Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Batman : AO still got promotion? I bought 6 hour ago but didn't got mail confirm about promotion $10 and mortal kombat.

I bought it quite a bit further back than six hours ago and still haven't received the promotional credit or Mortal Kombat.  I presumed that the pre-load launch did something similar to what happened last time, in that while the release was pushed up to coincide with the pre-load, the promotional credit/items were still timed for some time after the 25th officially hit the Pacific time zone.

Kinda want to bite on the max payne 3 DLC for PC. but i dont have steam. my steam is acting up that i just dont want to bother with it. can i just add the code through in game menus?

Eh...I found a $10 promo in my spam folder.  No MK Arcade Kollection e-mail, though.  Also, the $10 credit, doesn't work on DVG. :(

EDIT: And no keys for Demonicon.  Game flipped to "currently unavailable" on launch.  Between that, the $10 credit only working on physical product (seriously, what's up with that?), and Arkham Origins still unpacking (I should have just started the download at midnight rather than preloading.  It never seems to work properly. Although that's definitely on  Steam.)  this has been a fairly wasted evening.

Any chance to see these games on a sale too ?

They just came back and with Steam keys this time

Chronicles of Riddick - Assault on Dark Athena (Steam key being sold on ImpulseDriven / Gamestop)

Ghostbusters - The Video Game (Steam key being sold on ImpulseDriven / Gamestop)

SAW (Back on Steam)

Batman : AO still got promotion? I bought 6 hour ago but didn't got mail confirm about promotion $10 and mortal kombat.

I bought it quite a bit further back than six hours ago and still haven't received the promotional credit or Mortal Kombat. I presumed that the pre-load launch did something similar to what happened last time, in that while the release was pushed up to coincide with the pre-load, the promotional credit/items were still timed for some time after the 25th officially hit the Pacific time zone.

Purchased mine 2 weeks ago. I got my $10 promotion, but still waiting for the other goodies.

Eh...I found a $10 promo in my spam folder. No MK Arcade Kollection e-mail, though. Also, the $10 credit, doesn't work on DVG. :(

EDIT: And no keys for Demonicon. Game flipped to "currently unavailable" on launch. Between that, the $10 credit only working on physical product (seriously, what's up with that?), and Arkham Origins still unpacking (I should have just started the download at midnight rather than preloading. It never seems to work properly. Although that's definitely on Steam.) this has been a fairly wasted evening.
Are you sure it doesn't work on DVG? What are you trying to buy? I'll check on this when I get into the office, but this shouldn't be the case.

Promotion gone in that page cry didn't get anything yet ;A;
Yes, as with all of our pre-order promotions, and as indicated on the page, pre-order bonuses can take up to 2 days from launch to get out to the customer.

If you pre-ordered the game, you should be getting your $10 credit and credit for the Mortal Kombat Arcade today or tomorrow.

Cheers,

Tony

I did, and no luck. I had to run to work, so I'll try again tonight. I guess if that doesn't work, I'll contact Amazon support.

Any luck? Just purchased it myself and it's currently downloading. It doesn't show up in the library, but if I right click on "The Walking Dead" and choose Properties, then select the DLC tab 400 Days is listed there.

Update: Just booted the game and 400 Days is listed with the rest of the episodes.

Chronicles of Riddick - Assault on Dark Athena (Steam key being sold on ImpulseDriven / Gamestop)
Ghostbusters - The Video Game (Steam key being sold on ImpulseDriven / Gamestop)
SAW (Back on Steam)
Wait, WHAT?! When was this?

Has anyone tested these from GameStop? Especially digging ghostbusters...

EDIT: so yeah, went on gamestop and bought both Riddick and Ghostbusters. DLing on Steam as we speak...

I looked on Amazon and both games seem to be No-DRM versions (Gamestop actually has Riddick for 4.99 versus 16.99). I didn't want to take the chance; I actually missed out on Ghostbusters once...

Thanks for the info!

Also, thanks Tony for coming through on Castlevania!

Did Tages DRM ever get removed from the Steam-version of the game?

Or any other versions of the game?

I know GOG has it DRM-FREE.

I actually have had this for YEARS from Retail - still unplayed.

Did Tages DRM ever get removed from the Steam-version of the game?

Or any other versions of the game?

