Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Free video gamz to a good home:

Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony

Ether Vapor Remaster

Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin)

Just PM me the answer to this if you'd like one:

A man has been prescribed 10 pills. Starting today, he must take one pill a day, but because the concentration of the medicine is different in each pill, he must take them in a specific order. Since the pills all look the same, the man has decided to write numbers on each pill to help him remember the order he needs to take them in.

How many pills does he have to number if he wants to keep track of the order?
I took Burnout Paradise (thanks!), so I'll try:
Is it eight? He needn't number today's pill, nor does he need to number the final pill?

That's the answer I got too, but... Why would he need to number any of them? How would he know which is which in order to number them, unless they're already in another container or otherwise labeled/separated?

He decided to number them, so there must be some reason that it is necessary.  It would be a poorly-phrased riddle if the man decided to number them only to decide he didn't need to number them, so I figure you gotta operate on the riddle's implied logic.

Tony has REPEATEDLY said that he likes the drops and thinks it adds flavor to the otherwise monotonous "Will game X be on sale? Does Amazon match site Z? Will Amazon ever carry Assassin's Creed 3 + ALL DLC uPlay codes?" questions that otherwise amount for the majority of the posts.
Spreading good will I see, good job. :bow:

And there's no point in arguing with this one,lest you want your fac sucked.

That's the answer I got too, but... Why would he need to number any of them? How would he know which is which in order to number them, unless they're already in another container or otherwise labeled/separated?
Don't overthink it ;)

And in case anyone was curious
the answer was 8, as he took the first pill and wouldn't need to label the last day as it would be the only one blank.

Oh come on guys, y u no play mi little game & answer riddle?

Tony has REPEATEDLY said that he likes the drops and thinks it adds flavor to the otherwise monotonous "Will game X be on sale? Does Amazon match site Z? Will Amazon ever carry Assassin's Creed 3 + ALL DLC uPlay codes?" questions that otherwise amount for the majority of the posts.
Oh, yes - I love the frequent code-drops that happen in this thread.

And yeah - is Amazon DVG gonna carry AC3: Season Pass UPlay Version Only Codes, since you brought it up? ;)

I still could go for a killer deal on AC3 related stuff.

[quote name="MysterD" post="11238004" timestamp="1384471170"]
Does doing that force a boot-up of Steam?[/quote]
A little late responding - my apologies.

And no, I haven't read anything else in the thread between the above quote and my response below. There's just too much. My information my be redundant, but that's the risk I'm taking. More apologies if it is.

No, it doesn't force steam as the game is registered to my Uplay account. As opposed to linked to Uplay, as it was before Ubisoft updated their client - and almost everything related to game registration.

Nearly all of my Assassin's Creed games are now registered to my Uplay account, too. AC1 being the exception - there is no CDKey that I could find.

It took them long enough, but Ubisoft finally saw the right way to handle most of their more recent games they published.

So with LN being the busy man (?) he is, he's asked if I'd help give some games away for him:

• GT Legends Went to Psydero
  • Huntsman: The Orphanage Went to Tebowdragon15
  • Men Of War Red Tide Went to Hal
  • Painkiller Overdose Went to ezelkow1
All you have to do to get one is riddle me this:

A rope ladder hangs from the side of a boat floating in the ocean, with the water coming up to the ninth rung. The ocean is calm, with almost no waves.

If the water rises by 40cm every hour, and the rungs of the ladder are 30cm apart, which rung will the water level be at in three hours?

Send me a PM with the answer+game you'd like should you get it right ;)

seamoss said:
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Send me $25 paypal and a sase and specify whether you want to subscribe to S.L.U.T or S.H.I.T. in pencil on an index card.

Must be pencil, so I can erase them and resell the index cards. ;)
UcanSUKtheFAC said:
Uh...no deal on just the standalone dlc? That's pretty stupid...

and I take it that this thread is no longer relevant to the OP
Or maybe you are no longer relevant to this thread.
Also,
thumbs-down-smiley.png

UcanSUKtheFAC said:
Who's crying? Thought I heard a baby in here so I figured I'd show up
Crying-Baby-001.jpg

on the rung thing, wouldn't it be the 9th rung since rope floats, already have those games or about to acquire them through happy hour.

