Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry if this has been answered already. but do the free games amazon gave out have steam keys? i have ticket to ride and drip drip.
Ticket to Ride, yes, you can get the Steam version. You can go to the page for it and use your credit here: http://www.amazon.com/Days-of-Wonder-Ticket-Download/dp/B00AU80ZSY

Drip Drip is not on Steam. It's on Desura... but unfortunately Amazon doesn't carry the Desura version, so you can only get the DRM free version here: http://www.amazon.com/Imminent-Games-Drip-Download/dp/B00BF3M4EG/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1374739086&sr=1-1&keywords=drip+drip

Ticket to Ride, yes, you can get the Steam version. You can go to the page for it and use your credit here: http://www.amazon.com/Days-of-Wonder-Ticket-Download/dp/B00AU80ZSY

Drip Drip is not on Steam. It's on Desura... but unfortunately Amazon doesn't carry the Desura version, so you can only get the DRM free version here: http://www.amazon.com/Imminent-Games-Drip-Download/dp/B00BF3M4EG/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1374739086&sr=1-1&keywords=drip+drip
hmmm... i wanted just the key so i could give them away. is that possible with ticket to ride?

Actually the when I got Drip Drip from the free game promo, it had a Desura key with it (probably the longest I've seen with some 25 characters or so). Unless things have changed you should get both a DRM Free and Desura version when you buy it, even though it isn't listed as such :)

hmmm... i wanted just the key so i could give them away. is that possible with ticket to ride?
Yup, you'll get the Steam key on your games and software page. Just send that key to whoever you want.

Actually the when I got Drip Drip from the free game promo, it had a Desura key with it (probably the longest I've seen with some 25 characters or so). Unless things have changed you should get both a DRM Free and Desura version when you buy it, even though it isn't listed as such :)
Dunno about that now. I just tested it, and the key it gave me doesn't activate on Desura.

Usually Amazon has "Steam", "DRM free", "Desura", etc at the top of the page. The only listing for Drip Drip is "DRM free" right now, so if they ever had a Desura version, they don't now.

Yup, you'll get the Steam key on your game and software page. Just send that key to whoever you want.

Dunno about that now. I just tested it, and the key it gave me doesn't activate on Desura.

Huh? Well that's weird, what is it for then? I haven't tried mine, but I remember Fox posting about it being for Desura. Not sure what else it could be, unless it is some sort of unlock key (seriously?) :whistle2:k

Huh? Well that's weird, what is it for then? I haven't tried mine, but I remember Fox posting about it being for Desura. Not sure what else it could be, unless it is some sort of unlock key (seriously?) :whistle2:k
It's probably just the key for the game. A lot of "DRM free" games still need you to register the key that comes with the game.

It's probably just the key for the game. A lot of "DRM free" games still need you to register the key that comes with the game.

Well that's disappointing, sorry for spreading wrong information :cry:

FYI you also get a $5 credit towards Saints Row 4 when you buy the SRTT deal. We'll be backfilling this credit this week for everyone who has bought that game or a bundle with it in it.

Cheers,

Tony
FYI you also get a $5 credit towards Saints Row 4 when you buy the SRTT deal. We'll be backfilling this credit this week for everyone who has bought that game or a bundle with it in it.

Cheers,

Tony
Good deal

Cheers,

Tony
@Tony

How long will that $5 credit for SR4 be good for? When's that expire?

EDIT:

@Tony

Do you guys have any plans to get Shadowrun Returns?

Cheers,

Tony
so that means if i brough in dec last yeari willl get the credit tho i wont buy it but is that what u saying ur MSRP for SR TT Full package is higher than everywhere else tho

Just noticed this on the Burnout Paradise Bonus Vehicle DLC Amazon product page.

"Requires Origin Client to activate. The DLC will work for either the Steam or Origin version of the main game."

So I bought it, and confirmed.  The Bonus content works with the Steam version of the original game!  You just need to activate it via Origin.  Somehow Steam can recognize the DLC.  It's like Magic!

Just noticed this on the Burnout Paradise Bonus Vehicle DLC Amazon product page.

"Requires Origin Client to activate. The DLC will work for either the Steam or Origin version of the main game."

So I bought it, and confirmed. The Bonus content works with the Steam version of the original game! You just need to activate it via Origin. Somehow Steam can recognize the DLC. It's like Magic!
Shame on you! ;) I posted this the other day but not about the activation process but on the price. If anyone else is planning on buying this buy it from Gamestop.com its only $4.99 compared to Amazon's $9.99. Driving the DeLorean and the Toybox cars is so much fun!

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/dlc/burnout-paradise-bonus-vehicle-pack/109726

So I bought SRTT from Amazon in May 2012 during Mayhem, will I get a credit?

so that means if i brough in dec last yeari willl get the credit tho i wont buy it but is that what u saying ur MSRP for SR TT Full package is higher than everywhere else tho

Wondering the same thing. I bought SR3 Full Package in December 2012, and would love to know if I also qualify for the $5 credit.
Yep,

I'll be backfilling batches of credits all week. Also, we noticed the MSRP issues today, we fixed it and the game is now $44.99 before any credits.

If I preorder The Bureau: XCOM Declassified digital version, can I cancel it just like I can with a physical purchase?
Yes, as with physical, all pre-order bonuses are delivered after your credit card has been charged.

