Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a pretty...interesting week. I got promoted on Tuesday (YAY) then yesterday morning I fell HARD in the morning while getting ready for work, slipped in the bathroom, destroyed my cabinet, hit my face on the cabinet, wall, sink, and eventually floor and definitely tore a ligament in my knee (BOOOO).
Congrats on the promotion!!! Hopefully that promotion doesn't take you away from us. <3

And BOOOO on the accident... sounds repetitively painful.

Also, Tony, why does EVERY TIME I try buying a digital game from Amazon, it demands I enter my credit card information again? It's really frustrating having to do that every time I want to check it out...

I have two extra copies of the XCOM Collection, and I don't know what to do with them. Oh woe is me.

If only two someones would PM me asking nicely..

All gone! :)

But here's some booby prizes. 

Men of War GWHLM-WP4AQ-M4EEM

Men of War Assault Squad 2DD6R-YQ0X7-5J9CV

Men of War Red Tide VXKRD-IJLNP-I8RNJ

King Arthur Collection F6N2E-QT9YV-JN9BW-JW2LJ-2DTQP

King Arthur II WG3YF-YFAIV-TFCFT

King's Bounty Armored Princess CHL2X-XJ6M8-IH3P8

King's Bounty Legend WPLHK-R9NMM-JXDLL

Warhammer 40K Dawn of War N25IJ-LPGDZ-7AT6I

Warhammer 40K Dawn of War - Winter Assault 31a8-c240-b413-dda5-4710

King's Bounty Crossworlds MCTV7-XVMEG-J99QL

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II 3K32E-ATZXB-2M58I-ZBT22-W3Y88

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Retribution EEBKW-54XD6-8EJPW

Umm...with XCOM EU + DLC's?
I already own the OLD Classic XCOM's.
I'm the opposite, I just need the classic games which is why I didn't PM him. I'm guessing he meant the full collection though (including the older games + EU + DLC) since XCOM Collection is the name of that pack on amazon.

used 

thanks

Thanks a ton for the XCOM bundle LN3000. Amazing. Would build a wayside shrine to you here if it were appropriate.

LN's drops are ALWAYS insane.
I've been wanting the xcoms for a while (didn't have any of them) and really regretted not getting them during the last Amazon sale. When I saw Tony post he was putting it back up I was thrilled. Then LN dropped those bombs...feel like I won a lottery!

I've been wanting the xcoms for a while (didn't have any of them) and really regretted not getting them during the last Amazon sale. When I saw Tony post he was putting it back up I was thrilled. Then LN dropped those bombs...feel like I won a lottery!
I'm gonna try XCOM EU During this Free Weekend and see what I think of it. :D

EDIT:

Yup! Included the classic games and DLCs. :)
Cool.

Already own XCOM Classics on Steam, so that big-key would be better off w/ someone missing EVERYTHING that's XCOM.

I'm gonna try XCOM EU During this Free Weekend and see what I think of it. :D
I did the exact same thing today. Just wanted to get a taste of it and instead played for two hours. Already dealing with "one more mission" syndrome, so I went ahead and bought it. When I put in the key on Steam though it started redownloading the entire thing... I guess because of the DLC maybe. Hopefully saves will be in tact.

I have two extra copies of the XCOM Collection, and I don't know what to do with them. Oh woe is me.

If only two someones would PM me asking nicely..

All gone! :)

But here's some booby prizes.

Men of War GWHLM-WP4AQ-M4EEM

Men of War Assault Squad 2DD6R-YQ0X7-5J9CV

Men of War Red Tide VXKRD-IJLNP-I8RNJ

King Arthur Collection F6N2E-QT9YV-JN9BW-JW2LJ-2DTQP

King Arthur II WG3YF-YFAIV-TFCFT

King's Bounty Armored Princess CHL2X-XJ6M8-IH3P8

King's Bounty Legend WPLHK-R9NMM-JXDLL

Warhammer 40K Dawn of War N25IJ-LPGDZ-7AT6I

Warhammer 40K Dawn of War - Winter Assault 31a8-c240-b413-dda5-4710

King's Bounty Crossworlds MCTV7-XVMEG-J99QL

damn nice but i arlleayd have dow and the other dont like and rest have eit already

Congratulations on the promotion, Tony. :)  Might I suggest next time you're celebrating in the shower with a lady friend, stick one of those non-slip mats in the bottom of the tub before the erm...celebrating.  ;) Hope you're feeling better soon.

