Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd go for that or any Splinter Cell/Ghost Recon games with Steam keys. Does Ubisoft hate Steam now, too?
Most (all?) of Ubisofts games are on Steam. But then they use Uplay anyway. There's little point in buying them on Steam. But if you especially wanted to, I guess they'd expect you to just buy them from Steam?

Some good deals that are better than 75% off or new lows as far as I'm aware:

Microsoft Indie Bundle - $7.49 Includes: DEADLIGHT, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Iron Brigade, Mark of the Ninja, Toy Soldiers

Walking Dead $6.24

The Bridge $5.99

Fable Bundle $7.49 includes: Fable III and its DLC and Fable: The Lost Chapters

Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection (origin) $8.99 includes all the C&C and Red Alert games 

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier (uplay) $4.99

Sam And Max bundle $7.49 includes all the Telltale seasons for the game.

Settlers Bundle (mixed DRM) $9.99 - various settlers games. Dawn of Discovery is known as Anno 1404 here and is DRM free. Settlers 7 is Uplay. Not sure about the rest.

Sega Action Pack $9.99 includes Alien Vs Predator, Binary Domain, Condemned, Hell Yeah, Viking

Syndicate 2 pack (origin) $7.99 for TWO copies

Most (all?) of Ubisofts games are on Steam. But then they use Uplay anyway. There's little point in buying them on Steam. But if you especially wanted to, I guess they'd expect you to just buy them from Steam?
I only buy games with Steam codes. My only exception is if a game is DRM-free.

I don't accept the notion that I should store my games on 15 different services.

To put it succinctly, having my games in one place keeps me sane. :)

I wouldn't buy any Paradox games in the sale just yet.  They're launching a Humble Bundle tonight with every single one of their Steam games except EU4 :D

[edit]

The everything tier is actually $125.  Not sure what is in the PWYW or BTA tiers.  So you'd probably want to see if the game(s) you want in those first.

Ah it doesn't include DLC so you're safe there. :)
Ah, no worries then.

I got The Old Gods, among other things, and that's worth it even when it's full price.

Though, like any CAG, I still waited for a discount...

Tony,

I just bought 2 copies of Aliens: Colonial Marines but the codes don't work in STEAM.  I've loaded many different product codes/games in steam before and this is the first time I've bought a steam game on Amazon, but the code didn't work in steam.  Any suggestions?  I haven't read all 60+ pages of this forum so if I missed something from a previous post, I apologize.  Here is the link on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Sega-Aliens-Colonial-Marines-Download/dp/B009K6YJTS/ref=dsvrt_myd_asin_block

Please Help!

I just restarted it.  After entering the product code, this is the msg I get:

Not Available.  Sorry, but the following items are not available for purchase in this country.  Your purchase has been cancelled.

I know why this has happened now... I am military and trying to do this overseas.  Nevermind... It's been a long day.  It's already late Thursday here. Sorry about that.  Time for bed... so many issues.

I hope everyone has a better THURSDAY than I did.

Thank you very much for adding a "Steam titles" as a filter into the sales deals.  I was able to quickly find and purchase 3 titles.

Feature Request:  Can we add downloaded titles to a shopping cart rather than "Buy and Download"?  Minor thing, but I had to go through three separate purchase transactions, once for each of the 3 games, rather than simply buying all three at once.  Thanks.

If you're talking about the "Steam" link on the Amazon landing page, it seems to be working for me. Try another browser, maybe?
I am getting the same behaviour. The first page of the Steam link works. But when I try to go to the second page, I see the contents of that page appear for a brief second, then disappear. I am using Chrome.

Will we be seeing any kind of deal on Assassin's Creed 3? I'd kill for a deal on it, I know I would be the only one, but I'd buy it at 50% off even although 66%+ would be great.

Just jonesin for some AC action after beating Revelations finally. I've been waiting for the titles to hit like $5-$7.50 but its quality enough that I just can't wait anymore. I don't want to drop $70 on it and the season pass though lol.

[typical MysterD question]

Hmmm...glitches and non-glitches, is this the cheapest GR: Future Soldier has been??

[/[typical MysterD question]
It was part of a 2 for $10 ubisoft game sale like a week or so ago, but this is the cheapest price it's been alone.

I was so excited for this game, IDK why it plummeted in price.. I've never played Ghost Recon actually mostly just want some of that sweet Rainbow Vegas Six action.

Will we be seeing any kind of deal on Assassin's Creed 3? I'd kill for a deal on it, I know I would be the only one, but I'd buy it at 50% off even although 66%+ would be great.

Just jonesin for some AC action after beating Revelations finally. I've been waiting for the titles to hit like $5-$7.50 but its quality enough that I just can't wait anymore. I don't want to drop $70 on it and the season pass though lol.
I'd love to see a decent deal on Brotherhood and Revelations for Uplay (preferably <$5).

It was part of a 2 for $10 ubisoft game sale like a week or so ago, but this is the cheapest price it's been alone.

I was so excited for this game, IDK why it plummeted in price.. I've never played Ghost Recon actually mostly just want some of that sweet Rainbow Vegas Six action.
GR: Future Recon PC version was slammed in reviews in V1.00 for TONS of issues, bugs, etc.

There have been massive & extensive patches to try to fix the problems - it's up to V 1.8 now.

