Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Sup guys, I recently got a Lenovo Yoga 11s i7-3689Y Processor (1.50GHz 1600MHz 4MB) 8gb SDRAM DDR3, Intel HD graphics 4000 and 256gb SSD. Will games like Metro Last Light, SR4, Battlefield 4, etc. run ok on this laptop without killing it? I'm not a PC gamer but deals like these make me want to start.
With all settings on low and any advanced settings off, you might be able to maintain 15-30 frames. Run, yes. Well, nope.

Sup guys, I recently got a Lenovo Yoga 11s i7-3689Y Processor (1.50GHz 1600MHz 4MB) 8gb SDRAM DDR3, Intel HD graphics 4000 and 256gb SSD. Will games like Metro Last Light, SR4, Battlefield 4, etc. run ok on this laptop without killing it? I'm not a PC gamer but deals like these make me want to start.
The lack of a "real" GPU is going to make it dicey...

I also am curious about the $5 discount(s). I checked and the Bioshock pack is not discounted for me at all. If it were cheaper, I'd bite on it but I only lack Bioshock:Infinite.
The $5 promo credits are only good on Editor's Choice List items in January. That $5 promotion credit showing in the image must be something he accrued elsewhere.

sorry if this was asked/answered before: any news on upcoming bethesda deals?

ubistore has amazing deals for skyrim and dishonored atm (its for NA/canada only) - wonder if there is going to be a price match

Lol, you'll be happy to note that I told Mom I'm not going home for the holidays this year so I'll be around to support all the deals :).

She was sad, many baked goods were shipped from Florida to Washington...and she sent me a 12lb turkey, Spiral Ham, 8 sides and 3 pies from Honeybaked Ham for Thanksgiving...I think she is under the impression that I open my house up to homeless people on Thanksgiving.

Starts 12/1, and it is noted as such in the spreadsheet (at least the one I'm looking at).

Cheers,

Tony
Well in that case, I accept your invitation and will be RSVPing for two on Thursday!

I was given a $5 credit for digital games back in May from a purchase of injustice for wii u but now I cant use it for the bioshock triple pack.

Wonder why it doesnt register when the expiration date on it is May 8, 2014.

Different deals are available on different days. NOt sure when mp3/la noire is available.
As I mentioned before, the spreadsheet says today and there's a link on Amazon.com itself to this bundle when you go to "all deals" but it still shows as unavailable when you click the link. It's pretty frustrating because this is one of the very few things I'm interested in from these deals and for whatever reason my question keeps getting ignored even though Tony is responding to other questions. If it was an error and isn't really on sale, that's fine, but it would be nice to get word one way or the other.

sorry if this was asked/answered before: any news on upcoming bethesda deals?

ubistore has amazing deals for skyrim and dishonored atm (its for NA/canada only) - wonder if there is going to be a price match
They'd need to carry them first and I doubt Amazon would suddenly start carrying Bethesda games without a prior announcement from Tony.

And you might not want to announce you're not from NA, seeing as Amazon has this so-called policy and such.

Amazon DVG Deals said:
Lol, you'll be happy to note that I told Mom I'm not going home for the holidays this year so I'll be around to support all the deals :).

She was sad, many baked goods were shipped from Florida to Washington...and she sent me a 12lb turkey, Spiral Ham, 8 sides and 3 pies from Honeybaked Ham for Thanksgiving...I think she is under the impression that I open my house up to homeless people on Thanksgiving.

Starts 12/1, and it is noted as such in the spreadsheet (at least the one I'm looking at).
Cheers,
Tony
RSVP Sunasun +2 thanks Tony!!!!

As I mentioned before, the spreadsheet says today and there's a link on Amazon.com itself to this bundle when you go to "all deals" but it still shows as unavailable when you click the link. It's pretty frustrating because this is one of the very few things I'm interested in from these deals and for whatever reason my question keeps getting ignored even though Tony is responding to other questions. If it was an error and isn't really on sale, that's fine, but it would be nice to get word one way or the other.
Sorry, didn't see your other post.

