Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you addressed the GTAIV/Max Payne 3 bundle. I'm talking about the L.A. Noire/Max Payne Bundle, and as of now the links aren't fixed on Amazon. Was this one not supposed to be complete either?
Correct the GTA/LA Noire is also base only not complete. Working on getting the links fixed.

Cheers,
Tony
Is this pack going to be available??
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0091UYJ66 L.A noire Max Payne 3, or am i missing something?
:error:

Is there something more in the Max Payne 3 complete pack than just the base game and season pass? It says a total of $89.98, but the individual prices are $20 for Max Payne 3 and $15 for the season pass. That's just $35. I assume it's a simple typo or inflation to make it seem more appealing.

I'm pretty tempted to get it, but I'm wondering about Sleeping Dogs. Only the base game will be $5 and I see nothing about the DLC packs.

Is there something more in the Max Payne 3 complete pack than just the base game and season pass? It says a total of $89.98, but the individual prices are $20 for Max Payne 3 and $15 for the season pass. That's just $35. I assume it's a simple typo or inflation to make it seem more appealing.
Nope, that's pretty much it. There was some talk last time as to whether the individual pre-order bonus items were included like with the Steam version. Also, Amazon typically uses inflated prices on bundles as place holders for items previously or about to go on sale.

cool i have $5 sr4 promo credit lol to buy or not to buy that the question when it goes 14.99
Oooh, I forgot all about that $5 SR4 promo credit.

I wish there was an easy way to jump on my Amazon account and see what I have for valid promo-codes.

Instead, gotta go through my e-mails - which I have sorted-out nicely.

EDIT:

But, dammit - I also wonder if SR4 will ever get a Complete Full Package Edition w/ all DLC.

Hello.

1 Question, I'm just see notice $5 credit in Black Friday Deal page for throw in Jan 14, This promotion apply at deal start? I got only order detail in my e-mail no for $5 credit promotion.

Cheer.

Oooh, I forgot all about that $5 SR4 promo credit.

I wish there was an easy way to jump on my Amazon account and see what I have for valid promo-codes.

Instead, gotta go through my e-mails - which I have sorted-out nicely.

EDIT:

But, dammit - I also wonder if SR4 will ever get a Complete Full Package Edition w/ all DLC.
prolly look howm many dlc already lol

Hello.

1 Question, I'm just see notice $5 credit in Black Friday Deal page for throw in Jan 14, This promotion apply at deal start? I got only order detail in my e-mail no for $5 credit promotion.

Cheer.
yes any buy no matter dlc or anythign as long as u buy with giftcards credit dbit or whatever

There are other things to be about?
Yeah - making their customers happy and actually WANT to spend their $ ASAP.

These companies, make me not want to play constant catch-up w/ this DLC-mania. In the old days, you expected maybe one or two expansions packs per game - unless it was The Sims. Playing catch-up was easy and wasn't such a pain in the ass.

Not anymore - as some games have boat-loads of DLC/expansions/extensions.

And sometimes, it gets worse - when there are no Re-Released Editions w/ everything. Just ask BioWare and EA about this crappy practice for ME2 & 3 + DA2.

My year long indecisiveness has finally come to an end. After contemplating over the desert to sea pack for over a year, I finally went ahead purchased the Bioshock triple pack.

My year long indecisiveness has finally come to an end. After contemplating over the desert to sea pack for over a year, I finally went ahead purchased the Bioshock triple pack.
You'll be happy w/that. Great value/deal, insanely awesome games. It's up there w/my favorite series this generation. People hate on 2 a bit, but all three games are awesome. Even 2 got nearly a 90 metacritic score.

Developers & publishers are both all about the $.

Hence why I often wait for major price-cuts on games.
nah gearboxx is tho look at bl2 dlc man it so many

look at mll thr only 1 dlc+ sp that it.. acm 3 dlc+ sp

Walking dead survival instict one dlc

walking dead telltale only one dlc and season

bioshock infite one dlc + sp

look civ 5 tho at least they bundle it unlike bl2 no offense but they only bundle enough bbut not all transformer fall for cyberton 3dlc

look train simulator 2014 so on fuckking infity dlc

space marine 13 dlc

Speaking of Metro Last Light, the Season Pass for $5.10 on 11/29 looks like a great deal.
heel yea im goign to use my amazon gift cards that i should start moving tho tango card to get it hheh so i would have only 10 cents maybe heh

Heads up to anyone going after Enslaved:

it's a really bad PC port. thankfully people have figured out that by changing the INI file you can set the resolution you want (instead of its bizarre options), add Anti-Aliasing (because it lacks it), improve shadow details, force V-Sync, make it run at 60 FPS, and make various other tweaks to it.

so be prepared to do a bit of editing. Info can be found here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188863412

I believe this was done in error. The COMPLETE versions where not supposed to go on sale or be bundled or something ..