Whether they've fixed 'em all, who knows - I don't have the game...yet.

Might be worth checking their forums.

Also, many have complained GR has gotten further from its original strategy-shooter roots and became...more COD-like in FS.

Regardless, for $5, I'll probably still give it a shot & add it to my eternally increasing backlog.

{shoulder shrug}

I'd love to see a decent deal on Brotherhood and Revelations for Uplay (preferably <$5).
That'd be a killer deal for Brotherhood + Revelations each at $5 or less.

Would be even better for you if they Bundled them two together for $5. ;)

Personally, I'd love to see these:

Far Cry 3 - $10 or less;

FC3: Blood Dragon - $5 or less;

AC3 base game - $10 or less;

AC3 Season Pass DLC - $5 or less.

Of course, I wish Amazon DVG sold the AC3 Season Pass or AC3 Deluxe in a Non-Steam version.

The original Ghost Recon (+ expansions) was fantastic. I played a TON of MP with a couple friends. GRAW2 is great too
I have GRAW 1 + 2 from Retail.

I never finished GRAW1, so I never even began GRAW2 - hehe.

But, yeah - GRAW1 PC, from what I played, was awesome. I just wasn't that good at it.

Never got the original classic GR's, for some reason...

I have GRAW 1 + 2 from Retail.
I never finished GRAW1, so I never even began GRAW2 - hehe.
But, yeah - GRAW1 PC, from what I played, was awesome. I just wasn't that good at it.

Never got the original classic GR's, for some reason...

I don't know if the classic one will be playable now. I'll buy it next time it goes on sale just to check it again (said that about commandos, bought it and never played it)

GRAW1 is great. I played it about 50% and then lost the disk. Some time later (years) bought GRAW2 on Steam. Is mostly most of the same (in a good way) but I found the gameplay a bit better. The interactions are enhaced, the interface is cleaner, that kind of stuff. I'm at 50% of that one too, should play it again soon, was very fun.

mhh oddly the steam filter quick link is not working for me, just getting a blank page.

I am getting the same behaviour. The first page of the Steam link works. But when I try to go to the second page, I see the contents of that page appear for a brief second, then disappear. I am using Chrome.

Steam link is also screwed up for me on Chrome. I don't really feel like using another browser either.

Meh, I guess I'll check back later in the sale or something and see if they fix it.

GR: Future Recon PC version was slammed in reviews in V1.00 for TONS of issues, bugs, etc.

There have been massive & extensive patches to try to fix the problems - it's up to V 1.8 now.

Whether they've fixed 'em all, who knows - I don't have the game...yet.

Might be worth checking their forums.

Also, many have complained GR has gotten further from its original strategy-shooter roots and became...more COD-like in FS.

Regardless, for $5, I'll probably still give it a shot & add it to my eternally increasing backlog.

{shoulder shrug}
I want to add it to my backlog, but uplay is one of the few clients I actually have a problem with.

Gotta reiterate how many handsome deals exist now. I'm not gonna draw extra attention to them, however, because, knowing Amazon, some of these might get al yanked by the end of the day (America).

This is certainly slick doe for $12.50: Age of Empires Bundle [Steam] 2 HD & 3 Complete (can't confirm HD for this one)

Here we go. The sale list with Steam activated titles only. Please let me know if any mistakes, thanks
Error? The current price is $10.

This shit is in the top-2 of my videogame wishlist. Please say it's $8.

Looks like this sale my haul will be:

www.amazon.com/Team-Classics-Manhattan-Chase-Download/dp/B005AKLZ40

Had an eye on it for a while and can't pass on a GTA-Like Genre game for $1.25!

UPlay will eventually die, just like GFWL did.

At that point, it would be in your best interest to have the game registered to Steam.

UPlay will eventually die, just like GFWL did.

At that point, it would be in your best interest to have the game registered to Steam.
Eh, I wouldn't really compare the two. I know people are anti-other clients, but I think stuff like UPlay is going to be around as long as Ubisoft is still around.

Also, thoughts on Manhattan Chase:

You get to choose between a sexy copy and a sexy nun/villain woman. Feels like Halloween and I approve. Game starts with a bad guy/mentor putting a bomb on your cars window. An invisible bomb. You are then told this car is equipped with weapons and will be yours once you pass his challenges three. Hot nun gets into the car and you are set to go! Get to some place in 35 seconds or the car will blow up! Awful driving physics and cars driving against traffic make this difficult, but after the 10th try I make it! Now the cops are after you because I don't know why? Get to the hotel in 40 seconds! Oh no, cops keep cornering you and awful driving physics make it very hard to get around them. Don't make it to the hotel on time, let's try again? No. Let's start all the way from the beginning again. fuck this game.

Any suggestions on prototype? Not sure about the pack for 20$, but 5$ for the first seems tempting
if you want to hold out for the better deal, the pack has been on sale pretty cheap before. I got the Prototype for $9.99 in November 2012.

The first game is definitely the better of the two, though, and well worth the $5. The second game is both better and worse than the original, and falls into the category of "sequels no one asked for and which the developers clearly hadn't planned for."

Any suggestions on prototype? Not sure about the pack for 20$, but 5$ for the first seems tempting
Considering the entire Prototype pack has been both $9.99 and $7.49 from Amazon in the past sorry can't bring myself to pay $20 for this lame sale. They can't even match their old price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back