Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
That shit = free games.

I've made over $77 while attempting to expend the least amount of effort possible and that figure doesn't include hat sales from way back.

That $ goes a long way during sales.
I just got into the PC gaming scene...are there explanations out there for what you're referring to (hat sales?)? Not sure what I understand what that means, but I could go for free games.

I just got into the PC gaming scene...are there explanations out there for what you're referring to (hat sales?)? Not sure what I understand what that means, but I could go for free games.
He means Team Fortress 2 hats, one of Valve's many ingenious gimmicks creations. You can now sell items from TF2 and a few other games on the Steam Market, so you can essentially make free money off of selling digital items. Steam trading cardz however, that's where the real moneys at :bouncy:

Steam is the world's foremost hat sales simulator and collectable card game.

Don't take him too seriously. He pops in now and then and just posts troll posts usually revolving around "fallout 3 sucks ass". Your cool, collected breakdown was great, but probably completely wasted on him. That's just how he is.
I remember him, I believe I called him a vaginal cleansing product.

I finished Fallout 3 during my silencing, fucking awesome game, started New Vegas as soon as I was finished and so far I've recognized places I've actually been to. (The haunted saloon in Goodsprings and the big giant dinosaur that was also in Pee Wee's Big Adventure) How can that not be fucking awesome?
then to have that guy snipe that bookworm as she stood next to me
so far that's as far as I've gotten in the limited time I've played.

vessel steam key 9JNPA-TPPL5-C4LK7

I'm sorry - but Fallout 3 was fantastic. And yes, so was Fallout: New Vegas.

Fallout 1 + 2 were also great - the "main" games in that series have been great, if you ask me.
Totally agree with this.

damn, I was looking forward to it, I miss pinball. I used to have pinball machines when I was growing up so maybe its just nostalgia. How is the other pinball game on steam, the free one with all the dlc?
If your looking for pinball games look into Future Pinball .. it's 100% free.

The program is a Pin Sim as well as a table editor.

People have made probably thousands of machines by now (been a while since I used the program), but people create their own tables from scratch and just about every pinball machine that was in an arcade somehere has been recreated in Future Pinball.

Im my opinion FP out does any of the paid pinball games I have tried over the years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pnsnq_4i3A

People have made probably thousands of machines by now (been a while since I used the program), but people create their own tables from scratch and just about every pinball machine that was in an arcade somehere has been recreated in Future Pinball.

Im my opinion FP out does any of the paid pinball games I have tried over the years.

thanks, I'll give it a try

also this is a first for me

sunasun,

Jame Retief has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "Vessel giveaway".

Jame Retief said:

I wanted to say thank you for the Vessel Steam key you gave away in the Amazon thread. I've been a lurker on CAG forever and since I was able to redeem the Steam code you posted, I registered to say thank you in the thread.

However, there is a 2 day wait for new members to post in the forums and I wanted to let you know that it was appreciated, hence this message. :)

Thank you!

Definately give Pinball FX2 a go (now that it has a free table. FX2 is quite slick video pinball and the free table is a good showcase (some of their other tables I don't like so much, e.g. V12). The cheapest the DLC tables have been is 50% off on the summer sale. However it is video pinball -- it is not a pinball sim. It's also available on android under a different name: Zen Pinball HD.
Balls of Steel would be considered video pinball, right?

Good looks!

Walking Dead 400 Days got price matched with Steam for a cool $2.50. 

Anyone who just needed the DLC take advantage of it now.

i also didn't get anything. i'll wait for bioshock inf. and far cry 3 (steam) possibly till end of the year when prices drop further.

COD4: MW was the first FPS to succeed at doing the "Competitive MP has a level-progression system." And unfortunately, MANY of FPS game w/ competitive MP has been copying it for YEARS - and COD series still does this better than most.
So this makes the game a masterpiece, how exactly??? It is a masterpiece but it is 'unfortunate' that other games are copying it? How about you play some DOOM and experience what a masterpiece FPS that 'perfected' 'evolutionized' and 'revolutionized' the genre is actually like? I sure do wish there were more games 'unfortunately' copying DOOM these days, alas consoles can't properly handle a frantically fast-paced game like DOOM so instead we get nice, generic, multiplatform-friendly 'masterpieces' like Call of Duty and Friends™...

