Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, what is up with Bethesda not wanting to sell their games on your site? Amazon is the biggest online retailer in the world, I just don't get it. They even sell their digital games on Gamestop's site. :wall:
I'm starting to believe in a conspiracy where Valve is attempting to lure publishers away from doing business with Amazon. First that Kingdoms of Armalur fiasco where Tony brings it to the holders attention only for them to contact Steam then mysteriously never contact Amazon back. Then Capcom who was selling some games here when they used either no DRM or GFWL now hasn't published one game on Amazon since going Steamworks.

Amazon seems to have no trouble with publishers who either have their own DRM or go DRM free. It's always these publishers who are Steamworks-buddies.

Also, I was a part of a group on Steam that would announce deals for PC games in general. They were forced to shut down for a while by Steam just for including Origin deals. Steam gave them the ultimatum of returning only if they would not show Origin deals again. Deals from other sites were fine for some reason. It's just all really questionable. /end conspiracy

Through August 7, get all three BioShock games in our BioShock Triple Pack for just $34.99 (65% off). You can also get the first two games in our BioShock Dual Pack for just $4.99 (88% off) or get any of the individual BioShock games for 50% off

would be better worded as :

Through August 7, get all three BioShock games in our BioShock Triple Pack for just $34.99 (65% off). You can also get the first two games in our BioShock Dual Pack for just $4.99 (88% off) or get Bioshock Infinite for just $29.99 (50% off).

It is misleading, the last one sounds like a deal. Instead it is misleading the customer to purchase the exact same item at a higher price. It also got me to click thinking I would get the games at less than 5.00$ individually.
Yeah, sorry, not seeing it. It clearly says "any of the individual BioShock games for 50% off", which is exactly what the prices are at. If saying exactly what your sales are is misleading, yes, it's misleading.

It isn't really Amazon's job to hold your hand and make sure you get the very best price. There's nothing wrong with the customer using his eyes and looking to see what's the better deal.

Through August 7, get all three BioShock games in our BioShock Triple Pack for just $34.99 (65% off). You can also get the first two games in our BioShock Dual Pack for just $4.99 (88% off) or get any of the individual BioShock games for 50% off

would be better worded as :

Through August 7, get all three BioShock games in our BioShock Triple Pack for just $34.99 (65% off). You can also get the first two games in our BioShock Dual Pack for just $4.99 (88% off) or get Bioshock Infinite for just $29.99 (50% off).

It is misleading, the last one sounds like a deal. Instead it is misleading the customer to purchase the exact same item at a higher price. It also got me to click thinking I would get the games at less than 5.00$ individually.
how is it misleading, you can get ANY of the INDIVIDUAL bioshock games for 50% off, your way implies you can not buy the bioshock games a la carte.

how is it misleading, you can get ANY of the INDIVIDUAL bioshock games for 50% off, your way implies you can not buy the bioshock games a la carte.
You can buy the bundle for less money than the games individually. Both games for 5$ or buy 1 for 10$?

It is misleading as it is leading the customer to potentially buy a higher price item on your own store. No way you can word or spin a reason as to why the customer should be buying the game at 10$, when they could buy the exact same game in the bundle for 5$. It is the digital games Deal of the week. That is NOT a deal. It is the opposite of a deal.

You can buy the bundle for less money than the games individually. Both games for 5$ or buy 1 for 10$?

It is misleading as it is leading the customer to potentially buy a higher price item on your own store. No way you can word or spin a reason as to why the customer should be buying the game at 10$, when they could buy the exact same game in the bundle for 5$. It is the digital games Deal of the week. That is NOT a deal. It is the opposite of a deal.
What????? Isn't it true with anything that you buy in bulk, you get a better price?

And if the consumer can't do simple basic math to determine $2.50 per game is better than $10 per game, then maybe they deserve to be screwed.

Wow.

Just, wow.

Wow, awesome deal this week. Just picked up the first two Bioshock games for $20! What a steal!

Would it be too much to ask to get the new one for $50? =D *Hint hint* ;)

Paying $4.99 for the Bioshock Dual pack DLC is a bit too steep for me. Maybe we can get a better deal on that soon as well.

