Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this'll work online too.

I really just want the black one as I can't stand giving wear and tear on those special edition ones.

Especially the Zelda one. I'd want to collect it too badly lol.

Have any of you seen the Zelda in stock at Target anywhere anymore? I've only checked one near me and they just have the Mario bundle there. Might just be my own feelings, but it seems like most Targets probably don't have any left. I might go in during the week to check, but I really doubt I'll find one.

The inventory checker for me lists 2/20 stores with the Zelda bundle, but I doubt they have them. Plus they are kind of far.

Okay - FC3 Deluxe (UPlay-version) [bought it here from Amazon DVG], the serial key will NOT activate the extra content & soundtrack like it supposed to, in which this link says it should.

Soundtrack ans extras ain't showing in FC3 folder or anything.

Anyone get this nonsense to work?

Have any of you seen the Zelda in stock at Target anywhere anymore? I've only checked one near me and they just have the Mario bundle there. Might just be my own feelings, but it seems like most Targets probably don't have any left. I might go in during the week to check, but I really doubt I'll find one.

The inventory checker for me lists 2/20 stores with the Zelda bundle, but I doubt they have them. Plus they are kind of far.
My local Target actually still has two in stock, so there could be a slim chance.

Okay - FC3 Deluxe (UPlay-version) [bought it here from Amazon DVG], the serial key will NOT activate the extra content & soundtrack like it supposed to, in which this link says it should.

Soundtrack ans extras ain't showing in FC3 folder or anything.

Anyone get this nonsense to work?
My Steam copy that was given to me was from Amazon, which I then bought the upgrade to on steam, works flawlessly

2 layers of DRM FTW

My Steam copy that was given to me was from Amazon, which I then bought the upgrade to on steam, works flawlessly

2 layers of DRM FTW
If you're like me and have Steam always running anyway it's really only a convenience to have the Steam version, either way it will start up Uplay. And it's tons better letting Steam handle the downloading/updating.

Hope the $150 3DS XL deal includes the Mario & Luigi version - getting it for $180 on release week at Walmart was great, but getting it Ad Matched $30 cheaper is even better....

Could you buy the 3DS at Walmart this week with the gift card and then price match this ad to get another $50 off?
I was looking into that too, but the fine print on WM's Ad Match policy for the Christmas season reads "excludes...offers with gift cards." http://www.walmart.com/cp/Christmas-Ad-Match/1159720

I think it will depend on your receipt - for next week's ad they could charge you $159.96 and a $40 GC to make it $199.96. If that's the case, maybe you'll be able to get $10 off to match Target's price for the system the week after. Otherwise if you're charged $199.96 for the 3DSXL and the GC is a seperate complementary charge, you could make the case for the extra $50 drop, but thanks to the fine print you might get shot down.

2 layers of DRM FTW
That still doesn't answer my question pertaining to the UPlay-version.

So, anyone else w/ the UPlay-only Version of Far Cry 3 Deluxe here got an answer...?

EDIT:

If you're like me and have Steam always running anyway it's really only a convenience to have the Steam version, either way it will start up Uplay. And it's tons better letting Steam handle the downloading/updating.
Yes, I always run Steam in the background - and XFire + Raptr, for that matter.

No, I don't want TWO layers of DRM forced to be running and wrapped around the game's EXE file (Steam + UPlay), if I can get around that nonsense.

And, the problem here is w/in UPlay - and it seems to be a common issue, even in Steam-version as evident here & there - where the same nonsense can happen.

One thing that's not listed in the OP is the Elite Pulse headset for $125, and in the Gamer Magazine, there's a coupon for $30 off, making it $95

edit: doh, the coupon might be for the older headset , not the elit. im not sure

So many 3ds xl deals. I'm really starting to regret buying the Zelda 3ds xl from best buy for $200.
But if you're enjoying the game and like the system, then it's worth it. I'm in the same boat, but one thing that tempted me to get the Zelda 3DS unit is that the special edition Zelda systems usually retain more value than their standard edition counterparts. Not that I'd ever sell it...

But if you're enjoying the game and like the system, then it's worth it. I'm in the same boat, but one thing that tempted me to get the Zelda 3DS unit is that the special edition Zelda systems usually retain more value than their standard edition counterparts. Not that I'd ever sell it...
That's what I'm telling myself, that it will retain it's value longer. I also probably wouldn't get rid of it, unless there is a Zelda edition of the next 3ds iteration.

One thing that's not listed in the OP is the Elite Pulse headset for $125, and in the Gamer Magazine, there's a coupon for $30 off, making it $95

edit: doh, the coupon might be for the older headset , not the elit. im not sure
I just checked my coupons and it is for the Sony Pulse Headset. I was actually gonna buy that for my son, thanks for bringing that up. I'll just wait til the sale is live.

