Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
i realize that it is just a launcher since i have other other uplay games (a. creed & splinter cell series). i know any game can be added as a non steam game. it is just my preference to have it in steam. maybe that would been a better repsonse but even that would rehash the whole drm debate again. maybe its just me but it gets old talking about this over and over again. i'd rather talk about whats in store for the next sale from amazon. i haven't bought much the second half of this year from amazon so hopefully better sales will be here soon. thanks for your input though. i didnt see a need to reply to voken because i was done discussing it personally.

And just to connect the dots for you, even if you buy Far Cry 3 on Steam, you will be REQUIRED to download and install UPlay in order to play it. Steam basically just serves as a launcher for UPlay where you will play the game. Consider it permanently adding a non-steam game to your Steam library, that's essentially all you get from the Steam version, but I know some people need that.

i realize that it is just a launcher since i have other other uplay games (a. creed & splinter cell series). i know any game can be added as a non steam game. it is just my preference to have it in steam. maybe that would been a better repsonse but even that would rehash the whole drm debate again. maybe its just me but it gets old talking about this over and over again. i'd rather talk about whats in store for the next sale from amazon. i haven't bought much the second half of this year from amazon so hopefully better sales will be here soon. thanks for your input though. i didnt see a need to reply to voken because i was done discussing it personally.

Yeah, no problem. We're not quite as bad as some would make it seem. I completely understand that some people prefer to keep everything on one client. It's way more convenient. Was just making sure because you stated you didn't have Uplay installed, but I assume you do what most do in uninstalling it once you are done playing certain games. And yes, we can all agree that we'd all be much more entertained by the next great Amazon deal so Tony needs to wow us with something crazy soon like Rogue Legacy at 75% off.

Yeah, no problem. We're not quite as bad as some would make it seem. I completely understand that some people prefer to keep everything on one client. It's way more convenient. Was just making sure because you stated you didn't have Uplay installed, but I assume you do what most do in uninstalling it once you are done playing certain games. And yes, we can all agree that we'd all be much more entertained by the next great Amazon deal so Tony needs to wow us with something crazy soon like Rogue Legacy at 75% off.
75% off Bioshock Infinite would definitely be an insta-buy for me.

Alright guys, health check.

What do you think about this bundle at $14.99? All are steam keys:

1. Bad Rats
  2. Razor 2 Hidden Skies
  3. 9th company
  4. Ironclads America Civil War
  5. Ironclads Schleswig War
  6. Ironclads High Seas
  7. Ironclads Chincha Islands War
  8. Ironclads Anglo Russia War 1866
  9. BC Kings
  10. Hazen
  11. Dimensity
  12. Perimeter 2
  13. Puzzle Kingdoms
  14. FlatOut
  15. Vegas Make It Big
  16. World Basketball Manager
  17. Zombie Pirates
  18. Fireburst
  19. Exodus from the Earth
  20. Disciples II Rise of the Elves
This isn't confirmed but I'm kicking it around with Strat First. Also, we have the opportunity to add non-steam Strat first titles we carry, I just know those aren't as compelling. Suggestions welcome!

Cheers,

Tony
I don't see any of those games warranting enough oomph to entice many people to drop money to the $15 price point. The thing with bundles is there has to be at least a few games that really make someone go 'yeah, I want that!' and 'I get all of these too!?' This doesn't seem to have those must have games.

As others said, maybe at a lower price point it'd attract some of those, 'wow, all of these games for how cheap!?' buyers who don't know about other indie bundles, but for $15, I think you'd probably hit only a small segment of potential customers.

75% off Bioshock Infinite would definitely be an insta-buy for me.
73% off + Mafia II was close enough for me, even though I already owned Mafia II. I want to play it, though, I'm tempted to shelve it for just a wee bit to get some other stuff out of the backlog.

Er, a physics puzzler with awful physics is the very definition of something being really that bad.
Eh, not any more than the 100s of platformers with awful physics, loose controls, etc. And many of those get praised. Like I said, it's not good, but to say it's any worse than most bad games would be an exaggeration.

Are you guys seriously arguing about Bad Rats.. of all games?
Why, yes. Yes we are.

Eh, not any more than the 100s of platformers with awful physics, loose controls, etc. And many of those get praised. Like I said, it's not good, but to say it's any worse than most bad games would be an exaggeration.
I'd argue that a physics puzzler's physics need to be held to a higher standard than a platformer's. I'd also argue that the physics in Bad Rats did stand out in how bad they were. Now, true, there may be games that are as bad, but for the most part I haven't played them. I installed and played Bat Rats with the assumption, going in, that everyone was exaggerating and that it couldn't actually be that bad. I was forced to admit, after playing, that it actually could. (I followed that up by installing and playing Just Cause and came to the same realization.)

Amazon's Gold Box Deal of the Day: Saints Row IV - $29.99 [PCDD]

One month later and 40% cheaper (one day only though). Competition vs GTA V is always a tough battle.