Cheers,

Tony

Not a bad deal on SR4, though if GMG winds up doing another 25% off voucher, it'll be a bit cheaper ($37.50) over there if you're willing to wait.

@Tony

If we bought SR3 (base game) [Summer 2012] and then later the SR3 Full Package [Dec 2012] - we'd still only get one SR4 coupon, correct?

doubt the codes stack, or people who bought 2-3+ bundles/copy's too gift,sell,give away would have more of a discount then they attend for us too have.

I may jump on SRIV from Amazon once my extra discount is available, even though I'd get the same price from Gamersgate right now. Once that 20% is gone I won't be buying much from GG anyways.

Yes, with Burnout Paradise DLC I'm not surprised.  The orginal time around the DLC was tied to your save file (so people who bought it from the defunct in-game store and don't have their save file have to buy it again.

I'll be backfilling batches of credits all week. Also, we noticed the MSRP issues today, we fixed it and the game is now $44.99 before any credits.
Really?? So if I purchased a copy of SRTT:FP on Amazon in December, I'll be able to buy a (steam-activated) copy of Saints Row IV on Amazon for only $39.99?

Tony, you have yourself a deal.

Really?? So if I purchased a copy of SRTT:FP on Amazon in December, I'll be able to buy a (steam-activated) copy of Saints Row IV on Amazon for only $39.99?

Tony, you have yourself a deal.
You'll then promptly give it away here, right before the mods swoop in and ban you, right? :lol:

I wonder if SR4 will have around 20 DLC's again - you know, like SR3 had...
That's how they can release it at forty bucks.

Haven't you heard all the whiners though? SR4 IS a DLC for SR3. :lol:
Besides, the Saint's Row Third Complete Pack was already down to $7.50 only 13 months after the game's release. So you pay up to play it right away, or enjoy it cagly a year later. :p

Besides, the Saint's Row Third Complete Pack was already down to $7.50 only 13 months after the game's release. So you pay up to play it right away, or enjoy it cagly a year later. :p
Listen to the latest GBcast. It's NOT DLC as the first DLC for SR4 is... Enter the Dominatrix.

SR4 was being developed concurrently.

Listen to the latest GBcast. It's NOT DLC as the first DLC for SR4 is... Enter the Dominatrix.

SR4 was being developed concurrently.
Yeah I heard that on the GBcast on Tuesday. That was kinda weird, but it makes sense. Either way I'm so excited for this game... doesn't hurt that it (and Divekick) come out on my birthday!

Yeah, I knew Enter The Dom was originally a SR3 Stand-alone Expansion; then got rolled into SR4; and now is a SR4 DLC.

So, I also wonder - what about the other 25 DLC's planned...? ;)

we be waiting for full package then heh
Eh, not necessarily.

I won't mind buying SR4 base game cheap (As long as there's LOTS of content), if I can eventually get The Complete Pack w/ everything equally as cheap way later on. ;)

That's pretty much what I did w/ SR3, BL1, and FO3 - and I don't really regret it.

I thought the $10 credit for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified was for anything Amazon sells. But I got an email from Amazon and it says it is toward select 2K games.

Which is it? I preordered, but if it is toward only 2k games I'm going to cancel. There are better deals available.

Thanks.

Hi, the PC Collector's edition is sold out it seems for FF 14 Realm Reborn, anyone have a link for another site thats selling it aside from ebay ?

thanks!

Rock :bow:

Hi, the PC Collector's edition is sold out it seems for FF 14 Realm Reborn, anyone have a link for another site thats selling it aside from ebay ?

thanks!

Rock :bow:
PC Collector's edition was store exclusive too square enix, it sold out around july 6th. i read random forums about it, when i tried finding out how too buy it an waited too long.

I thought the $10 credit for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified was for anything Amazon sells. But I got an email from Amazon and it says it is toward select 2K games.

Which is it? I preordered, but if it is toward only 2k games I'm going to cancel. There are better deals available.

Thanks.
on the store page just checked

[SIZE=.82em]Pre-order Now for the CodeBreakers Bonus Mission and $10 Toward Select 2K Titles[/SIZE]

[SIZE=.82em]i also remember tony saying it in a post but dont want dig it up sorry[/SIZE]

its not really a big deal, just don't use it
It can't be done without the use of a mod. The Full Package as I understand it is a single code, so the Bloodsucker DLC would be automagically activated.

Edit: That is assuming that that DLC is included...

Edit 2: OK, never mind, it's not included in the FP.

Yeah, debating getting The Full Package since Ive already played all the content on 360.  I'm just thinking the PC version may be better and I'll enjoy playing through the content again even though I already have a bunch of games from the Steam sale.  I'll probably wait a while to pick up SR IV so I can pick it up on PC cheap.

on the store page just checked

[SIZE=.82em]Pre-order Now for the CodeBreakers Bonus Mission and $10 Toward Select 2K Titles[/SIZE]

[SIZE=.82em]i also remember tony saying it in a post but dont want dig it up sorry[/SIZE]
That is weird because I see this.

[SIZE=.82em]Pre-order the PC Download and Save 10% + Get a $10 Amazon Credit + Codebreakers Bonus Mission DLC[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back