So with LN being the busy man (?) he is, he's asked if I'd help give some games away for him:

• GT Legends
  • Huntsman: The Orphanage
  • Men Of War Red Tide Went to Hal
  • Painkiller Overdose
All you have to do to get one is riddle me this:

A rope ladder hangs from the side of a boat floating in the ocean, with the water coming up to the ninth rung. The ocean is calm, with almost no waves.

If the water rises by 40cm every hour, and the rungs of the ladder are 30cm apart, which rung will the water level be at in three hours?

Send me a PM with the answer+game you'd like should you get it right ;)
sent yo

Ok, everything is taken, here's the answer if anyones still curious: [customspoiler='Which rung?']The water is still at the 9th rung, as the boat the ladder is hanging from rises with the water.[/customspoiler]

I also just wanted to apologize to those that PM'd me about some of the games I dropped earlier, as CAG didn't give me a notification for the PM so I didn't see it before I fed the lurkers. I will be sure to check my full inbox now first!

Can I play this game you guys are playing here on ps4? Lol guys what in the hell is going on.

can we please discuss the fact that fc3 is on sale, fc3 + blood dragon is on sale, and some other fc3 bundle...but not the dlc itself.

is there a steam rep here akin to josh for TRU and that other guy here from Target? I've got some questions.

I'm not relevant to this thread? A comment on a steam deal within a thread about said steam deal is irrelevant? Am I going crazy? So sorry. Next time when I see a thread about baseball ill be sure to talk about my favorite color and what I ate for breakfast.

Can I play this game you guys are playing here on ps4? Lol guys what in the hell is going on.

can we please discuss the fact that fc3 is on sale, fc3 + blood dragon is on sale, and some other fc3 bundle...but not the dlc itself.

is there a steam rep here akin to josh for TRU and that other guy here from Target? I've got some questions.

I'm not relevant to this thread? A comment on a steam deal within a thread about said steam deal is irrelevant? Am I going crazy?
No. I don't know, but that's OK.

Yes.

Steam rep no, wrong thread. Amazon rep, yes, Tony aka T-Money aka Amazon DVG Deals aka Ultimate Bad Ass (OK, that last one is made up.).

I don't know. I don't know. Possibly?

Edit: I prefer (US) football over baseball. My favorite color is black. I had wheat bran flakes cereal for breakfast. EditEdit: I also put sweetener on the wheat bran flakes because alone they are pretty bland, but I'm trying to eat healthier.

Yes.

Steam rep no, wrong thread. Amazon rep, yes, Tony aka T-Money aka Amazon DVG Deals aka Ultimate Bad Ass (OK, that last one is made up.).

ah woops, Freudian slip. TY. I said steam because I assume these are steam keys.

and you us football fans are nothin but barbaric animals! I like watching but can only get so much into it. What sweetener do you use? Splenda? I use agave nectar in my coffee and you can't taste the difference from sugar! I can tell with splenda though.

Yes.

Edit: I prefer (US) football over baseball. My favorite color is black. I had wheat bran flakes cereal for breakfast. EditEdit: I also put sweetener on the wheat bran flakes because alone they are pretty bland, but I'm trying to eat healthier.
i prefer video games over sports. sports has too many jerks video games dont have many jerks when u chat on this forum.. no bullies on video game forum feels likee home sports or anything related jerks selfish selfcenter ****.

ah woops, Freudian slip. TY. I said steam because I assume these are steam keys.

and you us football fans are nothin but barbaric animals! I like watching but can only get so much into it. What sweetener do you use? Splenda? I use agave nectar in my coffee and you can't taste the difference from sugar! I can tell with splenda though.
It looks like the bundle is Uplay, but FC3 alone is Steam which is surprising because I believe Ubi told Tony/Amazon there would be no more Steam keys.

I get that, but that's what I was raised on. :) Been meaning to try agave. I'm on a budget so generic Splenda (Sucralose) is my prefered poison only for its efficiency in sweetness ratio.

i prefer video games over sports. sports has too many jerks video games dont have many jerks when u chat on this forum.. no bullies on video game forum feels likee home sports or anything related jerks selfish selfcenter ****.
Wait until you meet MysterB...B stands for Bully. :p

He not nice-guy.

He'd probably want some Steam-keys...or he'd take your Steam-wallet money. ;)

Wait until you meet MysterB...B stands for Bully. :p

He not nice-guy.

He'd probably want some Steam-keys...or he'd take your Steam-wallet money. ;)
is that dark mysterd oh shit ! neuro mind link sunasun mns and his food nuts ready your weapons for to protect the cag from the darkness

The Showdown Effect: GT0N2-XZWDM-IH20?

