Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
There's not a policy, just a bunch of stuff we look at when evaluating price matches (and we do evaluate almost all of them). I spent about 10 minutes trying to go into greater detail without sharing proprietary information, I'll continue to chew on how to do so.
Well...I could say that it's likely to do with metrics regarding amount of sales recorded from the price match to any given sites sales, combined with how many people have used the "Tell us about a lower price..." function in regard to sale, and you can tell us what you're getting Paddington for the holidays if it's anywhere close. ;)

Tony, talking about bundles, the Microsoft Indie Bundle will be live again for this season? Or maybe a new MS Bundle with Stay of Decay + Ms Espolsion Man + Dust: An Elysian Tail + The Harvest ? :p

Also a couple hours ago, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for x360 was on sale @ $9.99, did you know anything about the same deal for the PS3?

thx!

If y'all still looking for sub 1.50 stuff - I didn't see some of these mentioned in the spreadsheet:

• Legendary $1.24
  • Blacklight Tango Down $1.24
  • Section 8 $1.70 (if you can splurge over 1.50)
  • Trine $.99 (just started playing this - really like it - better with a controller)
  • Ceaser III $1.49 (I've probably bought this in every possible format available)
  • Vanguard Princess $.99 (not my cup of whatever but hell it's cheap)
  • And of course the Garshasp twins twins - $1.25 a pop w/steam keys

anything else worthwhile?

If y'all still looking for sub 1.50 stuff - I didn't see some of these mentioned in the spreadsheet:

• Legendary $1.24
  • Trine $.99 (just started playing this - really like it - better with a controller)
  • Ceaser III $1.49 (I've probably bought this in every possible format available)

It's not Amazon, but Steam has the Frozenbyte Collection for 5.24. Includes Trine 1, Trine 2 Complete Story, Shadowgrounds, and Shadowgrounds: Survivor. Or just Trine Complete for 4.99 (extra quarter for 2 more games seems the better deal to me, though.)

Tony did anyone ask about price match for farcry 3 deluxe for $9.99 or Dust: an esysian tale for $3.74?

only went back a couple of pages, did not think it would hurt to ask

thank you

• Legendary $1.24

This is like a who's who of "games nobody care's about and suck plus trine"

and caesar 3

but who wants to play a game about a guy named after a salad

• Legendary $1.24

You forgot Rogue Trooper. It's one of the cheapest non-bundled Steam games that people may want.

you've been slackin in giving away free stuff. do your job!
Ha ha ha. I've already given out all of my games, so now I need to build up my list for 2014. :p

Legends of Dawn 2AF92-RVWH3-5BWXG
PID 28KCM-EQTJL-F7F8B
XOTIC 0C4AJ-G9D94-RTILF
Power of Defense 3JBJN-CPWIL-W0IMP

Yep, the Steam version will be on sale too!
Oh heck yeah! I'll probably buy two copies then. I've enjoyed the game so far on PS4, so it'll be nice to play on PC as well.

Tony did anyone ask about price match for farcry 3 deluxe for $9.99 or Dust: an esysian tale for $3.74?

thank you
i'm interested in these two as well. Would prefer to purchase on amazon.

• Legendary $1.24

I assume getting cheap ones still gives you a promo coupon for EC later?

How did I not see that on sale.

TONY, STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND GET MORE KEYS IMMEDIATELY.

It doesn't seem to be available to purchase, unless it's because I'm viewing the site on a mobile device? I don't know if that's a thing, I just don't see a buy or add to cart button.

It doesn't seem to be available to purchase, unless it's because I'm viewing the site on a mobile device? I don't know if that's a thing, I just don't see a buy or add to cart button.
It says the same thing for me, I thought it was due to them not having anymore keys.. but maybe it's an error. I don't know.

Yeah was just wondering... since Blacklight Tango Down is pretty much dead (heck i cant even find it on Steam) - Blacklight Retribution its successor is pretty good :)..hmmm.....
Always wondered why, but Blacklight Tango Down is one of those heavily region restricted games at least when buying from Steam directly. Steam sells it only in the following countries: US CA AT BE DK FI FR DE IE IT NL NO PT ES SE CH UK GB IM

The keys from Amazon should work worldwide though, I bought 2 4-packs last year and could give the spare copies away without any issues.

One reason to still play it might be that it does include a small single-player/coop part with 4 missions.

Did Tony ever explain
6lA3hblkAz2ec0UBrCywp7WN8Kxu4.jpg

?

(what happened to that price-less PES sale)

Always wondered why, but Blacklight Tango Down is one of those heavily region restricted games at least when buying from Steam directly. Steam sells it only in the following countries: US CA AT BE DK FI FR DE IE IT NL NO PT ES SE CH UK GB IM
Wasn't it GfWL, and Xbox Live stuff is only permitted to work in a small number of countries?

I'm guessing it'd be a Namco Bandai bundle? If that's the case.. bundle it with Enslaved for $8.73 and I'll buy it ;)
A $3-$4 Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ would be nice. Namco would surely agree since they're selling it for that price on their site right now.

