Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
i also would like far cry 3 (steam) under $10.

just bought some more sleeping dogs dlc since it was price matched.

Hey guys!

Good news! I'm done with all my crazy travel etc. for the next few months. Sorry the communique has been so sporadic. Let's kick the weekend off right.

1. What are you playing this weekend?

2. What is the next awesome deal you're hoping to see?

Cheers,
Tony
I'm playing the dlc for Stacking lmao. :)

My wife has been bugging me to ask you to do a mystery case files bundle with steam keys if possible. Steam keys or not though, I'll still buy!!!

LA Noire, Coconut Queen.

And as I said a few pages back, it's time for a repeat on the Bundle of Nancys at, say, $8.99? Also some sort of deal on both Batman Arkham City GOTY and Assassin's Creed Revelations Gold.
I have Assassin's Creed Revelations Gold Steam Gift I bought for 7.49. PM me if interested, I'd be willing to sell it for a little less to rebuild my paypal account.

Some Saint's Row 3, some more Little Big Planet 2, and playtesting a Javascript game I'm making.

I too would like a Far Cry 3 + Blood Dragon Steam key deal. Also, interested in a bundle of all the silly games CAG's have made me interested in like Coconut Queen, Toilet Tycoon, Big Mutha Truckas, and a few others. :s

Shin Megami Tensei IV, Pikmin 3 on Sunday  (need to clear my consoles as this week is Pikmin 3, Dragons Crown, and Xillia... next Sunday is Mario and Luigi... then the week after is Infinity)

Part of me wants to see some RCT or Zoo Tycoon (complete sets).  The other part wants to see a really kick butt indie bundle.  (maybe some Fortix and the like)  [sorry this caught my eye after a conversation on the Steam thread]  Ideally, gaming weekend for 5 bucks kinda setup.

On Steam, I've been playing Super House of Dead Ninjas and the new Rise of the Triad, both of which are awesome old-school-y games.

I'd love to see a 75% off deal on Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition.  I know it came out recently, but Amazon had similarly amazing deals on WB's Scribblenauts and Lego LOTOR shortly after they came out.

Also, any chance of Amazon carrying Ubisoft's Trackmania2 Canyon, Stadium, and Valley games?  The nice thing about the keys for these games is that the developer enabled Steam activation for them.

1. Mostly The Last of Us, Fable 2, and a handful of casual games (Fortix 2, Pickers!, Triple Town, Bejeweled 3). Probably some Recettear and Scribblenauts thrown in for good measure, with Forza 4 rounding out my genre picks. I've been jumping between so many games it is really hard to say, I guess whatever grabs my interest first :bouncy:

2. Not sure how likely it is, but I'd love to see -75% or more on:

LA Noire, Coconut Queen.

And as I said a few pages back, it's time for a repeat on the Bundle of Nancys at, say, $8.99? Also some sort of deal on both Batman Arkham City GOTY and Assassin's Creed Revelations Gold.
I'd also love a bundle like this, though I really wish they were the steam versions :cry:

Hey guys!

Good news! I'm done with all my crazy travel etc. for the next few months. Sorry the communique has been so sporadic. Let's kick the weekend off right.

Cheers,
Tony
1. Randodm steam games it ranges from 3-person to valve game to stragety and so on ootp 14 prolly

2. steam keys for Driver San Fransicio Deluxe Edition since amazon have it 75% off many time but i rather have it on steam and any and DLC bundle for space marines dlc far cry 3 + blood dragon steam key bundle under 10bucks mortal kombat komplete 75% off. DI Riptide bundle, Transformer fall for cyberton bundle for 75% off or under 10bucks Risen 2 dlc bundle nascar the game 2013 under 10bucks or 75% off. i think that most of the ones i want lol. Anno 2070 complete for 75% off with steam key! if i have to choose one man too hard

Welcome back!

1. Totally hooked on Warframe right now, so that, maybe Mass Effect 3 (gotta keep in the top 1%), and probably Rogue Legacy.