I know GOG has it DRM-FREE.

I actually have had this for YEARS from Retail - still unplayed.
According to posts on Reddit, it's still using Tages and at 3 activations.

Hey,

I am wondering if Amazon has any plans to put EVE Online (starter packs or gametime) on sale anytime soon. I'm not expecting or demanding a price match of Steam's current weekend deal on EVE or anything, just hoping for a "yes, you should hold on just a little bit longer" to avoid having to lock in all my logins and gametime payments through Steam...

Are you sure it doesn't work on DVG? What are you trying to buy? I'll check on this when I get into the office, but this shouldn't be the case.
Yes, unfortunately. I've tried new stuff and stuff older than 30 days in case that was the issue. Products more than $10 and products less and it never triggers the credit.

Also, still no keys for Demonicon. Did Kalypso just not supply them yet?

Hey,

I am wondering if Amazon has any plans to put EVE Online (starter packs or gametime) on sale anytime soon. I'm not expecting or demanding a price match of Steam's current weekend deal on EVE or anything, just hoping for a "yes, you should hold on just a little bit longer" to avoid having to lock in all my logins and gametime payments through Steam...
We just did one and I'm hoping to do one again around Black Friday. Nothing is locked in yet though.

Yes, unfortunately. I've tried new stuff and stuff older than 30 days in case that was the issue. Products more than $10 and products less and it never triggers the credit.

Also, still no keys for Demonicon. Did Kalypso just not supply them yet?
Unsure on Demonicon I'm following up with Kalypso now, also we just tested the $10 credit internally and it is working on Digital Products.

Can you confirm that you received an email that says:

"Thank you for purchasing "Batman: Arkham Origins" from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that your order entitles you to a $10 Amazon promotional credit. This credit can be used toward the purchase of anything shipped and sold by Amazon.com (excludes products sold by 3rd party merchants and gift certificates) until 10/24/2014 (certain exclusions apply). To redeem your credit, simply purchase a qualifying product. Your credit will be automatically applied during checkout."

If you did not it means that your backfill has not yet kicked off yet. If you did, PM me your order ID and I'll have CS dig into your account to see what's up.

Cheers,

Tony

I'm still debating on Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow.  My problem is that I bought the game on PS3 (course, right before the announcement that it was coming to Steam.) and I still haven't gotten to it yet.  I've been wondering if the DLC was worth getting this for.

I got that email, but can't get it to apply to anything, I'm not impatient though. I need to put my wallet on lockdown until Black Friday. :p

Quick question guys,

If we were to enable the ability to send a product to someone else via email in the next couple of months, would you use it or ask people to gift you things using it?

If so, try to be descriptive in your response, I am going to be sending these to our dev team as justification for possibly enabling this functionality.

Cheers,

Tony

Tony, please tell me there is a Sonic bundle in the works that includes Racing Transformed. I've been debating it every time it goes on sale, and with it once again hitting $5 on GMG I'm >this< close to pulling the trigger. But since I don't own any Sonic games on PC I would be very very interested in grabbing a complete (or mostly) pack from you and Amazon if it's a possibility sometime soon.

Work your magic Tony :pray:

Tony, please tell me there is a Sonic bundle in the works that includes Racing Transformed. I've been debating it every time it goes on sale, and with it once again hitting $5 on GMG I'm &gt;this&lt; close to pulling the trigger. But since I don't own any Sonic games on PC I would be very very interested in grabbing a complete (or mostly) pack from you and Amazon if it's a possibility sometime soon.

I'll hit up Sega right now.

Cheers,

Tony

Quick question guys,

If we were to enable the ability to send a product to someone else via email in the next couple of months, would you use it or ask people to gift you things using it?

If so, try to be descriptive in your response, I am going to be sending these to our dev team as justification for possibly enabling this functionality.

