Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
There're many coupon-sites on Internet, so they should be "regular occurrence" in my opinion. Only for digital games there aren't any "late summer deals" coupons, that's all.

I would like you to set an exact date at which you think the Square Enix humble bundle will have occurred by, because you've been predicting it since the THQ Humble bundle, and it has yet to occur.

So stop making predictions like a cable news pundit would and tell me the cutoff at which point you'll be in the wrong if there is not in fact a Square Enix humble bundle that includes at least two of those three games.

You say a couple months, so I'll be generous and start you off with November 15th, 2013.

How does that sound for a date?

If it happens I will buy you that bundle.

If it doesn't, you can never use the phrase "bundle fodder" on CAG ever again.

Care to make that deal?
About Humble Bundles: for me, they seem to be the chance to "pick up something/some things that I am missing" - especially since I do buy TONS of games. Like the EA Origin Humble Bundle - it can be ONE game I'm missing and I'm in (Dead Space 3, anyone?). When you're talking a $1 minimum, how can you go wrong if it's ONE game that I'm missing that I been wanting to play & dropping that kind of minimum money on it?

We can kick, scream, wait, & hope for companies to do HB's - but, where will that get us?

We often don't know when and from who they're coming!

75% off for backlogging is my usual breaking point for games.

For anything on the ASAP list - it can be any price. I do try to aim for 50% off or better on ASAP titles, but that don't always work out.

There're many coupon-sites on Internet, so they should be "regular occurrence" in my opinion. Only for digital games there aren't any "late summer deals" coupons, that's all.
You do realize those coupon sites are usually littered with false, old, or "coupons" that are simply advertisements saying "hey there's a sale here", right?

I mean, I agree. I wish Amazon had more coupons, but only some sites do universal coupons on a regular basis. GMG and GameFly are good for that, though GameFly's sales are kinda sparse

DOOM sucks lol. 2.5D more like Suck.5D.

Damn straight.

Dude, don't bother. He's one of those closeminded elitist asshats who insists on his choice few games being superior to all else, and everything else being crap and deserving of nerdrage ridicule. He makes Mooby and Bruticus look good.

It's as if championing his favorite "masterpiece" games makes him worth more as a person, because he's created some artificial symbiosis with these games, therefore building them up and praising them bolsters his own self-worth. At the same time, horribly criticizing the games you like makes him feel even better about his games, and connectively himself, in the same way that one with low self-esteem would insult your person to make himself feel better.

This message brought to you by closet-psychologist Idiotekque©.

Now, here's the thing - we all have different tastes and look at things from different viewpoints. Some of us are more forgiving than others on things.
I like to normally look at pro's and con's. Some times, depending on how you look at things - something can be a pro in one way, but a con in another. The Gift and The Curse, namely - like the title Jay-Z's 2nd Blueprint album...and like that actual (bloated) album itself, as well. ;) It's worth noticing the con(s), even if you overlook (somewhat or completely) a con or multiple cons b/c something else was done better and/or differently than any other game before it.

I have a tendency to not get along w/ strategy games. I'm not gonna bash someone for loving Total War: Rome 2 b/c I don't like it. It's just...they haven't become my cup of tea yet - nor am I certain if they ever will. I don't know - I probably need a "not-so-strategic" game to rope me in, so I can actually want more complex ones.

I wasn't referring to you specifically. Just thought it was funny I had like 4 threads open and couldn't tell which one was which based on reading the comments. ;)
Doesn't matter to me, if you were referring to me or not.

I made a joke - well, I tried to, at least!

Whether you found it funny or not, that's your call. ;)

I don't know what ya'll have been playing but everyone knows this game

header.jpg

has the best storyline ever.

Also, Tony any chance for Dream Pinball 3d to have a Steam key? :)

So speaking of GMG Tony, any chance of a better deal on a Dragon Age bundle? GMG have Origins, 2, and all the DLC for $8 after voucher, could we possibly be seeing this matched and/or beaten*? :pray:

*wishful thinking, but one can dream right?
I could do some wishful thinking & dreaming here, too....

We need DA2: ALL DLC Only Pack and/or some BioWare Points to go DIRT-CHEAP. ;)

I would take the bioware points over the DA2 dlc pack. I have a lot more DLC to buy from Bioware and these things never go on sale.

Doesn't matter to me, if you were referring to me or not.

I made a joke - well, I tried to, at least!

Whether you found it funny or not, that's your call. ;)
AJ Lee making u crazy isnt she :). and that nice sale but i kind of took a littlle backseat after i made people all crazy

GMG has coupons if that's your thing.
You do realize those coupon sites are usually littered with false, old, or "coupons" that are simply advertisements saying "hey there's a sale here", right?

I mean, I agree. I wish Amazon had more coupons, but only some sites do universal coupons on a regular basis. GMG and GameFly are good for that, though GameFly's sales are kinda sparse
Both GMG & GameFly have coupons system, but they both are crap sites.

They have strong fraud systems, unlike AMZN's. GF verify the order by phone (lol), and all other not so good things that happens. That's why I've removed those two sites from my mind, because they're totally useless for me (and my needs).

With AMZN only with TWO CLICKS and I'm receiving the key, no matter what billing address I fill up, what telephone or so. Saving so much time and hassle. That's why I prefer AMZN and therefore looking for coupons for it. GMG & GameFly need to update their sites and fix their issues with orders, phones and other crazy things that are useless to be "Verified" or so.