Hmmmmm. I'm debating whether to get it or wait for the Gold Edition or whatever it's called to be on sale in Steam.
I would. I haven't fired up TW2 yet but Pirates of the Flying Fortress got excellent word-of-mouth.

Er, a physics puzzler with awful physics is the very definition of something being really that bad.

Is it wrong that I agree with both of you? :hot:

Why, yes. Yes we are.

I'd argue that a physics puzzler's physics need to be held to a higher standard than a platformer's. I'd also argue that the physics in Bad Rats did stand out in how bad they were. Now, true, there may be games that are as bad, but for the most part I haven't played them. I installed and played Bat Rats with the assumption, going in, that everyone was exaggerating and that it couldn't actually be that bad. I was forced to admit, after playing, that it actually could. (I followed that up by installing and playing Just Cause and came to the same realization.)
This, on the other hand, I'll have to take exception to. Just Cause 1 was actually quite a fun open-world game until I got bogged down in some of the final missions. The only issue about JC I found was the weirdly colonial nature of its politics (but the game is almost Saints Row-like in its absurdity so it's hard to take the idea that it's making a genuine political statement too seriously).

I don't see any of those games warranting enough oomph to entice many people to drop money to the $15 price point. The thing with bundles is there has to be at least a few games that really make someone go 'yeah, I want that!' and 'I get all of these too!?' This doesn't seem to have those must have games.

As others said, maybe at a lower price point it'd attract some of those, 'wow, all of these games for how cheap!?' buyers who don't know about other indie bundles, but for $15, I think you'd probably hit only a small segment of potential customers.
Okay, I'd buy it at that price if you tossed in Coconut Queen!

Seriously, though, I'll just add a +1 to the other comments on this proposed bundle.

I would. I haven't fired up TW2 yet but Pirates of the Flying Fortress got excellent word-of-mouth.
TW2 is still on my wishlist. But the title alone of that expansion is enough to tell me it should be awesome. Pirates? In a flying fortress? Sold.

Edit: No this was not sarcasm.

Hey guys,

I don't do this a whole lot of this here but I'm really passionate about this one. My friend Megan Fox (game developer not actress) has an indie studio and is coming into the home stretch for her Kickstarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/meganfox/hot-tin-roof-the-cat-that-wore-a-fedora#!

If any of you participate in Kickstarters and find this interesting you should totally tell your friends. Megan is just a phenomenal human being, and has been making games FOREVER.

Let me know what you guys think.
Cheers,
Tony
That'd look pretty sweet in 3D ... here's hoping it plays well with 3D Vision. :D

So how about that Mass Effect 3 ending?
Wasn't a fan of the ME3 Ending (before Extended Cut).

Rest of the game was GREAT though, for the most part.

EDIT:

Ditto.

I have been waiting for this and FarCry 3 to be under $7.50 each
Oooh @ thought of Far Cry 3 at $7.50 or less.

FC3: Blood Dragon should be dirt cheap, too - like $5 or less. ;)

Hey, awesome deals in the OP! I love Amazon, and I love coming here to discuss deals on Amazon games.

With that out of the way, hello everybody. Not really feeling it here. Had a chat with some people, silence orders came down from the top. Whether that was a case of "Yeah, whatever, silence them I guess." or a calculated decision, I don't know. All I know is that community rules have never stated posting pictures now and then and some "off-topic" posts as silenceable offenses. I'm not trying to rustle any feathers, I just think those should be added to that page so there's no further confusion.

Not here to argue rules or against the mods (and Cheapy), in any case. I ain't the boss, I'm just cog in the machine. Just wanted to say my spirit is a little bit crushed. I love this place and respect the fuckoutta Cheapy for creating this awesome community, but I'd rather not be paranoid about everything I say or do. That's why I come out of the real world to the internet. I probably won't be very active here at this point.

To all you awesome CAGs and CAGettes: [customspoiler=]
tumblr_lyucdlEFpz1r099cco1_500.gif
[/customspoiler]

To some other people: [customspoiler=]
tumblr_m300p7KiHK1r33r0fo1_500.gif
[/customspoiler]

Peace.
Lol, did you miss the post where we talked about this? We're good to go with off topic stuff as long as we don't end it with stuff like that last .GIF :).

Cheers,

Tony

I'm actually FINALLY playing through ME3 right now. I started it last year, then decided to wait for all the DLC to come out when my Xbox got stolen and I lost my save. Played through ME1 + 2 again this Spring as a Tech. I'm really looking forward to the ending just to see why everyone was so pissed (I've somehow kept myself shielded from getting the ending spoiled for me for the past year and a half).

I'm actually FINALLY playing through ME3 right now. I started it last year, then decided to wait for all the DLC to come out when my Xbox got stolen and I lost my save. Played through ME1 + 2 again this Spring as a Tech. I'm really looking forward to the ending just to see why everyone was so pissed (I've somehow kept myself shielded from getting the ending spoiled for me for the past year and a half).
I wouldn't say I was pissed with ME3 Ending (before Extended Edition).

