Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
ToeKnee, I know A to da Z doesn't match GMG's prices, but 2K14 is $22.49 there and I'm trying to rationalize using the AZ 2K coupon instead.

Any other incentives coming within the next few days?
Pretty sure what Tony usually says is something along the lines of "If you see an offer you like elsewhere, you ought to jump on it there while you can."

Probably not through the site--I'm not aware of anything that allows you to apply changes of that nature to existing orders, anyway. OTOH, if you were to contact customer support they could probably add the credit for you. Failing that, simply cancel your preorder and then place it again using the credit.

unfortunately the collector's edition is out of stock. I wouldn't be able to cancel it.

Anyone knows if KoA DLC has been on sale lately or will be in the near future? I would much rather buy it from Amazon then Gamefly.
I forgot bought this myself - hehe. Nothing a Google search can't solve.

Anyways, some weeks back, someone noted on Steam-forums that Origin-version of KOA: Complete (Game + ALL DLC) was $10 on Amazon DVG:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/102500/discussions/0/864978110203441963/

You also might want to check IsThereAnyDeal for best prices/sales that've been recorded over the Net:

http://isthereanydeal.com/

Just like yourself - I'd often rather buy games from AmazonDVG over GameFly.

I'm tempted w/ GameFly haing NFS: Most Wanted [2012] at $9.99 before coupon / $7.99 after 20% off coupon (GFDSEP20).

Though, I am hoping Amazon DVG would have a better sale than that; and/or maybe a killer bundle w/ NFS: Most Wanted [2012] + ALL the DLC.

Anyone knows if KoA DLC has been on sale lately or will be in the near future? I would much rather buy it from Amazon then Gamefly.
If you already have the base game and are just looking for the DLC, I think the Gamefly deal is your best bet, especially with the coupon. While Amazon puts the collection on sale frequently, the DLC's alone don't usually hit more than 50% off.

Yeah, so... http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Lost-World-nintendo-wii-u/dp/B00D41GCVS

"Pre-order and 25 Extra Lives

Pre-order Sonic Lost World and receive 25 extra lives. Never have to worry again when taking those risky leaps and jumps with this bumper pack of extra lives. Access code will be emailed within two business days after your order ships. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Limited to one per customer order."

Really?

Yeah, so... http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Lost-World-nintendo-wii-u/dp/B00D41GCVS

Pre-order Sonic Lost World and receive 25 extra lives. Never have to worry again when taking those risky leaps and jumps with this bumper pack of extra lives. Access code will be emailed within two business days after your order ships. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Limited to one per customer order."

Really?
That's such a ridiculous pre-order bonus.

Related: I always find 'perk' pre-order incentives as something I wish I could turn off or didn't have. With pre-order items that boost stats and make my character more powerful than a basic starter character I always just ignore they exist because I don't want a 'free' more powerful bonus to start the game, I want to play it as it was originally intended to be played, and as difficult as originally intended.

Pre-order Sonic Lost World and receive 25 extra lives. Never have to worry again when taking those risky leaps and jumps with this bumper pack of extra lives. Access code will be emailed within two business days after your order ships. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Limited to one per customer order."

Really?
It's hard to tell from the way it's worded but are we even sure this is in game lives? Maybe these are extensions to RL mortality? Or maybe even 25 free hits on people you may want knocked off. Sort of a Jaqen H'ghar agreement? Read loosely it could even be 25 bonded servants OR freedom for 25 bond servants! Or 25 death row pardons, though that may be reaching. The reference to my never having to fear risky leaps and jumps makes me think its leaning towards RL extensions on my mortality. Or in game lives.

Someone should clear this up. It could be a hell of a (morally questionable) deal.

That's such a ridiculous pre-order bonus.
Is it?

Or is it a really crummy new thing for a game? You get a single life, or maybe 3, and if you lose them you need to restart from the beginning. Buy extra lives so you don't have to restart all the time.

I'm not sure Sega is the company I'd expect to try that, but I could see someone trying it.

It's hard to tell from the way it's worded but are we even sure this is in game lives? Maybe these are extensions to RL mortality? Or maybe even 25 free hits on people you may want knocked off. Sort of a Jaqen H'ghar agreement? Read loosely it could even be 25 bonded servants OR freedom for 25 bond servants! Or 25 death row pardons, though that may be reaching. The reference to my never having to fear risky leaps and jumps makes me think its leaning towards RL extensions on my mortality. Or in game lives.

Someone should clear this up. It could be a hell of a (morally questionable) deal.
Well this is the only way it would be worthwhile. . . you might say it's the deal of a lifetime. :whistle2:

Really?
LOL wtf? This is one of the worst pre order bonuses I could think of.

Slightly off topic, but still Amazon Digital related...

From MacRumors:

Amazon's digital software store is offering MacRumors readers an exclusive $15 one-time discount on software purchased through their downloadable Mac software section on Amazon.com.

The discount is available using the coupon code MACR0913 which expires on October 6th. It is limited to one use per customer, and excludes games.

The discount can be used for any downloadable software (Mac or PC), including the just released Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 and Adobe Premiere Elements 12. Photoshop and Premiere Elements are Adobe's lower-cost photo and video editing software aimed at consumers.
So no games, but there's some software you can get for free if you check out the list.

I was tempted to buy the Scribblenauts/Lego LotR bundle. Too bad it's for PC. I would much rather play those games on the Wii U and PS3, respectively.

