Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeking advice from veteran PC CAGs. I've just gotten back into PC gaming after a decade long hiatus. So I'm stocking up on lots of good stuff and I've been amazed how cheaply I've been able to do it. So I've got a modest little backlog for practically nothing.

Now I'm really sweatin the XCOM Enemy Unknown bundle for 9.99$. Is it worth it to backlog it at that price? I really haven't gotten a good feel for how to anticipate deals and bundles for PC yet. Is it inevitable that it'll be that price again or cheaper within 6 months now that the new one is out? Just curious.
XCOM will definitely be cheaper than that in the future, and while I adore XCOM and think it's a game you really should buy and play immediately, there's also an expansion right around the corner for it that integrates into the main campaign, so you honestly might be better off waiting for that to come out and getting the whole thing in a relatively cheap bundle.
I resisted the Xcom temptation until GMG had the bundle for cheap last sale. I played almost every Xcom game since the first came out (Interceptor and Enforcer are the exceptions) and are on my top list of best games ever. XCOM:EU is a bit different, but is truly an XCom game. As Eldredpe said, it is not a game to backlog, is a game to play right away.

I don't know how I will resist the urge to buy the new DLC at full price after all I read it will feature! With THAT DLC, Xcom:EU gets closer to the originals

At Thanksgiving many people will be already playing BF4 and buying BF4's Premium. We all want to play the BF4 Beta (starting in early of Oct), but the BF3 Premium (purchased at a discounted price) is a must!

Waiting for Tony/AMZN news to fix this issue. Also:

2. Apologies to those who missed out on a deal they really wanted and posted a request to have it added back into the sale (anyone else see the irony?). We will have a recap day at the end that will contain many of the deals that performed well during the sale. Stay tuned.

I like to abbreviate things from time to time, but is it really that much more difficult to spell out Amazon in its entirety?  Every time I see "AMZN" I read it as amazin'.  And caps? :???:

It's because their "shorten domain" name – amzn.com. For Fаcеboоk for example is "fB", for Мicrоsоft - "M$" and so on. And because the search/keywords. People usually won't find my posts, because I don't use the full names of the companies, something that I care about (I don't want to be "searchable" and "findable"). And because we're posting in this thread, usually you have to read with it's full name of the company, not "amazin'" :).

But whatever. It seems that no [good] deals from EA on the store yet.

I like to abbreviate things from time to time, but is it really that much more difficult to spell out Amazon in its entirety? Every time I see "AMZN" I read it as amazin'. And caps? :???:
AMZN is Amazon's stock symbol on the NASDAQ, which is why it's capitalized. I may know what it means when I see it, but it bothers me too.

I resisted the Xcom temptation until GMG had the bundle for cheap last sale. I played almost every Xcom game since the first came out (Interceptor and Enforcer are the exceptions) and are on my top list of best games ever. XCOM:EU is a bit different, but is truly an XCom game. As Eldredpe said, it is not a game to backlog, is a game to play right away.

I don't know how I will resist the urge to buy the new DLC at full price after all I read it will feature! With THAT DLC, Xcom:EU gets closer to the originals
I'll meet you half way: I'll buy it after the new DLC comes out and hope for a good bundle then. But no backlogging. I'll grant it priority. :)

Hey you all, I have a quick technical question I hope someone here might be able to help me with. I recently purchased Dark Souls from Amazon during the End of Summer Sale but I can't seem to find a way to activate it and be able to play it on Steam. The game key redeems fine and I can start up the game but when I do it tells me I'm not logged in.

I have downloaded and installed Games For Windows Live's client, logged in with my xbox account and have it running in the background when I boot up Dark Souls. No dice. I have not been prompted for a place in game to enter the CD Key the game prompts me with when you first start the game. I thought I might be able to redeem the code on the xbox.com website or maybe in the GFWL client. No dice.

When I click on the "Live" option on the main menu it does nothing. The game starts and plays fine but without being "signed in" I am unable to save(as well as at a loss for all the online functionality in the game.) Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this problem so I can play the game? I certainly can't get through Dark Souls without saving.

Any help is appreciated.

Seeking advice from veteran PC CAGs. I've just gotten back into PC gaming after a decade long hiatus. So I'm stocking up on lots of good stuff and I've been amazed how cheaply I've been able to do it. So I've got a modest little backlog for practically nothing.

