Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Tony can you pricematch Gamestops sale of Castlevania: Lords of Shaodw - Ultimate Edition:
http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-ultimate-edition/111446?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-TsigB_gCjMJWuHuDTDgoAg
for $9.99

Yours is listed at $14.99:
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition [Online Game Code]

I would prefer to buy @ Amazon, too. I have more AMZN credit than PP. Help us CAGs out, for the 40millionth time (give or take).

Hey Tony!

Just activated my saints row 4 on my son's steam account. Any help to put it on my account from amazon?
Unless Amazon is gonna be generous and give you a free copy your likely screwed.

I can tell you now that Steam is HIGHLY unlikely to help you here as they do not transfer games from one account to another.

As Drabelincoln you might just have to buy another copy for you account

Unless Amazon is gonna be generous and give you a free copy your likely screwed.

I can tell you now that Steam is HIGHLY unlikely to help you here as they do not transfer games from one account to another.

I have heard that someone has succesfully got steam to move a game to another account. But one possible workaround: Family Sharing.

Just noticed Dishonored Brigmore Witches DLC is $6.69 (same as on Gamefly - theirs is region restricted - anyone tried Amazon's?)
I think Steam's earlier Dishonored price-glitch has made us say "Glitchy-cheap or bust" on Dishonored game, DLC, and GOTY Ed deals - hehe. :p

I have heard that someone has succesfully got steam to move a game to another account. But one possible workaround: Family Sharing.

I'm sure someone has gotten lucky .. but it's against the terms you agree too.

I have an old account with HL2 on it from when it was released back in the day.

I all the proof I needed that it was mine. Receipt, box, discs, manuals even those registration cards.

Took a pic of it all and they still said no.

Guess it really doesn't hurt to try though.

How important is the Dishonored DLC? I want to get Dishonored but the GF price is more than I want to spend and if I buy the plain I most likely will never buy the DLC. Should I just wait for a better price on GotY?

While I'm posting can we get a 75% on Cursed Mountain and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and 50% on Burnout Paradise vehicle pack DLC :)

Thanks!
The challenge pack is pretty cool and offers a lot of unique scenarios you wouldn't come across in the main game, the void walkers arsenal adds some extra inventory slots and a few special bone charms which can really help and the two campaign DLC's offer an entirely new campaign where you play as one of the enemies and experience his side of the story, it's worth it for the length and adds a fee new things to the gameplay.

One friend of mine was logged in his brother's account instead of his, activated a game (gift) in the wrong account, as a courtesy they removed the game from the wrong account and gave him the gift again to activate on his account. But I'm not sure they would do the same in the case of CDKEYs.

I'd like to buy that Castlevania if it were PMd.

I've never played a HL game...it must be dated at this point, but they're pretty cheap...should I pull that trigger or will I be wasting my money?

Edit: Some awesome guy in another forum gifted me HL and ep1. Just bought ep2, couldn't resist from that point. I see some old game gaming in my near future. :)

HL2 was ahead of its time when it came out so playing it now you'd be right on time.  I'm going to be playing HL3 with the Oculus Rift, the Steam controller, and some form of electrical feedback that shocks me when I've been hit in the game.  Prediction made!

Personally I'm waiting until Castlevania hits $5 :)  I'm a huge Castlevania fan (played all NES, SNES, PS, GBA/DS, PSP versions... even played both PS2 3D games haha), but I'm not sure if this game seems worth $15.  If Amazon price matches Gamestop though, I would probably consider it for $10 cuz it would go to my "immediate backlog" with Wolf Among Us and Metro 2033/Last Light that I'd hope to play by the end of the year.  I'm thinking it will probably drop lower once the sequel comes out. 

I want castlevania, but I can't spend much on it because I already paid $50 on the PS3 version and then only played a couple of hours. I don't think I can bite on any discount lower than 75%.

bought a bundle for Blades of Time turn out already owned it -.-  so sharing few the other games kept the ufo game only from the bundle

Blades of Time Limited Edition
Steam Key:
B5F7X-L7P6R-5A7LY

Razor2: Hidden Skies
Steam Key:
5FAWD-GBRHI-I2J4W

Hydrophobia Prophecy
Steam Key:
DZ9M6-5GLNT-4E8NW

Race Injection
Steam Key:
VYDL6-ZZ5V7-IKFGB

Warfare
Steam Key:
9ZXDP-2I08Y-BERD2

Puzzle Kingdoms
Steam Key:
GALFH-0VWB5-3WWXL

Gumboy Tournament
Steam Key:
QXDLM-DV0CX-Z3PQF

Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold
Steam Key:
ZPN9Q-6TVDZ-RHK03

bought a bundle for Blades of Time turn out already owned it -.- so sharing few the other games kept the ufo game only from the bundle

