Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
But this guy took the one game that I actually don't have.

My hatred for Phil Fish has been transferred to Neuro5i5
Well, fine. Because of all this cyber bullying, when I announce my RPG Maker game ZEF 2, you get nothing except an angry, incoherent tweet.

And maybe a chocolate bunny...because.

That Hitman/Tomb Raider/Sleeping Dogs pack is insane. The cheapest Tomb Raider, Hitman, and Sleeping Dogs have ever been on Steam is 12.50, 6.25, and 4.50. You'd probably have to wait a couple years, possibly, to get all those games separately at the same price. I'm totally in for that deal.
And that $4.50 was a price mistake.

Was only up for a couple minutes during the Christmas Sale 2012. I managed to snag it and its now one of my favorite games of 2012.

Grabbing Tomb Raider for around $4.50 seems like an absolute steal. That game only came out a few months ago. Square doing some crazy price protection.

I picked those because you didn't have them. :)

lol... slow slow me.

I actually thought I didn't have them, but then when I tried the Critical Mass key, it said it was a duplicate code. Which in my slowness, I thought meant I already had it. I now see it meant someone had already used it! Managed to get Hacker Evolution though! Didn't have that one so thanks!

You guys should check out Papo Y Yo at that price - the mechanics are sound if a little simple, but the story/metaphor and emotional resonance is quite moving.
The beginning of the game was pretty freaking awesome, I thought, with the way the mechanics worked. Somewhat dreamlike. Once that wore off, the game dragged on a bit, IMHO. I'd give it overall a solid B or so, definitely worth checking out. I'm in recovery, also, so the meaning of the game struck a chord with me, as well. I can't believe the game on only has a 70% on Metacritic. That's insane, especially since reviewers seem to like giving bonus points to games that support the "games as art" argument.

Beginning w/the Deep Silver Humble, the past 4 or 5 humble bundles/humble weeklys, the last amazon sale, the gmg value pack sale, and now this sale....wtf am I supposed to do with my backlog.

1vRyDkM.gif

I thought that got canceled.
Yeah unfortunately, this was the final season for Futurama. The final episode aired last week. :( And my kid had just started showing an interest in it the end of last season.

Toki Tori 2 40% off coupon for Steam

LX5G6-WDKIR-6FBAD

Beginning w/the Deep Silver Humble, the past 4 or 5 humble bundles/humble weeklys, the last amazon sale, the gmg value pack sale, and now this sale....wtf am I supposed to do with my backlog.

1vRyDkM.gif
it's not over till you own every game on Steam, and then every game in existence. ;)

I haven't posted in here in a while, and I reread through the first post and FAQ, so I hope I'm still up to date and this is okay to post here. I know you don't price match international sites or  physical stores, but Gamestop PC Downloads has

Final Fantasy XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition on sale for $13.49

http://www.ebgames.com/pc/games/final-fantasy-xi-ultimate-collection-seekers-edition/107615

Final Fantasy XI: Seekers of Adoulin by Square Enix on sale for $8.99

http://www.ebgames.com/pc/games/final-fantasy-xi-seekers-of-adoulin/108881

and I was hoping Amazon would be willing to match it, especially with all the other Square Enix titles on sale. I did go to the Amazon page and put in the "found better price elsewhere", but I figured it couldn't hurt to try here also.

Would much rather go thru Amazon then Gamestop.

I heard about the developer's personal connection to Papo. Is that story reflected in the game at all or is it more background information? What I mean is, do you care about the chars in an emotional way?

Yeah unfortunately, this was the final season for Futurama. The final episode aired last week. :( And my kid had just started showing an interest in it the end of last season.
Toki Tori 2 40% off coupon for Steam
LX5G6-WDKIR-6FBAD

it's not over till you own every game on Steam, and then every game in existence. ;)

I went from 0 to over 60 games in my steam library in a month and a half. They should invent a new disease for this. Call it Caggers or cagitis.

My account is 4 years old. The first 2 years, I gained about 1 game a month. The next year, maybe 2 games a month. Last 18 months I averaged about 10 games a month due to inde bundles, giveaways, Amazon/Steam sales.

Funny thing is, I have more games and have spent far less to get them than probably any time in my 30 year gaming life. Once you get past the initial PC investment, it is ridiculously inexpensive to have tons of quality gaming hours available.

My account is 4 years old. The first 2 years, I gained about 1 game a month. The next year, maybe 2 games a month. Last 18 months I averaged about 10 games a month due to inde bundles, giveaways, Amazon/Steam sales.

Funny thing is, I have more games and have spent far less to get them than probably any time in my 30 year gaming life. Once you get past the initial PC investment, it is ridiculously inexpensive to have tons of quality gaming hours available.
Exactly. I've spent a couple hundred dollars since I bought my PC, and for that I have acquired around 130 games. If I were to get those games on consoles I'd probably have spent over 1000 dollars, even if I found the games on sale (an exceptional sale). The PC has already paid for itself in game savings. Not to mention modding content that wouldn't be available on consoles. The only way I'm buying a console is if the exclusives are worth it. That's why I plan on buying PS3 (demon's souls, last of us, ico/shadow collection, god of war, little big planet), and it's why, for now, the only next gen console I plan on buying is the Wii U.

I heard about the developer's personal connection to Papo. Is that story reflected in the game at all or is it more background information? What I mean is, do you care about the chars in an emotional way?
The dev's personal experience IS the story of the game and makes it obvious right from the beginning of the game.

FWIW, here's my Steam recommendation for the game:

Me said:
Papo & Yo ('Father & I') is a third person puzzle platformer and tells the story of Quico and his friend Monster, who has a prefernce for tasty frogs. Unfortunately, these frogs turn the calm Monster into a violent and dangerous creature, so Quico sets out to find a cure for his friend - but is there any?