As for Bioshock 1 + Bioshock: Infinite - some of the best stories, game-worlds & characters put forth in games period.
If you say so, I strongly disagree. While it is true that Ken Levine has helped make some real masterpieces (System Shock and Thief) over the years, I don't think BioShock derserves to be counted among them. I could name 20 games (System Shock and Thief included) with stories, game-worlds, & characters that I would take over BioShock's any day of the week. But if you are making a statement like this, then perhaps you haven't played many (or any) of the games I would name.

As for DA:O - I'd like to know how the hell you think the PC version of that was "consolized" & "dumbed-down".
Oh dear. Well instead of making a combat system that was, you know, interesting they decided for some inscrutable reason to copy the combat system from WoW. Cooldowns and aggro and dps oh my. And much like WoW you spend most of the time using this wonderful system to fight meaningless hordes of trash mobs in a series of dull corridors. Oh Deep Roads, what an AMAZING and FUN dungeon you are, I absolutely love killing the same boring trash over and over for 20 hours! But it's all good because when you kill enemies you get covered in that kewl blood spatter, it's like all grim and dark and serious! And Bioware is so innovative they even copied the amazing WoW armor tier system! You know bro I think I've changed my mind, truly Dragon Age is a masterpiece and Bioware are master RPG-makers.

I could talk about the retardo story and characters and how they make no sense, but really why even bother? It's fucking BioWare, David Gaider and Friends™ are utterly incapable of writing anything good. I think the only video game writers more incompetent than the ones at BioWare are the chucklefucks that wrote Fallout 3. Speaking of which

I agree completely with TripJack, Fallout 3 made absolutely no sense and was complete shit. Todd Howard should be tarred, feathered, and sent to a Siberian gulag for creating such an abomination.
I have enhanced your post, it is much saner now.

FYI for those looking at the GMG sale right now we'll have the following bundles on sale next week at these prices:

Hitman Bundle: $8.99

Hitman Absolution Professional

Hitman Codename 47

Hitman 2

Hitman Blood Money

Square Enix Hits Bundle: $14.24

Sleeping Dogs

Tomb Raider

Square Enix Gamer's Bundle: $14.99

Deus Ex Augmented

Sleeping Dogs

Just Cause 2

Just Cause 2 Black Market Aerial Pack

Cheers,

Tony

Anyone know if these are separate keys in this bundle?  just asking because I already own hitman

Sleeping Dogs

Tomb Raider

Anyone know if these are separate keys in this bundle? just asking because I already own hitman

Sleeping Dogs

Tomb Raider
Let me speak for Tony, as Paddington, to answer this question.

Ruff.

In case you don't speak labradoodle, that means yes, they will be separate keys.

Hey Tony, both the Sleeping Dogs Bundle and the Sleeping Dogs DLC Pack are showing as currently unavailable. However, all of the content in those packs is showing as available when you look at them individually. Did you guys just run out of bundle keys?

They were configured incorrectly, we just fixed :). Might take a bit for the fix to take affect.

Cheers,

Tony
Hey Tony, the Sleeping Dogs DLC Pack was never fixed, so it was unavailable the entire time it was on sale. Since it's going to be on sale again on the 7th, I thought you might want to try fixing it again.

FYI for those looking at the GMG sale right now we'll have the following bundles on sale next week at these prices:

Hitman Codename 47

Hitman 2

Hitman Blood Money

Sleeping Dogs

Tomb Raider

Deus Ex Augmented

Sleeping Dogs

Just Cause 2

Cheers,

Tony
Purely Awesome deals :bow:

Hitman Codename 47

Hitman 2

Hitman Blood Money

Sleeping Dogs

Tomb Raider

Deus Ex Augmented

Sleeping Dogs

Just Cause 2

Cheers,

Tony
Good days are here again...thanks Tony, Enix hits is really nice - will be picking it up.

I'm pretty sure Paddington doesn't bark like he dog, he ROARS like a bear!!!
Personally... I don't see a ROAR coming from this:

[customspoiler='Paddington']
gp75Jsy.jpg
[/customspoiler]

And wouldn't a ROAR mean [customspoiler='ROAR']Get the fuck away from me before I rip you to shreds![/customspoiler] and not Yes?

Personally... I don't see a ROAR coming from this:

[customspoiler='Paddington']
gp75Jsy.jpg
[/customspoiler]

And wouldn't a ROAR mean [customspoiler='ROAR']Get the fuck away from me before I rip you to shreds![/customspoiler] and not Yes?
I'm pretty sure that makes a ROAR!!!!

