Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
What happened to the $14.99 SR4?   It's at $19.99.  My price point is $15 or less for that game even though I had a lot of fun with 3.

Tony -- will this be updated?

Happy Holidays!

Surely this has been discussed and I just ignored it, but is there some reason every time I try to buy a digital game, it wants my card # so it can be my 1-click settings for digital purchases...even though I have 1-click set and already did it on this same page?  The most pressing reason is that I want to use my Amazon Rewards card, but have forgotten the actual card #/lost the card and it's saved in Amazon...but I can't pick it.  I have to type it in.

I LOVE my Vita. LOVE.

By the way for anyone who missed it before that Eldor Scrolls anthology is back on as a lightning deal for $24.99
I'm loving my vita as well. I've got PS+ in NA and EU, and I've got a 32gb for NA and 8gb for EU. They're both full. Will definitely get a 64gb if they ever get rid of the one-card-per-account BS.

Does the ES anthology come with keys for each game or just a single key for the set? I'm only interested in SKyrim, and would trade/flip/give the others.

I'm loving my vita as well. I've got PS+ in NA and EU, and I've got a 32gb for NA and 8gb for EU. They're both full. Will definitely get a 64gb if they ever get rid of the one-card-per-account BS.

Does the ES anthology come with keys for each game or just a single key for the set? I'm only interested in SKyrim, and would trade/flip/give the others.
You can use multiple cards on the same account but I think you have to turn the Vita off to swap them. I haven't put my 4gb back in for quite a while so I can't remember exactly how it works.

The description doesn't mention if Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim have speparate keys but from the reviews I only see mention of "a key" for activation. Can't say for sure though.

Here is one response from someone asking about Steam for MW and O:

"It shouldn't require Steam for Morrowind or Oblivion, and according to the Bethblog post by Bethesda, they will not. However, if you want all of the minor DLC for Oblivion (beyond Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles), you will need Steam. The reason for this is that they are including a Steam key that unlocks Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY Deluxe, and Skyrim Legendary. However, they are also providing the disc based versions of Morrowind and Oblivion so you don't need Steam for those (that version of Oblivion lacks the minor DLC like Horse Armor and Wizard's Tower). Skyrim always required Steam even with the disc."

Another blurb:

"A Steam account is required to activate Skyrim, even if installing from the DVD; this is not required for the other 4 games. If you've never used Steam, it does NOT require a 100% always-on Internet connection, only an initial one to create an account, then activate and download the game. A Steam Key is included, and will also add Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim to your Steam account, but you can install all the games (excluding Skyrim) without Steam if desired."

You can use multiple cards on the same account but I think you have to turn the Vita off to swap them. I haven't put my 4gb back in for quite a while so I can't remember exactly how it works.
I was talking about having multiple accounts on the Vita, not multiple cards on the same account. The way it works is you take out the card, reset the Vita to defaults, put in the other card, and set the VIta up with the account the card is tied to. You have to do that every time you want to switch accounts on the Vita. It's a pain.

Thanks for the info on ES Anthology. I'll pass that up I've been wanting to try Skyrim for a while and everything I'm reading indicates you need the DLC for modding, but I don't want to pay $20 for one game. Oh well. I guess I can wait another year or two. :(

I was talking about having multiple accounts on the Vita, not multiple cards on the same account. The way it works is you take out the card, reset the Vita to defaults, put in the other card, and set the VIta up with the account the card is tied to. You have to do that every time you want to switch accounts on the Vita. It's a pain.

Thanks for the info on ES Anthology. I'll pass that up I've been wanting to try Skyrim for a while and everything I'm reading indicates you need the DLC for modding, but I don't want to pay $20 for one game. Oh well. I guess I can wait another year or two. :(
Oh, duh! Sorry about that. It's still early and the read portion of my brain isn't quite awake yet.

I have gotten so used to digital games that I don't even think about buying them on disc these days. Skyrim is my only interest out of the set too so I will wait for the legendary edition to go on sale cheap.

I would like to know if Saint's Row 4 is going to be changed to $15 also. That would be perfect because I have the $5 credit for buying Saint's Row 3 from Amazon.

I'd love to see Hunted: Demon's Forge at $5. It's nowhere near the game that Dishonored is, and it's a lot older too.

And I want it!