Eh. I guess it was too good to be true for console titles.

I know there are some happy japanophile cats lurking around here as we speak, so I'm about to point out an acclaimed program that's covered by the promo:

Manga Studio Debut 4 "#1 Comic Software Worldwide"

71FRhIsl2bL._SL1127_.jpg

I know there are some happy japanophile cats lurking around here as we speak, so I'm about to point out an acclaimed program that's covered by the promo:

Manga Studio Debut 4 "#1 Comic Software Worldwide"

71FRhIsl2bL._SL1127_.jpg

Now I need to buy a pen and touch tablet ASAP :bouncy:

I will almost certainly buy Batman: Arkham Origins eventually, but before I rush out and pre-order the game, I kind of would rather see the reviews first (especially after The Bureau). Doubly so, since a different developer is handling this game compared to the first two. 

Maybe I can just resist jumping on it, and just play some of the other games I have on my backlog. :) (haha yeah, right)

I will almost certainly buy Batman: Arkham Origins eventually, but before I rush out and pre-order the game, I kind of would rather see the reviews first (especially after The Bureau). Doubly so, since a different developer is handling this game compared to the first two.
Maybe I can just resist jumping on it, and just play some of the other games I have on my backlog. :) (haha yeah, right)

After being fooled into buying GOTY just to get the DLCs on the previous games, I'll wait for AO GOTY. Also, dat DRM, I'll wait and see which one they'll choose

It was available a several minutes ago.  Looks like Amazon pulled it due to Steam not having the game ready for whatever reason.

It's downloading on steam for me now. Just had to wait till Valve updated the store. Hope they got rid of their horrible, terrible 2k based DRM that never once let me get official roster updates last year. I really doubt it tho. 

After being fooled into buying GOTY just to get the DLCs on the previous games, I'll wait for AO GOTY. Also, dat DRM, I'll wait and see which one they'll choose
GOOD POINT!!! It's frustrating that Steam doesn't recognize that I own Arkham City, even though I already have the game and all DLC already. (Because they removed the original game ID. WTF)

too...many....games...

Tony,

Obviously not your department but I'm wondering if you might know through the grapevine if Amazon is planning on any Nvdia GPU deals this month.  Thanks, bro!

It's downloading on steam for me now. Just had to wait till Valve updated the store. Hope they got rid of their horrible, terrible 2k based DRM that never once let me get official roster updates last year. I really doubt it tho.

Can you update us in your impression of the game? Also if you have time I'd like to know if there is a difference in association mode. (as that is the only mode I play.)

Can you update us in your impression of the game? Also if you have time I'd like to know if there is a difference in association mode. (as that is the only mode I play.)

nerd talk

I only played 2 matches. 1 against the AI and 1 online. Netcode is predictably awful, lag so bad you have no chance at hitting jumpers or free throws. As far as the new game mechanics, they seem pretty cool I guess. The shot stick is back to the R analog (without holding L) and the dribble moves are there too if you just flick it. Seems like it would be pretty easy to accidentally shoot when trying to do crossovers but it never happened to me. Hold L trigger and the R analog is a pass stick where it gets fancy. Seemed pretty cool but I'll have to screw around with it for a while before it feels natural. Floaters and 3s seems way harder to hit. Mid range game is tougher to get open. Blocking is much, much more prevalent. I was able to block people who drives recklessly at will.

Visually, it looks pretty much exactly like last year. Couple of new animations. Shinier floors. Better crowds.

Overall if you're a big fan of the series it's worth $25.

nerd talk

I only played 2 matches. 1 against the AI and 1 online. Netcode is predictably awful, lag so bad you have no chance at hitting jumpers or free throws. As far as the new game mechanics, they seem pretty cool I guess. The shot stick is back to the R analog (without holding L) and the dribble moves are there too if you just flick it. Seems like it would be pretty easy to accidentally shoot when trying to do crossovers but it never happened to me. Hold L trigger and the R analog is a pass stick where it gets fancy. Seemed pretty cool but I'll have to screw around with it for a while before it feels natural. Floaters and 3s seems way harder to hit. Mid range game is tougher to get open. Blocking is much, much more prevalent. I was able to block people who drives recklessly at will.

Visually, it looks pretty much exactly like last year. Couple of new animations. Shinier floors. Better crowds.

Overall if you're a big fan of the series it's worth $25.

Features? General buggyness?

Features?
Garbage compared to what the consoles get. We did get the Lebron mode, which I thought they said PC wasn't getting, so if you're in the mood for a Lebron fanfic I guess you're in luck. Online association is back. If any of you guys get it I'd be down to try it. No blacktop mode, Euroleague teams are in for some reason.

Garbage compared to what the consoles get. We did get the Lebron mode, which I thought they said PC wasn't getting, so if you're in the mood for a Lebron fanfic I guess you're in luck. Online association is back. If any of you guys get it I'd be down to try it. No blacktop mode, Euroleague teams are in for some reason.

Bugs?

Reading through those NBA 2K14 reviews, it's astonishing how so many people could use Steam but not understand what it is, or what it does, or how even if they had a physical copy of the PC version, they still wouldn't have been able to play it at midnight Pacific, or that it's not up to Amazon as to what uses Steamworks as its DRM.  It's like shoving needles into my eyes the level of ignorance. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back