Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the Far Cry 3 standalone is 7.49 now, when's the 14.99 bundle w/ Blood Dragon go live?

This was UPlay only though right? Otherwise I will be really mad I bought FC3 Steam earlier today when it flipped...

Will we have Yesterday at $5 till the end of the sale considering that's it's price on Steam too? Can't decide if I want to buy it and if I have some cash left around 2nd Dec I might do. I noticed the price on the spreadsheet says it ends today but I'm asking for a future PM on that.

TONY, 

First off I want to say thanks, the attention to community is really remarkable.

Second, I love that Gran Turismo 5 XL got price matched to Walmart for $9.99, snagged that (along with TLOU, digital copies of FC3, AC3 Deluxe, Brothers, etcetc.)

My quesiton: any chance we could get God Of War Saga price matched to Walmart at $15? This PS3 newbie would snag a deal like that... I would love to see good drops on other console exclusives like Journey Collector's Edition, Infamous Collection, etc

Keep up the good work!

Quick question regarding the Dead Island pack. Are the keys region locked?

If I remember correctly I have read something a couple pages pack about all Deep Silver games being region locked to NA but can't find the post in question, so I'm not sure if I'm mixing up stuff or if this actually was the case.

Quick question regarding the Dead Island pack. Are the keys region locked?

If I remember correctly I have read something a couple pages pack about all Deep Silver games being region locked to NA but can't find the post in question, so I'm not sure if I'm mixing up stuff or if this actually was the case.
Not sure but someone in this thread on the Steam forums says it is.

Midnight is edging near.. I can feel my wallet trembling in my pants. (I 'hope' it's my wallet)

A number of deals I'll be jumping on. 

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Couple of updates:

4. We changed the BF4 $24.99 promotion. Here are the new details:

1. [SIZE=11pt]We’ll be at $24.99 for 4 hours 3:10PM (PST) – 7:10PM (PST) on 11/28[/SIZE]
  2. [SIZE=11pt]Prior to that we will be at $34.99 on 11/28[/SIZE]
  3. [SIZE=11pt]On 11/29 we’ll be at $29.99[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]This deal changed a bunch over the last couple of days, this should be the final iteration.[/SIZE]

Question on this right now the ps4 version is $25.00. The xbox one version is still $49.99. Does this mean the xbox one version will drop to $29.99 tomorrow or is it a lightning deal? I'm having a hard time keeping track of which versions are on sale and if it's xbox 360 or xbox one.

I'm sorry if the question has been asked before.

Question on this right now the ps4 version is $25.00. The xbox one version is still $49.99. Does this mean the xbox one version will drop to $29.99 tomorrow or is it a lightning deal? I'm having a hard time keeping track of which versions are on sale and if it's xbox 360 or xbox one.

I'm sorry if the question has been asked before.
You sure you aren't looking at the PS3 version? PS4 version is showing up as $49.99 for me, but maybe I missed it.. I don't think ANY next-gen titles are going to be found for lower than that, unless it's a glitch.

Just to let everyone know: I just got the PS3 digital code off Amazon for $25 bucks. Redeemed it, and it showed up as a upgrade option on the PS4. Used the $10 promo from buying a PS4, and I am now downloading the PS4 version AND I am getting a $5 credit. 

So yeah, get it while you can! 

You sure you aren't looking at the PS3 version? PS4 version is showing up as $49.99 for me, but maybe I missed it.. I don't think ANY next-gen titles are going to be found for lower than that, unless it's a glitch.
The page is loading funky on my laptop but is loading on my phone but it's http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/gb/ld/468642/ref=aw_gb_ld_p2?p=1 on page 2 and it's a lightning deal for the ps4 version of battlefield 4 for $25. but, it's only got 45 minutes left.

Me: "Awww man I just missed 'dat date with Kate Upton."

LN: "Check your PM"

Me: "ERMAGERD WERRFLEZ AND CHERKLATZ!  KEERT ERRPTERRRN IZ IN MERR PERRREEEERMMS!"

The page is loading funky on my laptop but is loading on my phone but it's http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/gb/ld/468642/ref=aw_gb_ld_p2?p=1 on page 2 and it's a lightning deal for the ps4 version of battlefield 4 for $25. but, it's only got 45 minutes left.
Weird. Not seeing any other reports of this being available, might be a funky browser on your part, or maybe just a super lucky awesome specialized deal, in which case I recommend you purchase it and trade your Xbox in for a PS4. Not very good adivce though, sorry.

I know most people are buying the current gen version for $25, then doing the $10 magic next-gen upgrade. Guess it's probably not worth switching up consoles for ten bucks.

One of these days LN3000 is gonna play with us.  He's gonna toss 30 keys at us.  29 of those keys will be Bad Rats and 1 will be a special game.

Just to let everyone know: I just got the PS3 digital code off Amazon for $25 bucks. Redeemed it, and it showed up as a upgrade option on the PS4. Used the $10 promo from buying a PS4, and I am now downloading the PS4 version AND I am getting a $5 credit.

So yeah, get it while you can!
That's actually a pretty clever idea! Question though: How good is Battlefield 4 if you don't plan on playing multiplayer much (or at all)? I've never played a Battlefield game, but I'm always interested in checking out new games if something compels me enough.

[Makes oblique comment to get free steam game key from LN]

:whistle2:
Psht, whatever.

That's actually a pretty clever idea! Question though: How good is Battlefield 4 if you don't plan on playing multiplayer much (or at all)? I've never played a Battlefield game, but I'm always interested in checking out new games if something compels me enough.

Psht, whatever.
bf bc 2 was boring single it my regret sale

The Battlefield 3 single player campaign was rather short, took me about 5 hours and I goofed around quite a bit. Played smooth though, and looked absolutely stunning. All the DLC/premium addons are exclusive to multiplayer. The devs said they wanted to make BF4's single player more robust, but most people say it's about the same as BF3, just with more 'splosions.

I'm waiting 'til it hits $10. It probably won't be too long.

Sorry to infect the PCDD thread with "other" Amazon DVG stuff, but since it looks like Tony's also handling the console DD  business...

Which games does the PS3 -> PS4 upgrade work on? Sorely tempted to grab a PS3 DD game from Amazon and upgrade to PS4 via PSN to support Tony since he gave me a free Injustice key. Any recommendations from the crowd?

(I'm still a PC supremacist - please don't hurt me.)

Sorry to infect the PCDD thread with "other" Amazon DVG stuff, but since it looks like Tony's also handling the console DD business...

Which games does the PS3 -> PS4 upgrade work on? Sorely tempted to grab a PS3 DD game from Amazon and upgrade to PS4 via PSN to support Tony since he gave me a free Injustice key. Any recommendations from the crowd?

The only reason I'm not going to hurt you is because I don't know where you live

I HATE YOU

Sorry to infect the PCDD thread with "other" Amazon DVG stuff, but since it looks like Tony's also handling the console DD business...

AFAIK, it's Assassin's Creed 4, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and Injustice.

edit: That would have been timely news had we discussed this about 15 minutes ago when BF4 was still on sale for $25 :cold:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back