Also, if you want to sign up Telltale as one of the premiere publishers for the pre-order deal and offer a $10 credit on The Wolf Among Us -- http://www.amazon.com/Wolf-Among-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00FFL0T46 -- that would be spiffy. :D

Congratulations on the promotion, Tony. :) Might I suggest next time you're celebrating in the shower with a lady friend, stick one of those non-slip mats in the bottom of the tub before the erm...celebrating. ;) Hope you're feeling better soon.

Paddington's a girl?

23949711.jpg

Well now I think you guys are barking up the wrong tree on this one, Paddington is obviously gender neutral and just looking for a good time. I'm sure he/she would be willing to "celebrate" with you too...just don't tick him/her off, if you value your manhood :ziplip:

Yeaaaaah, I didn't get through much of The Bureau. Still wish I would have looked into the game more, or waited for reviews before buying it. But at least there's been plenty of other great games lately to make up for getting burned a few times. (I'll still probably play it eventually. Or just end up watching some play-vids on YouTube)

Saints Row IV took up most of my attention once that was released.. followed by GTA V. 

Hey Tony,

Are you guys selling an X:COM - Enemy Within PC (the expansion) download code?  I was looking for it on the site and could not find it.   

NP. Same here, but I expanded the category dropdown on the list and there was a download option. Clicked on that, this was the only result.

Does the $10 Xcom Bundle contain separate keys for

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

XCOM: Enemy Unknown: Slingshot Pack

XCOM: Enemy Unknown: Elite Soldier Pack

?

Cheers!

Does the $10 Xcom Bundle contain separate keys for
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
XCOM: Enemy Unknown: Slingshot Pack
XCOM: Enemy Unknown: Elite Soldier Pack
?

Cheers!

It's all one code.

Is there going to be a repeat of that Borderlands Pack with BL1 GOTY, BL2, and BL2 Season Pass for like $23? That would be great :). If not, will Amazon be doing any sale on Borderlands at all to match Steam?

Is there going to be a repeat of that Borderlands Pack with BL1 GOTY, BL2, and BL2 Season Pass for like $23? That would be great :). If not, will Amazon be doing any sale on Borderlands at all to match Steam?
So tempted by BL1 GOTY. 7.49 is a bit high for my cheap-ass soul, but with card money it's hard to say no. Having said that, I'd pay real money if Amazon had it at $5. ^_^

? Where? I'm not able to find any evidence of this.
Well, I bought it from GameFly last November for $5.99 and it was also $5.99 like a week or so ago. I know it's not alone, but Amazon has had it bundled with other games, making it subjectively cheaper. Oh, and GMG has had it $5.99 (after 20% off voucher) several times as well.

And the WTF Crazy Action Pack with DN:F and The Darkness II, which I bought as well.
Yeah, I was meaning stand-alones...I already had DN:F and have never really been interested by The Darkness II, so it kind of turns into a bad deal because of that. Same with the Bioshock bundling. Think I just didn't consider using the 20% off coupon on Gamefly when it was 7.49 there, though.

Yeah, I was meaning stand-alones...I already had DN:F and have never really been interested by The Darkness II, so it kind of turns into a bad deal because of that. Same with the Bioshock bundling. Think I just didn't consider using the 20% off coupon on Gamefly when it was 7.49 there, though.
Yeah, I mean technically, GameFly and GMG have had it the same price, but both have 20% off discounts, so that's where I would keep an eye out.

Yeah, Gamefly and GMG are the best spots to go because of the coupons.  Gamersgate too if you have someone buy it for you who has a 20% discount.  Also, during the time it was in those Amazon packs I think I saw it as cheap as $3 in the trade thread.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back