Why else would it be named after the most bad ass bear ever?

So this makes the game a masterpiece, how exactly??? It is a masterpiece but it is 'unfortunate' that other games are copying it? How about you play some DOOM and experience what a masterpiece FPS that 'perfected' 'evolutionized' and 'revolutionized' the genre is actually like? I sure do wish there were more games 'unfortunately' copying DOOM these days, alas consoles can't properly handle a frantically fast-paced game like DOOM so instead we get nice, generic, multiplatform-friendly 'masterpieces' like Call of Duty and Friends™...

If you say so, I strongly disagree. While it is true that Ken Levine has helped make some real masterpieces (System Shock and Thief) over the years, I don't think BioShock derserves to be counted among them. I could name 20 games (System Shock and Thief included) with stories, game-worlds, & characters that I would take over BioShock's any day of the week. But if you are making a statement like this, then perhaps you haven't played many (or any) of the games I would name.

Oh dear. Well instead of making a combat system that was, you know, interesting they decided for some inscrutable reason to copy the combat system from WoW. Cooldowns and aggro and dps oh my. And much like WoW you spend most of the time using this wonderful system to fight meaningless hordes of trash mobs in a series of dull corridors. Oh Deep Roads, what an AMAZING and FUN dungeon you are, I absolutely love killing the same boring trash over and over for 20 hours! But it's all good because when you kill enemies you get covered in that kewl blood spatter, it's like all grim and dark and serious! And Bioware is so innovative they even copied the amazing WoW armor tier system! You know bro I think I've changed my mind, truly Dragon Age is a masterpiece and Bioware are master RPG-makers.

I could talk about the retardo story and characters and how they make no sense, but really why even bother? It's fucking BioWare, David Gaider and Friends™ are utterly incapable of writing anything good. I think the only video game writers more incompetent than the ones at BioWare are the chucklefucks that wrote Fallout 3. Speaking of which

I have enhanced your post, it is much saner now.
Assuming I have NOT played Doom is a mistake. I've been gaming since the arcades in the 80's when I was a kid and my first console was a Atari 7800. Indeed, I do have Doom: Collector's Ed from Retail; Doom 3 + ROE. While we're at it - Wolfenstein 3D was great and revolutionary. If it wasn't for Id Software with Wolf 3D + Doom, FPS's wouldn't exist and be as popular as they are today.

Just b/c games like COD series doesn't follow the "old school formula" doesn't mean they suck. No, they're just different - much different. COD4 dropped a bomb on the game industry - and many been copying its formula, in both the SP and MP for a FPS. SP for those - more or less - are a linear straight line. It's also unfortunate many FPS's forgot the maze-like design that old classics like Shadow Warrior, 2.5D Doom games, and DN3D has going on. I wish we had more shooters that used health-packs instead of health-regen. It's unfortunate every FPS wants to copy COD's "level progression system." Personally, I would love to see more old-school FPS's like Unreal 1, UT, Quake 3 Arena - where there is no level progression system at all; it's all based on how damn good of a player you actually are. That's the problem this industry has - too many clones, not enough diversity; but, it's always been like that here (i.e. look at all the Doom clones, Myst clones & COD clones over the years). Different breeds and styles of games SHOULD exist, as far as I'm concerned.

I'd love to see more full-control style party-based RPG's like BG2, NWN2, and DAO come out, to be honest. At least we have Shadowrun Returns and the upcoming Wasteland 2, for starters.

And yes - Thief was great. There's no doubt about that, since that invented the first-person sneaking genre and popularized it.

Nobody ever claimed Bethesda was that great writing. Hell, I'll even be the first to tell you that - in an ideal world, I'd have Obsidian doing all their writing. ;) But when it comes to creating what are, more or less, huge open game-worlds that feel like offline MMO's that you never feel like you're ever going to finish and you will keep coming back to - IMHO, you can't do much better than Bethesda.

Assuming I have NOT played Doom is a mistake. I've been gaming since the arcades in the 80's when I was a kid and my first console was a Atari 7800. Indeed, I do have Doom: Collector's Ed from Retail; Doom 3 + ROE. While we're at it - Wolfenstein 3D was great and revolutionary. If it wasn't for Id Software with Wolf 3D + Doom, FPS's wouldn't exist and be as popular as they are today.

