Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
everything on Amazon for black friday is gonna be sold out in 2 seconds so why bother
Just to address this, this will be my 3rd Black Friday at Amazon and we've run out of keys (on black friday) for ~8 titles in that time period. In each of these cases, the deals were up for hours before we ran out of keys and, literally, thousands of customers were able to take advantage of those deals.

Cheers,

Tony

Physical items, sure.  PC download codes, like Tony says it rarely happens.  That's why you bros need to stop mucking around with consoles and join t3h kewl kids PC only club.  Last of Us?  Ugh.

Tony, if you missed or didn't see the posts yet please consider the suggestion from previous pages about the AC3 Deluxe + FC3 Deluxe bundle (Steam DRM) for $20-25

Well, atl least dreaming is allowed :D

Ugh = One of the best games of the year = wish I had a PS3. :)
I'm hoping to find one on the cheap after more people get their PS4s. I hate the idea of spending near $200 just to play a couple of games that aren't available on PC. Or maybe I can borrow a PS3 from a buddy one of these days.

No, you can't mix Steam and non-Steam DLC with Tropico. There's an article somewhere about it on their forum.
Ugh, I think I messed up. Bought 4 of the dlcs for a friend and looks like I got 2 Steam and 2 non-Steam. She's out of town right now so she hasn't tried them. Wonder if I could get a refund on 2 of them.

Ugh, I think I messed up. Bought 4 of the dlcs for a friend and looks like I got 2 Steam and 2 non-Steam. She's out of town right now so she hasn't tried them. Wonder if I could get a refund on 2 of them.
Contact Amazon CS... they're excellent at resolving issues like this.

Yeah, the fine print says all digital purchases.

"From now through December 31, 2013, purchase anything from the Digital Games Store and get a $5 promotional credit to spend in the month of January on our Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013 (Editor's Choice titles will be selected in the coming weeks). Please remember: Holiday promotional credits given out for Digital Games purchases cannot be redeemed until January, 2014. "
that was last week too when i was on it friday so not sure

"From now through December 31, 2013, purchase anything from the Digital Games Store and get a $5 promotional credit to spend in the month of January on our Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013 (Editor's Choice titles will be selected in the coming weeks). Please remember: Holiday promotional credits given out for Digital Games purchases cannot be redeemed until January, 2014. "
Maybe I'm blind but I'm not seeing this on any page. Want to know before I start gifting people Metro LL machine guns. :whistle2:

Having actually played it, I'd have to disagree on that one.
It wasn't a bad game, but after I got roughly half way through it I had had (?) enough.

I still have the game and an unused online (season?) pass. So I dunno what to do with it. (Too bad I can't code-drop a physical item haha)

It wasn't a bad game, but after I got roughly half way through it I had had (?) enough.

I still have the game and an unused online (season?) pass. So I dunno what to do with it. (Too bad I can't code-drop a physical item haha)
I'm expecting some very big code drops from u this holiday, don't disappoint me. :shame:

I'd rather Sony just port that to the PC.

I know, Iknow - the chances of that happening is the chance of Microsoft inventing Blu-Ray. :p

Sony ported games to Android. They've said they feel the day of platforms being tied just to their hardware is coming to an end. Read between the lines.

The day of the specialized gaming console device is done. The day of the generalized computing device having multiple platforms of gaming services, content services of all kinds, etc, is here. Even Sony knows it.

In ten years, you won't even blink at the idea any more than ten years ago you wouldn't have thought studios would give up entire seasons of old shows to Netflix or that Netflix would be anything except a DVD delivery service...

Sup guys, I recently got a Lenovo Yoga 11s i7-3689Y Processor (1.50GHz 1600MHz 4MB) 8gb SDRAM DDR3, Intel HD graphics 4000 and 256gb SSD. Will games like Metro Last Light, SR4, Battlefield 4, etc. run ok on this laptop without killing it? I'm not a PC gamer but deals like these make me want to start.
If you're still hanging around, four days and 12 pages later...

I googled "Yoga 11s", and discovered that it's a laptop. That's actually a point in your favor, because the graphics processor only has to push a 1366x768 maximum resolution. I think most of us think of max resolution as 1920x1080 or more; 1080p has roughly twice as many pixels as 768p, and a lot of hardware that can't handle the higher resolution might be acceptable at the lower.

