Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I got it, we're following up now.

Also,

1. Sega Sonic Bundle with Transformed is in the works, but for December, so it depends on your willingness to wait.

2. If you're looking at the Risen bundle on Steam right now, we'll have the same thing for $5.99 on Black Friday, only $4 difference but I know where I'm at...

Cheers,

Tony
will u have etransfromer black friday bundle so much better ehh and Season pass for mll

Just finished TWD DLC 400 Days. Great addition to the series. Thanks Tony for the great price!

As with TWD I hope to buy The Wolf Among Us from an amazing Amazon deal  :bow:

Have a razor 2 key to gave to the first who can tell me which game I consider the best of all times (on PC at least). Clue: Is part of a long game series. #7 to be specific.

Edit: gone. (Answer: Ultima 7)

will u have etransfromer black friday bundle so much better ehh and Season pass for mll
MysterD's Translation of Tebow's question from Tebonics-to-English:

@Tony / Amazon DVG

"Tony, will you have on a Black Friday a Transformers Bundle and Season Pass on sale for Tebow?"

(SIDE NOTE: MysterD himself is not interested in this at all, but Tebow actually is.)

EDIT:

ur not doing ur job mysterd get tony to answer my quesitons u bad boy
@Tebow

Is that better, Tebow? :p

I just bought my first download from Gamestop/Impulse and didn't have to pay sales tax. Amazon should do the same thing. pretty please?

jKpRE1H.png

Any hint as to the price? If it's $15 or less I can hold out, but otherwise...thanks for the fast response either way ^_^
I don't have a price locked in yet unfortunately.

MysterD's Translation of Tebow's question from Tebonics-to-English:

@Tony / Amazon DVG

"Tony, will you have on a Black Friday a Transformers Bundle and Season Pass on sale for Tebow?"

(SIDE NOTE: MysterD himself is not interested in this at all, but Tebow actually is.)

EDIT:

@Tebow

Is that better, Tebow? :p
Haha, got it, and the answer is I'm not sure but I can ask.

Cheers,

Tony

tony season pass is for metro last light
@Tebow

Hell, I'm still waiting for Metro: Last Light base game to go on sale for that!

Now you got me curious!

@Tony

Can we expect any sales on everything Metro: Last Light soon?

Maybe around Halloween, Black Friday or X-Mas?

I'd be looking for...

Metro: Last Light (base game)?

Metro: Last Light - Season Pass?

An Metro: LL Bundle w/ both Metro: Last Light (base game) + Season Pass?

Hey guys,

I wanted to let you guys know that we'll be kicking off a promotion starting Sunday (10/27) on 12 month Xbox gold subscriptions on Sunday. Anyone who buys this:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Month-Gold-Membership-Online/dp/B002VBWIP6 will get an additional $20 Xbox Giftcard with their purchase.

Any thoughts on what threads to post this in here on CAG?

Cheers,
Tony
So far I haven't seen it available on Amazon but would I be able to get a XBOX One Day One 12 Month Subscription Card and still get the $20 XBOX gift card with purchase? I have my XBOX One Day One edition pre-ordered with Amazon and am planning on getting Killer Instinct. If you buy the Day One XBOX Live Card then you receive exclusive content for Killer Instinct.

I thought the sales tax of digital goods/services was a Washington state thing, not exclusive to Amazon.
Different states have different laws. A lot of states have nexus laws, so you're charged tax if a company has presense in your state. For example, Newegg opened up a shipping facility in Memphis (I live in TN) and they started charging tax for me. Prior to that, no tax. Amazon is still no-tax for me, but that's because they've worked out some deal with Tennessee to put off the tax collection as part of the bargain they made when they opened a shipping facility here (my understanding, anyway.) That'll probably end soon.

Dell has presence in Tennessee so I'm taxed, but if I have something shipped to my parents in Florida, no tax.

Different states have different laws. A lot of states have nexus laws, so you're charged tax if a company has presense in your state. For example, Newegg opened up a shipping facility in Memphis (I live in TN) and they started charging tax for me. Prior to that, no tax. Amazon is still no-tax for me, but that's because they've worked out some deal with Tennessee to put off the tax collection as part of the bargain they made when they opened a shipping facility here (my understanding, anyway.) That'll probably end soon.

Dell has presence in Tennessee so I'm taxed, but if I have something shipped to my parents in Florida, no tax.
there gamefly with secret tax no offense they diddndt evne give u a chance to find out after u paid the taxes kind of the worst business at least most companies shows it to u before u buy it just saying

@Tebow

Hell, I'm still waiting for Metro: Last Light base game to go on sale for that!