While this sounds like your average game story, it gains a lot of emotion and intensity once you realize that the story is metaphorical for Creative Director Vander Caballero's troubled childhood. It's relatively subtly tied into the game and if you don't pay enough attention or don't care about it, you could very well miss the message of the game, so don't rush it, step back for a moment and let the impressions work.

The game has relatively simple platforming mechanics and you will mostly end up jumping over gaps to progress in the level. Due the general pace of the game, there hardly are any timed events where, for example, you have to press a button and then quickly run somewhere to move on.

Relatively early into the game you also find your friend Lula, a toy robot who will latch onto your back and lets you double jump by launching his tiny jet pack. Additionally, you can also command him to flip switches that are out of your reach.

While the puzzles present themselves in a unique and creative manner, they aren't really challenging at all and mostly just require simple combination skills. It's a shame because the puzzle design as such is wonderful and could've made for some fun challenges.

Papo & Yo is based on the Unreal 3 Engine and while this engine isn't exactly the standard for visual fidelity these days, the game still looks pretty good and the lighting and level design add a lot to the overall atmosphere.

With roughly 4 hours of playtime, the game is fairly short, but if the game would've been filled with repetative puzzles in favor of playtime, the emotion and strength of the story would have suffered immensively and would've made this game just yet another average puzzle platformer.

There are dolls scattered throughout the levels and once you beat the game, those dolls will receive hats which you then can collect in a second playthrough. Other than that, the game doesn't provide you with anything else to do, which is fine - games like Papo & Yo aren't meant to be played for days, weeks or months. They want you to immerse yourself for a few hours, tell you a story and maybe even think about it a few days later.

Papo & Yo is a prime example of how emotional and intense video games can be. Don't buy it for the platforming and don't buy it for the puzzles. Buy it for the story and let the emotions take over.

I heard it had something to do with having an alcoholic parent, besides what's already been mentioned.

[...] if you want to give other CAGS games in thread that's cool, [...] If you buy a Humble Bundle, or get an key for a game you already in one of our bundles and want to give some of those extras out in the thread feel free to. If this is bothersome to some of the other readers/posters, I apologize for the inconvenience, but we've built a really fun community here that has fun talking about games, dogs, making jokes about both, etc. and we'd love for you to join it, it's a blast :)

Cheers,

Tony
You heard it from the man.

Code drops are BACK ON!

And guys... I've been building up my stockpile. (140 keys in my list currently)

Like two copies of Shattered Haven

3M0HD-QTMMM-F7Z4G

8CH0X-ZI0VG-5H790

Serious Sam HD 1 V2ZXX-QR5D3-MP800

Serious Sam HD 2 48HI4-GG7PE-DK7TI

Don't worry, I'll only do code drops when conversation is slow, like when Tony's away on vacation or something. :D

Code drops are BACK ON!

3M0HD-QTMMM-F7Z4G

8CH0X-ZI0VG-5H790

Don't worry, I'll only do code drops when conversation is slow, like when Tony's away on vacation or something. :D
Snagged the second code for Shattered Haven. Thanks o' great and merciful Codedropper! ;)

Code drops are BACK ON!

3M0HD-QTMMM-F7Z4G

8CH0X-ZI0VG-5H790

Thanks! Got Shattered Haven (the top one). :bow:

1vRyDkM.gif
Here's what ya do:

• Wait 3 months. Seriously, don't do anything but stagnate.
  • Give black man high-5.
  • Insert log into fireplace.
  • Discuss how racist Bing Crosby was.
  • Merry Christmas.
Starter logs can be pricey.

FTL Key:

KA0AK-DMQJ0-AFGTL

Cheers,
Tony
I assume that's a STEAM key.

I have this already on STEAM.

EDIT:

+1 like for the giveaway.

Ain't touched the game, but heard it's great.

My backlog's TOO big.

EDIT 2:

Code drops are BACK ON!

3M0HD-QTMMM-F7Z4G

8CH0X-ZI0VG-5H790

YAY for the return of code-drops! :D

I assume that's a STEAM key.
I have this already on STEAM.

EDIT:
+1 like for the giveaway.
Ain't touched the game, but heard it's great.
My backlog's TOO big.

You should play that game, really.

I don't do normally many sims and/or strategy games - so, who knows when I'll get to FTL.

I don't do normally many sims and/or strategy games - so, who knows when I'll get to FTL.
I rarely play strategy games (as in like almost never), but I surprisingly enjoy FTL.

One thing I like is you can pick it up for 30 minutes for a quick play (if you suck like me) or go for hours at a time.

I finally organized my steam list into genre categories. Sim and strategy are by far my largest ones. To each their own.
Don't worry - I own A LOT of sim and strategy games, from Retail, Steam, and other digital services.

Thing is - I can't pass up what I see as a REALLY GOOD DEAL, price-wise.

Especially if the game got acclaim from gamers, reviews, and/or both.

I think I really need some kind of "Not so difficult" and "not so complex" strategy game just to break me into the genre.

EDIT:

Some strategy games I own -> Civ Saga Box; Civ 4: Complete; Civ 5 + Gods and Kings; C&C Saga Collection + Red Alert 3; SIns of a Solar Empire (original) [I actually did play this and like it]; Demigod; Stacraft Chest + SC2: Wings of Liberty; numerous Total War games; Homeworld 1 & 2; a bunch of WH40 Dawn of War games; COH + Op Front + Tales of Valor; etc.

That don't even tip the iceberg of what I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back