Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to allow this. All of it. Everything on this thread. Except that this is the wrong thread for B:I, HL5, The Last of Us, or anything Desura-related. All high-profile key drops go here:

[customspoiler="Official Key-Drop Thread"]
50614daa5e6c0.png

[/customspoiler]

See, sunasun? This is what I meant. This is exactly the crew that's eating up all of my "likes".

You guys are alright.

Two codes for AI War: Fleet Command. One is a Steam key, and one is a desura key, but I'm not sure which one is which. (I need to be more careful with my notes...
Used the Desura thanks. Can't believe it was still there after all this time! You guys really don't like non-Steam do you? :D

you guys are silly, on more serious note. anyone want take a guess at what  next week sale will be? this one was not bad but wondering if their be an nice deal before black Friday.

you guys are silly, on more serious note. anyone want take a guess at what next week sale will be? this one was not bad but wondering if their be an nice deal before black Friday.
It'd be nice, but somehow, I think they'll try and hold anything big off until Black Friday.

PKB Mac said:
I'm going to allow this. All of it. Everything on this thread. Except that this is the wrong thread for B:I, HL5, The Last of Us, or anything Desura-related. All high-profile key drops go here:

[customspoiler="Official Key-Drop Thread"]
50614daa5e6c0.png

[/customspoiler]

See, sunasun? This is what I meant. This is exactly the crew that's eating up all of my "likes".

You guys are alright for crazy ass mofo's.
fixed that for you

Neuro5i5 said:
I've always gotten PCDD orders delivered on Sundays from Amazon. ;)
but now you can get the hot dog roller on Sunday too. ;)

Hey Tony, I was wondering if there was a way you could get most of, if not all of the older Marvel Activision games in a bundle for a fair price. I was looking at games like The Incredible Hulk, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, X-Men Origins: Wolverine (maybe Spider-Man Web of Shadows or Shattered Dimensions) etc. I noticed most of them aren't available digitally but I was hoping you could work your magic.

Obviously, I'm not looking for Steam keys but anything would be a plus at this point. I'd pay $10 for just those three in a bundle
Just sent this over for review :).

Does Amazon price match Newegg?Because they have Max Payne 3 for 6$ :p
We don't but we'll have MP3+Season Pass for $5.99 or $6.99 in a couple weeks.

Tony,

Any idea on the B2G1 video game sale? Target has this deal on all in-stock video games in stores, and a select list (rather large) on their website as well.

http://www.target.com/c/video-games/-/N-5xtg5#?lnk=gnav_video games_10_0

I know it's not digital, so a bit outside of your area, but I'm not sure if there's somebody else to contact. :(
See below.

It is not my intention to ruin everyone's party but...why dont you make your giveaways and gifts in another Topic?, It's great but some of the questions to Tony or in general are overlooked because of this. :whistle2:o
I actually don't overlook stuff in thread, a few months back I had to stop responding to every "Will this game be on sale at a lower price than it is right now sometime, anytime, in the future?" questions though, they got to be too many of them and it wasn't adding a ton of value lol.

The key giveaways, however, add some levity and brighten up the discussion :).

Hey Tony, I wanted to personally thank you for making this B2G1 possible on launch PS4 games. I know you'll take the humble "it wasn't me" route, but we all know the influential powers you have at Amazon. ;)

Edit: ...and yes I know this thread is for PCDD.
Haha thanks, my best friend actually spearheaded that one :). I added the digital component to it though (what?!?!?!? more information to come tomorrow :).

That would be a good deal, if I were going to be buying any physical games.

I'm not going to get a PS4 for some time, (at least, I hope not. Probably wait for a price drop, or when the mega awesome exclusive games get to be too much to resist for me), but I'll be going digital-only besides the rare exceptions. (Got a PS3 last year, and only bought 2 physical games. Rest are all digital.)

So if the B2G1 deal worked for digital games, I'd probably bite for a few games. *sigh* too many games.
Hey there,

MY KINGDOM FOR A SHOPPING CART!

Until we get one we can't do BXGY (B2G1, B1G1, etc.) promotions. We will be adding something digital to the mix for people who take advantage of that offer though.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Tony,

I know you've mentioned on different occasions that you are trying to get Shop with Points implemented for digital purchases, and that you have been for quite a while.

Do you have any idea if it may be ready before Black Friday sales? Or if not, do they have any kind of timeline for when they expect it to be available?

What it ultimately boils down to is, will it be in place before Dark Souls 2 launches?

Thanks Tony.

Haha thanks, my best friend actually spearheaded that one :). I added the digital component to it though (what?!?!?!? more information to come tomorrow :).
Well then tell your friend thank you ;) , and I knew you had something to do with this! Sneaky Tony. I'm really happy Amazon will be doing this tomorrow, even if it's just for a short window of time, it's still an incredible deal/promotion. I'm sure it wasn't easy passing it through corporate. Well done Amazon and kudos to your friend.

Can't wait for tomorrow and the forth coming info.

Dude, you seem to be grabbing every other non-lurked key - don't you ever buy any games? What have you been doing the past three years if not bundle-hoarding?
Telling us about how Red Dead Redemption needs a PC port and how The Secret World needs to go on sale for $5 again. Where have you been?

Dude, you seem to be grabbing every other non-lurked key - don't you ever buy any games? What have you been doing the past three years if not bundle-hoarding?
Do you even read any threads on these boards? I do buy quite a damn bit, if you pay attention.

