Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Far cry 3 deluxe has at least a few missions, and then a few new animal species and I think one or two weapons. I think I paid $4-5 extra for deluxe and didn't regret it.

Tomb Raider is GREAT. Far better than any prior instalment, I wouldn't change a thing going forward.

Be that as it may, no one is going to say "This game only sold half as well as we hoped. I know, let's return to the model that only sold 25% as well as TR2013!"
Well, the reboot has only sold half as many copies as the original... Its likely the 4th best selling in the series but might only be the 5th best.

There is a reason why SE found the sales to be lacking.

Well, the reboot has only sold half as many copies as the original... Its likely the 4th best selling in the series but might only be the 5th best.

There is a reason why SE found the sales to be lacking.
Square Enix found the sales lacking on Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, and Hitman: Absolution, despite good to great critical reception and millions of sales, because their expectations and sales goals were out of touch with reality. Really. In a relatively depressed market, who looks at sales of over a million in the first 48 hours and says, "That's a failure."?

Tony, is there any reason why we can't put digital games on our wishlist?
No shopping cart function = no wishlist.

Tony, is there any reason why we can't put digital games on our wishlist?
Square Enix found the sales lacking on Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, and Hitman: Absolution, despite good to great critical reception and millions of sales, because their expectations and sales goals were out of touch with reality. Really. In a relatively depressed market, who looks at sales of over a million in the first 48 hours and says, "That's a failure."?

No shopping cart function = no wishlist.
This and not being able to buy more than one at a time were brought up regularly last year at this time as well. I believe Tony said something along the lines of it taking 6 months or so for turn around time (don't quote me, but it wasn't a full year or more) for features to be implemented from the backend stage. I would hope that they are working on it, as they have made significant strides in being the go to place for digital video game purchases. This as Steam has faltered and regressed quite a bit over the past year (the current Autumn Sale being disappointing across the board for the vast majority of people, and the signs started showing during the last Summer Sale). It's a minor inconvenience still, but if Amazon/Tony keep doing this good it will become a major one as they sell more. It's mostly a major %$&!@ when DLC is on sale, and you have to buy 10 things separately. But it still would be nice if Amazon could get on par with 1995 internet technology. (again, I love what Tony is doing, and know these things art largely out of his control, but it has been a year people, and shopping carts have been around since the Prodigy/AOL days).

The ability to add a game to my cart, and have my cart update me with price changes, as it does with everything else at Amazon, would increase Amazon's chances of me biting on something.

The base game: yes. The deluxe edition: no.
Heads up for people who may have bought the regular edition on Amazon last weekend and now want the deluxe edition. You can upgrade to the deluxe edition for $2.50 on Steam, which effectively matches the price in total.

Heads up for people who may have bought the regular edition on Amazon last weekend and now want the deluxe edition. You can upgrade to the deluxe edition for $2.50 on Steam, which effectively matches the price in total.

Can you give a link to the upgrade? I'm not seeing it.

Thanks for reply guys.  We actually use the amazon wishlist for doing holiday shopping in our family.  I do know steam has wishlist feature so I  guess I can check there for those I know who have it and play games on pc.

I understand the following:

"From now through December 31, 2013, purchase anything from the Digital Games Store and get a $5 promotional credit to spend in the month of January on our Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013 (Editor's Choice titles will be selected in the coming weeks). Customers who qualify for this promotional credit will receive the notification e-mail on or within 48 hours after January 3, 2014. Please remember: Holiday promotional credits given out for Digital Games purchases cannot be redeemed until January, 2014. "

hghj

But when did this start? When is "from now"?

"From now through December 31, 2013, purchase anything from the Digital Games Store and get a $5 promotional credit to spend in the month of January on our Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013 (Editor's Choice titles will be selected in the coming weeks). Customers who qualify for this promotional credit will receive the notification e-mail on or within 48 hours after January 3, 2014. Please remember: Holiday promotional credits given out for Digital Games purchases cannot be redeemed until January, 2014. "

The beginning of the sale period.

if u havent buy fc3 buy the regular then the upgrade u save a ccent hhee just so u know

if u havent buy fc3 buy the regular then the upgrade u save a ccent hhee just so u know
Pennies matter, you know - especially if BestBuy ever puts Metro: LL up for 1 penny again...

...Or "Junks out" or "glitches" for any other game for that matter. ;)

hghj

Doesn't matter, they will run out of keys to any of the EC games that anybody would really want and promise more, but the supplier will be delayed in Iceland/Artic Circle/North Korea and the keys won't arrive until after the 1C complete collection gets programmed for sale....takes a breathe.....good luck and I hope you guys with credits get great deals.

Tony, since Farcry 3 is on a daily sale for 9.99, can this be price matched please?

thank you
i'm hoping that gets price matched as well, for clarification that's the deluxe version. i'm not sure what the conditions are for price matches but price matches for daily sales seems spotty or really late. i'm hoping amazon matches but if not i'll just get it at steam at the final hour.

