Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want to pick up the Far Cry 3 Deluxe Bundle with Blood Dragon because I have been waiting for a good price on the two of them but really with next-gen basically here and already a massive backlog I am not sure if it is worth it right now.

I have waited this long already to play it, what is another 6 months to hopefully see the bundle be at $15?

*Forgot they are UPlay anyway. No dice.

Damn, sorry Tony but I am holding out for $10 FC3 at this point. It keeps getting tantalizingly low, but not low enough. If you can bundle the 2 games for $15 around Xmas/early next year I'd grab it for sure.
with steam key plz deluxe 10-15buccks yo is much bettter and mysterd u say one word and i chat with jenna haze to spank you

I really want to pick up the Far Cry 3 Deluxe Bundle with Blood Dragon because I have been waiting for a good price on the two of them but really with next-gen basically here and already a massive backlog I am not sure if it is worth it right now.

I have waited this long already to play it, what is another 6 months to hopefully see the bundle be at $15?

*Forgot they are UPlay anyway. No dice.
You should definitely start on your next gen backlog ASAP.

Hey Tony.  Any chance of just Blood Dragon for around $5 or so?  That's one I would snag a uPlay code for as my Steam copy is a buggy PoS which crashes immediately after launching it.  There's a fair number of us on the Steam forums for both this and FC3 with the same issue, but have no issues playing the direct uPlay copy.  Fair warning to anyone looking at this. 

Pixel junk package too expensive for what it is. I understand that these are ports of the console games from 2-3+ years ago right?

Ill wait for a better package deal in the future....

FYI for those wondering about Payday 2, I think we're matching that shortly but we'll have it for significantly less around Thanksgiving ($9.79 single, $29.99 4 pack.

Cheers,

Tony

FYI for those wondering about Payday 2, I think we're matching that shortly but we'll have it for significantly less around Thanksgiving ($9.79 single, $29.99 4 pack.

Cheers,

Tony
damn u tony 7.49 my price for 4 pack okay im in 4pack then so u all know cant wait u magic machine!! damn eearlier than thought

Yeah. I knew it was a longshot. Regarding the infamous TAGES... Isn't the Amazon version of the game DRM-free?
As far as I'm aware, the digital version is only available in Steam and Tages DRM structures. The physical copies were/are available as DRM Free, however.

Commence Fall key cleanout >>>

So I've got some keys to get rid of, but wanted to do things a bit differently, so PM me the answer to this riddle along with the game you'd like from the following:

King's Bounty: Warriors of the North - Valhalla Edition

Call of Juarez

Legends of Dawn

Project Night (Desura)

Criteria: must have at least 50 posts/likes.

Here goes:

Mice are famous for their ability to multiply at breakneck speeds. The type of mouse we have here gives birth once a month, birthing 12 babies each time. Baby mice mature and can give birth two months after they are born.

You picked up one of these darling baby mice at the pet shop and brought it home the day after it was born. In 10 months from now, how many mice will you have?

Monkeys use google to solve their problems; don't be a monkey!

I don't want any games either and I feel like being a spoilsport: none, cause the cat ate it, and you only had one to begin with!

Hey Tony. Any chance of just Blood Dragon for around $5 or so? That's one I would snag a uPlay code for as my Steam copy is a buggy PoS which crashes immediately after launching it. There's a fair number of us on the Steam forums for both this and FC3 with the same issue, but have no issues playing the direct uPlay copy. Fair warning to anyone looking at this.
And people wonder why I don't like multiple DRM's on Steam-versions...

EDIT:

I'd also guess UbiSoft Q/A Dept. would probably do a better job & more thorough job of play-testing & bug-testing their very own UPlay-version as opposed to the Steam-version.

We've seen Non-Steam versions of games have less issues than Steam-versions before - especially since who knows if they took into account any of the other things Steam does - it could be actual RAM-hogging; Steam overlay; Friends List; and/or other things that are getting in the way of UPlay itself!

Have you tried disabling and of them Steam-features when playing FC3 and/or FC3:BD via Steam?

To get Vampire: Bloodlines Steam-version working properly, one of the things you had to do was disable a lot of the Steam-community features.

I do wonder if that would help here - I truly don't know, as I don't even own FC3/FC3:BD at all anywhere even.

EDIT:

I'd also guess UbiSoft Q/A Dept. would probably do a better job & more thorough job of play-testing & bug-testing their very own UPlay-version as opposed to the Steam-version.