You can also get Dishonored GOTY Edition here for $13.60 (66% off)
Yeah, since there's no season pass for this, the GOTY seems like the better deal. I bit, but now have to wait & wonder if it'll be on the EC list for $5 less. Also want the SR4, but want it to be complete.

I hadn't found anything I wanted until I saw the Scribblenauts pack. Unlimited and Unmasked for $14.99, I'm definitely in for that.

Yeah, since there's no season pass for this, the GOTY seems like the better deal. I bit, but now have to wait & wonder if it'll be on the EC list for $5 less. Also want the SR4, but want it to be complete.
Just so you know...Dishonored GOTY at GameFly for $13.59 which should make it $10.87 after 20% off. (GFDNOV20)

All these deals are USELESS since i have those games already!.   Saints row $14.99 i'll bite.   Tony make it happen

I would like to know if Saint's Row 4 is going to be changed to $15 also. That would be perfect because I have the $5 credit for buying Saint's Row 3 from Amazon.
Going back through 8 pages still, yesterday was a madhouse with pricing issues that we're just getting resolved now.

SRIV has been changed to $15, no idea why it was $20, give it a few minutes to flip.

Cheers,

Tony

All these deals are USELESS since i have those games already!. Saints row $14.99 i'll bite. Tony make it happen
Still waiting too. Come one, Tony, flip the switch.

EDIT: Tony, you the man!! Thank you very much.

SRIV has been changed to $15, no idea why it was $20, give it a few minutes to flip.
Lovely. It's live now!

Is there a peculiar reason why Battlefield gets such a hefty discount but the earlier-released FIFA only went down from 40 to 30?

Any news about the PES 2014 price? You know you want to make it cheap.
I would still like to know if PES 2014 is actually going on sale. Never had a price listed in the spreadsheet.

Going back through 8 pages still, yesterday was a madhouse with pricing issues that we're just getting resolved now.

Cheers,

Tony
Yes, but did you know that Tebow isn't actually a bot?

Cheers,
Tony
Sr4 changed to 20$ sometime during thanksgiving. Thought it was a price match

Just so you know...Dishonored GOTY at GameFly for $13.59 which should make it $10.87 after 20% off. (GFDNOV20)
Damn Neuro, where were you with that info before I pulled the trigger?!? :shame: But I'm mostly still OK with it since there's the $5 EC credit and several $$$ of Amazon gift card cash to burn through, so total out of pocket for this was $0. Hope it helps another CAG though.

Ugh... so tempted by Saint's Row 4 at $15, but I just bought Arkham Origins last night & really shouldn't be too spendy right now.. sigh.

I thought the same thing... But I caved haha ugh

Hey Tony, what about this one??? Is it going to be on sale tomorrow?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AJNWHGI?tag=cheapassgam08-20
On sale now :).

Is this a bad time to ask whatever happened to the talk about getting the Steam version of Kingdoms of Amalur on amazon?

The guy in charge of Steam keys stopped contacting Tony. I think it's a lost cause now..
I reached out and asked about selling Steam keys, the guy in charge of the content (the lawyer managing the now defunct company) told me he had no idea they were even selling on Steam, much less who was getting paid for the sales. He told me he needed to get that sorted out and he'd get back to me as soon as he did.

A week later the game had that one day flash sale on Steam and I haven't heard back from them since.

Does Amazon not have an automatic price flipping system?

Do they have to do this manually every time?

Patiently waiting for price slip before i try to get a nap in before work in 2 1/2 hours :)

I thought it was a system-wide price change that would take place at the proper time. Now I'm thinking there is one guy with the skydrive spreadsheet open from the sale changing these by hand...
Lol, we have a large automated system. Sometimes it breaks :(.

Cheers,
Tony

Went to buy Saints Row IV for $15 and it applied a forgotten discount to make it $10.  No idea what that discount was but... SCORE! :whee:

On sale now :).

I reached out and asked about selling Steam keys, the guy in charge of the content (the lawyer managing the now defunct company) told me he had no idea they were even selling on Steam, much less who was getting paid for the sales. He told me he needed to get that sorted out and he'd get back to me as soon as he did.

A week later the game had that one day flash sale on Steam and I haven't heard back from them since.

Lol, we have a large automated system. Sometimes it breaks :(.

Cheers,
Tony
The lawyer is pocketing from all the steam sales, or he is silenced by the one pulling the strings. :cold:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back