I guess the only logical explanation is that it's a conspiracy

or that you weren't looking hard enough

http://www.amazon.com/Payne-NOIRE-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00GTSUG1A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385071001&sr=8-1&keywords=max+payne%2Fla+noire

Or that it just got added

Edit:That's a really sweet deal. Wish I didn't have La Noire so I could buy it.

Sorry, didn't see your other post.

I guess the only logical explanation is that it's a conspiracy

or that you weren't looking hard enough

http://www.amazon.com/Payne-NOIRE-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00GTSUG1A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385071001&sr=8-1&keywords=max+payne%2Fla+noire

Or that it just got added
Huh, odd. I was refreshing a link I got from Amazon's on-site list earlier today that still says unavailable. I suppose I can calm down now and stop getting so worked up over something so dumb. :) Thanks.

edit: hmm, looks like it's not the "complete" editions, just standalone versions. Some clarification from Tony would still be awesome if it isn't too much to ask.

Huh, odd. I was refreshing a link I got from Amazon's on-site list earlier today that still says unavailable. I suppose I can calm down now and stop getting so worked up over something so dumb. :) Thanks.

edit: hmm, looks like it's not the "complete" editions, just standalone versions. Some clarification from Tony would still be awesome if it isn't too much to ask.
Yeah, a lot of times when something like that happens I just manually search for it, the link must just be faulty.

Hmmm, weird. I guess hold off, but FWIW, from what I've heard the Max Payne dlc is reallly unessential, unless you were planning on playing tons of multiplayer. I don't think L.a. Noire adds a whole lot either.

I know that this is great deal but before I buy it I must be sure if that bundle GTA4 Complete + MP3 + Rockstar Pass that is linked in spreadsheet is just a wrong link and it should be normal GTA4 linked or will it be available?
Crap, you're right. He posted the "fixed" link and I didn't even notice it wasn't what was in the spreadsheet (Complete + Season Pass.) I already bought it, too. That sucks. :(

If it really is just the base versions of both games and not the complete ones, my interest is gone. That was a great deal for complete versions but I'm not feeling it if not.

Oh wow, ctrl+f didn't pick that up.
Yeah, the whole live skydrive spreadsheet doesn't actually load all at once. If you do ctrl-f for the section of the spreadsheet you're on, it'll find stuff, but if it's outside of the range you're viewing then it doesn't work. It's kind of a pain, tbh; I ended up sorting by title and just browsing that way as by date was harder to read.

Edit, just saw the follow up.

Sorry I believe I addressed this a few pages back. The bundle with the complete versions was created in error. We identified the error, pulled down the original bundle, and put up the new one, the I posted the new link the thread (I think).

Hope this clears it up.

Cheers,

Tony

If it really is just the base versions of both games and not the complete ones, my interest is gone. That was a great deal for complete versions but I'm not feeling it if not.
Yeah, I'm a bit bummed that I didn't realize that before my purchase. For MP3 it's not a big deal as all the additional stuff is for multiplayer, but it really sucks that I ended up not getting all the extra content for GTA IV that I thought I was going to get. :(

Yeah, the whole live skydrive spreadsheet doesn't actually load all at once. If you do ctrl-f for the section of the spreadsheet you're on, it'll find stuff, but if it's outside of the range you're viewing then it doesn't work. It's kind of a pain, tbh; I ended up sorting by title and just browsing that way as by date was harder to read.
Is this better?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akf7RCYFs1GUdFBGSEJ3SzF1MjdzX3JzVDE0ajZQZ1E#gid=0

It's the version that Tony pm'd.. so it's old, but should fully load and be easier to search.

I was bummed I got MP3 plus season pass before I knew about the GTA IV/MP3 bundle, but now it sounds like it's just the GTA IV game? Makes me less bummed if so.

Is that why the link for the combo stills says "unavailable"?

I was bummed I got MP3 plus season pass before I knew about the GTA IV/MP3 bundle, but now it sounds like it's just the GTA IV game? Makes me less bummed if so.