In all honesty, the consensus is correct; the GPU portion of a modern CPU can't handle modern AAA gaming. This is true for both Intel and AMD. Part of the problem is in the limited circuitry of the onboard GPU itself; the other problem is that there isn't enough dedicated high-speed memory to feed the GPU. (Your 8GB of system RAM runs at a slower speed than the memory on discrete video cards; it can be used by the onboard GPU, but the performance hit is substantial.)

But having written all that, the key problems are in the words "modern" and "AAA". There are tons of games that will play just fine on your laptop, from strategy to RPGs to puzzle games to platformers to older AAA titles. You could probably run 75% of the games on sale at maximum settings, and another 15-20% at medium-to-high settings. The remaining 5% is where the hardware costs go crazy; you'd have probably needed to spend double what you paid for that Yoga 11s to get a laptop capable of playing everything.

Amazon DVG Deals said:
Just to address this, this will be my 3rd Black Friday at Amazon and we've run out of keys (on black friday) for ~8 titles in that time period. In each of these cases, the deals were up for hours before we ran out of keys and, literally, thousands of customers were able to take advantage of those deals.

Cheers,
Tony
Tony any chance for a price match on Thief? Sunasun DVG Enterprises has it on sale for $15. :whistle2:

The day of platforms being tied just to their hardware is coming to an end.

In ten years, you won't even blink at the idea any more than ten years ago you wouldn't have thought studios would give up entire seasons of old shows to Netflix or that Netflix would be anything except a DVD delivery service...
I can totally see this. Especially with how powerful phones are becoming, everything can just run off the one device in your pocket, and beam it to the TV if you want.

Indeed, with Netflix and iTunes, no longer care about buying DVDs. Blu-Ray was a bit too late as well. I have a few blu-ray movies, but nothing compared to my DVD collection. (Have I ever mentioned I collect movies too?)

Same with services like Steam, all games are download now. I can't remember the last physical game I bought. (Ok, I lie. It was SimCity. Because I've always been a big Maxis fan. But the Sim-franchise has pretty much died by now)

pasports31 said:
Yessss Thief will be mine

Unless Amazon lies

Edit: And before Tony/Amazon says anything, Sunasun DVG Enterprises is a quite legitimate company. Even has a Terms of Service agreement.
for Tony's convenience
[customspoiler="Sunasun DVG Enterprise Terms of Service Agreement"]The buyer, heretofore referred to as the hoarder, gives his/her explicit permission, for Sunasun aka Count Burgula, to visit his/her place of residence at the time or whim of Sunasun's choosing, and punch the hoarder, heretofore referred to as the punching bag, directly in the face. The punching bag will release Sunasun DVG or its employees or subsidiaries from any liability to said punching bag's face. By Clicking the Terms of Service Agreement button, you have agreed to a legally binding contractual agreement with Sunasun DVG that you agree with the TOS agreement and any changes to the TOS agreement that the crazy mofo Sunasun comes up with. 10% of all proceeds now go to your choice of the Sunasun Little Ugly Trolls foundation or Sunasun's Home for Inebriated Tramps. Please specify upon payment which charity you would like to donate to.[/customspoiler]

everything on Amazon for black friday is gonna be sold out in 2 seconds so why bother
Everyone knows you gotta camp those gamespawns. Because dat f5.

In all seriousness, unless it's an absurdly well-priced Squeenix bundle, Tony (the digital face of Amazon) doesn't run out of shit.

You know you're just mad because Amazon suckered you into buying this and no one else did.

Speaking of sh*t, this is a real thing. Given that we're a four-cat household, maybe I need to buy it. Of course then I'd have to teach them to flush and that would be tricky. Some of them don't get along so I can see one of them getting flushed down the toilet by a vindictive housemate.

Tony any chance for a price match on Thief? Sunasun DVG Enterprises has it on sale for $15. :whistle2:
If you're looking for a cheap Thief, look around for people selling their AMD Never Settle Promo Gold or Silver coupon. It gets you three games, and Thief is one of the choices available :)

Picked a coupon up for 15 euro myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back