Some Amazon DVG purchases this year include -> Crysis 3 bundle; TWD 400 Days; GR: Future Soldier; MK: Komplete; TR 2013; Inversion; NBA 2K13.

I bought from Steam this year RE6; and even GoT: RPG + ALL DLC; and a bunch of old TR games I was missing.

I bought RE: Revelations from GameFly.

Bought also Bioshock: Infinite from GMG for $16 a bit ago this year.

Bought Borderlands 2; Op Flashpoint Complete Pack; and an Adventure 4 Pack; Ultimate Mystery & Adventure Packs from Gamersgate.

And that's just for starters.

Telling us about how Red Dead Redemption needs a PC port and how The Secret World needs to go on sale for $5 again. Where have you been?
I've just about given up (regrettably) on a RDR port. I've wasted so much time complaining online about it that I could have bought a PS3 or XBox to play it. This is probably the last time I'll mention "The Last of Us" and will probably just buy a PS4 to play that one.

I've just about given up (regrettably) on a RDR port. I've wasted so much time complaining online about it that I could have bought a PS3 or XBox to play it. This is probably the last time I'll mention "The Last of Us" and will probably just buy a PS4 to play that one.
Yeah, I'd love to see PC ports of RDR and The Last Of Us - but I got a better chance of maybe winning PowerBall.

So... you're convinced MysterD and LN3000 are different people then? :)

Do you even read any threads on these boards? I do buy quite a damn bit, if you pay attention.

Some Amazon DVG purchases this year include -> Crysis 3 bundle; TWD 400 Days; GR: Future Soldier; MK: Komplete; TR 2013; Inversion; NBA 2K13.

I bought from Steam this year RE6; and even GoT: RPG + ALL DLC; and a bunch of old TR games I was missing.

Bought Borderlands 2; Op Flashpoint Complete Pack; and an Adventure 4 Pack; Ultimate Mystery & Adventure Packs from Gamersgate.

what main course and deserts hehh deserts no more 3-party drm on steam yo

Yeah, I'd love to see PC ports of RDR and The Last Of Us - but I got a better chance of maybe winning PowerBall.
oh realy u forgettin drm

So... you're convinced MysterD and LN3000 are different people then? :)
i htought they were different since forever ln3000 only does key drops mysterd does loco stuffs besides key drops he lectures about patchign drm drm drm drm and also translating to make tony get what i said yup that bout huge difference. he prolly make aj crazy so much she left him chase after me and then every women chase after me blahah

what main course and deserts hehh deserts no more 3-party drm on steam yo

oh realy u forgettin drm

i htought they were different since forever ln3000 only does key drops mysterd does loco stuffs besides key drops he lectures about patchign drm drm drm drm and also translating to make tony get what i said yup that bout huge difference. he prolly make aj crazy so much she left him chase after me and then every women chase after me blahah
Besides games, MysterD also buys music quite often from Amazon MP3, as well.

One recent purchase includes Eminem's "MMLP2 Deluxe".

Besides games, MysterD also buys music quite often from Amazon MP3, as well.

One recent purchase includes Eminem's "MMLP2 Deluxe".
mp3 is main course disapointing should have been starters than main course should be ur 75% off games play it now shouild be desert

LIES

mp3 is main course disapointing should have been starters than main course should be ur 75% off games play it now shouild be desert
I am heavily into both games and music - and buy lots of both. Always have, always will.

EDIT:

if you win the powerball i feel like you could probably make a RDR pc port happen
Well, obviously - it'd definitely be in the cards!

I am heavily into both games and music - and buy lots of both. Always have, always will.

EDIT:

Well, obviously - it'd definitely be in the cards!
sure but ur main course is games music is ur starter

Don't say this. Now mysterd is going to become addicted to playing the powerball, and become homeless. All in the name of a port.
mystrd in month willl bb poor lonely bankrupt and we wont be seing him on her no more rip mysterd

sure but ur main course is games music is ur starter
mystrd in month willl bb poor lonely bankrupt and we wont be seing him on her no more rip mysterd
I'm already lonely - that just don't need to happen down the line. It already occurred.

Never! I just post from the hip!

Some Amazon DVG purchases this year include -> Crysis 3 bundle; TWD 400 Days; <snip a bunch of big-name games>
Yeah, yeah, but what about all those indie bundles? I don't see you buying every single Groupays, Indie Royale Flush, Bundle-In-A-Fox, India Gulu, and (gawd help us) Bundles Szars full of unfinished indie games you've never heard of, redeeming them on Desura, and hoping and checking Greenlight daily to see if they finally got a goddam Steam key just so you can backlog them! C'mon man, git with the program!

Never! I just post from the hip!

Yeah, yeah, but what about all those indie bundles? I don't see you buying every single Groupays, Indie Royale Flush, Bundle-In-A-Fox, India Gulu, and (gawd help us) Bundles Szars full of unfinished indie games you've never heard of, redeeming them on Desura, and hoping and checking Greenlight daily to see if they finally got a goddam Steam key just so you can backlog them! C'mon man, git with the program!
I don't buy every HB, Groupees, IndieGala, etc, and every single thing/bundle that just comes along. I've always often been very selective about what I'm dropping $ on.

MysterD follows the beat of his own drums and 808's.

Idiotekque said:
Welcome Back!!!!!

jatan11t said:
Hmmm.. I hid a key for Hydrophobia somewhere or another and I can't find it...
Have you checked your toilet?

WitchCraft but with Mice!!!!!!!
8TZZI-55KDF-PLHYK

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back