Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
It's gonna be hard to send a car through PM, don't you think?

Idiot
haha spoderman lost his mind pasports i heard aj slap him so hard he went loco

The only reason I'm not going to hurt you is because I don't know where you live

I HATE YOU
sasha grey was mean to u by being with her friend Jenna Haze so sad. she pproly mad at u the other day for locking her in

Someone needs a pumpkin spice latte and a nap.

That someone might be me, but if it works, you might want one too.
nah he just mad sasha grey wasnt with him for day.

So you know when LN said the shocker that he was fresh out of keys? Well psych! He actually had just unloaded a lot for me to pass out to you freeloaders fellow CAGs, and since it's a holiday and I'm going to be up anyway waiting for these deals to flip, might as well clear out a good chunk if anyone else is awake.

Thanksgiving/Black Friday keys from LN and I up for grabs:

• The 39 Steps
  • Lucid
  • Anodyne Went to crzyboy88
  • Men of War: Condemned Heroes
  • Gatling Gears Went to awestover89
  • Geneforge Saga
  • Greed Corp
  • Pacific Storm Allies
  • Cherry Tree High Comedy Club (Desura)
  • XIII Century - Gold Edition
  • Medal of Honor (Origin)
Obligatory logic puzzle:

A teacher was reprimanding a particularly lazy student one day and told him the following:
"At the very least, you need to study once a day for an entire week before a test. Don't skimp on time either! Each time you study, I want you to study for a minimum of two hours."

The boy had no choice but to follow the teacher's orders, but decided he'd spend as little time possible doing so. Assuming the boy followed the teacher's orders exactly, how many hours did he end up studying?

Just quote this post and PM me the answer along with which game you'd like.

Monkeys use Google to solve there problems; don't be a monkey!

Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone ^_^

And no I haven't forgotten you lurkers:
[customspoiler="Moderately stale leftovers"]
Fair Noir (Desura) - KVBT6C2A1Q
Nikopol (Steam) - 2K6X7-B3ZXR-DB0A8
Zafehouse Diaries (GOG) - http://www.gog.com/redeem/QK846UH2
Torchlight (GOG) - MHVA-3NRE-H92X-2WZC
Laxius Force (Desura) - PBO9Z-DMLDR-K6CCU-F98YP-75CFC
The Showdown Effect (Steam) - DWQFN-Y9WVL-G2RTC
[/customspoiler]

So you know when LN said the shocker that he was fresh out of keys? Well psych! He actually had just unloaded a lot for me to pass out to you freeloaders fellow CAGs, and since it's a holiday and I'm going to be up anyway waiting for these deals to flip, might as well clear out a good chunk if anyone else is awake.

Thanksgiving/Black Friday keys from LN and I up for grabs:

• The 39 Steps
  • Lucid
  • Anodyne
  • Men of War: Condemned Heroes
  • Gatling Gears
  • Geneforge Saga
  • Greed Corp
  • Pacific Storm Allies
  • Cherry Tree High Comedy Club (Desura)
  • XIII Century - Gold Edition
  • Medal of Honor (Origin)
Obligatory logic puzzle:

A teacher was reprimanding a particularly lazy student one day and told him the following:
"At the very least, you need to study once a day for an entire week before a test. Don't skimp on time either! Each time you study, I want you to study for a minimum of two hours."

The boy had no choice but to follow the teacher's orders, but decided he'd spend as little time possible doing so. Assuming the boy followed the teacher's orders exactly, how many hours did he end up studying?

Just quote this post and PM me the answer along with which game you'd like.

Monkeys use Google to solve there problems; don't be a monkey!

Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone ^_^

And no I haven't forgotten you lurkers:
[customspoiler="Moderately stale leftovers"]
Fair Noir (Desura) - KVBT6C2A1Q
Nikopol (Steam) - 2K6X7-B3ZXR-DB0A8
Zafehouse Diaries (GOG) - http://www.gog.com/redeem/QK846UH2
Torchlight (GOG) - MHVA-3NRE-H92X-2WZC
Laxius Force (Desura) - PBO9Z-DMLDR-K6CCU-F98YP-75CFC
The Showdown Effect (Steam) - DWQFN-Y9WVL-G2RTC
[/customspoiler]
Think I got the answer, sending PM

Couldnt resist the $20 price point on Lego marvel... This is one game I didnt want to wait for a 75% discount come steam sales or the like... Thanks Amazon... :D

Couldnt resist the $20 price point on Lego marvel... This is one game I didnt want to wait for a 75% discount come steam sales or the like... Thanks Amazon... :D
I'll pass until a future sale. I'm a few minutes away from pulling the trigger on 5 other Lego games (and a few other games as well)

And the PS+ pass.

sweet, picked up Zafehouse Diaries. then i looked around to see what it was and...

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/03/now-playing-an-incompetent-post-apocalyptic-social-worker-in-zafehouse-diaries/

Now Playing: an incompetent post-apocalyptic social worker in Zafehouse Diaries

Remember that old logic puzzle about taking a fox, a chicken, and a bag of feed across a river in a boat one at a time? The fox wants to eat the chicken, the chicken wants to eat the feed, and so on. Zafehouse Diaries reminds me of that puzzle, only the boat is broken, the fox is racist against the chicken, the chicken is uncomfortable around men, and there’s a rumor that the bag of feed directed a film popular among wealthy old women. Also, there are zombies.

