Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
So you do not know your steam link doesnt work past the first page?

Using Chrome

steps to recreate

1) use the link in the OP

2) when you get to http://www.amazon.com/b/?tag=cheapassgam08-20&node=7266959011 use the steam link

3) use the "next page" at the bottom of the page

Results

The page displays nothing

Expected Results

I get free games.

This is happening to me too.
Using Chrome on Windows 8.
Just filter by steam games AND press the next button in the bottom of the page.

Hey Tony, I am willing to make you prince. I make you prince for small fee or portion of game. How this sound? Also Padington be prince too, but need double fee. Please contact royal treasure with credit card number and I make prince out of YOU!

This very limited offer, first 5000 people only. Don't put off your dream of being prince any longer, have dream now :D

more like 10 minutes. Still kicking myself for being too slow on that one (was in my cart @ $7.49 one moment, $30 the next) :oldman:
I already own from Amazon DVG the Sonic Action Pack.

Only a few games missing, when comparing Sonic Action Pack (Amazon DVG) from Sonic Hits Pack (Steam).

Will wait for the games I'm missing and hopefully wait for it to brick more (i.e. Sonic Adventure 2 + DLC & Sonic Racing Transformed + DLC).

Damn, we need a Sega Humble Bundle. ;)

And a Sonic Humble Bundle. ;)

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the summer sale - I'll be picking up Bioshock 1 and 2 and some Sims 3 DLC goodness to go along with the Sims 3 base game that I got in the Humble Bundle. 

Quick request for the future: any chance we could get some discounted DLC for Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3?   Origin never puts the DLC for these games on sale (or at the least its really rare).  I would love to buy the DLC Origin codes on Amazon instead of directly on Origin.

Also, has anyone in the thread ever linked their Amazon and Origin accounts?  I saw the option as on Amazon today and I was wondering how it works.  Does the Origin game you purchase automatically appear in your games library on Origin?

Quick request for the future: any chance we could get some discounted DLC for Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3? Origin never puts the DLC for these games on sale (or at the least its really rare). I would love to buy the DLC Origin codes on Amazon instead of directly on Origin.
Oh, I'd love to see BioWare Points go dirt-cheap on Amazon DVG.

I'm missing A LOT of DLC for ME2, ME3, and DA2 - since those DLC's and BioWare Points almost NEVER go on sale.

Also, has anyone in the thread ever linked their Amazon and Origin accounts? I saw the option as on Amazon today and I was wondering how it works. Does the Origin game you purchase automatically appear in your games library on Origin?
Yeah, you actually have to provide your Origin credentials or make a new Origin account during the purchase process.

Oh, I'd love to see BioWare Points go dirt-cheap on Amazon DVG.

I'm missing A LOT of DLC for ME2, ME3, and DA2 - since those DLC's and BioWare Points almost NEVER go on sale.
Doesn't even have to be that cheap. Even a little discount would be better than the ridiculous prices on Origin. I mean, I'm sorry, but I'm just not paying full price for DLC for a game that came out in 2011. Even more so when buying the actual complete game is cheaper than buying the DLC. It's just...no, I won't do it.

Thanks for taking one for the team there, fox.

Like others have said, that [prototype complete pack $7.50] was always Activision. And that sale price was basically unbelievable at the time, I doubt we'll see it again anytime close to soon.
Yeah, that was an amazing price compared to activisions price before and since. And I still remember that cheap black ops pack that got canceled.

Hey Tony, will you ever reveal to us the secret of the success of breaking through Activisions "we can't make amazing sales" shell with regards to prototype? It was so random, everyone was surprised at the time, and they never even came close to matching that price since. I hope they do something like it again sometime soon. There is 0% chance I am gonna pay $15 for a 5+ year old game, such as the call of dutys, so that is a 100% loss of sale for them.

Sorry if this has been asked before but does the Ghost recon:FS download only or Amazon will just give me a uplay key?

Yeah, that was an amazing price compared to activisions price before and since. And I still remember that cheap black ops pack that got canceled.

Hey Tony, will you ever reveal to us the secret of the success of breaking through Activisions "we can't make amazing sales" shell with regards to prototype? It was so random, everyone was surprised at the time, and they never even came close to matching that price since. I hope they do something like it again sometime soon. There is 0% chance I am gonna pay $15 for a 5+ year old game, such as the call of dutys, so that is a 100% loss of sale for them.
Believe me, if I knew the secret I'd use it more often :(.

Hey Tony, both the Sleeping Dogs Bundle and the Sleeping Dogs DLC Pack are showing as currently unavailable. However, all of the content in those packs is showing as available when you look at them individually. Did you guys just run out of bundle keys?
They were configured incorrectly, we just fixed :). Might take a bit for the fix to take affect.

