Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone actually confirm whether SFIV arcade edition is Steam redeemable? Or is it GFWL?

That is incorrect. It's available on Steam but what Amazon is selling is a download using GFWL, not a Steam code (which would also use GFWL, but I digress).

Source: I bought it 12ish hours ago.
This seems to be the case. The one on Amazon is not a Steam key but just a GFWL key. Quoting silverrate23 so he gets the message in his email if he has that enabled and isn't subbed to this topic.

Maybe someone can start a Kickstarter with a board of directors to buy the IP and offer the first future game out of it as a reward. With how much money some of these kickstarter campaigns generate, I wouldn't be surprised if it went for < 5 mil.
Wouldn't it be funny if Curt Schilling bought it!

Read a few articles on it.  Gross mismanagement/poor spending.  While he didn't overpay his employees he would buy a lot of unnecessary 'swag' and luxury items, hired his relatives for cushy positions for which they weren't qualified, etc.

might not be the right thread but

Have

1 bloody sock

Want

$10 million to buy Kingdoms of Amalur IP

I'll throw in a free Steam key for Kingdoms of Amalur. ;)

What's the deal with KoA Steam keys? Who gives a fuck. The game has been on sale for Origin with all DLC for under $10 so many times at this point I can't imagine anyone who wants to play it hasn't yet. And the game is 1.5 years old at this point. It isn't even a particularly good game.

I just don't understand Origin hatred, it is a simple clean client, and what EA does with EA games is no worse than what Valve does with Valve games. Just comes down to the weird Steam obsession people have, and people building pointless backlogs of hundreds of games to fill the empty voids in their life.

What's the deal with KoA Steam keys? Who gives a fuck. The game has been on sale for Origin with all DLC for under $10 so many times at this point I can't imagine anyone who wants to play it hasn't yet. And the game is 1.5 years old at this point. It isn't even a particularly good game.

I just don't understand Origin hatred, it is a simple clean client, and what EA does with EA games is no worse than what Valve does with Valve games. Just comes down to the weird Steam obsession people have, and people building pointless backlogs of hundreds of games to fill the empty voids in their life.
I was going to say it wasn't so much about hating Origin as it is liking Steam, but then I saw your attack on people that collect games. Why the hate?

damn really dude? it was a joke, besides if it's ever on origin for under $5, I'd definitely buy it. Unfortunately EA doesn't have the greatest of sales.

I collect games because I have the money to do so. I could give to chairy but I like looking at my ever growing library and really. Orphans. Who cares am I right? My e-peen is huge.

It's simple, the premise of the shift from a hodgepodge of purchases and installation locations, to a central client (such as steam) around 10 years ago is so that all your games are in one locations. With uplay, origin, games for windows live, GOG, gamefly, gamestop, etc. fracturing the market, requiring exponentially more clients and accounts to track is a mounting amount of steps backward from that change. Most prefer to stick with the first client they started with and are already heavily invested in (steam likely) and purchase everything on that.

It's simple, the premise of the shift from a hodgepodge of purchases and installation locations, to a central client (such as steam) around 10 years ago is so that all your games are in one locations. With uplay, origin, games for windows live, GOG, gamefly, gamestop, etc. fracturing the market, requiring exponentially more clients and accounts to track is a mounting amount of steps backward from that change. Most prefer to stick with the first client they started with and are already heavily invested in (steam likely) and purchase everything on that.

Most don't give any fucks about Valvemart becoming even more complacent than it already is.

Soooo...... um..... about that Castlevania?!
Hey there,

Just back in the office today. This deal went sideways (obviously) I've suggested running it 10/24-10/30 but I have no confirmation yet.

Stay tuned.

Also, going back through posts to address questions I missed while riding The Simpsons at Universal.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey there,

Just back in the office today. This deal went sideways (obviously) I've suggested running it 10/24-10/30 but I have no confirmation yet.

Stay tuned.

Also, going back through posts to address questions I missed while riding The Simpsons at Universal.

Cheers,
Tony
That white Bronco must be fun. Will there be any other Halloween themed deals during that time period? I'd like to see the Dead Space 3 DLC return at 75% off.

Hey there,

Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony
Thanks tony!! Had money for ya for that. I must have missed the conversation bout your vacation. Always nice to get away.
Cause the holiday season is upon us and you are tasked with finding us super cheap ass gaming deals!!! Thanks as always sir.

Will there be any other Halloween themed deals during that time period? I'd like to see the Dead Space 3 DLC return at 75% off.
Since we're on Halloween-themed sales...

Dead Island: Riptide for dirt-cheap (i.e. $10 or less) would be sweet. ;)

EDIT:

Dead Space 3, DS3 DLC, Castlevania, my Dead Island: Riptide suggestion,...