We've seen Non-Steam versions of games have less issues than Steam-versions before - especially since who knows if they took into account any of the other things Steam does - it could be RAM-hogging; and/or doing other things, getting in the way of UPlay itself.

Have you tried disabling and of them Steam-features when playing FC3 and/or FC3:BD via Steam?

To get Vampire: Bloodlines Steam-version working properly, one of the things you had to do was disable a lot of the Steam-community features.
mysterd the drm fanatic!!!!

mysterd the drm fanatic!!!!
Yep - b/c DRM has a history of burning legit gamers like us that drop money on products. Yet, in many instances - the pirated-version has no DRM and works perfect. It's bloody pathetic and ridiculous - and a very good way to kill the used-games market (especially w/ binding keys to accounts; and install limits bullcrap).

Look at StarForce, Tages, SecuRom, and other garbage styles/types of DRM - and you'll see many times, it's the DRM getting in the actual way of the game working at all or even properly, for whatever the stupidest reason is.

Some DRM like StarForce (disc-version DRM) - that was known to shatter discs literally; ruins actual disc-drives; cause OS instabilities; and other nonsense - b/c that DRM was so uptight and b/c of the way it tried to manipulate everything w/ its garbage OS-specific drivers it installed.

It's freaking ridiculous.

The truth is DRM sucks in any form, including (and sometimes especially) Steam DRM.

Y'all may be used to it, or you're putting up with it, but it's NOT A GOOD THING™.

EDIT:

We've seen Non-Steam versions of games have less issues than Steam-versions before - especially since who knows if they took into account any of the other things Steam does - it could be actual RAM-hogging; Steam overlay; Friends List; and/or other things that are getting in the way of UPlay itself!

I do wonder if that would help here - I truly don't know, as I don't even own FC3/FC3:BD at all anywhere even.

Or if they think steam is causing the problem just launch it out of uplay....since it activates over there and once it's in uplay steam isn't required

I don't own farcry 3 so I don't know if you can do that....but I'm pretty sure you can.....since I can do that with my other steam games that require uplay

Yep - b/c DRM has a history of burning legit gamers like us that drop money on products. Yet, in many instances - the pirated-version has no DRM and works perfect. It's bloody pathetic and ridiculous - and a very good way to kill the used-games market (especially w/ binding keys to accounts; and install limits bullcrap).

Look at StarForce, Tages, SecuRom, and other garbage styles/types of DRM - and you'll see many times, it's the DRM getting in the actual way of the game working at all or even properly, for whatever the stupidest reason is.

Some DRM like StarForce (disc-version DRM) - that was known to shatter discs literally; ruins actual disc-drives; cause OS instabilities; and other nonsense - b/c that DRM was so uptight and b/c of the way it tried to manipulate everything w/ its garbage OS-specific drivers it installed.

It's freaking ridiculous.
now they should know why people pirate bcc of drm shit crap cough taggs cough gwfl cough secrom cough mysterd drm one the worst jk and steam move some of the people to buying the games cough me from want console to pc and actually buying games instead of the dark way cough few other person

Or if they think steam is causing the problem just launch it out of uplay....since it activates over there and once it's in uplay steam isn't required

I don't own farcry 3 so I don't know if you can do that....but I'm pretty sure you can.....since I can do that with my other steam games that require uplay
I actually have 2 versions of POP: TFS - Uplay only and Steam-version. I wish they were labeled. :p Would make it easier if it said (Steam) just for the Steam one.

It's been a while and all and I don't know if they changed thing - but IIRC, POP: TFS Steam-version - once you do the download via Steam and you activate that in UPlay and run that from UPlay, it will STILL force a Steam-boot up!

I have a Non-Steam version of POP:TFS from that GameStar promo.

EDIT:

Is there a work-around of some kind w/ Steam-version to not force Steam to boot?

Or did they change things?

What games are you directly speaking of?

I'd love to give this a whirl/test, if I have any UPlay games that do this! I have pretty good DL speeds over here IMHO normally ( around 5-7mb per sec).

This is exactly how I launch my Steam purchased Far Cry 3 - straight from Uplay.

Just for future reference, it would help if you quoted that you had asked for a game, so others don't ask for the same one.