Now I'm really sweatin the XCOM Enemy Unknown bundle for 9.99$. Is it worth it to backlog it at that price? I really haven't gotten a good feel for how to anticipate deals and bundles for PC yet. Is it inevitable that it'll be that price again or cheaper within 6 months now that the new one is out? Just curious.
A good place to see pricing history is here .. Is There Any Deal ..

Also if you use Chrome there is an addon/extension called "Enhanced Steam" It shows price history as well on each games page. As well as many other enhanced features when browsing your Steam account using Chrome.

Hey you all, I have a quick technical question I hope someone here might be able to help me with. I recently purchased Dark Souls from Amazon during the End of Summer Sale but I can't seem to find a way to activate it and be able to play it on Steam. The game key redeems fine and I can start up the game but when I do it tells me I'm not logged in.

I have downloaded and installed Games For Windows Live's client, logged in with my xbox account and have it running in the background when I boot up Dark Souls. No dice. I have not been prompted for a place in game to enter the CD Key the game prompts me with when you first start the game. I thought I might be able to redeem the code on the xbox.com website or maybe in the GFWL client. No dice.

When I click on the "Live" option on the main menu it does nothing. The game starts and plays fine but without being "signed in" I am unable to save(as well as at a loss for all the online functionality in the game.) Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this problem so I can play the game? I certainly can't get through Dark Souls without saving.

Any help is appreciated.
All I can think of is that GFWL is offline at the moment and it's giving you trouble signing in. Wouldn't be the first time. Sorry I can't help more, but if you can sign into an account and get things working, here's some info on getting the game running and looking really good.

---

First off, get DSFix. This is the obvious step, since you're locked to 720p otherwise, and have no option to play with 60 FPS.

Next, check out this list of excellent mods that don't actually change the game, they just make it prettier and bring it to its full potential. Be sure to make a Nexus account, download the Nexus Mod Manager, and install the mods through that. You can do it manually too, but trust me, the mod manager makes things a snap, and makes it easy to uninstall mods. Remember to set the setting in the DSFix ini to allow replacement textures as well, otherwise the textures won't do anything.

Now if you're a console peasant, and don't mind 30 FPS, setting up your DSFix settings is super easy (just read the explanations next to the settings in the DSFix.ini). Be sure to set the game to windowed fullscreen in that ini file if you want easy alt-tabbing. Unfortunately I think this doesn't work well with the Steam overlay for some people, so if the game is crashing on launch after setting the game to borderless windowed mode, you may have to either disable your community overlay in game, or just play the game in fullscreen mode.

If you want to play the game in nice, buttery smooth 60 FPS, it may be as easy as setting the corresponding setting in the ini, but it wasn't for me, and it looks like a lot of people have issues. I tried loads of possible fixes (every one I could find), including disabling my DEP via cmd prompt, and had no luck. Someone suggested to roll back to version 1.9 ofDSFix (the newest version is 2.1), and that helped a few people, but there was no change for me. Then I tried using version 2.0, and it worked. Game is running flawlessly now. I guess this means, if all else fails, try a bunch of different versions of DSFix till it works.

Lastly, don't believe all the stories you've heard about DSFix's 60 FPS setting getting people GFWL banned. It was a rumor. There is not one confirmed report of a single person getting banned for playing the game online with 60 FPS. The only things 60 FPS will create are some small collision detection quirks. Once in awhile the character won't want to step up small ledges (like... stone onto a wooden platform), and you just have to turn around and do it again and you'll move forward fine (this really is a minor thing, trust me). There's also one or two ladders that you apparently can't slide down without falling through the floor (I've never run into this). Lastly, you don't jump QUITE at far in 60 FPS, so for certain jumps you need to toggle the game back to 30 FPS (backspace is the toggle hotkey), make the jump, then switch back to 60 FPS. A couple bugs, but extremely minor in the face of how amazing the game looks with 60 FPS.

Have fun slaying dragons and whatnot!

Married to a Doll: Why One Man Advocates Synthetic Love

[customspoiler="Not creepy at all..."]
IMG_3306.jpg
[/customspoiler]
Meet 'The Woman Who Married the Eiffel Tower'

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/meet-woman-married-eiffel-tower-erika-la-tour-eiffel-objectum-sexual-article-1.369212#ixzz2eGr6nJ3p
220px-Tour_Eiffel_Wikimedia_Commons.jpg
Don't Cha wish your husband was hot like this? Don't Cha wish your husband was hung like this? Don't Cha?

well it's probably a good thing that these people aren't breeding.

