Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely will never be buying another bundle if this becomes a thing in the future. I've refused to use the Steam connect thing for years and will continue to do so.
It's a time traveler! Catch him so we can obtain his technology!

The Steam connect feature didn't exist until today, unless you're talking about using it to link to sites like steamgifts?

Been avoiding game sales like the plague due to bills but now I can look again

Per the OP, is the Max Payne bundle no longer on sale or is something going on with it?

Currently links to $89.96...

Hmmm, I don't see Falllout 3 GOTY for $4.99 (steam price) @ Amazon ?

I thought Tony said they will PM all steam's sales ?

Definitely will never be buying another bundle if this becomes a thing in the future. I've refused to use the Steam connect thing for years and will continue to do so.
Why? What do you have against account linking?

Either way, they're going to continue offering DRM-free downloads for most games. But for Steam-only games, I don't see why account linking would be an issue.

Sure, it's annoying that I won't be able to drop my extra keys here for you guys, but it also means that assholes can't try to sell the keys for full-price to unsuspecting people.

Why? What do you have against account linking?

Either way, they're going to continue offering DRM-free downloads for most games. But for Steam-only games, I don't see why account linking would be an issue.

Sure, it's annoying that I won't be able to drop my extra keys here for you guys, but it also means that assholes can't try to sell the keys for full-price to unsuspecting people.
I've always felt weird about account linking fearing that somehow it's going to lead to someone gaining access. I guess it's partly due to not knowing how much access the other side has to my account.

I don't really care about the non-resale of keys but, yeah, I'm a bit wary about linking my Steam account to other websites.

Edit: INFECTION!

Speakings of... I just wrapped up the first episode of Walking Dead, having purchased it from Amazon this morning on a whim.

Pretty damn entertaining. Two hours went by fairy quick on me.

Now I'm really looking forward to Telltale's wolf game to get discounted.

Ugh, this conversation is now infecting three separate threads. Could we talk about something else...PLEASE...
u have to link ur booty to steam yup jk man joking how much i hate amazon new shipping rates fucking jerks. and how i hate govt betray us why would i paid taxes to traitors

I don't really care about the non-resale of keys but, yeah, I'm a bit wary about linking my Steam account to other websites.

Edit: INFECTION!
mooby likes infection dont u mooby moooby hates people

girls gone wild in nurse witch maid latex uniform spanky mysterd mns neuro mind link

They're not 'forcing' you to buy it. *rolleyes*

Anyway, I have 3 extra copies of Natural Selection 2 on Steam to give away, if anyone is interested, please PM your email address (They're steam gifts, not keys, sorry)

And please post here or something when you PM, so that I don't get a million people PM'ing me all at once. :p

All gone! Sending emails in a moment.

Anyway, I have 3 extra copies of Natural Selection 2 on Steam to give away, if anyone is interested, please PM your email address (They're steam gifts, not keys, sorry)

And please post here or something when you PM, so that I don't get a million people PM'ing me all at once. :p
PMed. Thanks either way :)

Edit:

Got lucky and got one! Thanks so much! You are awesome!

A humble bundle employee came over today, and told me he would shank me when I least expected it, at an extremely inconvenient time, unless I bought the bundle. I mean, that's not really forcing me, persay, but I have a job interview coming up on Monday, and it would be extremely inconvenient if I were to be shanked during it.

I pm'ed you :)

Seriously, you're awesome for all that you've done.

EDIT: Awesome!! We should all have a CAG showdown :twisted:

PM'd, I'm sure I'm too late though.

EDIT: Apparently I wasn't too late.. thanks again.

So, I was trying to decide the other day whether I wanted to spend some of my remaining Amazon credit (*cough*, thread relevance) on one of the Sims 3 expansions that's on sale for some indeterminate period of time.
I decided not to. I'm holding out for Tony's Cyber Monday deals which will hopefully be awesome and cheap.
Given that I hadn't actually played any of the Sims 3 pack that came in the Humble Origin Bundle, I decided to download it and give it a shot. Because at heart I'm a fairly dull person, most of my game avatars are disturbingly similar to me in a physical sense and so I created a person who looked pretty close to what I look like and also had a similar personality. Then I played through the brief tutorial, which had me buying him a house and a couch and fulfilling his dream of spending a few minutes sitting on a couch (I think I'm having that desire myself right about now). Then I was told I needed to switch to "live mode" to save the game. I clicked the "live mode" button and was surprised to see my sim alter ego hail a cab and head downtown. I clicked on the "find sim" button to see him strolling behind a store and jumping into a dumpster while the message text in the upper lefthand corner of the screen advised me that he was "dumpster diving." Now considering that I modelled this fake person after myself, I'm getting the distinct feeling that EA is trying to make some kind of comment about me and it's not a good one.

I don't remember how long Amazon DVG's BS:I weekend sale was.

I bought Bioshock: Infinite from GMG.

1PM PST.

was bi from tony on friday looks like it toommrorow then 11/2 so guess it saturday between 1-130am mst or 3-330 am mysterd time

andd why amazon why tony why u do this to me i want to save but for 12.99+ dlc ddamn tony needs to get dlc bundle for ds3 god damn it for 5bucks so i can finish my damn dead space 3 collection and crysis 3 is crtytek making dlc??? i guesss looks like it but cmon crytek put on steam u jerks heh

Whoa, contrary to yesterday, the complete Max Payne bundle in the OP is back on sale ($14.99)

Thanks to whoever brought it back

1PM PST.

was bi from tony on friday looks like it toommrorow then 11/2 so guess it saturday between 1-130am mst or 3-330 am mysterd time

andd why amazon why tony why u do this to me i want to save but for 12.99+ dlc ddamn tony needs to get dlc bundle for ds3 god damn it for 5bucks so i can finish my damn dead space 3 collection and crysis 3 is crtytek making dlc??? i guesss looks like it but cmon crytek put on steam u jerks heh
I think Crytek is part of the partners program w/ EA.

I don't know how much pull they have w/ putting C3: Complete on Steam, but they might need to also bother EA about this.

They'll need to drop no more DLC, for it to wind-up on Steam.

What DLC is there for Crysis 3 though? Just the one multiplayer expansion, right? Lost Island or something like that? Is there more? I don't really need the one that is there, but if it's included in the deal, then bonus. 

Personally, I voted for Crysis 3 since I already have DS3. So I can't wait to see it go live tomorrow(or tonight, as I'll be up late most likely, lol).

Brent

I think Crytek is part of the partners program w/ EA.

I don't know how much pull they have w/ putting C3: Complete on Steam, but they might need to also bother EA about this.

They'll need to drop no more DLC, for it to wind-up on Steam.
yea that why it still a chance i they want to more moeny and i think the alst dlc wasnt it lost island they didnt say much about it since and also i think since crysis 3 failed ea expection like ds3 and moh warfighter no mroe dlc http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-crysis-3-and-dead-space-3-did-not-meet-expectations/1100-6408060/

What DLC is there for Crysis 3 though? Just the one multiplayer expansion, right? Lost Island or something like that? Is there more? I don't really need the one that is there, but if it's included in the deal, then bonus.

Personally, I voted for Crysis 3 since I already have DS3. So I can't wait to see it go live tomorrow(or tonight, as I'll be up late most likely, lol).

Brent
yea i think that the only dlc since they create c3? i check their twitter nothing about any dlc look i buy it and out comes a new dlc

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back