Hmmm....what else would make for a good Halloween-themed sale?

i agree with u buy i dont really use the other client i just dont buy on other clients often i have gamestop but most of it is steam key so i just use to get the key or orign for burnout but that it.i have gog only free games, gamefly nah, gmg a few but dont play it desura 15-16 but one is steam the rest i dont use it lol crapgin- 1 rest are backup to my steam games but dont use it or install it, uplay-nada

Most don't give any fucks about Valvemart becoming even more complacent than it already is.
what mindmart?

Hey there,

Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony
will we know ddeal of the week soon plz make it better than current deals for all bundles companies an so on plz

I have not played KOA and want to, but I won't if they try to coerce me into using Origin.

No steam, no buy is my current policy.

And to the complacent comment, Valve has done more updates to Steam in the past 2-3 years than it did in the first 6ish. DLC integration, trading, market, trading cards, sharing, that doesn't even count the social media stuff...

Origin/Uplay/GFWL are all inferior and I vote with my wallet.

Weighing in on the Steam vs. Other clients thing, for me it's all about how like 95% of my game are through Steam, so I'd rather buy through them. The less clients I have to deal with, the better. Plus, for some reason everytime I booted up my laptop when I had origin installed on it, a box would pop up asking me to check off a user agreement. I did it like 10 times and it still wouldn't go away so I uninstalled it. It must be a bug, because I don't have that problem on my desktop. Plus in my experience, Steam seems faster. So unless I know for sure that a game won't be releasing on Steam ever, or if it's a game I HAVE to play, I don't buy games to play via Uplay or Origin. It's just less of a hassle. So yeah, I'm willing to wait on KoA for now.

I randomly got $5 of amazon credit, so I went ahead and pre-ordered Batman Arkham Origins, even though I was planning to wait, and even though I have a TON of games I'm currently in-progress playing (Including, but not limited to, Pokemon X, GTA V, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, and maybe I'll give The Bureau another try.)

I'm also working on my second playthrough of Episode 1 of Telltale Games' Wolf Among Us and really enjoying it.

GAaaaaaaaaaammmmeeeesssss

Since we're on Halloween-themed sales...

Dead Island: Riptide for dirt-cheap (i.e. $10 or less) would be sweet. ;)

EDIT:

Dead Space 3, DS3 DLC, Castlevania, my Dead Island: Riptide suggestion,...

Hmmm....what else would make for a good Halloween-themed sale?
fear series

any zombies games amazon carries

any mutants games would/shoudl be included

I randomly got $5 of amazon credit, so I went ahead and pre-ordered Batman Arkham Origins, even though I was planning to wait, and even though I have a TON of games I'm currently in-progress playing (Including, but not limited to, Pokemon X, GTA V, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, and maybe I'll give The Bureau another try.)

I'm also working on my second playthrough of Episode 1 of Telltale Games' Wolf Among Us and really enjoying it.

GAaaaaaaaaaammmmeeeesssss
Me 2 yo! I gotta do something differently!

Besides the already mentioned Dead Island and F.E.A.R. series, there's Devil May Cry, the Penumbra Series, Amnesia (I don't see the sequel at amazon though >

Deals update:

We're running a voting contest for this weekend's deal (voting via Facebook)

https://www.facebook.com/AmazonVideoGames?v=app_153839431317646&rest=1

$9.99 Bioshock Infinite Vs. $19.99 The Bureau: XCOM Declassified the deal will start Friday and run through the end of Sunday.

Also, Castlevania is back on the docket, 50% off starting 10/24.

Lastly, the Deal of the Week starting tomorrow will be:

The Modern Warfare Bundle: $34.99 Contains:

1. Modern Warfare

2. Modern Warfare 2

3. Modern Warfare 3

Plus $5 towards the pre-order of Call of Duty: Ghost.

Cheers,

Tony

Deals update:

We're running a voting contest for this weekend's deal (voting via Facebook)

https://www.facebook.com/AmazonVideoGames?v=app_153839431317646&rest=1

$9.99 Bioshock Infinite Vs. $19.99 The Bureau: XCOM Declassified the deal will start Friday and run through the end of Sunday.

Also, Castlevania is back on the docket, 50% off starting 10/24.

Lastly, the Deal of the Week starting tomorrow will be:

The Modern Warfare Bundle: $34.99 Contains:

1. Modern Warfare

2. Modern Warfare 2

3. Modern Warfare 3

Plus $5 towards the pre-order of Call of Duty: Ghost.

Cheers,

Tony

Tony,

I asked via PM but I'll ask again here. Any pre order deals planned for the South Park game? Or at least matching the DLC the physical version is getting as a pre-order bonus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back