Steam Key:
B5F7X-L7P6R-5A7LY

Steam Key:
5FAWD-GBRHI-I2J4W

Hydrophobia Prophecy
Steam Key:
DZ9M6-5GLNT-4E8NW

Race Injection
Steam Key:
VYDL6-ZZ5V7-IKFGB

Warfare
Steam Key:
9ZXDP-2I08Y-BERD2

Puzzle Kingdoms
Steam Key:
GALFH-0VWB5-3WWXL

Gumboy Tournament
Steam Key:
QXDLM-DV0CX-Z3PQF

Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold
Steam Key:
ZPN9Q-6TVDZ-RHK03
Thanks, I took Supreme Ruler and Warfare.

bought a bundle for Blades of Time turn out already owned it -.- so sharing few the other games kept the ufo game only from the bundle
Steam Key:
B5F7X-L7P6R-5A7LY

Steam Key:
5FAWD-GBRHI-I2J4W

Hydrophobia Prophecy
Steam Key:
DZ9M6-5GLNT-4E8NW

Race Injection
Steam Key:
VYDL6-ZZ5V7-IKFGB

Warfare
Steam Key:
9ZXDP-2I08Y-BERD2

Puzzle Kingdoms
Steam Key:
GALFH-0VWB5-3WWXL

Gumboy Tournament
Steam Key:
QXDLM-DV0CX-Z3PQF

Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold
Steam Key:
ZPN9Q-6TVDZ-RHK03

Damn wish I was on my computer so I could get blades of time. Wish I could add games from a browse

Steam Key:
B5F7X-L7P6R-5A7LY

Steam Key:
5FAWD-GBRHI-I2J4W

Hydrophobia Prophecy
Steam Key:
DZ9M6-5GLNT-4E8NW

Race Injection
Steam Key:
VYDL6-ZZ5V7-IKFGB

Warfare
Steam Key:
9ZXDP-2I08Y-BERD2

Puzzle Kingdoms
Steam Key:
GALFH-0VWB5-3WWXL

Gumboy Tournament
Steam Key:
QXDLM-DV0CX-Z3PQF

Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold
Steam Key:
ZPN9Q-6TVDZ-RHK03
Puzzle Kingdom lurked. Thanks anyway!

I took Gumboy Tournament and Razor2, Thanks Jimmywolf!

Passing a space key along for someone...

Reign: Conflict of Nations - 7PWQB-YW7BN-W08IM

Played Castlevania LoS demo. Is not a Castlevania game. Is not bad, but it doesn't feel like a proper Castlevania game. I hope they'll go back to the basics someday: good sidescrolling platform, good music... maybe a remastered classics collection. 

I watched some Castle of Illusion videos... and it is on my wishlist since then. Can't something like that be done with, let's say, Castlevania 4? It is so difficult?. I'll make it even easier: add all the classic sidescrolling castlevanias (including SotN, of course!) into a pack, give it HD "enhacements" (if possible) and nothing more... and put it on Steam... I'll preorder that.

Are we getting emails about the 2013-2014 Editor's Choice $5 credits as we buy games now, or only when the EC list comes out in January?

wats a PA3
pa sports yo it his system didnt you know pa owes solid snake

Auto correct :(
from what yo

I'd prefer games not to strike me at all, I imagine that would hurt quite a bit.
u prefer food nuts to hit me with hheeh it hurts man why u pickc on me ur nuts are realy hard stop storing hard nuts instead weak nuts my body espicaly my ass but it more aj spanking me than you tho

Are we getting emails about the 2013-2014 Editor's Choice $5 credits as we buy games now, or only when the EC list comes out in January?
no tony said few pages back the credit will go all at once

Does Amazon price match itself with digital versions/codes? GTAV (PS3) is currently $34 but the digital version is $54.

Sometimes, not always.

Physical and digital are handled separately.
Thanks.

After looking at the "lower price" form at Amazon there is no way to specify the version; and the link/url that I copy always sends to the physical version. So I guess only Tony can tell for sure if it can be done in this specific case.

Tony, will Amazon's Digital side also be running something (even if it's pricematching) around the same time as Steam's Dec. sale, or can you say? or are the EC coupons suppose to fill that void? I don't remember exactly how this went down last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back