Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet that Max Payne pack will be even cheaper in January when applying the EC credit. Rockstar games are usually part of the promo, from what I can remember.

pasports31 said:
Tony's getting angry
Hide the switch
tosses Tony a
bacon-grenade.jpg

stoned99 said:
Yes, it matters, the page did not make that clear or even elude to the fact. I wanted the game in steam as I already own it on console.

And seriously I should have clicked through every link to figure it out. Who are you people.
Wow, you're not only a total douche but a lazy illiterate one.
PS Happy Thanksgiving.

stoned99 said:
Welcome to my ignore list.
hallelujah.jpg

Amazon DVG Deals said:
Updating that line on the page to read:

Steam account required for game activation and installation except Manhunt 2, which is not available on Steam currently.

Should be impossible to be confused now.

Cheers,
Tony
Maybe you should convert each page to be "read" by the illiterate. Here's some icons to use.
For Steam Drm
steam-icon.png

For Origin Drm
486592_213174958805800_298444702_a.jpg

For Uplay Drm
uplay.png

Drm Free
gallery_338480_7901_3442.jpg

MrNinjaSquirrel said:
Sounds prestigious, how do I get in?
I'm already in ;)
just refer to him by his account name or in my case "use larger fonts" which ironically he is bitching that Amazon's fonts aren't big enough (or he's illiterate, not sure, now I know why he was offended by my 5 word signature; he can't read).
He'll ignore you, then pm you every day.

Eryi's Action AV6CQ-VFQZ5-Q64HX

tosses Tony a
bacon-grenade.jpg

Wow, you're not only a total douche but a lazy illiterate one.
PS Happy Thanksgiving.

hallelujah.jpg

Maybe you should convert each page to be "read" by the illiterate. Here's some icons to use.
For Steam Drm
steam-icon.png

For Origin Drm
486592_213174958805800_298444702_a.jpg

For Uplay Drm
Drm Free
gallery_338480_7901_3442.jpg

I'm already in ;)
just refer to him by his account name or in my case "use larger fonts" which ironically he is bitching that Amazon's fonts aren't big enough (or he's illiterate, not sure, now I know why he was offended by my 5 word signature; he can't read).
He'll ignore you, then pm you every day.

Eryi's Action AV6CQ-VFQZ5-Q64HX
I totally dig the symbols on the page idea.

But - oh, do we have a symbol for UPLAY DRM? ;)

I bet that Max Payne pack will be even cheaper in January when applying the EC credit. Rockstar games are usually part of the promo, from what I can remember.
Maybe each game in the pack is worth a fiver? That gets three for the price of one.

*unjinxed*

Anyone who was interested in the Max Payne Complete Pack...

Max Payne 1: Q0C0K-A8MVL-3DDIH

Max Payne 2: 4KFGX-YDVGM-YIVZ7

Max Payne 3: 65AP3-EKM54-AV47R

I'm keeping the season pass though. Sorry. 

I hoped X-Com Collection was separate code but not
I hoped Max Payne Complete was one code but not too

That's alright. I'm sure they're thankful and will enjoy the games. :)

Here are some more codes, that way you guys can jump on any deals from Tony without worrying about what I have.

All of the following games have Steam cards, if you're into that sort of thing. If you're not into steam cards, then perhaps you can send them to me when you unlock them.

Cities In Motion 2 NRYNN-6HIYJ-PR3Q9
Crusader Kings II 9AKD6-ABGV3-IXRBV
Dungeon Hearts J690F-5YL2B-RP65V
Hack Slash Loot 022YG-M24IH-H5NR5
Hearts Of Iron III QH029-CX9WV-2W7LF
Indie Game The Movie XMJH0-NVI9T-AJ7ZK
Nuclear Dawn QVARZ-ELM2A-BDTKI
Offspring Fling 9IBBH-HLAMT-WLBM5
Really Big Sky 7PLAK-6XBZW-8D5CJ
Space Pirates And Zombies 022Q0-MPMI0-A4LNL
The Path 0VD0M-4DRAZ-5ACIG
Trapped Dead 2G5QG-RHB5X-EX5YH
Trine 2 Complete Story XQTXW-JGJTD-EHJ7A
Warlock Master Of The Arcane X3JNR-Z6KV3-5WVE5
Zack Zero 345RI-VIPC4-9BZXN

That's alright. I'm sure they're thankful and will enjoy the games. :)

Here are some more codes, that way you guys can jump on any deals from Tony without worrying about what I have.

