Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon lost my money on this one. I called in when I got home from work and still couldn't give me a time frame for when this issue would be fixed. I cancelled the order and went with GMG instead. I won't be so confident ordering with Amazon for digital preorders in the future.

Preloading now with my Saints Row IV key from GMG.

Hey Tony, I just got my promotional code for [SIZE=10pt]The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. My understanding was the the digital version promotion was good for anything Amazon sold, not just 2K games. Also when I received the code the email said $15 not $10.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]So what is up?[/SIZE]

Thanks.

[SIZE=10pt]Thank you for purchasing "The Bureau: XCOM Declassified" from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $10 credit toward the purchase of select 2K game titles shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 09/30/2014 (certain exclusions apply, including but not limited to Kindle books, Gift Cards, and Amazon Appstore for Android apps).[/SIZE]

Hey Tony, I just got my promotional code for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. My understanding was the the digital version promotion was good for anything Amazon sold, not just 2K games. Also when I received the code the email said $15 not $10.
I received the same notification. Came here to see if there was any clarification.

Thanks in advance.

I got the same e-mail, doesn't work on ANY digital games product, whether it's a 2K Games title or not.  (Yes, I followed the instructions to add the code at the checkout).  The $10 credit was essentially the reason why I pre-ordered through Amazon instead of any of the other retailers, to change it like this is actually pretty crappy.  Especially considering that the store page still has the different promotion for the digital pre-order.

I got the same e-mail, doesn't work on ANY digital games product, whether it's a 2K Games title or not. (Yes, I followed the instructions to add the code at the checkout). The $10 credit was essentially the reason why I pre-ordered through Amazon instead of any of the other retailers, to change it like this is actually pretty crappy. Especially considering that the store page still has the different promotion for the digital pre-order.
I also got the same email. I went ahead and emailed Amazon Customer Support about an hour ago and will be waiting for their reply. I will be very disappointed if they do not fix the issue since that was one of the main reasons why I went with Amazon instead of another place.

I got the same e-mail, doesn't work on ANY digital games product, whether it's a 2K Games title or not. (Yes, I followed the instructions to add the code at the checkout). The $10 credit was essentially the reason why I pre-ordered through Amazon instead of any of the other retailers, to change it like this is actually pretty crappy. Especially considering that the store page still has the different promotion for the digital pre-order.
Too late now, and it probably doesn't matter to you, but in general ONLY enter codes exactly when you're going to use them. They apply to your account and never go away.

Case in point, I almost bought something using a % off discount code once, but decided against it. The next item I bought ended up being cheap, so I wasted it on a cheap item.

Here's a closer look with the date and time:

proof_zpsbc74243e.png

"[...] make contact with personnel in order to [...] make sense of the mysterious code."

Can't make this shit up.

The reviews for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified are pretty negative. Makes me kind of regret pre-ordering it. The amazon credits (assuming it gets straightened out) will be the only thing making it worthwhile for me right now.

Then again, maybe I'll get lucky and actually enjoy the game, but my hopes are low. 

Looks like I'll start with Saints Row IV instead. :)

The reviews for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified are pretty negative. Makes me kind of regret pre-ordering it. The amazon credits (assuming it gets straightened out) will be the only thing making it worthwhile for me right now.

Then again, maybe I'll get lucky and actually enjoy the game, but my hopes are low.

Looks like I'll start with Saints Row IV instead. :)
Well... the last TPS foray into the XCOM world didn't do all that well either...

I'm still super interested in it. Mafia meets XCOM? Yes please. But yeah, I'm like $5 interested.

Hey Tony, I just got my promotional code for [SIZE=10pt]The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. My understanding was the the digital version promotion was good for anything Amazon sold, not just 2K games. Also when I received the code the email said $15 not $10.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]So what is up?[/SIZE]

Thanks.
Hey guys,

Edit: Figured out the problem. Totally my bad. I set up the credit to start working on 8/20, when the game launched, because we weren't aware of the pre-load time (when we charge your credit card and kick off credits) when we set up the promo.

All the credits will start working in about 50 minutes (posted at 11:50 PST).

Sorry about the botched wording, the $10 credit is, in fact, an Amazon general credit. Sorry about the confusion.

I saw a post from someone saying that they couldn't use the credit though. I'm checking the system now to see if there's something amiss.

Cheers,

Tony

Tony, the $5 digital credit works just fine but the $10 code from the email we got is specifically for 2K games and was added to my Software/Video Games credit.

