Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Arkham Origins is going to be $20 on Thursday. (Crazy!)

Kind of frustrated since it just came out. I don't mind when games go on sale, but not when it's so soon after they came out. I'm sure that's a complaint everyone always has when buying new games.

Anyway, I still have a copy of Batman Arkham City in my Steam inventory.. anyone have idea how I can give out steam inventory? 14 games waiting for a good home..
By pm, but only to contributing members… with at least 73 "likes"… and at least 1 hour game time in Bad Rats :D

... Except for a few Desura game keys, and some Steam gifts that I'm trying to figure out how to give out..
For the Steam gifts you can always start a giveaway for the CAG group on SteamGifts, or private giveaway and give links only to the people you would want to participate. Same is valid for keys though, as long as everything is redeemable on Steam.

It's so nice of you to drop codes like that, LN3000. I just wish people were decent enough to at least sign in (or register) and thank you for them. 

I'm not sure what my top favorite games are.

I certainly enjoyed Borderlands 2, Bioshock Infinite, Psychonauts, Eufloria, FEZ, Little Inferno, Batman Arkham Asylum was pretty awesome, Just Cause
Interesting list. BL1 was amazing but the DLC kind of drove me into the ground; I'm going to pick up BL2 soonish but want to take a break after completing the first a few weeks ago. BAA I hated the POV (over the shoulder) as it always felt so off-center.

BI is awesome from what I've played so far. Need to finish it. Did you forget a 2 on that JC callout, or is the first decent as well? I have both but haven't played either yet.

Where's the dislike button?
That took a lot of courage to admit

Not only do you get to be a superhero with a luxurious and luscious head of hair

But you're also kinda a dick

Dick.

Edit: At least your vision is so poor that you don't even know which direction to look toward in order to properly utilize your glasses.

That's karma

Idiot

Deuterium7 said:
Haha... I think we can safely assume the 59 guests probably snatched all those up.
this is the image I received while hacking their webcam
35333.jpg

found this in their "my webcam videos" folder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP16YKAuwnE

Arkham Origins is going to be $20 on Thursday. (Crazy!)

Kind of frustrated since it just came out. I don't mind when games go on sale, but not when it's so soon after they came out. I'm sure that's a complaint everyone always has when buying new games.

Anyway, I still have a copy of Batman Arkham City in my Steam inventory.. anyone have idea how I can give out steam inventory? 14 games waiting for a good home..
I can wait on Arkham Origins - I'm kinda Batman'd out right now, after Batman: AA & AC + Harley Quinn's Revenge.

It doesn't look like Arkham Origins is really going to change or advance the Batman: Arkham series formula too much, either.

I got it whn it was $5 the other day.

EDIT --

Was having steering delay issues but thatnk to paz9x for the pm to fix it (as well as those who suggested it here).

Who would have though setting the FPS to 30 locked would fix it :)

For those who want to know .. goto Documents\Criterion Games\Need For Speed(TM) Most Wanted and edit config.NFS13Save in notepad and change LockTo30 from false to true.

Thermopyle said:
Dang, I didn't see that one. I just got back, so I wouldn't have got it anyway. Great snatch. :)
oh come on, really? how am I supposed to respond to that without getting banned?
[pic of your mama's snatch with a caption reading "great snatch :)" redacted here]

spoderman said:
Where's the dislike button?
Count Burgula to the rescue
188192_550351394993107_1504680262_n.jpg

I have not noticed any issues with NFS: Most Wanted.  I get no delay with my Xbox controller, I am used to NFS games though - played every single one to the end until Carbon, then skipped a few here and there.

I have not noticed any issues with NFS: Most Wanted. I get no delay with my Xbox controller, I am used to NFS games though - played every single one to the end until Carbon, then skipped a few here and there.
For me it was a fps issue. as soon as i locked the fps at 30 it was fine, prior to that it was pretty bad, weird stuttering.

I still have 100% freezes when the intro video to a mw race starts, have yet to do one of those :cry:

I have not noticed any issues with NFS: Most Wanted. I get no delay with my Xbox controller, I am used to NFS games though - played every single one to the end until Carbon, then skipped a few here and there.
What kind of PC you running and what settings you running it on?

I got everything on High + SSAO is on @ 1920x1080.

I had to turn things up (SSAO went on), just to try and stablize the framerate out. It was getting wild jumps and drops anywhere b/t 30 and 60 frames per sec. It's a bit more stable now.

And another time I booted it up, the game just decided to stay at 30 frames per sec at all times. I didn't enable that via the config files - WTH?

For me it was a fps issue. as soon as i locked the fps at 30 it was fine, prior to that it was pretty bad, weird stuttering.

I still have 100% freezes when the intro video to a mw race starts, have yet to do one of those :cry:
Yeah, I noticed those intro videos use up a lot of resources. At least there are a bunch of graphics settings to mess around with.

What kind of PC you running and what settings you running it on?

I got everything on High + SSAO is on @ 1920x1080.

I had to turn things up (SSAO went on), just to try and stablize the framerate out. It was getting wild jumps and drops anywhere b/t 30 and 60 frames per sec. It's a bit more stable now.

