Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta love Street Fighter IV's only review on Amazon.

"It took me three hours to download it and after I started the game it was mad slow. need my money back"

One
TinyStar.png

That critique inspires me to write some real-live shit at Amazon. Soon.

OMG, I'd <3 to see a Humble Capcom Bundle with...

RE 6; RE Rev; SSF4: Arcade Ed + DLC's; DMC 2013; Lost Planet 2; SFxT + DLC's. :D
u mean re6 with dlc re rev dlc and so on ehhe lol or ubisoft old school bundle with anno 2070 compelte far ccry 3 bllodo and driveer sf deluxe with steam key and uplay key yup that would be awesome since none it woudl be on sale humble bundle needs to do those

u mean re6 with dlc re rev dlc and so on ehhe lol or ubisoft old school bundle with anno 2070 compelte far ccry 3 bllodo and driveer sf deluxe with steam key and uplay key yup that would be awesome since none it woudl be on sale humble bundle needs to do those
Yes - Bundles w/ Base Game + ALL DLC's/Expansions/Goodies/Etc is always how it should be done, if they exist. :D

Yes - Bundles w/ Base Game + ALL DLC's/Expansions/Goodies/Etc is always how it should be done, if they exist. :Dyup
yup dlc should be own key so it be fairer. cause it woudlnt be comppelte without dlc that what i do lol im scared of buying games now lol just so far all the bundles are cheap making me feel like backlogging and my saving is way low humble bundle is kicking evryone ass the past month lol

yup dlc should be own key so it be fairer. cause it woudlnt be comppelte without dlc that what i do lol im scared of buying games now lol just so far all the bundles are cheap making me feel like backlogging and my saving is way low humble bundle is kicking evryone ass the past month lol
I'll cool w/ DLC being its own separate key, sure. :D

I don't feel safe buying any of these for fear of the Humble Capcom Bundle...
After the Origin bundle I don't feel safe buying anything anymore. My old rule was 75% at $5 or less with the $5 Amazon Christmas promo. Now I'm thinking of going straight Humble (with the exception of SC Blacklist), these bundles are just madness!

After the Origin bundle I don't feel safe buying anything anymore. My old rule was 75% at $5 or less with the $5 Amazon Christmas promo. Now I'm thinking of going straight Humble (with the exception of SC Blacklist), these bundles are just madness!
The old 75% off or more rule is dead. The new rule is only pay $1 if you're getting at least 5 AAA games. The only exception to this rule is if the game has Steam cards that can be sold for more than the purchase price of the game.

Hey! Are you people taking notes?

The old 75% or more rule is dead. The new rules is only pay $1 if you're getting at least 5 AAA games. The only exception to this rule is if the game has Steam cards that can be sold for more than the purchase price of the game.

Sounds good!

What the heck is with the picture in your icon?

The old 75% off or more rule is dead. The new rule is only pay $1 if you're getting at least 5 AAA games. The only exception to this rule is if the game has Steam cards that can be sold for more than the purchase price of the game.

Spoony needs to update his Steam buying guide:

Rule #1: Humble or GTFO.

Rule #2: See Rule #1.

Rule #3: You don't talk about CheapAssGamer!

Don't forget that each of us is entitled to pre-order a single AAA each year so that we can still bitch and whine about the recent harm done to us by the snakes of the industry. 

Hey guys,

I'm updating the OP now but I wanted to give you a heads up. We've decided to add an incremental $5 Digital Video Games credit to all 7 major upcoming releases:

1. Saint's Row IV

2. The Bureau

3. Final Fantasy XIV - Standard

4. Final Fantasy XIV - Collector's

5. Tom Clancy's Blacklist - Standard

6. Tom Clancy's Blacklist - Deluxe

7. Rome II

This means that, in addition to the existing bonuses (like $10 Amazon credit for The Bureau + XCOM Collection + DLC, or $5 Amazon Credit for Final Fantasy XIV + Early Access + Mog pet) you'll also get a $5 Amazon Digital Video Games credit.

More updates coming.

Cheers,

Tony

Is there a pricing mistake on this? The bundle costs more then the 3 games separately.
But quick, if you act now, you get these lovely Oh So Fine games for only $13.59! You can't pass a deal like this up guys, these games would cost you $9.07 just on their own! But who needs to go through and click needlessly just to save a few bucks, they're all right here!