Try reading a page or two back all the answers are there.
I thought it's OOS. I found the link on amazon with the list of games on sale, and manhunt/manhunt2 is $4.99 not $4. Don't know how many error is on the list.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_395480522_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1001880821&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-2&pf_rd_r=1HD6V2G1NAHQ3BC2ND51&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1671266602&pf_rd_i=7266959011

Pssh, the only error that matters is Bad Rats for 49 cents instead of the listed price of $5. 90% off makes Racist Rat Simulator such a steal!

Ummm...for you, does the "insane oops" 1 penny sale from Best Buy count? :whistle2:x
lol, i was thinking it had been $19.99 on steam, but 1 penny certainly counts

edit: didnt see that it will be $13.50.....NOT BAD

After scanning the list, I'm thinking of grabbing:

God Mode

RIPD ('cause it's a stupid movie licensed game)

Star Trek (see above)

Max Payne 3 + Season Pass

I -may- get the Manhunt + Bully pack... though I own Bully on disc. And Manhunt 2 isn't a Steam key because Rockstar is too lazy / chicken to release the game there.

you're welcome. did anyone take the other keys or were they lurked possibly
The other two keys were lurked... I just checked them out a minute ago after reading this post. (Saw the code drop earlier but nothing interested me). Still..thought you might wanna know.

God Mode

Star Trek (see above)

I -may- get the Manhunt + Bully pack... though I own Bully on disc. And Manhunt 2 isn't a Steam key because Rockstar is too lazy / chicken to release the game there.
I got the manhunt/bully pack, but just the 4.99 one.
What's up with bully's metacritic scores? 72 on pc, 80 on xbox, 87 on ps?

You'll be happy w/that. Great value/deal, insanely awesome games. It's up there w/my favorite series this generation. People hate on 2 a bit, but all three games are awesome. Even 2 got nearly a 90 metacritic score.
I thought 2 was better than Infinite, there I said it.

I got the manhunt/bully pack, but just the 4.99 one.
What's up with bully's metacritic scores? 72 on pc, 80 on xbox, 87 on ps?
Apparently both the xbox and pc versions are pretty poor ports, which is typical of rockstar honestly.

Should I wait on the upcoming Steam sales for a Borderlands 2 GOTY price drop? Or should I throw down on the Borderlands 1 GOTY + Borderlands 2 Vanilla version for 11.99? I want all the DLC for BL2 at a cheap price.

While re-perusing the list to see when some things go on sale, I noticed the Need For Speed pack for $19.99 coming next week. Let me say, nice. It would be even better if it had the Most Wanted DLC in it, but as it is, with pretty much the entire currently available NFS games up to Most Wanted, that is a pretty good deal. If the EA rep is still lurking the thread, yes, that is exactly the kind of thing I like to see. For the next time, throw in the DLC, and do it for the Mass Effect series and you'll probably see some incredibly elated people. ;)

God Mode

Star Trek (see above)

RIPD is basically a reskinned God Mode. While Steam may still say there's single player for both, there really isn't, you're just playing an online match solo. If you can find a match, you might be able to get some fun out of them.

The Star Trek title actually had the potential to be very good. The story and voice-acting were incredibly well done. The problem was that it launched with some horrendous bugs that got blown ridiculously out of proportion by many of the online critics, in particular there was the farce that was Angry Joe's "review" of the game. The devs did a fair amount of work on fixing the different issues and by and large, it's been patched to be a pretty decent game. It's better playing co-op though.

I thought 2 was better than Infinite, there I said it.
I don't think this is all that crazy...it's hard for me to pick my favorite out of the three.

If I had to pick which was my LEAST favorite, I'd probably go with the first. It had a better story than the 2nd (which had, by far, the weakest story of the three) but the game play in Bioshock 2 was way better, lending itself to having much more replayability. Plus playing as a Big Daddy was awesome.

Nooooo, you fool! I heard they're gonna be in an HB bundle next week! BTA is six bucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back