Now you got me curious!

@Tony

Can we expect any sales on everything Metro: Last Light soon?

Maybe around Halloween, Black Friday or X-Mas?

I'd be looking for...

Metro: Last Light (base game)?

Metro: Last Light - Season Pass?

An Metro: LL Bundle w/ both Metro: Last Light (base game) + Season Pass?
75% off plz for sp for others too if possible but all i need is season pass. and bioshock inifnite season pass too 75% off that all i need for the newest games that i have base

So, no one answered my question about Castlevania a couple of pages back.  If I have it for the PS3, is it worth getting this bundle for the DLC?

Never knew Amazon and tax were such a hot button topic, hot enough that there's a Wikipedia entry about it.

I guess I just live outside the law. {He says in his best cheesy cowboy voice.}
It's been a huge deal for some time now. California in particular really went after them over it.

That being said, Amazon doesn't verify any address you give them at all which is why Europeans are using Oregon addresses so they not only get the items that are supposed to be sold to the US only but they also get out of any sales tax.

You could put 1313 Mockingbird Lane or 123 Candyland or whatever. It doesn't matter. They don't check in any way whatsoever but just take you people at their word and for digital items it's not like it's actually getting delivered to the address people give.

Their tax collection (and regional restrictions) for digital items are pretty much on an honor system with the honor part being that you give them a truthful address when you checkout.

75% off plz for sp for others too if possible but all i need is season pass. and bioshock inifnite season pass too 75% off that all i need for the newest games that i have base
I think we can unfortunately dream @ 75% off Bioshock: Infinite Season Pass coming ASAP, since The last 2 of the DLC's ain't even been released yet!

EDIT:

Hey Tony, can you get us a good deal on federal law so we can buy it out?
I thought that's what the Amazon Prime service is for? ;)

EDIT 2:

Never knew Amazon and tax were such a hot button topic, hot enough that there's a Wikipedia entry about it.

I guess I just live outside the law. {He says in his best cheesy cowboy voice.}
That voice sounds like Colton White from GUN. ;)

I think we can unfortunately dream @ 75% off Bioshock: Infinite Season Pass coming ASAP, since The last 2 of the DLC's ain't even been released yet!

EDIT:

I thought that's what the Amazon Prime service is for? ;)

EDIT 2:

That voice sounds like Colton White from GUN. ;)
but we can always ask our magician heh tony to do his magic

So, no one answered my question about Castlevania a couple of pages back. If I have it for the PS3, is it worth getting this bundle for the DLC?
It depends, the DLC chapters are actually really hard but do explain the story between LoS 1 and 2. If you have a PS3 you may want to consider buying Lords of Shadow Collection, that comes with all the DLC and Mirror of Fate (3DS remake). It was 29.99 before on Amazon but is 39.99 now for pre-order.

It depends, the DLC chapters are actually really hard but do explain the story between LoS 1 and 2. If you have a PS3 you may want to consider buying Lords of Shadow Collection, that comes with all the DLC and Mirror of Fate (3DS remake). It was 29.99 before on Amazon but is 39.99 now for pre-order.
I'm kinda hoping that Mirror of Fate HD will be making it's way to PC as well, even more so since Lord of Shadows 2 is supposed to be coming out on PC.

I'm kinda hoping that Mirror of Fate HD will be making it's way to PC as well, even more so since Lord of Shadows 2 is supposed to be coming out on PC.
Mirror of Fate HD is coming to pc but the date is unkown right now, but maybe in a couple months prolly

Nope, sorry! I'd need a copy for myself first. :)

But here's two copies of Broken Sword: Director's Cut

DWHXL-8GKRQ-H09V7
EDPDG-8X2ZJ-ZD34W
Tried the bottom one first and it said that it was used. So then I tried the top code and that worked. So they're both accounted for now.

Thanks for the drop. :)

You could put 1313 Mockingbird Lane or 123 Candyland or whatever. It doesn't matter. They don't check in any way whatsoever but just take you people at their word and for digital items it's not like it's actually getting delivered to the address people give.
Jake: How are you gonna get the band back together, Mr. Hot Rodder? Those cops have your name, your address...

Elwood: They don't have my address. I falsified my renewal. I put down 1060 West Addison.

Jake: 1060 West Addison? That's Wrigley Field!

There is probably going to be a bill passed requiring all online purchases to be taxed. I can't remember what it is called but I do know that Amazon is a big supporter of it because they plan on expanding warehouses into most of the states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back