Is that why the link for the combo stills says "unavailable"?
It's GTA IV/MP3, but it's the base versions of each. And I'd assume so, yes. Tony posted a corrected link a page or two back to the bundle. There wasn't anything in that post specifically calling out that it wasn't the complete versions from the spreadsheet, so I pulled the trigger without thinking. Oh well. :(

Code Drop

Electronic Super Joy HRJWC-N3PNW-6Z439
King's Bounty Warriors of the North HWCTE-339KA-FYN7R
This one sounds like shorthand for what your dog does on the floor
Pid HZM8P-7BBLR-0Z269

Code Drop

Electronic Super Joy HRJWC-N3PNW-6Z439
King's Bounty Warriors of the North HWCTE-339KA-FYN7R
This one sounds like shorthand for what your dog does on the floor
Pid HZM8P-7BBLR-0Z269
Thanks sunasun! I took pid and now my dog is upset.

Edit, just saw the follow up.

Sorry I believe I addressed this a few pages back. The bundle with the complete versions was created in error. We identified the error, pulled down the original bundle, and put up the new one, the I posted the new link the thread (I think).

Hope this clears it up.

Cheers,

Tony
I think you addressed the GTAIV/Max Payne 3 bundle. I'm talking about the L.A. Noire/Max Payne Bundle, and as of now the links aren't fixed on Amazon. Was this one not supposed to be complete either?

I try to always avoid Intel graphics cards like the plague. If you really want to do some serious PC gaming, it's (more or less) all about them middle-to-higher end NVIdia GeForce and AMD cards.

Games like BF series and Metro series are REAL system pushers.

Oh, and even though you didn't mention it - Crysis series, as well.

Personally, I've had for a few years this 1 GB NVidia GeForce 560 Ti. I've always used NVidia, since them old GeForce 2 MX 400 days.

My PC = i7 950 @ 3.06 Ghz quad-core (8 threads); 8 GB RAM; 1 GB NVidia GeForce 560 Ti; Win 7 64-bit; 800 Watts Corsair Gaming Power Supply.

There is no Walking Dead reference there.

I'm saying I've been doing PC gaming for a long time.

To be more specific than that, since 1995 - the old MechWarrior 2 Mercs; Quake; and DN3D days.
So you're the creator of The Walking Dead franchise? Can I have your autograph?

I think you addressed the GTAIV/Max Payne 3 bundle. I'm talking about the L.A. Noire/Max Payne Bundle, and as of now the links aren't fixed on Amazon. Was this one not supposed to be complete either?
Correct the GTA/LA Noire is also base only not complete. Working on getting the links fixed.

It's GTA IV/MP3, but it's the base versions of each. And I'd assume so, yes. Tony posted a corrected link a page or two back to the bundle. There wasn't anything in that post specifically calling out that it wasn't the complete versions from the spreadsheet, so I pulled the trigger without thinking. Oh well. :(
Hey there,

PM me your order ID.

Cheers,
Tony

I thought the answer was 42.
That's the answer to life, so obviously Bioshock = life.

To whoever was asking: just buy the games, you won't regret it!

I wouldn't recommend even attempting those honestly. Stuff pre-2010 is probably the newest that will run well, aside from indie stuff. Intel graphics, while greatly improved from what they used to be, are just not at all ideal for anything modern and will only lead to a disappointing playing experience.

There is no Walking Dead reference there.
I think you're lying.

I bought

Mystery Masters: 10-Pack Adventure Bundle

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DP5VFX8/ref=oh_d__o00_details_o00__i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

an excellent deal ,good adventures and best thing is

that there are no serials in library

,which probably means they are drm free

that would be awesome since some of these games have really nasty drm(from a different publisher)

downloading now ill post feedback

Can you let us know when you find out? I have 7 out of 10 already but still considering it...
All are drm free:)

actually i dont know if any other store offers drm free versions

most of these games are hard to find too-only gamersgate has them all but drm versions

Must pack for adventure games fans

As a regular CAG, I suspect there isn't much need to.

Of the 2000+ line items, I think I may have highlighted 5 items. Not saying it's a bad sale, mind you, just that I buy too much.
i just pick which one i want 75% off or amazon gift cards usuage oh great reminds about asking my mom if i can get 20bucks to get my amazon stuff sincee my mom has lots amazon credits hheh

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back