Tony, the $5 digital credit works just fine but the $10 code from the email we got is specifically for 2K games and was added to my Software/Video Games credit.
Final Edit:

Summary:

The email regarding the $10 2K credit was generated erroneously by one of our systems. Everyone who pre-ordered will get a $10 Amazon.com general credit and the credit to get the Xcom collection for free. Again, sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,

Tony

That's really weird. I'm looking for a promotion in my system that would be kicking off that email and I can't find it. I'll keep digging. Don't worry though, this email is set to go out within 48 hours of 8/20:

Thank you for your recent purchase of "The Bureau: XCOM Declassified". Your purchase entitles you to a $10 Amazon.com promotional credit. To redeem your credit visit: http://www.amazon.com/b/?node=979455011 purchase the product of your choice, and your credit will be automatically applied. Credit must be used by 8/20/2014.

and that will apply the $10 general Amazon.com credit to your account.

Summary:

I'm not sure where the email regarding the $10 2K credit came from, and am still investigating. Everyone who pre-ordered will get a $10 Amazon.com general credit and the credit to get the Xcom collection for free. Again, sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,

Tony
Do you know what the issue is/was with the Saints Row IV keys? It doesn't affect me anymore since I had to go elsewhere for it, but is this an issue I would need to worry about in the future with preorders?

Do you know what the issue is/was with the Saints Row IV keys? It doesn't affect me anymore since I had to go elsewhere for it, but is this an issue I would need to worry about in the future with preorders?
Sorry I was working on a response when you posted that you'd cancelled. I'm still waiting for final confirmation (which is why I hadn't responded yet) but I imagine you were erroneously put into one of our manual review queues, which are super long right now with the volume of pre-orders we're taking.

Not a good explanation for you and I'm sorry for the hassle. We're constantly tweaking the systems to try and make sure this doesn't happen. I should have PMed you sooner.

Cheers,
Tony

So, I've now received the $10 general Amazon credit and the XCOM Collection credit, thank you.  When are we supposed to receive the other $5 DVG credit?

Thanks for clearing that up Tony. I got all my promotions this morning.

New question. When I go to buy my XCOM Collection, the promotion used to pay looks like this and I want to make sure that it isn't using that $10 credit that I just got. It just seems strange that it is using two separate credits and not one credit.

PC Download: $59.99 Promotion Applied: -$49.99 Promotion Applied: -$10.00

Thanks for clearing that up Tony. I got all my promotions this morning.

New question. When I got to buy my XCOM Collection, the promotion used to pay looks like this and I want to make sure that it isn't using that $10 credit that I just got. It just seems strange that it is using two separate credits and not one credit.
Yeah, this just happened to me. Now my $10 credit is gone, seiously what is going on?

Yeah, this just happened to me. Now my $10 credit is gone, seiously what is going on?
That's just the way Amazon's system works. It always will try to apply the most generic promo credits first.

I ended up preordering an item to temporarily use up the $10 GC from The Bureau. Then I placed an order for XCOM Collection. After that, I cancelled the previous preorder to get the $10 GC back into my account. Annoying process, but it works and I've done the same before.

Xcom as a shooter game. Not that they didn't tried that before. (and there was syndicate too btw) What were they thinking? As Idiot said, I'm $5 interested, no more than that.

Accidental double post, doh.

I might as well use this post to note that the first, erroneous $10 credit on 2K games doesn't work for me. I was hoping for another free credit like what happened w/ the Bioshock Infinite preorders, but oh well. ;-)

That's just the way Amazon's system works. It always will try to apply the most generic promo credits first.

I ended up preordering an item to temporarily use up the $10 GC from The Bureau. Then I placed an order for XCOM Collection. After that, I cancelled the previous preorder to get the $10 GC back into my account. Annoying process, but it works and I've done the same before.
Thanks! That worked. They really need to allow you to control what credits are used when buying digital content.

Damn!  so my credit is gone?  WTF!  I think this is the last time I preorder any game from Amazon.

Sorry I was working on a response when you posted that you'd cancelled. I'm still waiting for final confirmation (which is why I hadn't responded yet) but I imagine you were erroneously put into one of our manual review queues, which are super long right now with the volume of pre-orders we're taking.

Not a good explanation for you and I'm sorry for the hassle. We're constantly tweaking the systems to try and make sure this doesn't happen. I should have PMed you sooner.

Cheers,
Tony
Thanks for the response. I did ask the guy I talked to if it would be any different if the order was canceled and I ordered again, but he said it was something to do with that particular game and that it would likely happen again. So I tried my best to give you guys the money. :p I'm disappointed on missing that additional $5 credit from Amazon, but I got my game on time and was able to play for a couple hours before going to bed last night. I haven't really had DVG issues before this, so I'll still come back in the future for other titles.

About FFXIV, I need two copies. But the promo says the credit is valid once per customer. Does that mean I should go to GMG for the second copy?

About FFXIV, I need two copies. But the promo says the credit is valid once per customer. Does that mean I should go to GMG for the second copy?
If you're buying PC digital then no. Physical yes, we set our promos up differently (I try to avoid situations that lead to people saying "should I just go buy this somewhere else" lol.

Cheers,

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back