Cheers,

Tony
Tony, does that mean I could take a game (i'm assuming an unclaimed key) from my library and send it to someone or does it only work at point of purchase? Either way, hopefully the game does not show up in my library.

btw - since you've got the devs' ears (tails?) and nov/dec sales are coming again any chance you guys will be updating the download page?

some suggestions:

• a way to search our library - paging through things to find a game is all a guess work
  • anyway to filter by type of game? say steam/origin/amazon - this way we could find games we have to download from amazon fast.
  • more on filters, how about showing claimed/unclaimed keys
  • better way to handle dlcs - either let us hide them or group them with the game and have them as something we can unhide - some of the games have dozens of dlcs taking up pages and somtimes spread across diff pages.
  • minimally, if the team can at least make the paging system a bit more user friendly. use the same page number size and navigation as rest of amazon - right now it's tiny little numbers that are hard to tell which is the current page, and make paging a bit faster - maybe let us choose larger number of games per page?

anyone else have any ideas on the download page?

thanks

Tony, does that mean I could take a game (i'm assuming an unclaimed key) from my library and send it to someone or does it only work at point of purchase? Either way, hopefully the game does not show up in my library.

btw - since you've got the devs' ears (tails?) and nov/dec sales are coming again any chance you guys will be updating the download page?

some suggestions:

• a way to search our library - paging through things to find a game is all a guess work
  • anyway to filter by type of game? say steam/origin/amazon - this way we could find games we have to download from amazon fast.
  • more on filters, how about showing claimed/unclaimed keys
  • better way to handle dlcs - either let us hide them or group them with the game and have them as something we can unhide - some of the games have dozens of dlcs taking up pages and somtimes spread across diff pages.
  • minimally, if the team can at least make the paging system a bit more user friendly. use the same page number size and navigation as rest of amazon - right now it's tiny little numbers that are hard to tell which is the current page, and make paging a bit faster - maybe let us choose larger number of games per page?

anyone else have any ideas on the download page?

thanks
Word, thanks dude, this is exactly what I was hoping to get. Keep it coming CAG :).

Cheers,
Tony

Quick question guys,

Cheers,

Tony
So...a couple of questions about this:

1. Can there be a timed delivery. Like, I order something today and the product is delivered on Xmas day. Your question isn't clear as to whether you mean that or for the functionality added in the next few months.

2. How does this work with price changes, assuming your'e talking about delayed delivery as per #1? The biggest problem I have with asking people to give me digital gifts is that, unlike me, they don't know when to pull the trigger. I'd hate for somebody to buy me a gift on Amazon today that costs $40 and then have it go on sale before the time of delivery for $10. I can see some pretty serious problems with handling this from the perspective of a CAG-type person. It seems like it'd work fine for the typical buyer, however, who isn't as deal-aware.

So...a couple of questions about this:

1. Can there be a timed delivery. Like, I order something today and the product is delivered on Xmas day. Your question isn't clear as to whether you mean that or for the functionality added in the next few months.

2. How does this work with price changes, assuming your'e talking about delayed delivery as per #1? The biggest problem I have with asking people to give me digital gifts is that, unlike me, they don't know when to pull the trigger. I'd hate for somebody to buy me a gift on Amazon today that costs $40 and then have it go on sale before the time of delivery for $10. I can see some pretty serious problems with handling this from the perspective of a CAG-type person. It seems like it'd work fine for the typical buyer, however, who isn't as deal-aware.
Negative, the delivery would be at point of purchase, basically on the purchase confirmation page there would be a button that says "email this to someone" at which point you'd enter an email address and off it goes.

Cheers,

Tony

Hey guys,

I wanted to let you guys know that we'll be kicking off a promotion starting Sunday (10/27) on 12 month Xbox gold subscriptions on Sunday. Anyone who buys this:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Month-Gold-Membership-Online/dp/B002VBWIP6 will get an additional $20 Xbox Giftcard with their purchase.

Any thoughts on what threads to post this in here on CAG?

Cheers,
Tony
Is there any chance you might do a similar promotion for a PlayStation Plus 12 month subscription? Perhaps in the future?

I'm not well versed in Xbox thread knowledge but maybe this one? XBL Deals

Hey guys,

I wanted to let you guys know that we'll be kicking off a promotion starting Sunday (10/27) on 12 month Xbox gold subscriptions on Sunday. Anyone who buys this:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Month-Gold-Membership-Online/dp/B002VBWIP6 will get an additional $20 Xbox Giftcard with their purchase.

Any thoughts on what threads to post this in here on CAG?