Well, bad joke aside. Pretty sure this is glitch (and unfortunately not the kind we like), so I guess we should tell Tony ;).

But quick, if you act now, you get these lovely Oh So Fine games for only $13.59! You can't pass a deal like this up guys, these games would cost you $9.07 just on their own! But who needs to go through and click needlessly just to save a few bucks, they're all right here!

Well, bad joke aside. Pretty sure this is glitch (and unfortunately not the kind we like), so I guess we should tell Tony ;).
Thanks for the callout. Clearly I didn't check submissions closely enough before setting up this week's DOTW. Pulled the title while I wait to hear back from DF.

Cheers,

Tony

You forgot RE4. Before you say, "Hey, that'd be great," actually look up the PC version of RE4's history. ;)
As long as you have a controller & depending if you bought USA or Euro version - just make sure you have the version w/ the correct lighting installed. If not - get the patch.

Personally, I loved both RE4 PC & RE5 PC, back when I played them.

SecuROM on Steam? No thank you Capcom. :(
Yeah, this 3rd party DRM found in Steam-versions of games crap needs to STOP.
Obviously publishers keep doing it regardless of what players think, However I feel that it is Amazon's (and any store's) obligation to note ALL DRM a game has. The word Securom is not mentioned anywhere on that page.

Tony I know it was a huge to do to even just get the DRM field in the first place but you guys really need to take into account that some games have two or even 3 layers of DRM and that just because a game is issuing a Steam key does not mean that Steam is the only DRM.

If I bought this after checking the entire Amazon store page for indications of DRM, only saw Steam listed and then it installed it and found out it had Securom on top I'd be seriously pissed.

SecuROM on Steam? No thank you Capcom. :(
Since my experience of purchasing two separate games where Securom made them simply not run, I pretty much automatically don't buy any game that has Securom.

Of course, the 'illegal' versions of the games run without flaws, but I don't dabble in piracy, so I do the only thing I can, boycott Securom protected games the best I can, by abstaining from purchasing.

Obviously publishers keep doing it regardless of what players think, However I feel that it is Amazon's (and any store's) obligation to note ALL DRM a game has. The word Securom is not mentioned anywhere on that page.

Tony I know it was a huge to do to even just get the DRM field in the first place but you guys really need to take into account that some games have two or even 3 layers of DRM and that just because a game is issuing a Steam key does not mean that Steam is the only DRM.

If I bought this after checking the entire Amazon store page for indications of DRM, only saw Steam listed and then it installed it and found out it had Securom on top I'd be seriously pissed.
I absolutely agree w/ this 100%.

B/c of the way I am, I also do check a game's Steam page, just in case the Steam-version ALSO has 3rd-party DRM.

If only we could get Dark Souls: PTD to drop G4WL and have them switch it over to straight-up Steamworks-only, I'd be happy. :D I really like that game, even though I have to tolerate both G4WL + Steam there.

Hopefully, for Dark Souls 2 PC, it uses only Steamworks.

I am guessing Super Street Fighter 4 AE won't come in a steam version? I noticed the rest of the games were Steam and only this was GFWL, which was weird lol.

I am guessing Super Street Fighter 4 AE won't come in a steam version? I noticed the rest of the games were Steam and only this was GFWL, which was weird lol.
Many of Capcom's PC games released before DMC 2013 flat-out at least require G4WL.

If you buy a Steam-version of an older Capcom PC game, there's a good chance it'll use both G4WL + Steam for DRM.

I think many of us will probably wait for Ultra SF4 b/c that'll be flat-out Steamworks-only.

Sounds good!

What the heck is with the picture in your icon?
Idiotique's icon, if you look closely, is a bunch of girls being held captive by nazi's.

A bit of background, before Playboy and the Internet, there were these pulp men's magazines. It was normally good hero's saving chicks who were captured (typically by Nazi's, Japanese, Aliens, etc). Seriously, there were dozens of these mag's out there monthly for men to ... read the stories.

Kind of looks like Bruce Minney but not sure...

Editted:

Damn I knew it.
WORLD+OF+MEN+Bruce+Minney.sm.jpg
It is a Bruce Minney but with with no mag stuff.... concept art?

As long as you have a controller & depending if you bought USA or Euro version - just make sure you have the version w/ the correct lighting installed. If not - get the patch.

