Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="zillionandnine" post="10947181" timestamp="1375205927"]

Thanks for getting back to me! It was a long shot but I thought I'd ask anyway. :)

BTW, I still haven't gotten the $5 credit for buying SR3 back in December... are you still doing the backfills? Or should I PM you my order id? Thanks![/quote]

Haven't seen mine either, mine was in January I believe. I do want to preorder SR IV while I can get it for $40.

EDIT: Got it now

Got my Saints Row IV credit, thanks Tony! Pre-ordered and ready to go! 

Humble Bundle today has Saints Row 2, Saints Row The Third (AND Full Package), Sacred 2, Risen 2, Dead Island, and Dead Island Riptide for only $25.

Sweet deal. Bummer I already bought Saints Row 2 during the summer sale. At least now I have Sacred 2, Risen 2, and Dead Island Riptide.

TOO MANY GAMES.

Humble Bundle today has Saints Row 2, Saints Row The Third (AND Full Package), Sacred 2, Risen 2, Dead Island, and Dead Island Riptide for only $25.

Sweet deal. Bummer I already bought Saints Row 2 during the summer sale. At least now I have Sacred 2, Risen 2, and Dead Island Riptide.

TOO MANY GAMES.
Amazing deal

For your wife. Right.

While we're at it how about a repeat of the sale on the Bundle of Nancys for, er, my wife.
yeah, I've tried playing the HOGs and get frustrated 5 minutes in when I can't find shit. (carry over from real life)

it's kind of hard to say no, when I've bought almost 700 games. :)

I just got mine like 30 minutes ago so they are still being sent out.
Yeah, I got mine too. but I got 2 $5 credits, is that a mistake Tony? I haven't bought Saints Row the Third recently,

TOO MANY GAMES.
Only game that I'm missing is DI:R.

I ain't spending $25 just for that.

If you're missing any of those games - that bundle's INCREDIBLE.

i missing those scared 2 gold risen 2 but dont want it only want riptide but not for 25bucks no 10 or 75% off i wait
Yeah, I'm waiting for DI:Riptide to drop quite a bit.

About Deep Silver HIB - I am interested in the soundtracks and maybe any extra games I'm missing that might come later. We'll see if something comes along later that might make me bite.

Quick question for anyone who bought the Dreamcast Collection long ago when it was on sale. Was it a single key or did each of the four games get an individual key?

Edit: Nevermind, seems I was looking at the wrong listing, this Dreamcast Pack has each game listed individually.

Riptide was a huge waste of cash. So pissed i bought that game at full price.
I know that feeling all too well, I bought the original Dead Island for $40, only to see it drop to $10 and then $5 a few short months later (this is where I would put that emoticon slapping itself on the face but I can't seem to find it)

Hey Tony, I want to share something I've been feeling ever since you've offered extra incentives for purchases. When you don't have something extra to offer, I feel like I should not buy anything until you do. The three free indie games for instance; I kind of want to buy Papa & Yoyo now, but I feel like I should wait until you do some kind of promo along with it like those free indie games or something.

Just letting you know what thoughts are going through my head now knowing what kind of deals are possible. I feel sort of trained to only buy when there's an extra incentive on top of a deal now.

You guys know what I say about my backlog?

If I don't get to all of it and/or finish it - oh well.

{shoulder shrug}

At least the games are there, when I want them & want to actually get to them; if I get to 'em.

I don't have to worry about "game pulled from shelves and/or digital store for... [insert any issues] - i.e. music license issues; distribution rights issues; developer and/or publisher is going under; and any other reasons you can think of.

Most games I *Want* to play are usually the games I spend more $ on than usual - and I usually play them ASAP.

You guys know what I say about my backlog?

If I don't get to all of it and/or finish it - oh well.
{shoulder shrug}
At least the games are there, when I want them & want to actually get to them; if I get to 'em.

I don't have to worry about "game pulled from shelves and/or digital store for... [insert any issues] - i.e. music license issues; distribution rights issues; developer and/or publisher is going under; and any other reasons you can think of.

Most games I *Want* to play are usually the games I spend more $ on than usual - and I usually play them ASAP.
I want to add that, being digital (online) backlogs, the media can't get scratched, lost, etc. When I remember all the NES/GENESIS/SNES/PC games (and even music!) I have lost, I want to cry. Granted the servers can go down, even for an entire day if you want... But your games are there

Bell = Salivate
I think most people on CAG, SD, or other "deal" sites are trained to wait until an indie game gets either cheaper or bets bundled.