Cheers,
Tony
I'd love to see an equivalent for PSN, or perhaps a 1-year sub of PS+ for $30 like Gamestop is doing for BF. :)

Tony, please tell me there is a Sonic bundle in the works that includes Racing Transformed. I've been debating it every time it goes on sale, and with it once again hitting $5 on GMG I'm &gt;this&lt; close to pulling the trigger. But since I don't own any Sonic games on PC I would be very very interested in grabbing a complete (or mostly) pack from you and Amazon if it's a possibility sometime soon.

I can TOTALLY relate on wanting a game to be part of a bundle to save money, but let me make this more complicated for you: Sonic Racing Transformed is the best hidden gem I've bought this year. Easily worth $5. Heck, I got it for $7.50 and still think it was a steal.

Heck, it has local-multiplayer! (I love local multiplayer)

I can TOTALLY relate on wanting a game to be part of a bundle to save money, but let me make this more complicated for you: Sonic Racing Transformed is the best hidden gem I've bought this year. Easily worth $5. Heck, I got it for $7.50 and still think it was a steal.

I didn't play the MP, but the SP campaign is amazing. Tons of fun I haven't had in a racing game since the original Mario Kart--but much, much better. The transforming tracks and vehicles add so much to the game, the difficulties go from cake to ridiculous, and the variety of modes, maps, mods via unlocking keeps you playing.

Tony, the Demonicon codes have populated now.  Thank you.

I also sent you a PM with my Arkham Origins Order ID, just wanted to make sure you had received it.

I didn't play the MP, but the SP campaign is amazing. Tons of fun I haven't had in a racing game since the original Mario Kart--but much, much better. The transforming tracks and vehicles add so much to the game, the difficulties go from cake to ridiculous, and the variety of modes, maps, mods via unlocking keeps you playing.
I'll second this. The first game was good when I played it on the Wii, but Transformed is even better. The game is addictive as hell and has that "one more time" hook.

Oh believe me I know, I played the demo and was immediately in love. If I don't hear anything from Tony by the end of the weekend I'll cave, but he's surprised me many time before so I'm willing to hold out longer in hopes he can do it again ^_^

Tony, the Demonicon codes have populated now. Thank you.

I also sent you a PM with my Arkham Origins Order ID, just wanted to make sure you had received it.
Yep, I got it, we're following up now.

Also,

1. Sega Sonic Bundle with Transformed is in the works, but for December, so it depends on your willingness to wait.

2. If you're looking at the Risen bundle on Steam right now, we'll have the same thing for $5.99 on Black Friday, only $4 difference but I know where I'm at...

Cheers,

Tony

Will there be a Risen 2 DLC bundle too?
That's what I need - the DLCs in a nice bundle.

Tony,

many folks picked up the Risen duos in the recent bundle (was it humble? I lost track where I got it from) so something nice with the DLCs will probably be popular.

thanks

That's what I need - the DLCs in a nice bundle.

Tony,

many folks picked up the Risen duos in the recent bundle (was it humble? I lost track where I got it from) so something nice with the DLCs will probably be popular.

thanks
Here's what's in it:

Risen

Risen 2

Risen 2 - Pirate's Clothes DLC

Risen 2 - Treasure Isle DLC

Risen 2 - Air Temple DLC

Cheers,

Tony

2. If you're looking at the Risen bundle on Steam right now, we'll have the same thing for $5.99 on Black Friday, only $4 difference but I know where I'm at...
Sold! (Or rather, not sold, this weekend, on that other site.)

Oh, and umm... Steam keys for Black Friday bundle, right? Looks like Risen is offered in both Steam and non-Steam flavors.

Thanks, Tony!

Here's what's in it:

Risen Risen 2 Risen 2 - Pirate's Clothes DLC Risen 2 - Treasure Isle DLC Risen 2 - Air Temple DLC

Cheers,

Tony
Are those all separate Steam-keys?

I already own Risen 1 + Risen 2 (base game) on Steam.

I'm only missing the Risen 2 DLC's.

Maybe 90ish minutes each.  The package itself is a great deal... unless you already got the base games in the Deep Silver HIB.

Hi Tony, any chance at a deal for Borderlands 2 goty anytime soon? Been wanting to play this game for a while, always passed on sales for the regular edition. I'm really tempted to buy the regular edition that's on sale somewhere else now but I don't think it's worth it if I want to buy the dlc later. So are there any deals planned for Borderlands 2 + dlc or goty edition? Thanks :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back