Personally, I loved both RE4 PC & RE5 PC, back when I played them.
RE5 is a really good port without requiring mods/patching though. Same for RE6. Only downside for RE5 PC version is that there's no DLC for it.

Many of Capcom's PC games released before DMC 2013 flat-out at least require G4WL.

If you buy a Steam-version of an older Capcom PC game, there's a good chance it'll use both G4WL + Steam for DRM.

I think many of us will probably wait for Ultra SF4 b/c that'll be flat-out Steamworks-only.
yes and we be waiting for one day every steam game has no other drm espicaly limited activiaiton drm secrum. maybe only drm would be mysterd drm which is u can play off steam drm or on steam hehe

RE5 is a really good port without requiring mods/patching though. Same for RE6. Only downside for RE5 PC version is that there's no DLC for it.
So true about RE5 PC.

Yes, it certainly was a better PC version than RE4.

Not sure if RE5 was an actual better game than RE4, though.

You also forgot the other RE5 PC down-side - it uses G4WL. ;)

I'd love to see them on RE5 PC Steam-version pull G4WL out and replace it w/ Steamworks.

EDIT:

yes and we be waiting for one day every steam game has no other drm espicaly limited activiaiton drm secrum. maybe only drm would be mysterd drm which is u can play off steam drm or on steam hehe

I really am not fond of DRM. I do prefer NO DRM. But, Steam is actually the best game-service out there - and it certainly has plenty of benefits w/ it. For me, I really like when a dev sells directly (like Retro City Rampage dev;s did) and/or has a HIB where they're offering you both Steam + DRM-FREE versions. Best of both worlds, if you ask me.

MysterD DRM - or MysterDRM - would be the best ever! It'd be like having a game on Steam + DRM-FREE version. :D So, the game would have a launcher - and then you could select to "Run w/ Steam" or "Run W/Out Steam". Of course, "Run W/Out Steam" option and special EXE wouldn't be available until my game's real old, has no more DLC, and/or has hit the magic 75% off or better sale. ;)

Two things for Tony:

1. Is the Oh So Fine Bundle coming back any time soon?

2. You should know that when you click on the Oh So Fine Bundle in the Deals of the Week section of the Indie store it takes you to the page for Stacking instead.

So true about RE5 PC.

Yes, it certainly was a better PC version than RE4.

Not sure if RE5 was an actual better game than RE4, though.

You also forgot the other RE5 PC down-side - it uses G4WL. ;)

I'd love to see them on RE5 PC Steam-version pull G4WL out and replace it w/ Steamworks.

EDIT:

I really am not fond of DRM. I do prefer NO DRM. But, Steam is actually the best game-service out there - and it certainly has plenty of benefits w/ it. For me, I really like when a dev sells directly (like Retro City Rampage dev;s did) and/or has a HIB where they're offering you both Steam + DRM-FREE versions. Best of both worlds, if you ask me.

MysterD DRM - or MysterDRM - would be the best ever! It'd be like having a game on Steam + DRM-FREE version. :D So, the game would have a launcher - and then you could select to "Run w/ Steam" or "Run W/Out Steam". Of course, "Run W/Out Steam" option and special EXE wouldn't be available until my game's real old, has no more DLC, and/or has hit the magic 75% off or better sale. ;)
I didn't forget to mention that RE5 PC uses GFWL, I just didn't mind it when I played. The 10-15 activation limit does suck though. It didn't seem to conflict with anything, although I do prefer to play with no GFWL.

At least Capcom has stopped using it for their newer PC ports, which is a good sign. RE6 has no additional DRM (aside from Steam).

I didn't forget to mention that RE5 PC uses GFWL, I just didn't mind it when I played. The 10-15 activation limit does suck though. It didn't seem to conflict with anything, although I do prefer to play with no GFWL.

At least Capcom has stopped using it for their newer PC ports, which is a good sign. RE6 has no additional DRM (aside from Steam).
re5 does but usee legendery gwfl activion not the account based which is worst

Thanks for the deals Tony. Nothing grabs me, only thing I'm debating on picking up is the Chronicles of Mystara 4 pack. If anyone is interested going in with me it's $7.80 per copy

Technically, it says there won't be anymore GFWL titles published by Microsoft in the future. It doesn't say anything about third party publishers.
But you can't buy DLC from it anymore so it's effectively dead to publishers too I'm sure. And at least explains the rumours over the past few weeks around various games (such as Arkham City) ditching GfWL on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back