Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Graphic fidelity is something 1 and 2 always lacked, but try not to think of it in those terms. Think of it as an art style choice and playing inside a comic book graphic novel. While they are a bit dated, I think every fan should play them. I vastly prefer the cut scene story telling style in 1 and 2 over that of 3.
Yeah, I have no problem w/ the cut-scene comics in Max Payne 1 and 2. I loved those, actually.

I have no problem w/ the Tony Scott style (like Man on Fire flick w/ words jumping out all over the place stylistically on-screen) of cut-scenes that Max Payne 3 has. I just wish the Max Payne 3 scenes were optionally-skippable, though - namely for those looking to focus on the action and/or those who know the story enough for when doing an actual replay of the game.

So can anyone give me an honest opinion of how the first two Mac Paynes hols up? I've been interested in them for awhile, but watched a video of the first and it looks really rough even for when it was released. I'm tempted by the whole bundle, but if I've waited to long to play them I might just wait for 3 to be cheaper on its own.
Really good games, if you don't mind the slightly dated visuals. Bullet time still looks good even today. I liked MP1 more than MP2 because the story with its noir atmosphere is better and the levels are more intereseting, but both are good. You can usually get them in a pack during Steam sales for less than $4.

Here's some info you Vampire fans might need.  This is in regards to the Steam version, so may not apply here.  My operating system is Windows 7 64 bit.

Back when I tried running Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, I got an error saying 'Available memory less than 15MB.'  After looking for community fixes, I came across this.

Steam topic for reference.

You have your choices in patches, but I went with the Unofficial, which continues the work the company was unable to finish.

1. Download the unofficial patch.

2. Inside Steam, right click the game in the list, and uncheck 'Enable Steam community'.  Then in the Updates tab, make sure that you set it to not automatically update the game.

3. Install the patch.  I had to point it to the Steam directory since it defaults to the C drive.  When the patch was done, I had it do the Widescreen Patch.  For me, this was 16:9 for 1920 X 1080.  You go into the game and change the resolution, but don't do that until you do the next step.  The topic mentions giving ResPatch.exe Admin rights.

4. Set Compat Mode for the game to Win XP Service Pack 3, Disable Visual Themes, Disable Desktop Composition, and Run as Admin.

5. Run the game, set the resolution, and then restart the game.  If you get a 'Failed to find Steam' error, you'll need to make sure Steam is running with Admin rights as well.

Max Payne 1 info

The original Max Payne has sound issues with the PC version on current machines.  Thankfully, a fix was posted here.

Once you have the file, these are the steps you must take to utilize the fix.

Extract the fix to your game directory.
Click the fix's main file: MaxBatch.

Use the ([c] - Convert game.) option and wait a few minutes for it to finish.
Use the ([L] - Launch game.) option and play.

Yeah, I have no problem w/ the cut-scene comics in Max Payne 1 and 2. I loved those, actually.

I have no problem w/ the Tony Scott style (like Man on Fire flick w/ words jumping out all over the place stylistically on-screen) of cut-scenes that Max Payne 3 has. I just wish the Max Payne 3 scenes were optionally-skippable, though - namely for those looking to focus on the action and/or those who know the story enough for when doing an actual replay of the game.
Oh, how I wish they were skippable. I suffer from migraines and am particularly sensitive to certain visual triggers. I can play most games for hours at a time without any problems, but can only get through MP3 for a few minutes before getting a headache. I love the style, but the decision to make them fully integrated into the gameplay is a point of contention with me.

Here's some info you Vampire fans might need. This is in regards to the Steam version, so may not apply here.

Back when I tried running Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, I got an error saying 'Available memory less than 15MB.' After looking for community fixes, I came across this.

Steam topic for reference.

You have your choices in patches, but I went with the Unofficial, which continues the work the company was unable to finish.

1. Download the unofficial patch.

2. Inside Steam, right click the game in the list, and uncheck 'Enable Steam community'. Then in the Updates tab, make sure that you set it to not automatically update the game.

3. Install the patch. I had to point it to the Steam directory since it defaults to the C drive. When the patch was done, I had it do the Widescreen Patch. For me, this was 16:9 for 1920 X 1080. You go into the game and change the resolution, but don't do that until you do the next step. The topic mentions giving ResPatch.exe Admin rights.

