Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya,

Any chance Super Street fighter 4 and NBA2k13 will be matched at the 7.50 (i think70-75%) flash sale price from steam Tony or anyone please?

its at 50% off now, but checking anyways. If i see it again of course I'll buy it but wanted to see if I could from Amazon.

Thanks,

Rock
Unless I can get Super SF4 super-cheap, I'm probably gonna wait for Ultra SF4 now....

It works, but Party of Sin still isn't added as a promo credit. I only received Ticket to Ride and Drip Drop.
I bought a game a little while ago and the same thing happened to me. I received Ticket to Ride and Drip Drip, but no Party of Sin.

Finally bought TSW, so there,... and for only $12.74.  I can deal with eating $2.75 for me not reading properly last time. 

Only 16GB to start!...  :joystick:

Any chance anyone has an extra Ticket To Ride code? I've seriously been on the fence about it and it's DLC as it's not something I'd normally play, but the positive reception it seems to be getting has my curiosity perked. If there were something on the Indie store I could afford/want, I'd grab it myself but, alas...

Any chance anyone has an extra Ticket To Ride code? I've seriously been on the fence about it and it's DLC as it's not something I'd normally play, but the positive reception it seems to be getting has my curiosity perked. If there were something on the Indie store I could afford/want, I'd grab it myself but, alas...
Send me a PM and you can have one of my codes.

Nah,Im asking for the price match because its eligible for the 3 free games.

I wanted to get Ticket to Ride but I cant find any game to buy in indie store that interest me right now.

Do any of the CAG Bundles qualify for the free Ticket To Ride and Party Of Sin? Or any bundle with Triple Town in it? I don't track this thread daily and I can't find this information.

That's actually kind of weird. It looks like it went on the Flash Sale price and never lost that discount. Note that the Deadlight "Flash" Sale still lasts for another 38+ hours.
Yeah I'm thinking that's a mistake on Steam's part. If it were flash, it'd be 8 hours or so right??

Tony's said in the past that they won't bother PMing stuff under $1... so I probably wouldn't hold your breath.
A cheap offer of all sleeping dogs dlc's together in one pack would also be a great, especially since many people already own the base game and are just searching for the dlc.

Amazon's website lists such a pack for the price of $30,30, but says its currently unavailable.

same deal for me, just bought a game and got ticket to ride and drip drip but also didn't get anything for party of sin.
Same for me. Purchased Psychonauts about an hour ago, immediately received Drip Drip and Ticket to Ride but no Party of Sin.

also, is Wargame PMed? So it's gonna end with the steam sale? any feedback on that game?
I bought it last night from Steam. It's fantastic! It's way different to any other big RTS out there. It's more like a real time war game. There's no base building. It's all about micro managing your tanks - worrying about their cov er, armour facing, supply etc.

I personally am so fed up of the near arcade style of building up a huge base and force as fast as possible in modern rts' that I've more or less abandoned the genre and gone back to TBS for some actual strategy (which is why I ignored this game until now). Anyone with similar views on RTS will probably love this. Action junkies likely won't!

It's worth mentioning as well that i didn't like R.U.S.E, their first game using this engine. So disliking R.U.S.E doesn't mean you won't like this.

walking dead - $12.50 not $10
looks like steam might have the dlc when it wins, there goes sales for amazon

As of yesterday morning, it was not included, but Tony came around to save the day, and it should be now.
He still has to fix something because it's only giving two games. Party of Sin seems excluded by error. I hope that when Tony is done wrestling Golems and Chimeras he comes to fix the glitch.

As of yesterday morning, it was not included, but Tony came around to save the day, and it should be now.
Thank you. I went thru the 15 pages from the "learn more" link and it wasnt there. Still, it looks like a nice game, will buy it.

If an Amazon rep is looking, amazon took all of my gaming budget the past 2 years, but sadly its all steam this time.

Off to buy home. Enjoy your gaming, fellow cags.

Edit after purchase: Drip Drip has a 66 digit product key.Thank goodness for copy and paste.

Home is definitely included in the promotion, I just bought it and got credit for Ticket to Ride and Drip Drip. The Party of Sin credit did not come (yet), but all I was really looking for was a copy of Ticket to Ride for my girlfriend anyway.

Tony you can add me to the Party of Sin group as well... I have not recived the promo credit for this game as well.  PMed you my order number incase you need to look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back