It's because their "shorten domain" name – amzn.com. For Fаcеboоk for example is "fB", for Мicrоsоft - "M$" and so on. And because the search/keywords. People usually won't find my posts, because I don't use the full names of the companies, something that I care about (I don't want to be "searchable" and "findable"). And because we're posting in this thread, usually you have to read with it's full name of the company, not "amazin'" :).

But whatever. It seems that no [good] deals from EA on the store yet.
WTF?

Any help is appreciated.
Here's FAQ's about issues w/ G4WL from M$:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/pc-games/troubleshoot-games-for-windows-live-connection#6eda5d4a505e49acbfe5f5eb0898b262

I'm guessing it could be a few things here...

1. G4WL might be down. I so hope not - b/c we're all screwed, if that's the case. :(

(Quick one-line EDIT -> I just signed into LIVE no problem; G4WL is working.)

2. You might need to open sort ports for your firewall to NOT block it.

3. Got an anti-virus program that runs "Live Protection" or "Web Protection"? Yeah, maybe you want to (unfortunately) disable that. That can sometimes interfere w/ games & programs.

4. This site suggests you might need to uninstall and reinstall G4WL - that might be last resort kinda thing.

Get that newest G4WL version here.

Good luck.

EDIT:

Here's a sticky on Steam (Power User) Forums about Dark Souls issues & fixes, in case you hit any:

http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2903653

I think Tony abandoned us this time. :/

Anyway, this is just unfair. If a sale ends septmber 8th you can't cut some game off early. I'd like to have EA games back on sale as stated. :(
Yeah, it's unfortunate, but: it's not like the list was official / we are entitled to those deals. At least at the beginning of the sale I saw a lot of those EA sales active.

Just saying.

Yeah, it's unfortunate, but: it's not like the list was official / we are entitled to those deals. At least at the beginning of the sale I saw a lot of those EA sales active.

Just saying.
I saw some EA games listed in the "Late Summer Deals" page at the beggining of the sale.
So, it was official. It's unfortunate but unfair too. It would be a different matter if the games were sold-out. But they are still there (The Sims Medieval Pirates And Nobles have both PC DOWLOAD and INSTANC ACCESS version still available!) and you can buy them regularly: but at full price. No, thanks. :/

Just saying.

See? That's the problem Amazon continues to have with discoverability. They really do need to have "official" lists with dates and times and what not. Even if it's on an obscure page that few will ever find, there needs to be a record of what is on sale when and for how much and for how long. It needs to be updated as soon as the sales are updated. I find it hard to imagine Amazon doesn't have a list that could be more easily turned into a list of links with updated amounts.

Hell, even if it was just for their own records, one has to imagine it'd be easier for them if they had their own list of links with prices and dates. Given that should be the case, you'd think they could just as easily toss a link to the hardest of the hardcore in the OP of this thread so we always can do a quick glance down their sale list.

I suppose it's a case of the, "People are never satisfied," if you want, but when you're potentially talking hundreds of games on sale, it's pretty damn hard to find what you're looking for. Amazon started out having big sales on a handful of titles because, especially in the beginning, they only HAD a handful of titles and only a handful of sales.

Times, they be a changin'. Amazon DVG is huge and--yes it's a great problem to have--but success makes it so it is now a problem that it is hard to find everything that's on sale. Like with WoW or with Diablo 2 where complex stats that are not fully understood while in game, people are now relying on third parties (isthereagamingdeal, deals4download, enhanced steam, where is enhanced amzn?) when they should have all the info provided them directly without third parties having to do the extra work. It shouldn't be that someone has to get the spreadsheet from Tony and then they have to go through and find all the links, doing what Amazon should do on its own.

I mean, when you think about it, a company SHOULD be eager for its sales to be as easy to use as possible. Moreover, I truly believe any company doing sales online would have to have their own internal list of links of things on sale with dates and sale prices. So I say just do us all a favor and make it presentable to the public and use it as a "detailed view" of a sale in "Detailed list" form instead of "thumbnail" view like so many of the Amazon pages trying to list sales are these days.

It simplifies things and makes me more likely to find a sale I will buy into. Increasingly, I'm relying on the HOPE that one of those third party aggregating sites will advertise to me which game I'm looking for to be on sale instead of taking a more active role in finding it because there are just too many games to comb through...