4. Set Compat Mode for the game to Win XP Service Pack 3, Disable Visual Themes, Disable Desktop Composition, and Run as Admin.

5. Run the game, set the resolution, and then restart the game. If you get a 'Failed to find Steam' error, you'll need to make sure Steam is running with Admin rights as well.
Everyone, bookmark that post!

Great post. :D

Absolutely necessary, given the amount of problems people can have w/ this Bloodlines game - especially on modern-OS's (i.e. the general RAM problem) and even more so especially w/ the Steam-version (i.e. especially in particular steps 2 and 5).

For Steam-version users of Bloodlines - I'd also recommend before screwing w/ the files and modding it up, back-up your downloaded version of Bloodlines in a clean state (i.e. unmodded). This way, you don't gotta re-download the damn thing (I think it's around 4GB, if IIRC) - if something goes wrong and you feel that you need to get back to a "clean state" so that you can start modding again from scratch.

Actually, as a side note - I also ALWAYS recommend you do that step before you mod any Steam-version game - in case any new official patches get released; unofficial mods might conflict w/ others mods you're using and break your game; or anything else can happen that possibly can break your modded-game.

Everyone, bookmark that post!

Great post. :D

Absolutely necessary, given the amount of problems people can have w/ this Bloodlines game - especially on modern-OS's (i.e. the general RAM problem) and even more so especially w/ the Steam-version (i.e. especially in particular steps 2 and 5).

For Steam-version users of Bloodlines - I'd also recommend before screwing w/ the files and modding it up, back-up your downloaded version of Bloodlines in a clean state (i.e. unmodded). This way, you don't gotta re-download the damn thing (I think it's around 4GB, if IIRC) - if something goes wrong and you feel that you need to get back to a "clean state" so that you can start modding again from scratch.

Actually, as a side note - I also ALWAYS recommend you do that step before you mod any Steam-version game - in case any new official patches get released; unofficial mods might conflict w/ others mods you're using and break your game; or anything else can happen that possibly can break your modded-game.
if u dont zomibie mysterd will eat u at night muaha

Oh, how I wish they were skippable. I suffer from migraines and am particularly sensitive to certain visual triggers. I can play most games for hours at a time without any problems, but can only get through MP3 for a few minutes before getting a headache. I love the style, but the decision to make them fully integrated into the gameplay is a point of contention with me.
Oh, man - sorry to hear about the headaches and migraines the game gives you. That sucks. :(

Even more reason Rockstar should make it a skippable option.

I really do think making cut-scenes not-skippable in Max Payne 3 is one of the things that I find ridiculous about the game - especially since some of them are very long-winded. In cases like especially yours (where they can cause sickness, migraines, health problems, etc), it's absolutely necessary. For anybody who knows the game and/or just wanted to get right to the action (especially true on replays), it's really silly that there's no official option for this.

Hmmm, I wonder if anyone ever put out a mod to implement cut-scene skipping. Any clue?

Many games allow for cut-scene skipping and dialogue-skipping/speeding-up - and Max 3 should honestly join that club.

Oooh, I'm fluent in Tebonics!

Translation:

"Why, Tony?

Why nothing good on sale for Tebow?

Why, Tony?

Why do you never answer my questions about a future Space Marine DLC Bundle?"
Lol I have requests out for the space marine dlc bundle, and yes, I had no idea what you were asking, sorry :(.

Doesn't look like it. This is how these MP3 deals usually go, they want you to buy the season pass with it at a higher price. I've heard the multiplayer is dead though, so it makes buying the season pass pointless..
We'll have MP3 by itself for $9.99.

Cheers,

Tony

Really good games, if you don't mind the slightly dated visuals. Bullet time still looks good even today. I liked MP1 more than MP2 because the story with its noir atmosphere is better and the levels are more intereseting, but both are good. You can usually get them in a pack during Steam sales for less than $4.

Completely agree with this!

I'm actually playing MP2 at the moment and I am having a blast.

Is the MP3 bundle a single key? I'm only interested on the season pass.
Multiple keys :).

Yo Tony - How about an extra special deal for Rocksmith 2014 now that it's listed:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FT2UU5E/

Thanks for your consideration. Here's a small bribe to help grease the skids: Section 8 F5Q0N-7J0RV-4MGAY.
I'll ask, but I doubt it :(.