Mars: War Logs (a significant deal)

Rogue Legacy (for everyone else who didn't get it yet)

Warframe Platinum/Starter Pack deals

Dust: Elysium Tail sale (~66-75% off)

Van Helsing (75% off)

Call of Juarez Gunslinger

Remember Me (~66%-75% off)

The Bridge

Antichamber (75% off)

Thirty Flights of Loving (75% off)

Hey guys!

Cheers,
Tony
Hi tony! Welcome back!

1) WANT to play xcom and Ys oath... But I KNOW I'll play Defender's quest, can't stop playing that game!

2) prototype bundle for $10 or less (missed it last time). Or RAGE + DLC at $5

Hey guys!

Cheers,
Tony
Welcome back buddy!

1. This weekend I finished The Last of Us on my PS3. On my PC been playing The Swapper a little bit, pretty fun game. Also been playing thru Silent Hill 1 because I like that genre but have never played any Silent Hill game.

2. Next awesome deals I would like to see hmmm... Good deal on:

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Maybe even try to get the 4 pack on your website)

&

Maybe bring back some of the good indie store promo bundles like CAG Bundle 2 and there was another I wanted with the Steam game Symphony in it. For me the the indie store promo felt like it was gonna be really awesome, then you went on vacation and that whole promo just kind of went to shit immediately after that unfortunately ><

I'm playing "go to work on the weekend" but in the evenings I'll probably hit up Shogun 2 and Skyrim if the DLC goes on sale.

Dude, I'd to try Trine and Torchlight.

1. Prime World: Defenders.  Despite the repetition, it is a pretty solid tower defence game with some interesting card-based crafting mechanics.  (Plus whatever I already have that happens to drop trading cards on Steam.)  And maybe some more Defiance if the servers hold up.

2. A Square Enix blowout spectacular?  Er...I'd also like to see more of the big ticket/big franchise Capcom games to make it to Amazon and still holding out hope for DVG to start carrying Bethesda products.

1) I've been playing DMC and FTL the last couple of days, so it'll probably be the same during the weekend.

2) Shadowrun Returns and Rogue Legacy deals

Hey guys!

Cheers,
Tony
1. The Secret World.

2. Anything awesome at 75% off or better (i.e. "The CAG Rule") that nobody has had at 75% off or better.

Games I'd like to see hit this -> Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition; Bioshock Infinite; Metro: Last Light; Shadowrun Returns; Far Cry 3 + Blood Dragon; Resident Evil 6; Resident Evil: Revelations.

playing far cry 3 on steam

for sale  2 ubisoft and a 2k

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger  60% or better

far cry blood dragon ( steam keys) 60% or better

bioshock infinite 66% off (i think it will  come soon anyways)

Hey guys!

Cheers,
Tony

1. Borderlands 2 - I'm 5 chapters away from getting my last class (Commando) through normal mode. That's 5 straight playthoughs of normal mode and I'm actually not burnt out yet, but will still take a break before 6 straight playthroughs of TVHM.

2. Deal? Instead how about more TONY in my Amazon PCDD thread dammit! :)

1. Totally addicted to Pinball FX2. You guys should start selling the tables and come up with a great bundle deal, that would be amazing.

2. More bundles! Bundles are what has always gotten most of my money on Amazon. You have super bundle magic powers that we are all in awe of.

.5  Good to see you back, Tony!

1.  Hmmm, gonna play some Knights of Pen and Paper +1. Borderlands, Rock Band 3 and some Ni No Kuni

2.  I'd love to see some deal bundles (either an encore of past bundles or a build a bundle) and/or specifically:

Don't Starve

Rogue Legacy

Hey Tony,

Any chance Amazon will get the level 2 & 3 preorder rewards that Steam has for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified? I remember you guys were able to get the rewards for Bioshock Infinite preorders, so I'm hoping the same can happen for The Bureau.

1) Currently playing some Saints Row 2, SOTS: The Pit, and soon Hexen 2.

2) As far as deals maybe some more big indie bundles or a Squeenix Beat Them to the Punch Before it Becomes a Humble Deal Bundle consisting of Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, Quantum Conundrum etc.  Maybe a Sega pack with Colonial Marines, Hell Yeah, Binary Domain, the usual suspects.