Just b/c games like COD series doesn't follow the "old school formula" doesn't mean they suck. No, they're just different - much different. COD4 dropped a bomb on the game industry - and many been copying its formula, in both the SP and MP for a FPS. SP for those - more or less - are a linear straight line. It's also unfortunate many FPS's forgot the maze-like design that old classics like Shadow Warrior, 2.5D Doom games, and DN3D has going on. I wish we had more shooters that used health-packs instead of health-regen. It's unfortunate every FPS wants to copy COD's "level progression system." Personally, I would love to see more old-school FPS's like Unreal 1, UT, Quake 3 Arena - where there is no level progression system at all; it's all based on how damn good of a player you actually are. That's the problem this industry has - too many clones, not enough diversity; but, it's always been like here. Different breeds and styles of games SHOULD exist, as far as I'm concerned.

I'd love to see more full-control style party-based RPG's like BG2, NWN2, and DAO come out, to be honest. At least we have Shadowrun Returns and the upcoming Wasteland 2, for starters.

And yes - Thief was great. There's no doubt about that, since that invented the first-person sneaking genre and popularized it.

Nobody ever claimed Bethesda was that great writing. Hell, I'll even be the first to tell you that - an an ideal world, I'd have Obsidian doing all their writing. ;) But when it comes to creating what are, more or less, huge open game-worlds that feel like offline MMO's that you never feel like you're ever going to finish and you will keep coming back to - IMHO, you can't do much better than Bethesda.
While I admire your determination, and you explain your points very thoroughly, you should know by now that's it's pointless and TripJack is just trolling you.[customspoiler='It's not worth your time']
Remember-Don-t-Feed-the-Trolls-fanpop-22675484-412-341.jpg
[/customspoiler]

~$5 for those recently released Squeenix games? Expecting their Humble Bundle within a couple of months.
I would like you to set an exact date at which you think the Square Enix humble bundle will have occurred by, because you've been predicting it since the THQ Humble bundle, and it has yet to occur.

So stop making predictions like a cable news pundit would and tell me the cutoff at which point you'll be in the wrong if there is not in fact a Square Enix humble bundle that includes at least two of those three games.

You say a couple months, so I'll be generous and start you off with November 15th, 2013.

How does that sound for a date?

If it happens I will buy you that bundle.

If it doesn't, you can never use the phrase "bundle fodder" on CAG ever again.

Care to make that deal?

DOOM sucks lol. 2.5D more like Suck.5D.

Only idiot is allowed to post long winded rants that nobody reads
Damn straight.

Dude, don't bother. He's one of those closeminded elitist asshats who insists on his choice few games being superior to all else, and everything else being crap and deserving of nerdrage ridicule. He makes Mooby and Bruticus look good.

It's as if championing his favorite "masterpiece" games makes him worth more as a person, because he's created some artificial symbiosis with these games, therefore building them up and praising them bolsters his own self-worth. At the same time, horribly criticizing the games you like makes him feel even better about his games, and connectively himself, in the same way that one with low self-esteem would insult your person to make himself feel better.

This message brought to you by closet-psychologist Idiotekque©.

Does anybody have any discount coupon that can be used on Battlefield 3: Premium (even with the discounted price)? 2 months ago when there were the "AMZN Summer Deals" - there was a discount coupon ("Gooncave") that was usable for all games and packs that adds an extra bonus discount. Currently on these sales – no discount coupons, nothing.

Thanks.

Does anybody have any discount coupon that can be used on Battlefield 3: Premium (even with the discounted price)? 2 months ago when there were the "AMZN Summer Deals" - there was a discount coupon ("Gooncave") that was usable for all games and packs that adds an extra bonus discount. Currently on these sales – no discount coupons, nothing.

Thanks.
There are no coupons going on right now. They aren't a regular occurrence.

Sleeping Dogs

Tomb Raider
These are all Steamworks right? I kind of recall Hitman having some kind of region locking, can anyone confirm? Apparently only the Russian and Asian versions are locked, the NA and EU versions seem to be region free.

Hopefully the Sleeping Dogs DLC bundle will also be on sale. :bouncy:

So speaking of GMG Tony, any chance of a better deal on a Dragon Age bundle? GMG have Origins, 2, and all the DLC for $8 after voucher, could we possibly be seeing this matched and/or beaten*? :pray:

*wishful thinking, but one can dream right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back