For Papa and Yo, I do like that the sale includes a version that includes the soundtrack.

As far as incentives, amazon is matching. If you like amazon and want to reward them with the sale, then great. Their customer service and Tony are much easier to deal with / communicate with than Steam. Of course, if amazon gave extra incentives, then nobody would complain.

I think though that gamers are living in a time of plenty compared when games were not being published/released as readily. We have also become accustomed to great sales i.e. Winter or Summer sales, Mayhem, just to name a few. Gamers want deals all year round and have become trained to watch for the next deal around the corner. We speculate all the time about the next indie bundle or how much a game will go down in price for Winter Sale for instance.

For me, just like buying technology i.e. a newer computer, it is about coming to terms with when you buy in. There are plenty of discussions about backlogs. For me, I ask myself, am I comfortable with buying in at this price for this game at this time. I know that eventually if I wait, games will become cheaper. Some are worth waiting a little bit. For instance, I could have waited (probably until next Spring) for an ultimate version of Borderlands 2, but I decided to buy in when I got the game, psycho and mechromancer packs, and the Season pass for about $26. I bought BL2 base first and enjoyed it enough, that I bought the DLC and do not regret buying it.

I want to add that, being digital (online) backlogs, the media can't get scratched, lost, etc. When I remember all the NES/GENESIS/SNES/PC games (and even music!) I have lost, I want to cry. Granted the servers can go down, even for an entire day if you want... But your games are there
My backlog have been spanning - and spamming, I guess, too ;) - both digital and retail for YEARS.

Another problem can be the DRM - if you ain't activated game already on a PC via their servers; or it's only-online and there's some problem on your end, ISP's end, on the game-servers' end - you're toast.

About digital distributors: if you don't back-up your files; or if that digital distributor company goes out of business - forget it.

Went to pre-order Saints Row IV, and the $10 credit isn't for the Digital version?  I thought that it was before.  Back to drawing board to nail down where to get it then I guess.

Sorry, forgive me if I'm missing something, but I couldn't find it in the OP.  I received a $5 promo credit from my previous purchase of SR3, but I don't see anything about $10 credit.  What is that coming from?  I see it for XCOM Bureau but not for SR4.

Hey guys!

Good news! I'm done with all my crazy travel etc. for the next few months. Sorry the communique has been so sporadic. Let's kick the weekend off right.

1. What are you playing this weekend?

2. What is the next awesome deal you're hoping to see?

Cheers,
Tony

Hey guys!

Good news! I'm done with all my crazy travel etc. for the next few months. Sorry the communique has been so sporadic. Let's kick the weekend off right.

Cheers,
Tony
Good to see you back Tony!

Hope everything is well with you and your loved ones.

1. Defiance, Euro Truck Simulator 2, and Papo and Yo.

2. Aliens Colonial Marines w/ Season Pass - $5!

Hey guys!

Cheers,
Tony
Awesome, welcome back Tony!

1. Finishing up Call of Juarez: Gunslinger and Rogue Legacy :)

2. The only real bundles I'd like to see from Amazon would be Steam versions of Far Cry 3 + Blood Dragon or Assassin's Creed III + Season Pass. I recall AC3 was $11 or $12 during Mayhem but it wasn't enough for me to bite... maybe AC3 + DLC for $15? I haven't seen a good price for Steam versions of FC3 and Blood Dragon, and I'd play these instantly instead of putting them in my backlog, so I'd be excited to see if you could work anything out for those games!

Papo is so tempting, but I think I'll wait for a bundle.

Hey guys!

LA Noire, Coconut Queen.

And as I said a few pages back, it's time for a repeat on the Bundle of Nancys at, say, $8.99? Also some sort of deal on both Batman Arkham City GOTY and Assassin's Creed Revelations Gold.

2. Aliens Colonial Marines w/ Season Pass - $5!
+1 for this! Make it happen, Tony!

I have been playing Sniper Ghost Warrior series since last week and I plan to finish the second one this weekend (I'm in the last Act).

The first one was quite enjoyable and the second one is much better, IMO. The story in 2 gets very interesting in the second Act and I am now excited to see where it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back