods you want to use;

play game.

DRM from Retail = simple disc-check when booting game up.

For retail:

Install the game;

pick either Tessera's patch or Wesp's patch (so game will work on modern OS's);

decide if there's any other mods you want to use;

play game.
Since when doesn't the base game not work on modern OS's? I played through most of it without mods.

Since when doesn't the base game not work on modern OS's? I played through most of it without mods.
Wait - you played it w/ ONLY Official Patch 1.2?

You didn't install either Wesp's or Tess's patch?

What kind of other sorcery you do to get it to work w/out either the Tess or Wesp patch on x64 systems? ;)

Wesp's and Tessera's patchs both include fixes for the limited RAM issues and have x64 support to make the game run.

Otherwise, it's not very friendly w/ 64-bit OS's - namely Win Vista and newer.

See this thread for more info.

Wait - you played it w/ ONLY Official Patch 1.2?

You didn't install either Wesp's or Tess's patch?

What kind of other sorcery you do to get it to work w/out either the Tess or Wesp patch on x64 systems? ;)

Wesp's and Tessera's patchs both include fixes for the limited RAM issues and have x64 support to make the game run.

Otherwise, it's not very friendly w/ 64-bit OS's - namely Win Vista and newer.

See this thread for more info.
Actually, I forgot. I played it on my old piece of crap Dell. That was XP.

Looks like Amazon is having a sale on a few Focus Home Interactive games/bundles.

Focus RPG Bundle - $12.49 (75% off)

Includes:

• Divinity II: Directors Cut (Not steam)
  • Game of Thrones (Steam)
  • Mars: War Logs (Steam)
Focus Adventure Bundle - $9.99 (75% off)

Includes:

• Runaway A Road Adventure (Steam)
  • Runaway A Twist Of Fate (Steam)
  • Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle (Steam)
  • The Next BIG Thing (Not Steam)
  • Yesterday (Not Steam)
Wargame Bundle - $13.74 (75% off)

Includes:

• Wargame Airland Battle (Steam)
  • Wargame: European Escalation (Steam)

Contrast - $7.49 (50% off) (Steam)

Cities XL Platinum -  $7.49 (75% off) (Steam)

Most games activate on Steam, unless otherwise noted.

Looks like Amazon is having a sale on a few Focus Home Interactive games/bundles.

Includes:

Includes:

• Yesterday (Not Steam)

Includes:

Cities XL Platinum - $7.49 (75% off) (Steam)

You-tried.gif

Sure would be nice to see Mars: War Logs at the ~$2 price point again...or at least bundled with games that didn't suck/already belong on my steam list.

Includes:

Includes:

• Yesterday (Not Steam)

Includes:

Where the fuck is Final Exam.

EDIT: Apparently it's on sale for $4.99.. but that's not good enough.

Includes:

Includes:

• Yesterday (Not Steam)

Includes:

jMpb170.jpg

I'd really like to see a badass sale on the old Assassin's Creed games. Namely 1, 2 Deluxe Edition, and Revelations Gold. Hell, a bundle of ALL of them (excluding the pie-rat one cuz it's too new) would be amazing.

Make it so, Number 2 (Josh).

Sure would be nice to see Mars: War Logs at the ~$2 price point again...or at least bundled with games that didn't suck/already belong on my steam list.
No kidding. Always bummed I missed that. I don't know why I want Mars: War Logs. It doesn't look super like my kind of game (my games need glitter, pretty colors, and pet pandas), but I think it's one of those things where because I missed a deal...

I CAN'T STAND IT.

No kidding. Always bummed I missed that. I don't know why I want Mars: War Logs. It doesn't look super like my kind of game (my games need glitter, pretty colors, and pet pandas), but I think it's one of those things where because I missed a deal...

I CAN'T STAND IT.
It represents every choice you made in life that you've regretted, every friend you've lost, why your parents got a divorce, that promotion you could have had, and why your grandma died.

Until you backlog own Mars: War Logs, you will never be able to live your life in peace. The red planet will hang over you like a curse, all because you didn't buy CAG Bundle 2 soon enough.

I'd really like to see a badass sale on the old Assassin's Creed games. Namely 1, 2 Deluxe Edition, and Revelations Gold. Hell, a bundle of ALL of them (excluding the pie-rat one cuz it's too new) would be amazing.

During the Xmas sale the Russian traders were selling them at a great price. I think $17 for 1, 2, B, R, IIRC. Don't remember for sure if that was the Deluxe and Gold editions, though.

I think you missed his analogy. All the games in the Sega weekly are on 1 key per tier (ie. Hell Yeah, Company of Heroes, Alpha Protocol, and Total War all redeem at once and can't be split), so it's akin to getting a pack of baseball cards and having any cards you already have vanish into thin air.

Unless I misread your post, in which case I really don't know what you're saying.
Nah. I got it. What I was saying was that at least with your extra "common" baseball cards, they don't *actually* vanish into thin air. Thus my (poorly attempted) reply.

My post was saying that I already own most of Tier 1, but have no interest in "clogging" my library with something like Hell Yeah!, so I'm tempted to trade a 4-1 for someone that already has Rome, since I don't.

There. I feel better. I'm sure that's clear as vodka.

Welcome Mr. Josh (Mr. NotTony? Mr. AmazonJosh? Bleh, I don't know how you want to be addressed), I want to ask something of you but first I will preface this by saying I normally don't post this kind of stuff because lack of relevancy, lack of (other's) care, or simply lack of want to create *sympathy mongering, but I need a cheer up in a bad way (*so I guess it kinda is).

You're likely able to see behind closed doors that read "No Entry; Top Secret", right? Well it's pretty obvious that Amazon sells ~almost~ everything, extending outwards into drone delivery and inevitably time travel with yesterday delivery, but I've come to a market they still haven't checked off for their agenda for global supremacy: the sale of animals such as cats, the sale of services not to explicitly do with physical delivery such as cloning cats, selling a cure for cancer, selling a version of pet cemetery that isn't in the form of paperback or plastic...

I need to buy something, Josh. You understand? Sell me an amazing bundle full of games that I don't have at an incredible price; help me fill a sizable void in my heart Steam count, or, barring that, tell me about that secret Amazon door; I won't tell anyone, I swear.

/Sigh.

My random post of the year is checked off. Onto other random stuff I guess.

I second that emotion. Tony NEVER did a good Assassin's Creed sale.

Plus, isn't National Assassin's Day coming up soon? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back