All of the following games have Steam cards, if you're into that sort of thing. If you're not into steam cards, then perhaps you can send them to me when you unlock them.

<snip>
Not a single game I want but don't have. Great drop, though!

Not a single game I want but don't have. Great drop, though!
Oh, not good enough for you? :p

I'll drop a few of my favorite games later. Not sure if today, or tomorrow. I was going to save them for Christmas, but with the sale going on now, and the big sale starting later this week, I should do a pre-sale purge.

I'll drop a few of my favorite games later. Not sure if today, or tomorrow. I was going to save them for Christmas, but with the sale going on now, and the big sale starting later this week, I should do a pre-sale purge.
So, what are the names of some of your favorite games?

Hah. :) I usually have terrible luck--I've gotten one drop ever on CAG, and that was Tony's fantastic PSN drop. I'll miss your next one, I'm sure, but it was still a great 30 seconds of frantic "Oh crap oh crap oh crap is there anything I want before they're all gone?" :)

So, what are the names of some of your favorite games?
Not necessarily my top-favorite games, but definitely some good ones I have extra codes for.

Anomaly Korea LWVNW-7XKAT-XMEVQ
Iron Brigade W9D5T-G32BL-I3MBD
Brutal Legend 575PN-NRRA0-27BL2
Psychonauts A66LI-DD2G9-CYMPP
Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can D948Y-JQIL7-63ZD3
Eufloria 75BMT-TYWAG-EEICK
FEZ RPLHA-DVLIG-E3M0X
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet 2HMXP-WZH6B-EGTKR
Little Inferno RQVV8-Q7N75-A8TEX
Madballs 2YMRH-7C2XF-V2Y9Q
Nightsky 7P0TQ-J3QW4-CPXTQ
Sam And Max 0FIIH-E24PF-FPGG5
THQ Bundle ZBXXZ-HX0GA-7YVYI
Borderlands 2: 9KJHA-6YSAA-5DJDM-8CN4D-3WBL2
XCOM Colllection GVKJR-GXNTV-G9PNM
VOX 2PHBF-AKL3Y-RFK5F
VOX W9XTK-Z3NCW-6Z65E
Hamlet or the Last Game without MMORPG Features, Shaders and Product Placement BBTRX-DEHB3-LLJYW

Mine says I have $193.42. Psh, as if.

It sure would be nice if the page actually said WHAT the credit was GOOD for.
Sadly, this is why so many of my Amazon credits have gone to waste over the years. Too many restrictions on what/when they can be used, and no easy way to track those restrictions.

Not necessarily my top-favorite games, but definitely some good ones I have extra codes for.

FEZ RPLHA-DVLIG-E3M0X
VOX 2PHBF-AKL3Y-RFK5F
VOX W9XTK-Z3NCW-6Z65E
Hamlet or the Last Game without MMORPG Features, Shaders and Product Placement BBTRX-DEHB3-LLJYW
Got BL2 wooooowowooooooo fanks

snip
Came by to thank Tony for putting up the Max Payne collection. Now I have to thank both Tony for MP and you for XCOM. You guys are too awesome :)

Currently converting my MP1 using some fix so the sound works properly. Haven't played MP1 and the original XCOMS in like 10 years!

FEZ RPLHA-DVLIG-E3M0X
VOX 2PHBF-AKL3Y-RFK5F
VOX W9XTK-Z3NCW-6Z65E
OMG!

I ask for a list of some of his fav's, and the dude instead drops more freaking codes!

INSANE!

I still wanna know the names of your fav' games, though!

u bass tard, u. I got Iron Brigade, Thanks LN!

Edit: And Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet! LN you're awesome!
Today was a pretty insane day...

never thought I'd pick up Dark Souls, Max Payne 1-3, and Borderlands 2 for $13 total when I woke up this morning

OMG!

I ask for a list of some of his fav's, and the dude instead drops more freaking codes!

INSANE!

I still wanna know the names of your fav' games, though!
Probably Charitable Enabler: Hoarder Edition

Any news if we'll be getting the NFS Mos Wanted deal again? Tony*, please respond?

*Tony is the nickname for Houston nowadays, if someone doesn't know.

Came by to thank Tony for putting up the Max Payne collection. Now I have to thank both Tony for MP and you for XCOM. You guys are too awesome :)

Currently converting my MP1 using some fix so the sound works properly. Haven't played MP1 and the original XCOMS in like 10 years!
The sound fix was kind of half assed for me. While it did make the sound work, I got some sort of feedback or static that was noticeable during the entire time I played. I could never fix it completely.