? = Why
I like Fozbot's style. I have an old-gamer brain that can't figure out the tough puzzles like the ones having to do with boat ladders and such.

I lurked Showdown Effect. Here's my own puzzle for Metro 2033...

EMMDOUBLEYOUAREGEESEADASHEXNINEPEEWHYWHYDASHCUEEFFGEEWHYEEE

So apparently the key listed as Painkiller Overdose was actually [customspoiler='Star Ruler']2F7R3-P3QP6-X9NFY[/customspoiler] , sorry about that Ezelkow.

Oh, and just to continue to tick off people that hate free stuff, I'd love to pass these on to some CAGs:

• Gorky 17
  • Ravaged: Zombie Apocalypse
  • Star Wolves 3: Civil War
  • Glowfish Went to Gilby
All you have to do is help me out with this problem:

You have four horses, all of which travel at different speeds. In traveling form point A to point B, these horses take one, two, four, and six hours respectively.

One day, you decide to move all your horses from point A to point B. However, you can only move a maximum of two horses at a time, and you need to ride a horse back to point A each time you return to move your other horses. Knowing you can only move as fast as the slowest horse you're traveling with, what's the fewest number of hours it will take to complete your move?

PM me the answer and quote this so I'm sure to see it (CAG hasn't been giving me PM notifications consistently). Also send some good vibes to LM, as some of these keys are from him ^_^ 

So apparently the key listed as Painkiller Overdose was actually [customspoiler='Star Ruler']2F7R3-P3QP6-X9NFY[/customspoiler] , sorry about that Ezelkow. Oh, and just to continue to tick off people that hate free stuff, I'd love to pass these on to some CAGs:

• Gorky 17
  • Glowfish
All you have to do is help me out with this problem: You have four horses, all of which travel at different speeds. In traveling form point A to point B, these horses take one, two, four, and six hours respectively.One day, you decide to move all your horses from point A to point B. However, you can only move a maximum of two horses at a time, and you need to ride a horse back to point A each time you return to move your other horses. Knowing you can only move as fast as the slowest horse you're traveling with, what's the fewest number of hours it will take to complete your move? PM me the answer and quote this so I'm sure to see it (CAG hasn't been giving me PM notifications consistently). Also send some good vibes to LM, as some of these keys are from him ^_^
Pfft. Point C is where it's at.

Anyone else forced to put in their credit info each time they buy a game from ADVG? I don't know why it started doing this when I never had to keep doing this for games that weren't DLC.

So apparently the key listed as Painkiller Overdose was actually [customspoiler='Star Ruler']2F7R3-P3QP6-X9NFY[/customspoiler] , sorry about that Ezelkow.

Oh, and just to continue to tick off people that hate free stuff, I'd love to pass these on to some CAGs:
  • Gorky 17
  • Glowfish

You have four horses, all of which travel at different speeds. In traveling form point A to point B, these horses take one, two, four, and six hours respectively.
One day, you decide to move all your horses from point A to point B. However, you can only move a maximum of two horses at a time, and you need to ride a horse back to point A each time you return to move your other horses. Knowing you can only move as fast as the slowest horse you're traveling with, what's the fewest number of hours it will take to complete your move?

PM me the answer and quote this so I'm sure to see it (CAG hasn't been giving me PM notifications consistently). Also send some good vibes to LM, as some of these keys are from him ^_^

PMed you. Hopefully I'm not too late or too dumb with my answer.

Anyone else forced to put in their credit info each time they buy a game from ADVG? I don't know why it started doing this when I never had to keep doing this for games that weren't DLC.
Every once in a while Amazon asks me again for my CC info even though I have never deleted it or it has not expired.
I just enter it again and move on.

So apparently the key listed as Painkiller Overdose was actually [customspoiler="Star Ruler"]2F7R3-P3QP6-X9NFY[/customspoiler] , sorry about that Ezelkow.

• Gorky 17
  • Glowfish

PM me the answer and quote this so I'm sure to see it (CAG hasn't been giving me PM notifications consistently). Also send some good vibes to LM, as some of these keys are from him ^_^
PM sent.

Every once in a while Amazon asks me again for my CC info even though I have never deleted it or it has not expired.
I just enter it again and move on.
Yeah, that was the case for me before recently. It's literally every DVG purchase now after I sign in with my account. Feels like a glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back