Also

[customspoiler='Lurker Leftovers']King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North - F4YIY-3I0EL-NZQEV[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Lurker Leftovers']Project Night (Desura) - FWX0D-YJCWL-IC7OO-G1SVS-PWDEN[/customspoiler]

Got the project Night key .. ty

Just for future reference, it would help if you quoted that you had asked for a game, so others don't ask for the same one.

Also

[customspoiler='Lurker Leftovers']King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North - F4YIY-3I0EL-NZQEV[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Lurker Leftovers']Project Night (Desura) - FWX0D-YJCWL-IC7OO-G1SVS-PWDEN[/customspoiler]

Also

Grabbed King's Bounty. Thanks :)

Got the project Night key .. ty

Aw, if I read this thread 20 minutes ago I would've seen the Lurker leftovers ):

Far Cry 3 + Blood Dragon is definitely worth it; Far Cry 3 is a great game!

sig.jpg

I honestly think we're going to see this same bundle for the same or less price in the upcoming Steam sales. I'll gladly wait. I have so much of a backlog to complete anyways.

Finally completed Batman: AC. Wow that was such a great game. I waited so long for it to hit $5 and it was worth so much more.

Now I think I'll set my standards down to $3.75 and target either Rogue Legacy or Don't Starve.

EDIT:

It's been a few months since I tried, but I tried several different start up options, disabled everything steam related and attempted a fix where you ran the exe directly and used a steam bypass argument. They could have been snake oil pitches for all the good they did. The usual response of update drivers ended badly as I went from having two working monitors on a crossfire hybrid config to "oh, AMD driver 13.blah doesn't have working support for crossfire hybrid" and through several passes to update and remove drivers to go back to the working state I had, ended up with a bad situation where even Steam would crash. It had something to do with UAC as it only runs if I have it compatibility mode for Win 7. For reference, I'm on Win 7 X64, which meant I had to run it in compatibility mode for itself. I still haven't figured that one out. This also affected scanner and printer drivers, Silverlight, and a bunch of other programs which occasionally crash just by starting them.

I've been putting off a full rebuild as it's been a huge pita to go the full install process and I'd rather just play with the games that work.

I did try to run it through uPlay as I had zero issues with the copy of FC3 that came with the video card, but it always forces you to launch through Steam. The key doesn't let me download the native uPlay version so as soon as I saw the new sale, I thought I'd get a chance again. I love Steam, but this has made me swear off any future Ubisoft games bought through them. This makes the GFWL look like a great client in comparison.

Fall Key Cleanout coninued >>>

Same deal, PM me the answer (only criteria is you have to have at least 50 posts AND likes; check yourself) to this riddle if you happen to want one of these:

Arkham Origins Batman Skins DLC

Reign: Conflict of Nations

FEAR 2

Mirror's Edge (Origin)

Use that noodle of yours:

When you weren't looking, someone came by and gobbled up your fish dinner. The three brothers near the scene of this dastardly crime had this to say:

A: "Me? Oh yeah, I ate it. It was good too!"

B: "I saw A eat that fish right up!"

C: "B and I didn't eat that fish."

One of these three brothers is lying to you, but which one is it?

Fall Key Cleanout coninued >>>

Same deal, PM me the answer (only criteria is you have to have at least 50 posts AND likes; check yourself) to this riddle if you happen to want one of these:

Arkham Origins Batman Skins DLC

Reign: Conflict of Nations

FEAR 2

Mirror's Edge (Origin)

Use that noodle of yours:

When you weren't looking, someone came by and gobbled up your fish dinner. The three brothers near the scene of this dastardly crime had this to say:

A: "Me? Oh yeah, I ate it. It was good too!"

B: "I saw A eat that fish right up!"

C: "B and I didn't eat that fish."

One of these three brothers is lying to you, but which one is it?
The one with the fish breath.

Please send Thievz.

I have keys available for the following:

Wolfstars 3

Trainzexual Simulator 12

Euro Trunk Simulation 1

Extended Simulation of Agriculture 2011

Secret Air Conflicts

Rigged Rolls

PM if interred in any key.  One per CAG, per visit, per order, no shirts, no pants, service.  

Just got confirmation, we'll have the same deal on BF.

Cheers,
Tony
Oh good, because I just ordered a PS4 from you guys, so it'll be nice to get a good deal on PS+ renewal.

I really hate you right now. I was NOT planning on getting a PS4 so soon, but then you just HAD to suddenly get more in stock, for Sunday delivery. And my friend is gonna buy my PS3 off of me, so it ends up being a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back