One way to help resolve some of this would be to let users add a "Save to buy later" option on DVG, which is one way I use to parse info at Amazon proper. When something goes on sale, it shows me the price of what it was and what it is. That wouldn't resolve telling me when it might change back, but at least I would be able to see what items interest me at a glance.

And really, I don't know why digital purchases can't be put in the same list as "Save to buy later" for regular Amazon purchases. I don't even get the logistics of that since a purchase is a purchase and a "Save for later" is "Save for later."

EDIT: So I go to my customary links I continue popping through daily and I saw exactly what I'm looking for. GMG does it just right.

http://blog.playfire.com/

They give you a list of games, they give you links, they tell you how much it is, and there is a counter (or a date next to the entry) that tells you when it goes away. If GMG can do it, I think Amazon DVG should be able to blog to do it, too.

See? That's the problem Amazon continues to have with discoverability. They really do need to have "official" lists with dates and times and what not. Even if it's on an obscure page that few will ever find, there needs to be a record of what is on sale when and for how much and for how long. It needs to be updated as soon as the sales are updated. I find it hard to imagine Amazon doesn't have a list that could be more easily turned into a list of links with updated amounts.
Or just have a countdown timer like their biggest competitor does, right on the store page.

In fact, I think for digital software sales, Amazon needs to ditch "Amazon" and start fresh. Do whatever you need to on the back end to make it work with the Amazon server network, but trash the Amazon front end and come up with something new. They just keep putting band-aids on the generic Amazon interface/presentation, adding info here and there, but I think an overhaul is pretty much required at this point in order to be truly user friendly and informative.

I saw some EA games listed in the "Late Summer Deals" page at the beggining of the sale.
So, it was official. It's unfortunate but unfair too. It would be a different matter if the games were sold-out. But they are still there (The Sims Medieval Pirates And Nobles have both PC DOWLOAD and INSTANC ACCESS version still available!) and you can buy them regularly: but at full price. No, thanks. :/
Yeah, that's of course true, but I can't remember the exact dates from.. to being advertised there. I can be wrong, though.

One could argue that advertising the later summer sale dates till 8th, but excluding titles after a few days is not very transparent way of doing business. I am inclinded to agree to that. Heck, I nearly missed the settlers bundle myself.

A count down timer or some more precise information would be greatly appreciated, probably not only by me. And having to look here for a comprehensive list is not optimal, as His Divine Order pointed out.

Still, I'm not bitter at all. Some things may not be done well, others are. There's games for Origin, Steam and DRM free (uh, I forgot UPlay). Download just works. Bundles are sometimes great. And try to ask for support on Steam. Or paying on Origin (broken ATM).

Flawed or not, I prefer buying @Amazon.

Just saying.

Amazon's not entitled to my business.

Or just have a countdown timer like their biggest competitor does, right on the store page.

In fact, I think for digital software sales, Amazon needs to ditch "Amazon" and start fresh. Do whatever you need to on the back end to make it work with the Amazon server network, but trash the Amazon front end and come up with something new. They just keep putting band-aids on the generic Amazon interface/presentation, adding info here and there, but I think an overhaul is pretty much required at this point in order to be truly user friendly and informative.

Bush. League.

It's like some bloated fcuk dwelling within a Caravan located near a waterway. Amazon needs a pepto-talk.

edit: Compared to its competitors.

Amazon's not entitled to my business.

Bush. League.

It's like some bloated fcuk dwelling within a Caravan located near a waterway. Amazon needs a pepto-talk.

edit: Compared to its competitors.
yes but they better than lowgert. EA tooking their game sale off prolly we all know ea does this. so maybe amazon had no choice.

As an extra insult, some of them are on the Digital Games page with a lower price than it's listed. E.g., the Kingdoms of Amalur bundle is on the late summer sale page on the right with the rest of the bundles for $9.99, but the actual item page lists it at $39.96.

Hopefully it was just a pricing mistake, but after a day and a half you'd think it would be fixed.

yes but they better than lowgert. EA tooking their game sale off prolly we all know ea does this. so maybe amazon had no choice.
Plus, their online store is broken ATM and some stupid folk in their forums stated they'd take their business to e.g. Amazon.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/INVOICE-FAILED/td-p/1445566

I am paranoid, yes. OTOH some people outta learn how to shut their mouthes. :ziplip:

Still, Amazon should have changed the starting page and at least remove the link to the Amalur bundle. Makes no sense.