Oh maybe some cheap deal on recent Paradox stuff like Impire and Dungeonland.

Oh maybe some cheap deal on recent Paradox stuff like Impire and Dungeonland.
I'd be interested in a good price on Impire (being Paradox, a good price is more than 75% off), and I also second Rogue Legacy and Don't Starve.

I'm playing Dust: Elysian Tail and Radiant Historia this weekend.

Hey guys!

Cheers,
Tony
Tony, good to have you back more often.

1. Some combination of The Secret World, Skyrim, and Bioshock Infinite

2. Love to see a good price on Final Fantasy VII ($7.50 or less). Sure, it only got to steam recently and I played it enough on PS1 that I beat the Emerald Weapon, but I'd love to play it again for achievements.

long time lurker, figured it was about time for a post. Love the way you're working with the community here BTW :)

I'd love to see the Darksiders bundle come back, and maybe a great deal on Black Ops 2.

1.  Thanks to you, I'm trying to catch up and failing horribly - currently playing Borderlands 2, Civ 5 BNW, and Prison Architect, while silently sobbing at my gigantic backlog! :)

2.  What, more games for the backlog!?!?!?!  Well, if you're going to be like that...can you match the steam bundle for Runner 2 good friends bundle? ( Psychonauts, Super Meat Boy, Machinarium, Portal 2, Cave Story+, BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, Runner2 - Good Friends Character Pack for $24.99)

Thanks Tony, I think I'm glad to have you back! :)

-rflagg

1. Trying to finish both story lines in witcher 2 (somewhat playing both sides concurrently) and some cs:go no doubt.

2. ME2 dlc/ ME3 dlc/ Bioware Points for said dlc.

1. The Secret World.

2. Anything awesome at 75% off or better (i.e. "The CAG Rule") that nobody has had at 75% off or better.

Games I'd like to see hit this -> Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition; Bioshock Infinite; Metro: Last Light; Shadowrun Returns; Far Cry 3 + Blood Dragon; Resident Evil 6; Resident Evil: Revelations.
i agree revelations but far cry 3+ blood should dhave steam key side too with it

No idea what I'm going to be playing this weekend. If I have any time, then just a ton of games to get caught up, and clean up any Trading cards I still need to collect in Steam. I am in the mood for some XCOM: Enemy Unknown though. And then Sunday will be devoted to Pikmin 3, of course.

1.  Doom 3 and Tomb Raider (the newish one).

2.  Final Fantasy 7, Bioshock Infinite, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon would each get my monies... provided they are steam keys.  Uplay for Blood Dragon would be acceptable since the Steam version makes you log in there anyways.

Hey guys!

Cheers,
Tony
1. Marvel Heroes, Warframe, and Avengers Alliance for my online gaming habit. Witcher 1 for my core game enjoyment.

2. I await the day that I can buy Batman Arkham City at a flat fee of $5. It would also be nice if you guys partnered with Konami since I've wanted Rocket Knight for years, but it never goes as low as $5 and the upcoming Castlevania: LoS plays like silk and I need it cheap in the future.

It would also be nice to see more added to your Microsoft Library like Pinball FX 2 and Dust.

i agree revelations but far cry 3+ blood should dhave steam key side too with it
About FC3 + Blood Dragon -> Both Non-Steam versions (UPlay) + Steam-versions should go on sale, since they do carry both.

There's no need for Amazon DVG to have say one version cheaper or only one version on sale - that'd be just plain silly!

Some of us (like myself) just don't want to deal w/ both Steam DRM + UbiSoft UPlay "Lite" version DRM found in Steam-version.

I'd rather just deal w/ one DRM - in this case, that'd be just UPlay in the UPlay version.

When dealing w/ Steam-versions, I do feel I should only should have to deal w/ Steam DRM, IMHO.

Hey guys!

Cheers,
Tony
1) I'll probably finish Tomb Raider (2013). Other than that, exams.

2) Ultimate Command and Conquer Collection for <$9

Gunslinger 50% off

Currently playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 and finishing up the default Shadowrun Returns campaign.