Cheers,

Tony

$2 steam the maw. Awesome. $7.50 toy soldiers, mark of the ninja, deadlight, some double fine game and the double fine mech game. Awesome? Code masters pack $11 would be OK for $1

thanks Tony, I deal with that on a daily basis for tickets I open or tickets that people on my team open. Our favorite thing to hear is a dev say "cannot recreate on my local machine"!

smhlol

I'm not sure what you're referencing. Thanks for the offer though.

Cheers,
Tony
this (below)

Great deals.

Qs for Tony:

1) Do you expect your Steam and Origin key-reserve to last until September 8th?

2) Are these games locked in to their respective prices until 9/8?

3) Is there any potential for a solo discount on Burnout Paradise Bonus Vehicle Pack?

4) Any possibility of a Street Fighter IV discount later on?
Tony, this is where your answers go. Good looks!

Here we go. The sale list with Steam activated titles only. Please let me know if any mistakes, thanks
Error? The current price is $10.

This shit is in the top-2 of my videogame wishlist. Please say it's $8.

Both Tony and Mr. Pink can answer this.

$2 steam the maw. Awesome. $7.50 toy soldiers, mark of the ninja, deadlight, some double fine game and the double fine mech game. Awesome? Code masters pack $11 would be OK for $1
I'm surprised someone didn't have The Maw. It was exploited so much back with the launch of the indie store, you could have pretty much snagged a copy any day of the week in the trade or code drop thread. The Microsoft Studios bundle on the other hand is very tempting. Too bad I already own half of them on 360 :whistle2:( I'm kinda confused on what the other double fine game in it is though, unless you are mistaking Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet for a game they developed.

I'm surprised someone didn't have The Maw. It was exploited so much back with the launch of the indie store, you could have pretty much snagged a copy any day of the week in the trade or code drop thread. The Microsoft Studios bundle on the other hand is very tempting. Too bad I already own half of them on 360 :whistle2:( I'm kinda confused on what the other double fine game in it is though, unless you are mistaking Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet for a game they developed.
Exploited? You had to buy something to get it, and most of the time there wasn't anything worth while to buy.

EDIT: Oh wait, every promo credit to "buy" a game for free resulted in more promo credits, so it was a never ending cycle of free games. Now I remember.

do the bundle keys usually sell out fast during sales weekend? or think I can wait for sunday to buy?
Usually, yes. These ones? Eh.

If you're really interested in the Microsoft Indie Bundle or the Fable Bundle, I'd say those are the only two that could possibly sell out. Pretty much this entire sale is repeats for higher prices...

Hey Tony,

I'd still like to re-iterate that I think a lot of people would be interested in a good discount on Assassins Creed 3. Maybe it's too late for this deal, but could we expect something in the near-ish future? Or at least before AC4 comes out? Well hopefully well before then, I'm actually considering pre-ordering AC4 if AC3 is as good as the rest have been (supposedly even better so I think that's a given). 

Well I feel dumb for asking, but just thought I'd shoot it out there so it's in your mind :) I already got AC1, AC2, AC:B, and AC:R from Amazon so I figure we should continue the trend!

ps. I hate how some games get discounted so much quicker and more on consoles, wtf up with that publishers?

Hey Tony,

I'd still like to re-iterate that I think a lot of people would be interested in a good discount on Assassins Creed 3. Maybe it's too late for this deal, but could we expect something in the near-ish future? Or at least before AC4 comes out? Well hopefully well before then, I'm actually considering pre-ordering AC4 if AC3 is as good as the rest have been (supposedly even better so I think that's a given).

Well I feel dumb for asking, but just thought I'd shoot it out there so it's in your mind :) I already got AC1, AC2, AC:B, and AC:R from Amazon so I figure we should continue the trend!

ps. I hate how some games get discounted so much quicker and more on consoles, wtf up with that publishers?

T-Bone still has a queue of unanswered questions starting with one from at least 14 hours ago.

tumblr_ln3jdg6f4s1qb22s7o1_500.gif

Tony is the dexterous mistress and questions are the arrows.

I'm wondering when The Patriots are gonna let go of Tebow... ;)
4-negrodamus.jpg

The New England Patriots will release Tim Tebow immediately after he legally changes his name to Tim Tebow J Simpson.

The team will replace fans' dark jerseys with white ones.

Hey Tony, both the Sleeping Dogs Bundle and the Sleeping Dogs DLC Pack are showing as currently unavailable. However, all of the content in those packs is showing as available when you look at them individually. Did you guys just run out of bundle keys?

They were configured incorrectly, we just fixed :). Might take a bit for the fix to take affect.

Cheers,

Tony
Hey Tony, it's been over six hours since your reply and still no availability on the Sleeping Dogs DLC Pack. The Sleeping Dogs Bundle went active just a few minutes after you replied. Maybe something went wrong with the fix on the DLC Pack?

Highlight of the sale for me. Sega Action Only Pack $9.99

EDIT: According to the camel, this pack was available at this price during the summer sale. So since it's a repeat, YMMV on the quality of the deal. I somehow overlooked it during the summer sale. So it looks pretty smashing to me.

EDIT #2: I stand corrected. This is the best deal in the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back