I'm not sure what my top favorite games are.

I certainly enjoyed Borderlands 2, Bioshock Infinite, Psychonauts, Eufloria, FEZ, Little Inferno, Batman Arkham Asylum was pretty awesome, Just Cause 2. 

I've been a fan of Yoshi's Island since forever. One of the earliest games I remember. 

I dunno. Tons of games. :)

Heads up, one of those VOX keys I probably already used, sorry about that. I couldn't remember which one was which..

The sound fix was kind of half assed for me. While it did make the sound work, I got some sort of feedback or static that was noticeable during the entire time I played. I could never fix it completely.
Ohh that's interesting. At the moment I'm getting almost no sound and I remember Max talking. So if I can at least get that working I'll only have to cope with a few cons I hope. I just want to make sure I get the story again from MP1+2 before I play 3 :)

Here's the last of my Steam keys. 

Hydrophobia: Prophecy 3WJP9-PL72X-V54GI
Puzzle Kingdoms 5NPEX-QQGKY-GI54E
Razor2: Hidden Skies QZ0NV-EHLI7-RQ8QP
Gravi Y6MQD-0ZKRQ-D3ZLY
Starpoint Gemini MXHHR-PTG3B-W2IIY
Starvoid CD9F6-93E25-T3V2G
Skyward Collapse GFVL6-CTCX2-YKZV7

Seriously, no more. All gone. Ain't got none else. 

... Except for a few Desura game keys, and some Steam gifts that I'm trying to figure out how to give out..

LN3000 said:

FEZ RPLHA-DVLIG-E3M0X
VOX 2PHBF-AKL3Y-RFK5F
VOX W9XTK-Z3NCW-6Z65E

LN3000 said:
I certainly enjoyed Borderlands 2, Bioshock Infinite, Psychonauts, Eufloria, FEZ, Little Inferno, Batman Arkham Asylum was pretty awesome, Just Cause 2.
I've been a fan of Yoshi's Island since forever. One of the earliest games I remember.

Heads up, one of those VOX keys I probably already used, sorry about that. I couldn't remember which one was which..
Tried both Vox keys, the one you didn't activate was lurked.
fartface above me already took bioshock 2.
edit
added fartface aka passports to my friends list

Yeah, Bioshock Infinite was quite amazing - my favorite game of 2013, so far.

Borderlands 2 was pretty damn awesome.

Batman: AA + AC was both great - especially AC, if you ask me.

Arkham Origins is going to be $20 on Thursday. (Crazy!)

Kind of frustrated since it just came out. I don't mind when games go on sale, but not when it's so soon after they came out. I'm sure that's a complaint everyone always has when buying new games.

Anyway, I still have a copy of Batman Arkham City in my Steam inventory.. anyone have idea how I can give out steam inventory? 14 games waiting for a good home..

I think I'm pickin up dat ps3 last of us/batman arks and oranges bundle on b. friday. Can finally compare LoU w/BI.

Don't worry, I'm sure Naughty Dog reads CAG threads and will port it to PC for you

Kind of frustrated since it just came out. I don't mind when games go on sale, but not when it's so soon after they came out. I'm sure that's a complaint everyone always has when buying new games.

Anyway, I still have a copy of Batman Arkham City in my Steam inventory.. anyone have idea how I can give out steam inventory? 14 games waiting for a good home..
You could request for their email address, or just add them as a friend? I think emailing them to yourself and giving out the gift link works too.

Here's the last of my Steam keys.

Hydrophobia: Prophecy 3WJP9-PL72X-V54GI
Puzzle Kingdoms 5NPEX-QQGKY-GI54E
Razor2: Hidden Skies QZ0NV-EHLI7-RQ8QP
Gravi Y6MQD-0ZKRQ-D3ZLY
Starpoint Gemini MXHHR-PTG3B-W2IIY
Starvoid CD9F6-93E25-T3V2G
Skyward Collapse GFVL6-CTCX2-YKZV7

Seriously, no more. All gone. Ain't got none else.

... Except for a few Desura game keys, and some Steam gifts that I'm trying to figure out how to give out..
Haha... I think we can safely assume the 59 guests probably snatched all those up.

I didn't take any today, but killer collection of drops LN3000. Not only impressive but outstanding. May you have great Karma during your Thanksgiving and Black Friday shopping!

I'd have to agree. Loved all those games.

You could list the games at some point and the first person to PM for the game they want whilst saying peas and shank you can get the game. You'd have to gift it to them which may be ahastle but whatevs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back