In general am looking forward to the return of Tony's Crazy Bundle Mania. That's what Amazon DVG does better than anyone else. Most of the games I've purchased have come in large bundles - Saint's Row 3, Prototype Franchise, Warhammer DoW Franchise, the huge Paradox bundles and 2K bundles. Need new bundles along those lines. (And don't think we're ever gonna forget the now-mythical Complete 1C Bundle!)

1.  right now Dirt 3 (ps3) and Defiance on pc

2.  I really want the first Gears of War, the only place that has it is MS marketplace.  And the Resident Evil games (6, racoon city, revelations).  Other than that I miss bundles.

1. I'm playing Gunpoint, the Last of Us and I'll try to finally beat Bastion this weekend.

2. would love to see the CAG Appreciation bundle return or get a good deal on call of juarez gunslinger.

I'm playing Richard & Alice and Magical Diary with a little Walking Dead thrown in.

Would love to see: Lego Bundle, Pack of Nancys an Mysteries Bundle. And at least half off FF VII.

Very happy to see you back even if I don't post much.

Maybe I am in the minority here, but I really like soundtracks.  I do not know Tony if you can ask the indie game developers if they can at all work on a project to bundle just the soundtracks i.e. the Gamers Musician's Bundle, but that would be really cool.  Games like A Virus Called Tom, Papa and Yo, Flyn'N, etc... all have steam versions with soundtrack editions.  Games like these (with the sound track editions) could be bundled together i.e. one version with and one version without the soundtracks.

Tony, you do an excellent job putting together bundles.  EA, 2k, etc...  Indie bundles could use more love.  With the popularity of steam cards, bundling these games would seem to garner more attention.  Just a thought.

Maybe I am in the minority here, but I really like soundtracks. I do not know Tony if you can ask the indie game developers if they can at all work on a project to bundle just the soundtracks i.e. the Gamers Musician's Bundle, but that would be really cool. Games like A Virus Called Tom, Papa and Yo, Flyn'N, etc... all have steam versions with soundtrack editions. Games like these (with the sound track editions) could be bundled together i.e. one version with and one version without the soundtracks.

Tony, you do an excellent job putting together bundles. EA, 2k, etc... Indie bundles could use more love. With the popularity of steam cards, bundling these games would seem to garner more attention. Just a thought.
Yeah, I like a good soundtrack, as well.

IMHO - ALL games should ship w/ the Original Soundtrack (Score) in the first place.

While I'd like for games to ship w/ licensed music if used, that's not something I usually expect to often happen - especially if it's like GTA series + SR series where the game just ships w/ ridiculous amounts of it to play in-game.

Yeah, I like a good soundtrack, as well.

IMHO - ALL games should ship w/ the Original Soundtrack (Score) in the first place.

While I'd like for games to ship w/ licensed music if used, that's not something I usually expect to often happen - especially if it's like GTA series + SR series where the game just ships w/ ridiculous amounts of it to play in-game.
GTA VC (and i think SA) soundtracks were sold in multi-CD collections. (yes physical)

1. Just finished XCOM and looking for something new.  Might try some of these demos of games everyone's always talking about here: Recetter and Ys Origin...and also Time Gentlemen, Please - the last just cause I picked that one up during the summer sale blind.  Or I might finally get back to my Witcher 1 save that's been waiting to be completed for like a year and a half now.

2.  Like so many others, Rogue Legacy is at the top of my list.  In fact there's so much demand for it I have to wonder how much the publisher even feels the need to discount it.  Barring that, I'm always a sucker for a good Amazon bundle, although there's not a ton left from the Sega/Squeenix catalogs, or older indies, that I even need anymore.

GTA VC (and i think SA) soundtracks were sold in multi-CD collections. (yes physical)
I know they are - and that's one of those primes example of the soundtrack I'd expect NOT to ship w/ a $60 game. For a consumer, that soundtrack's probably as expensive as the game itself...or more!

(usually a one disc LP costs about $10-15, if you buy an album at a Music Store, Bust Buy, Target, Amazon, etc).

Usually, when soundtracks are done, they often are like the length of an EP (30 minutes or less) or LP (up to 80 minutes); sometimes more if the game's huge! I feel those kind of soundtracks should ship w/ the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back