Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
On the fence with crysis 3
Definitely would go into backlog for the moment
Thoughts?!

I'll just wait for a deluxe sale. I'm planning on backlogging it either :)

Thanks for the deal Tony, purchasing today!

Also sorta non PC DD question but is there anyway you can ask your boys if Amazon is gonna carry this:

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Gold-Black-Limited/dp/B00FXOP1MU?tag=cheapassgam08-20
Hey man,

Sorry, I have no idea lol.

Does Amazon have a thanksgiving sale on digital games? All these sales are killing my wallet
Yep, we'll have a huge Black Friday Sale.

My body is so ready for all those credits i am going to earn by buying all the games that are on sale this month and then using those said credits the month after.

I have a place laid out for you tony,

Minus that last thing i was wondering Tony, How did that whole catalog requirement of Playstation Network and Xbox Live go. I would take a stab in the dark and say its not that important to amazon now with the next generation of consoles coming out. I still miss being able to buy digital content from amazon for consoles. You used to have your own sales, albeit slow with adding the content, but it used to be consistent. I asked you a few times, but i am not the type of person that pokes and prods you for results which i know would take time getting. I will settle for amazon selling more denominations of currency.
Sweet :).

We'll be doing the $5 Editor's Choice credit again starting with our Black Friday sales. In answer to your other question, I'll have some cool announcements around PSN content and Amazon soon.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey man,

We'll be doing the $5 Editor's Choice credit again starting with our Black Friday sales. In answer to your other question, I'll have some cool announcements around PSN content and Amazon soon.

Cheers,
Tony
I'm pretty stoked for the PSN content announcement actually. Were we told if the Black Friday $30 PS+ Cards were digital only or physical? I forget because I'm dumb.

Cheers,
Tony
Awesome about the PSN stuff. I've always been kind of bummed about the lack of PSN sales the way Steam stuff always gets great deals on other vendors.

Any idea when BF stuff will be announced? Hoping you'll be matching GS for Kingdom Hearst 1.5 and Tales of Xillia.

apparently we missed the meeting that went over the rules that deems whether or not a post is too old to be relevant. we're entirely sorry Drabe how could we
Well you told me, I can certainly suck the face now

Btw I'm sure that guy appreciated the help 4 months after the fact.

Well you told me, I can certainly suck the face now

Btw I'm sure that guy appreciated the help 4 months after the fact.
it's a public forum, meaning that a a conversation that is seemingly happening between two people is actually happening in front of everybody. such is a forum.

What type of roll? Is any of that awesome honey butter involved?
or maybe talking bout woman lol

So is a restaurant argument between two fat people fighting over the last roll. It doesn't make it anymore relevant.
no u mean between two men fighting over the hot girl in her house muahha

I'm going to need a little more fac sucking from you MrNinjaSquirrel and little less attitude.
lol

So, how about them Amazon game deals, huh?

Bought The Next Big Thing earlier today and then realized if I had waited a couple weeks I probably could have nabbed some sweet Editor's Choice credit on a game i'm probably not going to get around to playing this year anyway because i'm a big idiot.

So not only did I blow a potential $5 credit, I followed that up by accidentally buying the Indie Royale Halloween bundle thinking it was their upcoming Debut bundle.

Anyone know of a DumbAssGamer site I could join?

Hey man,

Cheers,
Tony
Tony,

will you be bringing back the buy 1 get 1 free game from way back when? I thought that was a nice way to pick up original and sequel games but also gave us a chance to mix and match if we already owned a game - something we can't do with bundles.

So is a restaurant argument between two fat people fighting over the last roll. It doesn't make it anymore relevant.
Here's a roll(e)

FIGHT!!!!!!!

edb10ce8cd20810fafce0ff71a711955.jpg

esther rolle lol

So, how about them Amazon game deals, huh?

Bought The Next Big Thing earlier today and then realized if I had waited a couple weeks I probably could have nabbed some sweet Editor's Choice credit on a game i'm probably not going to get around to playing this year anyway because i'm a big idiot.

So not only did I blow a potential $5 credit, I followed that up by accidentally buying the Indie Royale Halloween bundle thinking it was their upcoming Debut bundle.

Anyone know of a DumbAssGamer site I could join?
reddit?

1425522_10151968257189469_1869076284_n.png

Ok, after all this time waiting for Batman: AC GOTY to drop to $5, it seems an even greater gift has been offered.

Now to see if ADVG will drop Scribblenauts: Unmasked(the DC edition) to $5.

Pre-WB HB Bundle Key drop

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising - VYYKG-B4CHB-PHBJI
Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game - E4D2N-AP8IY-YNAC8
Ether Vapor Remaster - E5JD4-JX4CZ-CWG7Q
Fairy Bloom Freesia - Gone
Gorky 17 - PM me
Greed Corp - Gone
Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - Gone
Satazius - ENLKH-B92XT-V8RHR

Awesome about the PSN stuff. I've always been kind of bummed about the lack of PSN sales the way Steam stuff always gets great deals on other vendors.

Any idea when BF stuff will be announced? Hoping you'll be matching GS for Kingdom Hearst 1.5 and Tales of Xillia.
I can start announcing the BF stuff the week before. If you'd like to receive advance notice of the deals in spreadsheet format I'll let you know when you can PM me an email address to send it to the same day I start posting around.

Tony,

will you be bringing back the buy 1 get 1 free game from way back when? I thought that was a nice way to pick up original and sequel games but also gave us a chance to mix and match if we already owned a game - something we can't do with bundles.
I hadn't thought about it in a while but I'll pitch it to one of my vendors with a ton of games.