Is it just me or is DLC getting more expensive? Bioshock Triple pack DLC for $29.99!? That's more than the cost of the first 2 games!

Haven't seen any response to my post, so just a bump.

Hey Tony,

Any chance Amazon will get the level 2 & 3 preorder rewards that Steam has for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified? I remember you guys were able to get the rewards for Bioshock Infinite preorders, so I'm hoping the same can happen for The Bureau.

Hoping I can get an answer about the Payday 2 pre-order for PC...

The version in the steam store, and the Xbox and PS3 version all mention the Loot Bag pre-order dlc.  However, the PCDD for the game does not.  Tony, can you confirm whether or not the pre-order for Payday 2 PCDD comes with the pre-order dlc?

The version in the steam store, and the Xbox and PS3 version all mention the Loot Bag pre-order dlc. However, the PCDD for the game does not. Tony, can you confirm whether or not the pre-order for Payday 2 PCDD comes with the pre-order dlc?
I asked in this thread and never got an answer. Also asked customer service and they said no, but it seemed more like they werent sure.

Can anyone confirm that the BOXED version of Saints Row IV will require Steam? I see that the PC Download version says that it will require Steam but I don't see anything on the retail box page.

Everything I read indicates that it will require Steam but I can't find an official statement from Deep Silver.
I've asked Aubrey Norris on Twitter for you.

She's a Rep for Deep Silver.

If anybody knows - certainly, she'd know.

EDIT:

I know SR3 PC required Steamworks everywhere period (at both retail and digital) - so, I'd expect more of the same. A lot of Deep Silver's recently-published PC games (Dead Island + Dead Island: Riptide + Metro: Last Light + Risen 2) have went the full-blown Steamworks-only route.

Yeah, sorry, not seeing it. It clearly says "any of the individual BioShock games for 50% off", which is exactly what the prices are at. If saying exactly what your sales are is misleading, yes, it's misleading.

It isn't really Amazon's job to hold your hand and make sure you get the very best price. There's nothing wrong with the customer using his eyes and looking to see what's the better deal.
I was really struggling with how to respond to this. Then I saw that Idiotekque wasn't picking through this paragraph with a fine comb and I'm not sure how we could make this clearer.

It sounds like the feedback here is that the customer is upset that the 50% discount on the Bioshock games a la carte exists at all.

Haven't seen any response to my post, so just a bump.
Most definitely not Spec Ops, we found the $5 credit much more compelling than Spec Ops (since we sell it in bundles for $10 all the time or for $2.49 multiple times per year). Xcom however...

The version in the steam store, and the Xbox and PS3 version all mention the Loot Bag pre-order dlc. However, the PCDD for the game does not. Tony, can you confirm whether or not the pre-order for Payday 2 PCDD comes with the pre-order dlc?
Hey sorry, I missed these questions. Negative, we opted to give a free copy of "TopGun" instead of the Loot Bag DLC.

Cheers,

Tony

The only downer on the bigger pack was the Batman which I already own :) 

In case I forget, THANKS TONY!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooh! Amazon digital games has finally launched in the UK. :)
Does that mean we Americans can all use fake UK McDonalds addresses to buy from them now?

*Edit: They have a section on How to Buy a Digital Game and How to Download a Digital Game. Oh Europe.

In honour of that awesome Mortal Kombat deal, Tony, I went ahead on pre-order The Bureau.  I wanted it anyway, but it was a toss-up between here, GMG, or Steam.  Amazon's $10 credit swayed me here (it is store wide and not limited to 2K titles, right?  Even if it is 2K only, I suppose I can use it for Brave New World eventually), since I've got Spec Ops and the other XCOM titles any way (not that I'd say no if they got added as another bonus).  Also, thanks for matching the PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate pre-order price.  That's another one I'll be picking up soon. :)

My Amazon credit is slowly dwindling.

Darn, no interest in Mortal Kombat, and it's been dropping like a rock.

That pack might be nice for people interested in all the games though...

I was really struggling with how to respond to this. Then I saw that Idiotekque wasn't picking through this paragraph with a fine comb and I'm not sure how we could make this clearer.