Tony, I don't know if it has been asked before, but the upcoming Hitman Bundle at $8.99, does it come with a single key or separate keys?

Both GMG & GameFly have coupons system, but they both are crap sites.

They have strong fraud systems, unlike AMZN's. GF verify the order by phone (lol), and all other not so good things that happens. That's why I've removed those two sites from my mind, because they're totally useless for me (and my needs).

With AMZN only with TWO CLICKS and I'm receiving the key, no matter what billing address I fill up, what telephone or so. Saving so much time and hassle. That's why I prefer AMZN and therefore looking for coupons for it. GMG & GameFly need to update their sites and fix their issues with orders, phones and other crazy things that are useless to be "Verified" or so.
Wow, so are you really bitching that they protect you from fraud? Go ahead and post your credit card # then.

:dunce:

Dude, don't bother. He's one of those closeminded elitist asshats who insists on his choice few games being superior to all else, and everything else being crap and deserving of nerdrage ridicule. He makes Mooby and Bruticus look good.

It's as if championing his favorite "masterpiece" games makes him worth more as a person, because he's created some artificial symbiosis with these games, therefore building them up and praising them bolsters his own self-worth. At the same time, horribly criticizing the games you like makes him feel even better about his games, and connectively himself, in the same way that one with low self-esteem would insult your person to make himself feel better.

This message brought to you by closet-psychologist Idiotekque©.
Married to a Doll: Why One Man Advocates Synthetic Love

[customspoiler="Not creepy at all..."]
IMG_3306.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Hello all,

for those still interested in the Settlers Bundle: it's back (well, I mean the $9.99 price tag):

(can't post link, just search "settlers bundle").

Thanks, Tony, thanks Amazon, thanks CAG.

Enjoy!

I could do some wishful thinking & dreaming here, too....

We need DA2: ALL DLC Only Pack and/or some BioWare Points to go DIRT-CHEAP. ;)

Bioware points need to go cheap. We need sales on the points. Or they need to do away with points and give us some sales on the ME3 DLC, DA2 DLC, and anything else by Bioware that EA deemed unworthy of a collection pack that includes all the DLC (I have the games).

I'm glad I did not miss the Settlers Bundle deal this time.

There is a 4 hr wait time for Amazon to review my purchase before I can even download the games.  Did they just implemented this recently?

Bioware points need to go cheap. We need sales on the points. Or they need to do away with points and give us some sales on the ME3 DLC, DA2 DLC, and anything else by Bioware that EA deemed unworthy of a collection pack that includes all the DLC (I have the games).
Amen!

And ME2 DLC, too!

Seeking advice from veteran PC CAGs. I've just gotten back into PC gaming after a decade long hiatus. So I'm stocking up on lots of good stuff and I've been amazed how cheaply I've been able to do it. So I've got a modest little backlog for practically nothing.

Now I'm really sweatin the XCOM Enemy Unknown bundle for 9.99$. Is it worth it to backlog it at that price? I really haven't gotten a good feel for how to anticipate deals and bundles for PC yet. Is it inevitable that it'll be that price again or cheaper within 6 months now that the new one is out? Just curious.

Seeking advice from veteran PC CAGs. I've just gotten back into PC gaming after a decade long hiatus. So I'm stocking up on lots of good stuff and I've been amazed how cheaply I've been able to do it. So I've got a modest little backlog for practically nothing.

Now I'm really sweatin the XCOM Enemy Unknown bundle for 9.99$. Is it worth it to backlog it at that price? I really haven't gotten a good feel for how to anticipate deals and bundles for PC yet. Is it inevitable that it'll be that price again or cheaper within 6 months now that the new one is out? Just curious.
XCOM will definitely be cheaper than that in the future, and while I adore XCOM and think it's a game you really should buy and play immediately, there's also an expansion right around the corner for it that integrates into the main campaign, so you honestly might be better off waiting for that to come out and getting the whole thing in a relatively cheap bundle.

Is the Settlers Bundle all Uplay activations or is it mixed between Uplay and TAGES?

EDIT: To answer my own question, it seems to be mixed.  Only Settlers 7 seems to activate directly on Uplay, the rest are separate downloads, which I mostly figured.

On another note, this reminds me that Amazon seriously needs to figure out a way to better manage organization of the Games & Software Library.  When you get to now, 30 pages, even listing alphabetically, it gets to be a bit of a beast when you're trying to find what you want to download directly.

XCOM will definitely be cheaper than that in the future, and while I adore XCOM and think it's a game you really should buy and play immediately, there's also an expansion right around the corner for it that integrates into the main campaign, so you honestly might be better off waiting for that to come out and getting the whole thing in a relatively cheap bundle.
Ah cool, thanks for the heads up. I've heard podcasters mention the expansion but for some reason I assumed it was for the new XCOM. Ill wait till it hits and grab a bundle later on.

Sorry to bother but what happened with THE SIMS MEDIEVAL: PIRATES AND NOBLES and MASS EFFECT 3? I tought the sale lasted until September 8th but their prices are already rised up. :(

Any chance to see at least The Sims Medieval EXP down again to 4.99$ for the last day of the sale?

Thanks. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back