You forgot Rogue Trooper. It's one of the cheapest non-bundled Steam games that people may want.
Picked that one up this weekend. It's definitely one of the cheaper games that doesn't receive universal hate.

Ha ha ha. I've already given out all of my games, so now I need to build up my list for 2014. :p

Legends of Dawn 2AF92-RVWH3-5BWXG
PID 28KCM-EQTJL-F7F8B
XOTIC 0C4AJ-G9D94-RTILF
Power of Defense 3JBJN-CPWIL-W0IMP

Oh heck yeah! I'll probably buy two copies then. I've enjoyed the game so far on PS4, so it'll be nice to play on PC as well.
Dammit - I missed out on Legends of Dawn.

Oh well.

I'd definitely want the AYCE. I know Amazon had it on sale over the weekend but not as low as Gamestop (surprising) or Namco's own site.
I'd definitely pick it* up for $3.75 or less, too.

*It is PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+ All You Can Eat Edition for anyone scanning these posts.

Amazon DVG Deals said:
There is a chance, we've suggested it as a December Holiday Deal but I have no confirmation yet. I'm actually trying to get it in a bundle too.

Cheers,
Tony
Tony any chance you can have this on Amazon for like $5

I think somewhere around here I may have dropped a code or two which I accidentally redeemed myself. So now I'm getting a ton of emails from Steam of someone trying to retrieve a "lost" account.

Please stop. :)

I think somewhere around here I may have dropped a code or two which I accidentally redeemed myself. So now I'm getting a ton of emails from Steam of someone trying to retrieve a "lost" account.

Please stop. :)
This exactly why I am scared of dropping keys randomly.

Sorry LN

So I've got quite a few duplicate duplicates I need to get rid of. Anyone wants these (some of which are mine, some from LN, and some from Slainviper who also asked me to give his keys away):

• Lucius
  • Luxor Mahjong
  • Little Farm
  • Crusader Kings 2 Went to WakYasuk
  • Red Faction Armageddon
  • eXceed 1/2/3 (Desura)
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited Went to Voken
  • Lightfish Went to iSierra
  • Multiwinia
Quote this post and shoot me a PM with the answer to this riddle, or sit around and wait for anything not claimed to be dropped, your call. 

A group of travelers are an hour away from their destination. Twelve people are divided into two cars (that each seat six people), but one of the cars just broke down, leaving only one vehicle for the rest of the trip.
Using just the one car to drive back and forth, how many hours will it take to get everyone to the destination?

Oh, and here's some random F2P stuff for the lurkers. I don't know what any of it is for, but maybe someone can make use of it:
[customspoiler="F2P Freebies"]
Crazy Fairies - 24c8730d548847c880972f4c1c663e3d
Big Head Bash -N-2LM4-JM74-X2FC
March of War - 98F-M32-X2B
Iron Grip Marauders - 558-6YA-Y94
[/customspoiler]

Little Farm
Woah, a game I've never heard of before! Although, doesn't seem like one I'd be dying to play, especially not with my latest haul of games from the Thanksgiving sale. And despite how my Steam library appears, I don't collect games just to collect them. (Or so I tell myself)

Woah, a game I've never heard of before! Although, doesn't seem like one I'd be dying to play, especially not with my latest haul of games from the Thanksgiving sale. And despite how my Steam library appears, I don't collect games just to collect them. (Or so I tell myself)
You are more than welcome to a copy of it, I've got four to give away ;)

AC4 29.99 Live now. Steam only though

this is my game of the year. I suggest gold edition, lots of extra cool shit. FYI as of now gold/deluxe is the only way to get the Aveline content.

this is my game of the year. I suggest gold edition, lots of extra cool shit. FYI as of now gold/deluxe is the only way to get the Aveline content.
Yeah but 79.99? . Pay for AC4 (from amazon) 29.95 + 19.95 season pass = 49.90 + *hopefully* Aveline DLC sometime in future (and other crap that wont come with the gold edition) = less than cost of the gold edition (right now) ?

thank you
Also would appreciate a pricematch for Dust - An Elysian Tail for $3.74 on Steam - price is unfortunately up to $14.99 on Amazon now. Really a great game. Thx.

Hey tony, i know among the chaos of this last weekend was nuts things happened and i have of out of left field request. I recently got into Guild Wars 2, solid game love the World vs World server stuff. Now with that said, it being a sequel i feel like i missed out on a good chunk of lore.

What i am getting at is if you could push the possibility of Guild Wars 1 + the DLC's being on sale. The complete collection is scattered and hard to find. Yes i know it's on steam, but the price isn't right its so damn wrong. They don't have to be one key or steam keys, i know your a fan of bundling stuff up.

I know it's a project, but considering you worked on that PSN store stuff for about 1.5 years maybe you enjoy a puzzle. Your the amazon "House" minus the drugs, rehab and blaming lupus on everything. Thanks again for the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back