And another time I booted it up, the game just decided to stay at 30 frames per sec at all times. I didn't enable that via the config files - WTH?
nfs rivals is locked at 30 fps, hugemjlaugh,gif theres a fix for it though, i seen it on gaf :eek:

It's a physics game with questionable physics. Now it's just more popular to hate it, because, the internet.
Yea, but that's the twist tho. Like w/Bioshock infinite, how the twist is that
tebow's the songbird

In Bad Rats, the twist is that you're actually on Mars

@MysterD

I run it at all settings maxed out at with anti aliasing off at 1080.  I have Phenom X4 2.8gh(undervolted) and a GTX 660, with 8gigs  and Win7 x64.

I too noticed that the game jumps down from 60 to 30-40's but I expect that from an open world game.  I got a constant 50-60 with all settings at low.  And I also noticed that "Light Scattering?" affects performance a lot.

Edit:  I also used Nvidia Geforce Experience, you guys that are having crashing issues may want to try that.

Also found this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed-Most-Wanted/Game-stops-and-crashes-at-Most-Wanted-cutscenes/td-p/381292/page/6

nfs rivals is locked at 30 fps, hugemjlaugh,gif theres a fix for it though, i seen it on gaf :eek:
I do prefer 60 FPS like most PC gamers around here.

But - if a game is locked to 30 FPS, the dev's built it around that, and it doesn't drop too much lower (i.e. below 25 frames and we now have a problem), then it won't be too much of a big deal.

Otherwise - if they lock it and 30 frame and it dips below say 25 frames. I won't be very happy. They lock it at 30, it better stay damn close to around that.

Hey, this isn't the tech support thread, it's the "Amazon DVG games and LN3000 key drop" thread!
Oh, we getting into tech support?

Wait until I have a bone to pick w/ Amazon MP3 for their mistakes. :p

@Tony - send this over to the Amazon MP3 Department. :p

They have Ellie Goulding's song "Burn" as their song of the week at 69 cents - which is fine.

But, the link in there from "Burn" - it says "Halcyon Days" (the re-issue of "Halcyon" but w/ A LOT more tracks) for a limited time is $6.99.

First off, the link in there - that link send you to the Halcyon original edition (which is currently $4.99 - which matches Google Play's price).

Second off - "Halcyon Days" is listed at full price at $17.49.

So, what is it, Amazon MP3?

Did you mean Halycon (original) should be $6.99?

(Even though you're doing one better and matched Google Play at $4.99).

Or should Halycon Days really be $6.99 and do they need to put the correct link in there & fix its price?

anything worth getting in this sale? anyone taken a look through the list and picked out the goodies?
Tons worth getting. Not a ton for me though, since I already have most of them.

Some things that I have some interest in:

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures

DuckTales: Remastered
GRID 2
Legacy of Kain Pack
LEGO Batman
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
LEGO Heroes Pack (Lego HP 5-7 + Lego Batman 2 + Lego LotR)
Metro Franchise Pack (Actually just need Last Light. Any other codes I'll just drop here.)

More games!

anything worth getting in this sale? anyone taken a look through the list and picked out the goodies?
I tried, but it's a lot of stuff. I'm picking at everything $5 and under. So far the only thing I see that I don't have is Sleeping Dogs, but it doesn't include DLC.

Max Payne Complete was my best purchase so far. I'm looking to see if Amazon price matches any of Steam's Black Friday sales this week.

DuckTales: Remastered
GRID 2
Legacy of Kain Pack
LEGO Batman
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
LEGO Heroes Pack (Lego HP 5-7 + Lego Batman 2 + Lego LotR)
Metro Franchise Pack (Actually just need Last Light. Any other codes I'll just drop here.)

More games!
You almost gave me a heart attack.. I thought you were giving those away! BTW I'd wait until Pac-Man is $10 or less, it's not worth more than that.

I liked when we got emails with codes for the 5 dollar credits with this promo.  Not getting any indication you get the credit, it seems like too much work on the buyers end to make sure we actually get all the credits we should be getting....also it was nice being able to give the credits we didnt use to other people without having to buy the games for them.  I know that I had to contact customer support about missing credits with the last promo....again..I shouldnt have to do this...but I guess thats part of the promo....you snooze you lose.

Mostly though...it made it easier to keep track of things getting emails signifying we actually have the credits and could use a code to redeem them.

Here's what I've been looking at:

Deals begin 11/29:

AC3 (base game only) -> Steam-version or UPlay Only Version = $7.49

or AC3: Deluxe -> Steam-version = $14.99

Far Cry 3: Deluxe + Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon -> UPlay Version = $14.99

Having bought it for $10 during the glitch sale on release, I can definitely say that's it's worth $10… but $20? Eh, you could hold off for at least $15 or less, just my two cents.

Doesn't Intel still have that Facebook giveaway for that?

It's pretty easy to win using a trick. (Aiming to certain time range (2:48-3:00 iirc), with making enough "honest" mistakes or just waiting)

Don't ask why. Probably bad (sorting) code?

No it all sucks :cry:

None of us have been talking about how awesome 6 dollar Dark Souls, 6.99 Max payne pack, or the upcoming Lego Bundle is/will be.

Autumn/Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale my ass

Without Sarcasm: Dark Souls/MP pack/Lego Bundle mmm tasty

No it all sucks :cry:

None of us have been talking about how awesome 6 dollar Dark Souls, 6.99 Max payne pack, or the upcoming Lego Bundle is/will be.

Autumn/Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale my ass

Without Sarcasm: Dark Souls/MP pack/Lego Bundle mmm tasty
May I ask as I missed again, which Lego bundle? That with half the HP games and some of the others or another one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back