Really wish Amazon would stop putting the same damn games on sale. MP3 has been dirt cheap every other week for the past year (years???). If people haven't bought it by now, tough. How about catering to us gamers who have already taken part in these BL2 and Max Payne 3. Some different games would be nice for once.

Really wish Amazon would stop putting the same damn games on sale. MP3 has been dirt cheap every other week for the past year (years???). If people haven't bought it by now, tough. How about catering to us gamers who have already taken part in these BL2 and Max Payne 3. Some different games would be nice for once.
You might try rephrasing this as "Hey Tony, anything in the works for [Game I'd Want]? Maybe bundled with [Related Game]? Love to see it as [Percentage Off]. Thanks!"

Might work better than random grousing about the deals they are running.

You might try rephrasing this as "Hey Tony, anything in the works for [Game I'd Want]? Maybe bundled with [Related Game]? Love to see it as [Percentage Off]. Thanks!"

I oppose this suggestion. Where am I supposed to get my entertainment from without random grousing?!

well, no, that suggestion doesn't apply to me at all. My problem is NOT that a want a specific game on sale; it's that the same games go on sale. Phrasing it like that does nothing for me or anyone. If I did it your way, I'd have a laundry list of games. How about this:

hey Tony, do you have any-game-thats-not-the-same -game-over-and-over in the works?

that's as specific as I can be. Your self-righteousness gets a gold star today.

well, no, that suggestion doesn't apply to me at all. My problem is NOT that a want a specific game on sale; it's that the same games go on sale. Phrasing ot like that does nothing for me or anyone. If I did it your way, I'd have a laundry list of games. How about this:

hey Tony, do you have any-game-thats-not-the-same -games-ober-and-over in the works?

that's as specific as I can be
If there are no specific games you want to go on sale, how is Tony suppose to know what different to put up with any certainty you'd actually buy it? That's like going to a restaurant and ordering "anything different from last time", it's nonsense and you will almost always be disappointed with what you get,

If there are no specific games you want to go on sale, how is Tony suppose to know what different to put up with any certainty you'd actually buy it? That's like going to a restaurant and ordering "anything different from last time", it's nonsense and you will almost always be disappointed with what you get,
I wnat InJustice 5bucks yo thanks tony ehh or alien rage unlimited for 3.99 thank you and i want biohsock inifnite season pass for5bucks thank like that yea

obviously I'm not being clear enough. I'm not criticizing the fact that it was on sale last time. Read again. It's the same games every other week. Can I please get an experience CAG to back me up on this undeniable fact? Or shall I compile a list of all the times it's been on sale in the past year?

Yes games on sale are repeated.  Your point?  If it's selling, why stop?  Amazon is a for profit company after all.  Would I like to see some new titles get deep discounts, yes.  Have I also picked up on repeat sale items because I passed on them in the past, yes.  Tony has asked in the past for specific data when requests are made.  He can do hardly anything productive when the request is as vague as 'I want something different on sale'.

obviously I'm not being clear enough. I'm not criticizing the fact that it was on sale last time. Read again. It's the same games every other week. Can I please get an experience CAG to back me up on this undeniable fact? Or shall I compile a list of all the times it's been on sale in the past year?
Honestly, you're just not being clear what you want. There's only so many high profile games that come out per year... so the FC4, BL3, etc sales will have to wait until those games are released. Tony pushed and got Amazon a new indie Games Store/Section about six months ago. Also if you looked through the spreadsheet linked in the top post on any big sale (e.g. Thanksgiving) you'd see all sorts of casual/puzzle/adventure/racing/FPS/etc games that you might not have heard of.

Yes games are put on sale repeatedly, but that's just the nature of things. If you want something on sale, bloody ask for it and stop expecting Tony to read your mind and pull appropriate sales out of his ass for you. If you hadn't noticed, many of the requests CAGs have posted in this thread have become a reality since when Tony knows what we/you want he can generally work something out, but why should he have to fumble in the dark and potentially put up sales that don't sell well when he and Amazon are much better off sticking to what is still selling well. I'm probably coming off as a jerk but seriously all I ever see you post is complaining about what is on sale, not what could be on sale, which maybe you will eventually understand is the problem.

/rant

It's the same games every other week. Can I please get an experience CAG to back me up on this undeniable fact? Or shall I compile a list of all the times it's been on sale in the past year?
Ok, provide me dates, along with the current at the time MSRP and sale price for Jan 1 2013 through today.

I agree w/this guy tho, they need sales on other titles for once...like, when is Magicka gonna go on sale?

I swear I've been waitin for that forever. Not this damn Max payne shit. It's not like I was super excited and jumped on that fuqin stupid 7 dollar Max Payne complete pack in the black friday sale. Fuq Amazon. Fuq sales. FUQ IT ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back