It just felt like....it was too abrupt and that they could've done A LOT more with it, given that it's supposedly to be...

...the end of the Shepard trilogy.

I was looking for something more epic, along the lines of even DAO's ending(s); NWN: Hordes' ending(s); or BG2: TOB's ending(s).

"Disappointed" is a much better word than "pissed-off" for me, in regards to ME3's ending.

It was a joke about other dumb things we could feasibly be arguing about worse than discussing the quality of Bad Rats.

Please don't actually start talking about the ME3 ending.

It was a joke about other dumb things we could feasibly be arguing about worse than discussing the quality of Bad Rats.

Please don't actually start talking about the ME3 ending.
Now, about that ME3 ending...

[ME3 Ending discussion truncated]

...And there you have it. ;)

☁☁

In the current climate of PCDD price cuts, I would argue 40% after a month is a relatively conservative cut.
☁☁
☁☁
☁☁

☁☁☁

☁☁ ☁☁

☁☁ ☁☁☁ ☁☁

☁☁

Shut up before wealthy white men come on to us* bO bO ☁☁

L

-- --

\|||||/

\\//

',','

',',

'

They aren't amazing deals but, let's face it, outside of the major sales it isn't as if any other digital retailer puts up amazing deals.  I'd say they're on par with most of Steam's midweek/weekend/daily deals.  Nothing I'd buy but not horrible.

I'd say average if unexciting, I would be much more interested in a $9.99 lego pack sans LotR (or you could throw that in too...). The upcoming week is looking like another pass right now.

I'd say average if unexciting, I would be much more interested in a $9.99 lego pack sans LotR (or you could throw that in too...). The upcoming week is looking like another pass right now.
I miss when Amazon DVG were on the regular pumping out blockbuster AAA games deals and/or bundles, putting Steam and other digital retailers to shame.

When it comes to non-AAA titles and Indies - I think Humble Bundle, Groupees, and others w/ their Build a Bundle are almost impossible to top.

I miss when Amazon DVG were on the regular pumping out blockbuster AAA games deals and/or bundles, putting Steam and other digital retailers to shame.

When it comes to non-AAA titles and Indies - I think Humble Bundle, Groupees, and others w/ their Build a Bundle are almost impossible to top.
Well I wouldn't consider Scribblenauts or the Lego games indie.

Bioshock infinite, far cry 3, far cry blood dragon, rayman legends/origins, and rogue legacy bundle for 20 dollars. Come on Tony, make it happen!

For realz though, I'd love a Rayman bundle at some point. Maybe like 20 bucks at black friday or christmas once legends has been out for a bit? I'd snatch dat up.

Well I wouldn't consider Scribblenauts or the Lego games indie.
Emphasis on "Non-AAA" Titles.

I don't think those are AAA titles.

Those ain't Indies, either.

Meh, I'm perfectly fine with getting A and AA games as well as these AAA you're so fond of ;)
Oh, don't get me wrong here - I like A and AA games.

Great - now this sounds like we talking about batteries!

But HB, Groupees, and those charity places seem to do those best for their "Build a Bundles," "PWYW", "BTA", and things of that nature of late - not Amazon.

I've always thought Amazon has been at their best - especially since they're a AAA retailer - when having deals w/ the AAA game dev's/pub's. Even more so true, since the rise of HB, Groupees, etc.

Amazon DVG Deals said:
Upcoming Deals:

9/26-10/2:

Skulls of the Shogun: Bon-a-Fide Edition: $7.49
Scribblenauts Unlimited: $5.99
LEGO Lord of the Rings: $8.99
WB Creative Pack: $12.49 contains:

Lego Lord of the Rings
Scribblenauts Unlimited

9/24-9/30:

Leviathian Warships DLC: $4.99

Cheers,
Tony
I wish I could get a complete lego pack with Indiana Jones and Lord of the Rings along with the Harry Potter and Star Wars lego games. Please, Tony.
Could you match this future deal, Tony?
sunasun said:
Holy shit, I can't believe bioshock:infinite is finally in a bundle.
Groupees 2K Build a Bundle includes
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Bioshock: Infinite
NBA 2K16
Xcom Enemy Within
Civilization 5 Mega Super Edition
Borderlands GOTY
Borderlands 2 GOTY
Mafia 1
Mafia 2

I think I'll pass on this, they raised their per game price to $1.50 each and Tony offered it all for $10 back in October 2013.

Oh, don't get me wrong here - I like A and AA games.

Great - now this sounds like we talking about batteries!

But HB, Groupees, and those charity places seem to do those best for their "Build a Bundles," "PWYW", "BTA", and things of that nature of late - not Amazon.

I've always thought Amazon has been at their best - especially since they're a AAA retailer - when having deals w/ the AAA game dev's/pub's. Even more so true, since the rise of HB, Groupees, etc.
The thing w/Amazon is that like 95% of their deals I have no interest in. Then a deal comes along that I immediately know I want to jump on, like the Tomb of the Sleeping Hitman pack a week ago or whenever it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back