It sounds like the feedback here is that the customer is upset that the 50% discount on the Bioshock games a la carte exists at all.

Hey sorry, I missed these questions. Negative, we opted to give a free copy of "TopGun" instead of the Loot Bag DLC.

Cheers,

Tony
This guy seems a bit off. I am however understanding his core complaint as something I find annoying too.

ADVG should display some method of easily viewing the bundles a game is currently available in. Bundled games should be linked, maybe showing in the "similar products" field.

How you guys construct bundles, all sorts of naming conventions, limited-time deals, etc makes it VERY difficult to even find the bundles a game may be in.

An example was the recent rockstar event. there were multiple bundles in that were not listed on the event's landing page but were part of the sale. You guys should do better in that area.

I'm starting to believe in a conspiracy where Valve is attempting to lure publishers away from doing business with Amazon. First that Kingdoms of Armalur fiasco where Tony brings it to the holders attention only for them to contact Steam then mysteriously never contact Amazon back. Then Capcom who was selling some games here when they used either no DRM or GFWL now hasn't published one game on Amazon since going Steamworks.
I give you Ducktales A Wooo Oooh.

Can anyone confirm that the BOXED version of Saints Row IV will require Steam? I see that the PC Download version says that it will require Steam but I don't see anything on the retail box page.

Everything I read indicates that it will require Steam but I can't find an official statement from Deep Silver.
I got confirmation on SR4 PC using Steamworks at Retail also.

A confirmed "YES SIR" from Aubrey Norris of Deep Silver:

https://twitter.com/Chupacaubrey/status/365240427927969793

It's been dropping pretty fast though.. it'll be like $7.50 in a month.
I still don't know if I can wait 1 month for *this* particular game to drop below $10, though...

It's that CAG "75% off or better" rule vs. my major want for MK9.

{my head explodes}

{FATALITY}

Yeah, Indie deals did nothing for me.

It's that MK9 deal that's racking my brain...
Joe Danger is fun if you like stunt bike games. There is also a ton of content in both games, between both what's in the game itself and user-generated stuff up on the Workshop.

As to MK9, if it's going to sit in your backlog, it doesn't hurt to wait. Even though that's a really good deal for it right now, I wouldn't be surprised if it hits 75% off at Christmas now. If you're going to play it now, go for it though. Ultimately it's about $6 difference.

Joe Danger is fun if you like stunt bike games. There is also a ton of content in both games, between both what's in the game itself and user-generated stuff up on the Workshop.

As to MK9, if it's going to sit in your backlog, it doesn't hurt to wait. Even though that's a really good deal for it right now, I wouldn't be surprised if it hits 75% off at Christmas now. If you're going to play it now, go for it though. Ultimately it's about $6 difference.
MK9 is definitely NOT going to hit the backlog, if I do go ahead and buy it...

Darn, no interest in Mortal Kombat, and it's been dropping like a rock.

That pack might be nice for people interested in all the games though...
I have everything in that pack except the newest MK.

TBH it should have launched closer to the 15 dollar mark.

13.50 isn't low enough for a bite though.

Always good to see Amazon bundles though! Keep 'em coming.

Ask and you shall receive:

8/8-8/14:

Core Stuff:

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - 13.49 Immortal Action Pack - 21.99

Indie Stuff:

I'll be posting this soon, my tracker just froze and am waiting for it to reload.

Cheers,

Tony
nice but eh it goign back log so i wait till 75% off till then nd to mysterd quote on 75% in month ew u cant wait but i can wait for month llol i have 2 of the game and the other one i dont want but i wnat mortal kombat komplete but i want 75% off tho lol

Bought Mortal Kombat day one and it was worth every penny, best single player content out there for a fighting game, bar none. Just don't go in expecting to do online matches, the netcode is terrible and the lobbies are buggy. The game has also received zero post release support, but luckily it is quite a good port with relatively few issues (from what I understand, the online multiplayer was terrible on console as well). If you're looking for a quality high-end online multiplayer competitive pc fighting game experience, pick up Skullgirls instead.

That bundle is a pretty amazing deal, that's the type of bundle that keeps Amazon on the top of the heap :bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back