I... I see.

I got Laxius Force (Desura), thanks!

-Not like winning the lottery, but close. :)

Here's Hydrophobia: Prophecy    HV5I9-ZWRBN-MQVI7   (steam)

Sorry for not specifying it but a few months back there was a promotion that if you bought Batman arkham asylum or Arkham city you were given a $5 voucher for origins that lasted a year I think. So with today's deal, you saved even more with the voucher. I did use my voucher so now I have all 3 batman games.

When is Metro LL Season Pass gonna be $5.1. Was supposed to be today, right? 29th. And is it region locked to NA or not?
yes it is 5.10 but when u buy it check it 9.99 lol fianllyl it is got it 10cents after my amazon gift card. ugh there nothing else good sf x teeken complete is too pricy most of game i want is on steam heh man if any of my wish list get cheap or someone gives it aftr the worst gift by neuro it painfull

Does Amazon not have an automatic price flipping system?

Do they have to do this manually every time?

Patiently waiting for price slip before i try to get a nap in before work in 2 1/2 hours :)

Waiting... just waiting.

Waiting (patiently) for the prices to flip.

Patiently. :)

Waiting.
A couple of keys for CAG's waiting (must own basegame): ;)

The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff Key

FGVD-A5XG-FATW-ATPQ-4JGS

The Sims 3 Late Night Key

983B-MVAW-5S8Z-VX8N-YKSW

Regards!

Well heck sauce... I'm waiting as well. It looks like changes are being made but prices are not flipping yet. :whistle2:k

I need to go to sleep so I can dream about eating more turkey and pumpkin pie.

A couple of keys for CAG's waiting (must own basegame): ;)
I attempted to redeem both of those, although turns out I already have both of them.

I sure hope Origin doesn't double-redeem codes. It said redeemed, but Steam is smart enough to not actually use a code if you already own it. I doubt Origin is as smart. :(

Either way, thank you!

I attempted to redeem both of those, although turns out I already have both of them.

I sure hope Origin doesn't double-redeem codes. It said redeemed, but Steam is smart enough to not actually use a code if you already own it. I doubt Origin is as smart. :(

Either way, thank you!
Origin is that kid in a family where the one kid is an overachiever, and origin is the under achieving little crud that everybody hates. And Origin's all lyk "omg it's not fair Steam is such a suck up" and errybody else is all lyk "No Origin you just suck"

God Origin I h8 u

Blockland just flipped so I think the rest are on their way.
Thank god. I need to buy more games I won't play until god knows when before I can go to sleep.

I have to. I have to add to my backlog. NOW.

Waiting a little more......

Also have a spare key for Batman Arkham Assylum, for a reliable CAG. PM me!

Regards!

Origin is that kid in a family where the one kid is an overachiever, and origin is the under achieving little crud that everybody hates. And Origin's all lyk "omg it's not fair Steam is such a suck up" and errybody else is all lyk "No Origin you just suck"

God Origin I h8 u
That was like poetry man. Wow.

God Origin I h8 u

Thank god. I need to buy more games I won't play until god knows when before I can go to sleep.

I have to. I have to add to my backlog. NOW.
oh really poor sasha grey doesnt get to sleepp

That was like poetry man. Wow.
hmm oh realy my song

yo my backclog is so big it squash mysterd head in half yo
my gum hatees me it hurts my feeling

Most of my games on steam wishlist is only steam not fucking amazon yo

so long this price flipping is longer mysterdrm talk hhehh and neuro sneding m worst gift in his gifitng days

I thought it was a system-wide price change that would take place at the proper time.  Now I'm thinking there is one guy with the skydrive spreadsheet open from the sale changing these by hand...

I would hate you too if you grinded me to a pulp with your teeth and then threw me out when my flavor got a bit bland

Have you ever thought of this stuff from your gum's point of view?
pasports hurting his gf sasha grey feeling she damn text me saying pasports mean lol. Sasha Grey wants to date me i told her sorry i dont betray my brothr pasports no matter how hot you are. boom goes my brain im out now im done

I want to go to sleep. Somebody buy me a a ps+ card when it flips. I'll buy you a copy of Bad Rats and Jack Keane 2 in exchange. Fair trade really I swear

$7.99 lightning deal for "giant" (2x 8oz) Reese's peanut butter cups. Regular price $13ish. :shock:
Those things are WEIRD. I never thought there'd be a thing such as "too much Reese's," but that's it. It's like one of those frozen pot pies, except in peanut butter cup form.

Looks like most of the prices are updating. Still no change on Hot Dog King ...erm, Pro Evolution Soccer 2014.

Those things are WEIRD. I never thought there'd be a thing such as "too much Reese's," but that's it. It's like one of those frozen pot pies, except in peanut butter cup form.
That is a creepily accurate description.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back