Well I picked up IL2 Cliffs of Dover. If anyone is in the fence and read the reviews from the release, I've read that the devs stepped it up and fixed practically everything wrong through gradual patches, admitting they messed up.

You don't see that much anymore.

Thank you to both MysterD and Idioteque for your help. It turns out the version of GFWL that Dark Souls comes with is incompatible with Windows 8. Following the link Myster provided fixed that problem and following the link Idioteque provided the game looks great.

Thanks to you both for the help!

As an extra insult, some of them are on the Digital Games page with a lower price than it's listed. E.g., the Kingdoms of Amalur bundle is on the late summer sale page on the right with the rest of the bundles for $9.99, but the actual item page lists it at $39.96.

Hopefully it was just a pricing mistake, but after a day and a half you'd think it would be fixed.
Same with FIFA 13. Currently at less than 10$ on Late Summer Deals page. Click on the link and the price raises to 20, the double. Not so cool...

Please stop with the off topic conversations and posting of random pictures.  It makes the thread hard to read for people who are just interested in the deals themselves.

Plus, their online store is broken ATM and some stupid folk in their forums stated they'd take their business to e.g. Amazon.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/INVOICE-FAILED/td-p/1445566

I am paranoid, yes. OTOH some people outta learn how to shut their mouthes. :ziplip:

Still, Amazon should have changed the starting page and at least remove the link to the Amalur bundle. Makes no sense.
just my opinion but nothing more im wasnt buying any ea games anyway so no loss for me but it sucks for those who was planning to

Thank you to both MysterD and Idioteque for your help. It turns out the version of GFWL that Dark Souls comes with is incompatible with Windows 8. Following the link Myster provided fixed that problem and following the link Idioteque provided the game looks great.

Thanks to you both for the help!
Glad to help. :D

In short - G4WL sucks and this is why more companies should abandon it. M$ did such a half-behind job w/ this, I don't even know where to begin. From corruption-save issues on some games (Batman AA + AC; FO3; GOW are known for these problems); to reinstalls needed on G4WL program; to needing to open ports sometimes - it can be a problem and a half. I never even had these kind of problems w/ Steam.

Also, about DSFix Mod - if you do keep your game locked at 30 FPS normally and the frames go to garbage (like say in half or lower 15 frames or lower) - which can happen often on boss battles, jump into the INI file and turn SSAO off. That pretty much saved me and kept the game back to that 25-30 frames per sec norm I'm used to, when in battles w/ enemies like say the Ceaseless Discharge and any areas w/ lots of special effects (smoke, fire, etc) going on like the Demon Ruins. If you wonder what kind of PC rig I'm rocking - i5 950; 8 GB RAM; 1 GB of GeForce GTX 560 Ti; Win 7 64-bit.

BTW - having at least DSFix installed and a gamepad (i.e. a USB X-360 controller) is pretty much the ONLY way to play this game on the PC, if you ask me.

Yep, just like the one that created it :lol:
Yep.

Game companies need to do two things w/ G4WL-base games, since G4WL will be going away:

1. Patch-out G4WL and any M$ Server-Side DRM out of their game.

2. Allow for their G4WL keys to activate over Steam.

3. Steam-versions of these games should fully support ONLY the Steamworks suite.

You know what would be funny? If M$ ever re-ported Halo 1, 2 over to the PC; and finally ported Halo 3, 4, ODST, and Reach over to the PC - and make it use Steamworks.

I'm probably dreaming, though. ;)

EDIT:

While I'm dreaming, M$ should port Fable 2 over to PC, as well.

From August 29 - September 8 (today is the final day of the sale). Only few hours left.

So it seems that all EA-related customers have been scammed because of the NO EA (major titles) deals mention on the Wiki.

We'll see if there be any "encore" day tomorrow after some hours. Like Tony mentioned early.

Yep.

Game companies need to do two things w/ G4WL-base games, since G4WL will be going away:

1. Patch-out G4WL and any M$ Server-Side DRM out of their game.

2. Allow for their G4WL keys to activate over Steam.

3. Steam-versions of these games should fully support ONLY the Steamworks suite.

You know what would be funny? If M$ ever re-ported Halo 1, 2 over to the PC; and finally ported Halo 3, 4, ODST, and Reach over to the PC - and make it use Steamworks.

I'm probably dreaming, though. ;)

EDIT:

While I'm dreaming, M$ should port Fable 2 over to PC, as well.
If they ever did re-port them, they would almost certainly end up on something like the Windows App Store :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back