Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
It came up as that price in the search, but not on the page :(. Thanks for the heads up anyways
No problem. I managed to purchase it at that price, hopefully others did as well.

EDIT: Looks like Tebowdragon grabbed it too. Good work! :)

wow did u know that i was nevr bot u just assume it if u were in the elite cag with me mindlink sunasun mysterd pasports idiot spoderman cheaplikeafox eldrepe mns neuro u would know this
The Elite CAG? Hmm, that's got a nice ring to it...

Might be a price glitch, but Steam has Dishonored GOTY for 92% off (3.19). Go Go Go!
I think it's a little more certain to be a glitch than "might" ;)

Wth? I finally managed to find where that balance is checked and apparently I have ....

SOFTWARE/
VIDEO GAMES
$2,324.44

Ok, I never spent $2,3k on amazon, let alone for software or video games, nor I can figure out what is this and I can't use it, either. So what the heck is that balance, anyone knows?

Wth? I finally managed to find where that balance is checked and apparently I have ....

SOFTWARE/
VIDEO GAMES
$2,324.44

Ok, I never spent $2,3k on amazon, let alone for software or video games, nor I can figure out what is this and I can't use it, either. So what the heck is that balance, anyone knows?
Typically, it has been comprised of F2P promo/credits.

Any chance of getting a PM on Tropico 4: Apocalypse DLC?  Also any idea why Tropico : The Academy isn't available at Amazon?  Thanks.

Typically, it has been comprised of F2P promo/credits.
Well I'm sure it's not all of that active, I have purchased 3-4 items for about $8 + PS+ for $30 from amazon so far, even though I am considering more things. How could I get $2k credit it's largely unknown to me.

A7zgE2S.png

Still no way to check what this is for? I have zero clue.
Contact support and they will tell you exactly what they're for.

Earlier this year when the indie store launched, there was a promotion where you'd get 3 free games when buying something. I wracked up a LOT of credit for games like The Maw, Curse of Nordic Cove, and Huntsman The Orphanage (there were other titles too). Its very possible some of that is what its from. Google "3 free indie games Amazon" and you should be able to find a list of the games that were on offer and just add one of them to your cart and you'll see if it applies to that. I was wondering the same until I contacted support and sure enough I had a bunch free Maws and Foreign Legion and some of those other titles. Guns of Icarus online was another one that I had a crapload of free copies.

SOFTWARE/
VIDEO GAMES
$2,324.44

See my post above. Contact support and they will be able to tell you, or try what I suggested above this post.

i.e.

9pw6zt.jpg

lol

Tony, 

Not a PCDD but...

Thanks for dropping the price on God of War Saga and Journey Collector's edition (PS3)

Well I'm sure it's not all of that active, I have purchased 3-4 items for about $8 + PS+ for $30 from amazon so far, even though I am considering more things. How could I get $2k credit it's largely unknown to me.
Can you PM me an order id for anything you've purchased from us? Thank :).

Cheers,
Tony

Went to buy Saints Row IV for $15 and it applied a forgotten discount to make it $10. No idea what that discount was but... SCORE! :whee:
I added SRIV to my cart to see if I got this as well and turns out I get the discount. I don't know how or where it came from but I must agree... SCORE! :whee:

I did buy the Saints Row 3 Full Package in last years Editor's Choice sale for $2.50 after a $5 credit. Maybe its for buying SR3?

I added SRIV to my cart to see if I got this as well and turns out I get the discount. I don't know how or where it came from but I must agree... SCORE! :whee:

I did buy the Saints Row 3 Full Package in last years Editor's Choice sale for $2.50 after a $5 credit. Maybe its for buying SR3?
I also had SRTT through Amazon and I remember when when SR4 launched they advertised getting $5 off if you had SRTT so I assume that's it. I would have expected that deal to be long over but I guess they just applied the credit "permanently" to my account.

I tried another copy out of curiosity and it was $15 again so it was a one time event/credit for me.

I also had SRTT through Amazon and I remember when when SR4 launched they advertised getting $5 off if you had SRTT so I assume that's it. I would have expected that deal to be long over but I guess they just applied the credit "permanently" to my account.

I tried another copy out of curiosity and it was $15 again so it was a one time event/credit for me.
I think credits good for a year, maybe some lucky will get it free during next summer seal. :D

To bad I already have SRIV probably have the mystery credit also.

If only amazon had the season pass and the credit applied to that.

How important is the Dishonored DLC?  I want to get Dishonored but the GF price is more than I want to spend and if I buy the plain I most likely will never buy the DLC.  Should I just wait for a better price on GotY?

While I'm posting can we get a 75% on Cursed Mountain and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and 50% on Burnout Paradise vehicle pack DLC :)

Thanks!

I know I am late to this party, so I apologize for the stupid question.

Do I get $5 credit for the January 2013 specials for EACH purchase?  
So far I have purchased:
Sly Cooper Digital 
Playstation Plus Card
Alibi in Ashes (For my girl, I promise...) 
Dishonored...  

So I'm happy enough with the BF results so far. The only game I wanted but couldn't get on sale was Heart of the Swarm. I would have tried to submit a PM for it to the 9.99 MS has it for, but there's not an Amazon listing for the product, just a marketplace, looks like. I don't think they PM. A bit bummed about that, tbh.

The prices and matching should have been a lot faster and automated. There were so many deals that were known ahead of time elsewhere that Amazon lost sales on due to not handling correctly. I ordered PS+, KH 1.5, and Tales of Xillia from Gamestop because I didn't want to go to sleep, miss the PM, and then have Amazon's stock sold out before I woke up to make the purchase. All those deals were known over a month ago, and should not have required a PM request when Amazon's BF started; they should have kicked off at midnight.

Otherwise...though I despise the lightning deals approach, it makes sense if Amazon just wasn't able to secure sufficient quantities to list it normally. I think the lightning deals piss people off way less than for them to run out of copies of something early on. The lack of transparency on what the prices would be was also frustrating; there's nothing quite as annoying as trying to plan your purchases, seeing that Amazon is going to have a lightning deal, then that deal turning out to be a complete dud. I guess it's to drive sales because people don't have enough time to actually research deals to find out the best place to buy, but I just found it to be extremely annoying.

So...not too happy with Amazon's handling of BF. Things worked out well enough for my purchases overall, but it was in spite of Amazon, not because of it. 

(This is completely excluding PCDD, btw--which was pretty amazing and you did a good job with, Tony. I'm just disappointed otherwise in areas that you probably don't have any influence in. But you're here, and I'm here, so there it is. :) )

I know I am late to this party, so I apologize for the stupid question.

Do I get $5 credit for the January 2013 specials for EACH purchase?
So far I have purchased:
Sly Cooper Digital
Playstation Plus Card
Alibi in Ashes (For my girl, I promise...)
Dishonored...
Yep. Well, not sure about the PS+--but you get a $5 Amazon INstant Video credit for that one.

While I am blowing this thread up... the last 2 orders are showing up in my "recent orders" but they both timed out... and I did not receive an email confirming the order...  

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back