Tony,

Are DVG going to be part of http://smile.amazon.com/
My friend actually runs that group :). I'm not 100% sure yet, she didn't even tell me it launched, I'll reach out today to drop her a congrats and inquire further.

1425522_10151968257189469_1869076284_n.png

Ok, after all this time waiting for Batman: AC GOTY to drop to $5, it seems an even greater gift has been offered.

Now to see if ADVG will drop Scribblenauts: Unmasked(the DC edition) to $5.
Thanks for the heads up :).

Cheers,

Tony

Pre-WB HB Bundle Key drop

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising - VYYKG-B4CHB-PHBJI
Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game - E4D2N-AP8IY-YNAC8
Ether Vapor Remaster - E5JD4-JX4CZ-CWG7Q
Fairy Bloom Freesia - E5BAZ-TXKHR-KR2IQ
Gorky 17 - PM me
Greed Corp - FV6P3-6CGKH-KK60Z
Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - PM me
Satazius - ENLKH-B92XT-V8RHR
thanks for fairy :)

More pre-WB HB drops, thanks to Humble listening to consumers and allowing extra keys to be gifted.

PM me if you want any of the following:

Worms Blast

Worms Ultimate Mayhem - Gone

Worms Crazy Golf

More pre-WB HB drops, thanks to Humble listening to consumers and allowing extra keys to be gifted.

Worms Blast

Worms Ultimate Mayhem

Worms Crazy Golf
I wish you did that with the first set. Some greedy guy took Greedy Corp without saying lol.

I'm not into worms so I won't pm you, but very nice of you.

Worms Blast

Worms Ultimate Mayhem - Gone

Worms Crazy Golf
Just got Worms Ultimate Mayhem from Itrain23, nice guy :bow:

If someone wants Batman Arkham Assylum from HIB, pm me!

Regards!

Oh, I see you ltrain23, I guess I need to step up my drops. 

EDIT: All for now. Will catch up and drop more later. :)

Oh, I see you ltrain23, I guess I need to step up my drops.

I too have some HB extra gifts, which anyone can PM me for. (Please comment before you PM, so other people don't try PM'ing for the same thing. :p ) I'll try to cross off the list when it has been claimed.

Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City (x2)
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Worms Pinball
Worms Crazy Golf
Worms Blast

Batman AA, AC, and Scribblenauts have Steam cards to earn, if you're into that.

I have two copies of Batman Arkham City (one from a previous Steam sale), so I can give two of those.

I also have a bunch of Desura keys, some of which I'm pretty sure include Steam keys, so you might be interested in those as well.

Hack Slash Loot (Almost certain has steam key. Also steam cards on Steam)
Paranormal (may have steam key, and cards)
Cognition (may have steam key, if so there are steam cards too)
Pathologic
Dawnstar
Doom & Destiny
Fibrillation
Holy Avatar
Oniken
Inverto
Diehard Dungeon

Ben There Dan That (may have steam key)
Divo (may have steam key)
How much of Cognition is that? I still need chapters 3 and 4.

I too have a copy of Arkham Asylum to give away, which no one took me up on in the Steam thread. Someone already claimed AC.

I decided I might actually play the FEAR games, so someone can have Lord of the Rings instead, if they want.

I too have some HB extra gifts, which anyone can PM me for. (Please comment before you PM, so other people don't try PM'ing for the same thing. :p ) I'll try to cross off the list when it has been claimed.

Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City (x2)
Worms Pinball
Worms Crazy Golf
Worms Blast

I have two copies of Batman Arkham City (one from a previous Steam sale), so I can give two of those.

I also have a bunch of Desura keys, some of which I'm pretty sure include Steam keys, so you might be interested in those as well.

Paranormal (may have steam key, and cards)
Cognition (may have steam key, if so there are steam cards too)
Pathologic
Dawnstar
Doom & Destiny
Fibrillation
Holy Avatar
Oniken
Inverto
Diehard Dungeon

Ben There Dan That (may have steam key)
Divo (may have steam key)

Taken:
Scribblenauts Unlimited
I'll take Divo, PMing now. Thanks!

How much of Cognition is that? I still need chapters 3 and 4.

I too have a copy of Arkham Asylum to give away, which no one took me up on in the Steam thread. Someone already claimed AC.

Aw heck... odds are I won't play FEAR 2 or 3 either, so those are up for grabs, too.
Good question, I THINK it's only episode 1, but I don't remember where I got it, and there's no marking to say it's only episode one. I think it said "full invite", but again, not sure. I'll be glad to send it to you just to see what it does! I'll PM you.

Remember, Remember, the fifth of November...

PM me if you want any of these Steam keys:

Men of War: Condemned Heroes

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

XIII Century - Gold Edition

Hydrophobia: Prophecy

Mirror's Edge

Hacker Evolution Duality

Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game

Kind of "meh" drops, but maybe some fellow CAGs and Amazon thread followers might like them?

Edit: All Gone

Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City (x2)
Worms Pinball
Worms Crazy Golf
Worms Blast

Pathologic
Dawnstar
Doom & Destiny
Fibrillation
Holy Avatar
Oniken
Inverto
Diehard Dungeon

Taken:
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Cognition
Divo
Paranormal
Ben There Dan That
do you still have holy avatar?

Only one I don't have is Holy Moley Avatar (don't know how I missed it with all the bundles it's been in). PM'ing & thanks!
Major fail on my part, I'm so sorry I didn't see you first. I sent you a PM, gonna try to make up for it (from my mega stash). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back