Just messing with you Tony ;)
You take your jokes and go home! :).

Cheers,

Tony

Lol I have requests out for the space marine dlc bundle, and yes, I had no idea what you were asking, sorry :(.
Wasn't ME asking about Space Marine DLC Bundle, it was TEBOW.

(Side Note: I already own Space Marine base game and don't care about the DLC honestly).

Thing is - I can somehow grasp what Tebow says, if I think about what he types and the way he words things. ;)

So, yeah - I'm fluent in Tebonics. ;)

I'm like a Tebonics-To-English human-version of Babelfish. ;)

We'll have MP3 by itself for $9.99.

Cheers,

Tony
I already own that - and I think MP3 for $10 is worth every penny. :D

EDIT:

Oh, hell - the MP3 + Season Pass bundle (for $10) is the better deal, content-wise.

Wasn't ME asking about Space Marine DLC Bundle, it was TEBOW.

(Side Note: I already own Space Marine base game and don't care about the DLC honestly).

Thing is - I can somehow grasp what Tebow says, if I think about what he types and the way he words things. ;)

So, yeah - I'm fluent in Tebonics. ;)

I'm like a Tebonics-To-English human-version of Babelfish. ;)

I already own that - and I think MP3 for $10 is worth every penny. :D

EDIT:

Oh, hell - the MP3 + Season Pass bundle (for $10) is the better deal, content-wise.
im lost what mysterd can u translate what tony said in tony lanugage abhahah jk oh okay thanks and why tony u give me sale that are great to others but sadly u little late for me i already have all max payne games and sims aint my type and vampire is okay but not my type my type is transformer fall for cyberton or the newest one with dlc

Amazon DVG Deals said:
Upcoming deals, who's jazzed?

10/24-10/30:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition: $14.99 add-on content (Reverie and Resurrection) included with the full game.
Max Payne Complete Bundle (Link still being built): $14.99 contains:

Max Payne
Max Payne 2
Max Payne 3
Max Payne 3 Season Pass

Max Payne 3 + Season Pass: $9.99
Max Payne 3 Season Pass: $7.49
Max Payne 2: $2.49
Max Payne: $2.49
Max Payne 3 Painful Memories Pack: $2.49
Max Payne 3 Deathmatch Made in Heaven Pack: $2.49
Max Payne 3 Hostage Negotiation Pack: $2.49
Max Payne 3 Local Justice Pack: $1.99

10/24-10/31

The Walking Dead: $6.25
The Walking Dead 400 Days: $1.25
The Walking Dead + 400 Days: $7.49
The Cave: $3.69
Condemned Criminal Origins: $3.69

We'll also have a ton of Sims stuff on sale for 60-70% off.

10/30-11/1:

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines $4.99

Cheers,
Tony
holy crap, my wallet just opened up, gonna pick up 400 days and the cave definitely.

ccie3554 said:
So maybe "grease the skids" was a poor choice of cliché for that code. I don't make them, I just drop 'em. You can quit staring at my bum now spoder.
get a room, preferably one without any windows. ;)
georgebot84 said:
Where is Idiot??
he went on Sabbatical, here's a pic of his last known location.
Sabbatical1.jpg

I got 400 Days, since I already had TWD. I put it into Steam, and it says it's already associated with the account, and to click next to install. The next button doesn't exist, only back and finish. I've looked under the library to install that way, and it doesn't appear. Can anyone suggest a fix?

I got 400 Days, since I already had TWD. I put it into Steam, and it says it's already associated with the account, and to click next to install. The next button doesn't exist, only back and finish. I've looked under the library to install that way, and it doesn't appear. Can anyone suggest a fix?
You might try restarting the Steam client?

400 Days is DLC for the Walking Dead, not a separate entry. If you already have the Walking Dead installed, that's why it's not giving you a next button. Right click on TWD and see if it shows up in the DLC list.

I bought 400 days last time it was on sale. I wish I waited, but it's still a great DLC. 

I can't wait for the sequel. 

Gonna grab 400 Days and the cave for sure. Will have to debate Castlevania. Really want to play but feel like it will be cheaper real soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back