Tony, since Farcry 3 is on a daily sale for 9.99, can this be price matched please?

thank you
i'm hoping that gets price matched as well, for clarification that's the deluxe version. i'm not sure what the conditions are for price matches but price matches for daily sales seems spotty or really late. i'm hoping amazon matches but if not i'll just get it at steam at the final hour.
If they match it soon, I'll probably pick up the Deluxe Edition. Otherwise I'll just wait for January (I can't help but think it'll be part of the EC list.)

Doesn't matter, they will run out of keys to any of the EC games that anybody would really want and promise more, but the supplier will be delayed in Iceland/Artic Circle/North Korea and the keys won't arrive until after the 1C complete collection gets programmed for sale....takes a breathe.....good luck and I hope you guys with credits get great deals.
Don't even remember that happening in the past few EC promos except maybe something like Hotline Miami they inadvertently gave away free.

Is it worth it though? I heard they didn't change much from the previous iteration. Maybe I'm wrong.
I almost bought it. its the ps3/xbox360 port not the ps4/xbox1 version which is supposed to be an improved/better game.

From what I can tell the pc/360/ps3 version is literally updated rosters/players from 2k13.

Is it worth it though? I heard they didn't change much from the previous iteration. Maybe I'm wrong.
For me, its not worth it for the full price if you already have 2k13. But for $10, I grabbed it.

2k14 is just a patched version of 2k13 with improved animation specially inside the paint. And a better ai in regards to playcall and pick and roll.

I only play it for association mode though. So I cant comment for my player/my career mode.

I wasn't around for the editors choice titles of 2012, so tell me fellow cags, should I make a few last minute purchases in preparation of oncoming deals? My understanding is that I receive one "$5 off" for every game bought during the current sale, and have so far made 4 purchases. Will the coming sale be worth a damn at all, should I even bother rooting through the current sale for any small thing I may have missed? (RIPD comes to mind ;) ).

far cry 3 base game has been price matched again at amazon $7.50 so decided to get that and bought the upgrade to deluxe at steam.  weird that they just couldn't just offer deluxe at $10 but in the end got what i wanted.

I wasn't around for the editors choice titles of 2012, so tell me fellow cags, should I make a few last minute purchases in preparation of oncoming deals? My understanding is that I receive one "$5 off" for every game bought during the current sale, and have so far made 4 purchases. Will the coming sale be worth a damn at all, should I even bother rooting through the current sale for any small thing I may have missed? (RIPD comes to mind ;) ).
You have till the end of the year to make your purchases for EC credit. And don't get RIPD, you're better off with God Mode.

Probably, but I'd expect the base game to be $7.50 (or even at $10 it'd still be cheaper than a price match.)
Don't feel pressured, to be sure Amazon will match the daily deals to come in a few weeks with Steam's Winter Sale. Plus, having 4 for yourself already is a good holding point. Many of us here helped out others in the thread buying what they wanted with our extra credit (of which there were many) and being reimbursed via PayPal or some such. There wasn't any extra fees involved, just helping other CAGs. You should be good to go, unless Amazon really ups their game this year and catches us all off guard. But I remember there being a great need for those EC credits simply because a lot of people don't become aware of the Editor's Choice List until it's published on Amazon's site, and by that time it's too late to gain credits, so people cry out for anyone with extras. I don't see much more advertising than last year (we only know about it because we are in a thread on a forum being told by Amazon themselves). So there's sure to be the same fever for EC credits there was last year. Truth be told, a lot of the deals are repeats for the regulars here (going by last year). I used my last 14 EC credits last year to buy free (due to a glitch) Hotline Miami's for people on my friend's list that didn't have it.

Also, be aware that the EC list was constantly added to last year as an on going thing. If I recall correctly it maxed out around 14 games, but then fluctuated back down as some deals were removed, so the first list to hit won't be all that's available. And sometimes the MAC version of a game is cheaper, but if it's SteamPlay, the code will activate both PC and MAC versions in Steam.

I think I already have all I'm going to get from Amazon during this sale. Although there are a number of other games I'm planning to get from Steam within the next 24 hours. It'll depend on what tomorrow's deals are. (So I guess I'll be up to watch the deals flip there.)

I did get more than I was planning though. I just hope there's nothing more I want during the Winter sale.

PS4 + big game sales in one month... my budget totally blown. And I haven't even started Christmas shopping for family yet.. I have no idea what to get for anyone. 

It's going to take some time for my wallet to recover. Hopefully before April.. although that's tax season, so that'll be another pain in the donkey.

Don't feel pressured, to be sure Amazon will match the daily deals to come in a few weeks with Steam's Winter Sale.
I'm not so sure about matching Steam: it looks like it's going to start on the 4th of Jan this time around*, and the Steam sale is supposed to end on the 3rd.

*I guess the 4th because the credit message says that you'll receive the notification "within 48 hours after January 3, 2014."

I'm not so sure about matching Steam: it looks like it's going to start on the 4th of Jan this time around*, and the Steam sale is supposed to end on the 3rd.

*I guess the 4th because the credit message says that you'll receive the notification "within 48 hours after January 3, 2014."
Right, but that still let's them match the Steam dailies during Steams' sale, equating to more credits. That is what I was referring to, not them matching the EC list to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back